• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hi, because of an eye disorder, I can't play games that have bloom or HDR. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to completely, 100% disable bloom and HDR in this game? Thank you.

That is a good question, I'll try to look around and see if I can find anything about that as I haven't messed around with my settings at all.

Cant try for alienware key at work so putting all my hopes that ncsoft will send me one but after not getting in weekend 2 im not holding my breath. Will Warlock be available this time?

No. Warlock will not be available at launch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No. Warlock will not be available at launch.

Oh meh I thought someone said it would be on a upcoming beta weekend. Oh well guess its either giant amazon lady Destroyer or nimble Assassin lady for launch

Vex_

Banned
Yes, the free keys are only good for one weekend unfortunately.

Ahhh I see.

Kinda feeling like I should still give a way my key if alienware runs out though. I feel like someone else could make better use of the key than someone like me -- who is just ready to play the game without having progress wiped :/ ....

I already know I'm gonna have:

KFM
ASS
DST

...for my mains.

ShinMaruku

Got in. WIll be spotty until I reach Florida in my 1,100 mile drive. >_> Tonight. 14 hour drive but I'll be good for the week.

SDBurton

Glad you guys were able to get one! :D

Lmao! ASS is my abbrev. For Assasin. Lloloo!!!!!!!!

Not gonna lie, just woke up and read your post and I thought you said:

"KFM

DAT

ASS"

:lol

==================================

Just refreshed the Alienware site and it says they still have 4,299 keys left!

I secured 3 extra keys for Gaf members from the giveaway, quote to reveal. Let me know if you use one! :)

Also keep in mind that it looks like they're still giving them out.

Zabi

Banned
There has been some talk going around of the US version being censored.

mjD2zEe.jpg

I did a little checking and it looks like the people raging about it are exaggerating to an extent but I wouldn't know how much because I haven't been able to see for myself. I did have fun playing the patched Chinese version but the computer I used died and my laptop isn't good enough for the game. By the time I get my next computer the beta will likely be almost over.

Chariot

I was about to make a thread until I realized that most the sources complaining are GamerGate, not walking into that one. But there seems to be quite a few alterations, even in quests and story.

Azusa

As long as they don't change/remove costumes and game features I don't care. Localisation changed names and some story bits? Eh. I wouldn't bother with this "censorship" at all. It's just usual localisation changes.

Azull

For those who are just now joining us for CBT3 be sure to create your character on the Mushin server so either myself or Ultimadrago can gift you a premium membership (allows you to skip login queues among other nifty things). :)

Wow thanks! That would be awesome, I'll send you a message when I get home with my character name. Does it make what race we chips by the way or can everyone group together regardless?

Makki

For whoever else didnt manage to get a code for this weekends beta, quote this post and let others know if you used it:

Zand

Neo Member
People are annoyed by the changes to side-quests due to the reasoning behind the changes...typical SJW feels reasoning. Won't say more than that since this is NeoGAF. ;p

The change to character underwear is a non-issue imo, the new outfit actually does help with creating good proportions for your character, so I'm happy with it. Easy fix would simply allow players to pick with underwear to show, though that would probably take more effort then I'm aware of. =)

Makki

People are annoyed by the changes to side-quests due to the reasoning behind the changes...typical SJW feels reasoning. Won't say more than that since this is NeoGAF. ;p

The change to character underwear is a non-issue imo, the new outfit actually does help with creating good proportions for your character, so I'm happy with it. Easy fix would simply allow players to pick with underwear to show, though that would probably take more effort then I'm aware of. =)

They should have just done a bikini style underwear, theres armor that shows more than that already in game so why do booty shorts and a top that makes it hard to see the proportions at those areas?

And why cant you have smaller cup size on gon or the human race :/

Pejo

If anyone gets an extra code, I'd love to get back into the game. I'm keeping an eye out for sites giving them away in the meantime.

JohnJJ

Neo Member
I'm on the look out for a key also if anyone can spare, Alienware give-away site is down :(

EDIT: If you apply via the Alienware website just keep refreshing the page when you get the error - it works eventually!

Azusa

After playing with different characters up to level 20 I see no point in continuing playing CBT. I have tried almost all classes except summoner and force master. I don't think I would want to play as another caster again.

My destroyer. At first I hated them but then I started to love throwing and head butting monsters.
HtODsB3.jpg

T.O.P

Banned
Meh

Played for a couple of hours now, i think TERA burned me off pretty damn hard a couple of years ago, Destroyer doesn't help being extremely Berserker-like (apart from the throw mechanics)

Might play a bit more tomorrow but i don't think i'll even keep up till the end of this beta

Meh

Played for a couple of hours now, i think TERA burned me off pretty damn hard a couple of years ago, Destroyer doesn't help being extremely Berserker-like (apart from the throw mechanics)

Might play a bit more tomorrow but i don't think i'll even keep up till the end of this beta

Play something besides Destroyer. Assassin or Summoner would be completely different than how you are playing now.

That side quest content was quite awful even by my anime standard.

Wish they add back those underwear though. Some of them look quite cute that would totally work as costumes

Zand

Neo Member

Wish they add back those underwear though. Some of them look quite cute that would totally work as costumes

Opinions. I think it was a bad move by the writing team to be making such changes at all.

Zabi

Banned

Someone elsewhere (I forgot where) said the original underwear have been changed to premium costumes. I have not confirmed this.

SDBurton

Finally home from work!

============================

There has been some talk going around of the US version being censored.

mjD2zEe.jpg

I did a little checking and it looks like the people raging about it are exaggerating to an extent but I wouldn't know how much because I haven't been able to see for myself. I did have fun playing the patched Chinese version but the computer I used died and my laptop isn't good enough for the game. By the time I get my next computer the beta will likely be almost over.

It was only the starting outfit that was switched, and honestly its not that big of a deal. The costumes that people were concerned about getting censored are still there intact. I feel the reason they changed the underwear was for people to get a better look at their character's proportions. For that, I can't argue against the change.

The only other alteration was a side quest, which admittedly would've caused great deal of complaints had it been left in, considering today's climate in gaming.

For those already in and don't have an invite to the clan, PM Yuridaze in-game. Be sure to join the Crimson Legion faction first as I won't be able to invite you otherwise.

Wow thanks! That would be awesome, I'll send you a message when I get home with my character name. Does it make what race we chips by the way or can everyone group together regardless?

Everyone can group together regardless of what race they are.

It was only the starting outfit that was switched, and honestly its not that big of a deal. The costumes that people were concerned about getting censored are still there intact. I feel the reason they changed the underwear was for people to get a better look at their character's proportions. For that, I can't argue against the change.

I think this reason makes more sense:

Someone elsewhere (I forgot where) said the original underwear have been changed to premium costumes. I have not confirmed this.

... so they can make money from people like me D:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sorted. Thank you to a fellow gaffer (not sure if he wants to remain anonymous)

SDBurton

I think this reason makes more sense:

I liked the black lace number the Gon females were wearing, but admittedly it was kinda difficult to see/alter the waist area.

... so they can make money from people like me D:

Glad to have you with us. :D

==============================

Just checked the Alienware site and to me it still list available keys. For those who have yet to get one head on over there!

As I stated earlier PM me in-game so I can gift you a premium membership as well. The benefits are as follows:

• Increased XP from quests, mobs, and dailies
  • Increased Gold from quests, mobs, and dailies
  • Login Queue Priority
  • Class Specific Windwalk
  • Hongmoon Store Discount on Specific Items

And more!

SDBurton

Apropos premium, how much NC coins will it cost after launch?

At this moment I'm not sure, definitely won't be as cheap as it is right now though lol. For those who have purchased either the Disciple or Master Pack, they will get 30 and 90 days of membership at the start of launch.

Top Bottom