• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Class looks so sick. Praying NCSoft will stick to their word and be aggressive with their content updates because I want this class ASAP.

ShinMaruku

Gaf has been on point in this thread. I hope it translates to a decent guild. Hell we don't even need 100 or 50 just enough to make us groove.

Vex_

Banned
You are invited to participate in this weekend's Closed Beta test of Blade & Soul! The Closed Beta test will be live from Friday December 11th at 10:00AM PST until Monday December 14th at 10:00PM PST.

Once again, I may give away my code sometime during the day the next beta starts.

Since I already know I love the game, I want someone else to give it a try to see if they like it if they do not get a key.

@ Guys, do any of you understand the performance settings. In both the Korean, the Russian and now the english beta, have I had major performance drops. My experience looks nothing like the smooth videos I see.

- It feels like micro stutter, but I am not sure what is causing it. Also, my framerates completely tank in areas with rain (like the first open area you visit after the tutorial) and its like my computer has problems loading new assets fast enough. Like you move so fast in the world that the game jitters.

I have 970 GTX and a i7 4970k, so I am thinking it has to be some of the settings I've cranked up.

There is that BnS special AA- Is that better than the default Anti Aliasing? Also, compared to some others. Would love a performance optimization guide. :)

SDBurton

Thanks for the PM.

Also I noticed it said Dec 10-22 when I registered the code. Did they change the timing so it's going to run throughout that entire time period?

No problem!

That would be awesome if so. At the very least it looks like you're covered for the CBT this weekend and the one next week.

Thanks for the PM SD.

You're welcome. :D

@ Guys, do any of you understand the performance settings. In both the Korean, the Russian and now the english beta, have I had major performance drops...

I'll look around and see what's up.

Ranmo

I don't think I will have time to play this weekend, but I am very excited about the game and own a founders pack. I look forward to joining the rest of you during release! Would have joined last beta weekend but my Gaf account was still waiting to be approved.

Vex_

Banned
I don't think I will have time to play this weekend, but I am very excited about the game and own a founders pack. I look forward to joining the rest of you during release! Would have joined last beta weekend but my Gaf account was still waiting to be approved.

Well a double welcome to you then! :)

I'm sure SDburton will get you squared away with the faction whenever you can get on.

SDBurton

Congrats on your account approval Ranmo!

You get bonus points for having Vert in your avatar. Best girl.

As Vex Krone said, just let me know when you get on and I'll make sure to get you settled. :)

ZSeba

I just installed the CBT and I can't get past the title screen.

All it shows is the title and some moving background, no input works :/

Am I doing something wrong?

SDBurton

I just installed the CBT and I can't get past the title screen.

All it shows is the title and some moving background, no input works :/

Am I doing something wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong at all, it's just that the servers are down at this time meaning the only thing you access is the title screen. :p

Servers will be up tomorrow at 10:00 AM PST

ZSeba

You're not doing anything wrong at all, it's just that the servers are down at this time meaning the only thing you access is the title screen. :p

Servers will be up tomorrow at 10:00 AM PST

Oh, thanks! :D I wish they'd comunicate that to players, somehow.
yet it's my fault for not knowing the beta dates

Ranmo

Sweet, and thanks! :]
If I end up having time for this beta weekend I will let you all know!
Last test I was having a blast with KFM. Though I still haven't decided on what class I want to play once live hits.
I still have time to test the waters and decide.

SDBurton

Oh, thanks! :D I wish they'd comunicate that to players, somehow.
yet it's my fault for not knowing the beta dates

It's all good. :lol

Sweet, and thanks! :]
If I end up having time for this beta weekend I will let you all know!
Last test I was having a blast with KFM. Though I still haven't decided on what class I want to play once live hits.
I still have time to test the waters and decide.

No worries, we'll be here.

So I got ahold of a key for this weekend and I'll be giving it a shot. Haven't had an MMO really grab me in awhile but the combat system in this seems interesting.

SDBurton

So I got ahold of a key for this weekend and I'll be giving it a shot. Haven't had an MMO really grab me in awhile but the combat system in this seems interesting.

Nice. Message me in game (name is Yuridaze) so I can friend you and send you a premium membership. Will help you level faster, get more money from quest turn-ins and mobs, and will give you login priority.

For those of you who are just joining us, be sure to choose the Mushin server, as that's where the GAF clan is.

Nice. Message me in game (name is Yuridaze) so I can friend you and send you a premium membership. Will help you level faster, get more money from quest turn-ins and mobs, and will give you login priority.

For those of you who are just joining us, be sure to choose the Mushin server, as that's where the GAF clan is.

Oh wow. I'll definitely message you and join up with the Gaf Guild but don't waste anything special on me that would help someone more enamored with the game. This is more of a curiosity test on my part.

SDBurton

Oh wow. I'll definitely message you and join up with the Gaf Guild but don't waste anything special on me that would help someone more enamored with the game. This is more of a curiosity test on my part.

Oh its nothing. For the last 3 CBTs purchasing Premium Memberships have been super cheap so I have no problem gifting them out to those that need them. :)

Oh its nothing. For the last 3 CBTs purchasing Premium Memberships have been super cheap so I have no problem gifting them out to those that need them. :)

Oh definitely don't gift me anything that costs money! I appreciate that you want to help people out and it may not be a big deal for you but if I end up not playing the game I'd feel like a super dick for accepting anything like that.

SDBurton

Oh definitely don't gift me anything that costs money! I appreciate that you want to help people out and it may not be a big deal for you but if I end up not playing the game I'd feel like a super dick for accepting anything like that.

No I mean it's literally 1 NCoin. That's it. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper cheap. lmao

Lain

I ended up receiving a beta key from ncsoft after I won one from Razer (Thanks SDBurton!).
ModBotting would be a hassle, so just quote to see.

Top Bottom