• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

nikos

I liked the black lace number the Gon females were wearing, but admittedly it was kinda difficult to see/alter the waist area.

Glad to have you with us. :D

==============================

Just checked the Alienware site and to me it still list available keys. For those who have yet to get one head on over there!

As I stated earlier PM me in-game so I can gift you a premium membership as well. The benefits are as follows:

• Increased XP from quests, mobs, and dailies
  • Increased Gold from quests, mobs, and dailies
  • Login Queue Priority
  • Class Specific Windwalk
  • Hongmoon Store Discount on Specific Items

And more!

Got a key! Thank you so much for posting this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait wtf its up already? Or are you guys in the normal beta.

Astra

I just can't make an account on the Alienware site, no matter how many times I refresh.
If anyone else is able to get an extra key, and sends it my way I'd be greatly appreciative :}

orrible

Neo Member
For those who are just now joining us for CBT3 be sure to create your character on the Mushin server so either myself or Ultimadrago can gift you a premium membership (allows you to skip login queues among other nifty things). :)

In-game name on Mushin is Gigigi. Thanks a lot :)

Pachinko

I just played this for like 3 hours , I'm skipping a good chunk of the questing text but the combat system is keeping me going. Reminds me of Age of Conan.

I guess it also helps that I think it's hilarious I can make a woman with a 23 inch waist and 47 inch hips too. I'm not getting a very good draw on the wheel though... can't upgrade my weapon until I get a specific upgrade only it has :(

janoDX

I've been playing on Mushin server for a couple hours (as "PurpleWitch") and okay, the game is good, and runs great on my laptop, I like it, might play it when it launches.

Don't know why I can't seem to get the Alienware site working. Been refreshing since yesterday but still encounter the no more keys left.

Anyone have an extra key?

Vex_

Banned
Don't know why I can't seem to get the Alienware site working. Been refreshing since yesterday but still encounter the no more keys left.

Anyone have an extra key?

Check ur pms, junior!

I won't be playing this time around. Y'all already know imma go ham on Dis game when it officially drops holy shit!

My eyes will bleed before I stop playing. I'm sold already, so I wanna let someone else play.

Have fun, junior.

yaffi

I don't know what they did with this game but apparently when I turned off UI, my fps skyrocketed to 100 fps+ lol

It's like TERA then.

I think I'll stay on an NA server for the beta, even with worse ping than EU. Seems like most of the people in here are playing there.

I'll settle for BM for now and just hope it works out with ~200ms.

Lyng

Oh man I didnt know this game uses Gameguard. Horrible.
As someone who creates Youtube content its a horrific mess. Gameguard straight out prevents Xsplit from working.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I just played this for like 3 hours , I'm skipping a good chunk of the questing text but the combat system is keeping me going. Reminds me of Age of Conan.

I guess it also helps that I think it's hilarious I can make a woman with a 23 inch waist and 47 inch hips too. I'm not getting a very good draw on the wheel though... can't upgrade my weapon until I get a specific upgrade only it has :(

Are you talking about the weapon box drop?

If you have any Veridian Hongmoon Keys, use those as it will guarantee the weapon you're looking for will drop. Using regular keys will cause it to drop on chance.

Vex_

Banned
How well does the game play with a controller?

I play with a dualshock 4 emulating an xbawks pad. The game shows XBAWKS button rompts in game automatically. I thought aiming would be slow, it is fast. Real fucking fast. There is also a soft lock going on there. You can turn that off if ya like I think. Real smooth. You can tweak the speeds.

Button mapping.... hmmmm well you can remap every button EXCEPT the L1 and R1... that's the LB and RB for XBAWKS controllers. Those are your function keys labeled f1 + f2 respectively in game. You need those function keys as they are your modifiers to access other skills on the fly. I can tell the devs tested out out which skills felt right using the function buttons because it just works™.

Speaking of remapping, I rarely changed anything. It just works™. The only thing you will have to get used to is switching between Blade and Soul mode (it is literally called that in game. action mode) and Ui mode (bring up your cursor). To do this, you have to first hit start (start button too on XBAWKS) or Share (back button for XBAWKS?) and then hit the hotkey for saaayyy maps, or inventory.

All in all: it just works™. I bopped a couple of people in PvP, I got bopped. The thing to take away here is that no one could tell I was using a controller.

Note: I am a controller on PC connoisseur. So I would know if a gamepad enabled game works well.

Teletraan1

Banned
I play with a dualshock 4 emulating an xbawks pad. The game shows XBAWKS button rompts in game automatically. I thought aiming would be slow, it is fast. Real fucking fast. There is also a soft lock going on there. You can turn that off if ya like I think. Real smooth. You can tweak the speeds.

Button mapping.... hmmmm well you can remap every button EXCEPT the L1 and R1... that's the LB and RB for XBAWKS controllers. Those are your function keys labeled f1 + f2 respectively in game. You need those function keys as they are your modifiers to access other skills on the fly. I can tell the devs tested out out which skills felt right using the function buttons because it just works™.

Speaking of remapping, I rarely changed anything. It just works™. The only thing you will have to get used to is switching between Blade and Soul mode (it is literally called that in game. action mode) and Ui mode (bring up your cursor). To do this, you have to first hit start (start button too on XBAWKS) or Share (back button for XBAWKS?) and then hit the hotkey for saaayyy maps, or inventory.

All in all: it just works™. I bopped a couple of people in PvP, I got bopped. The thing to take away here is that no one could tell I was using a controller.

Note: I am a controller on PC connoisseur. So I would know if a gamepad enabled game works well.

I am using a DS4 as well and I am getting some strange cursor movement when I enter UI mode. The cursor just jumps all over the screen with slight movements. I thought it might be a jacked up acceleration but it seems like it snaps to different UI elements at random. Other than that I am liking the combat with a controller.

Vex_

Banned
I am using a DS4 as well and I am getting some strange cursor movement when I enter UI mode. The cursor just jumps all over the screen with slight movements. I thought it might be a jacked up acceleration but it seems like it snaps to different UI elements at random. Other than that I am liking the combat with a controller.

I forgot to mention that. Yes. That does happen. I have no fucking idea what causes it. I have tried to isolate that issue, but I cannot reproduce it for the life of me.

It SEEMS like they had a feature built in that allowed you to quickly "snap" between different ui elements by flicking the stick, but abandoned the idea.

It's annoying as fuck.

Vex_

Banned
It works very well since the put a faster modifier on turning as well as nailing down a soft lock on. It just needs 2 touch ups to equal Tera. I can animation cancel like crazy now.

maruku bro, can we remap the jump button gamepad? I forgot, but can you confirm this for the guy who asked up there?

SDBurton

Do I need to be online to get the invite?

I think so, logging on now.

Game is really fun
Made a character on Mushin, name is Kaede T if anyone wants to invite me

Will invite you too.

Reminder: Join the Crimson Legion faction first so I can invite you to the clan.

My post here details where the leader is located so you can talk to him.

Clicking on a few profiles I see people joining Cerulean Order. Do not join them. Just keep spamming the join button for Crimson Legion and you'll get in eventually.

Azull

Sooooooo I'm enjoying the game but I'm in this town at level 7 and I'm constantly getting killed by other players. What the hell is the deal? Do I have PvP enabled or something? Like I'm literally stuck in this town because they're just camping myself and two others.

Zand

Neo Member
Sooooooo I'm enjoying the game but I'm in this town at level 7 and I'm constantly getting killed by other players. What the hell is the deal? Do I have PvP enabled or something? Like I'm literally stuck in this town because they're just camping myself and two others.

Put on the starter outfit you got in the tutorial. You are most like wearing the Faction outfit of the blue / red side that you pick in Bamboo Village. Wearing the outfit flags you for PvP wherever you are, so you can be killed by the opposing Faction. You should be able to change into the default outfit before you rez.

GrandHusk

I think so, logging on now.

Will invite you too.

Reminder: Join the Crimson Legion faction first so I can invite you to the clan.

My post here details where the leader is located so you can talk to him.

Clicking on a few profiles I see people joining Cerulean Order. Do not join them. Just keep spamming the join button for Crimson Legion and you'll get in eventually.
orz

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

You probably have the pvp clothes equipped

SDBurton

You're probably wearing a faction outfit right now, which has flagged you for PvP. :lol

I also sent you a premium membership. :)

I see like 5 people aligned with Cerulean Order. RIP T_T

You can change your faction in Jadestone Village, which you'll reach around level 16 or so.

anothertech

So does anyone know if the blade master is able to summon the floating swords yet? I know they took it out for a while, but was it ever added back in? Is it in the beta?

Thx guys.

Top Bottom