• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

I expect to see a pretty Illy <3

I remember reading a long time ago that Lyn can't be Kung Fu Master, apparently that restriction is still in the game >_>

I would play a Summoner but until I can summon Heracles that ain't happening. I suppose I can try out Lyn Blade Master for now. I'll have to make another race Kung Fu Master too before the weekend is up because I need to punch and kick things.

Oh man I didnt know this game uses Gameguard. Horrible.
As someone who creates Youtube content its a horrific mess. Gameguard straight out prevents Xsplit from working.

Does OBS work? That's what I use these days...

Astra

I remember reading a long time ago that Lyn can't be Kung Fu Master, apparently that restriction is still in the game >_>

I would play a Summoner but until I can summon Heracles that ain't happening. I suppose I can try out Lyn Blade Master for now. I'll have to make another race Kung Fu Master too before the weekend is up because I need to punch and kick things.

The Lyn really creep me out.

Yun for Kung Fu Master. Those long legs have reach. :}

OBS works, I was streaming for a friend during the last beta.

luffeN

Does a lot of things, most notably:

• Increased XP from quests, mobs, and dailies
  • Increased Gold from quests, mobs, and dailies
  • Login Queue Priority
  • Class Specific Windwalk
  • Hongmoon Store Discount on Specific Items

Sounds nice. Not sure If I will be able to play, but how much in real money is one NCSOFT coin?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sounds nice. Not sure If I will be able to play, but how much in real money is one NCSOFT coin?

Like, less than a penny. If you're worried about getting something pricey from me, don't. All NCoin spent in the CBTs will be refunded come launch, so I'm not losing anything really. :p

luffeN

Like, less than a penny. If you're worried about getting something pricey from me, don't. All NCoin spent in the CBTs will be refunded come launch, so I'm not losing anything really. :p

Then I will probably take you up on the offer if I get a chance to play! Thank you :)

Um, I got a key from Razer earlier today, but then I remembered I was going to be away all week-end, which kinda defeats the purpose, so here you go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1131215.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blade & Soul Beta Access -- MB-B2C5DC1A98BEA054 - Taken by KageZero. 1 entrants total.

t1449853120z1.png

Astra

Ugh, the beta started right? I'm also stuck at the splash screen, and can't go to character select. My client is updated, restarted, restarted the PC.

Might have to redownload the whole client, unless anyone has other suggestions?

SDBurton

Ugh, the beta started right? I'm also stuck at the splash screen, and can't go to character select. My client is updated, restarted, restarted the PC.

Might have to redownload the whole client, unless anyone has other suggestions?

Are you still having issues with the client?

Astra

Are you still having issues with the client?

Yeah, I tried anything I could think of, including using the different shortcuts to start the game but nothing worked. So I just deleted everything and am reinstalling from scratch.

Fingers crossed it works.

SDBurton

Yeah, I tried anything I could think of, including using the different shortcuts to start the game but nothing worked. So I just deleted everything and am reinstalling from scratch.

Fingers crossed it works.

Here's hoping!

Sent you a friend request SDBurton. IGN: Taako

Would've sent a mail in game but I'm still broke.

Nice, I'll be at the house in about 3 1/2 hours. :D

Crimson Legion is indeed still full, so I'll be factionless for awhile. Only just got to the Village.

Combat is still early but it feels fun so far. I need to figure out a decent control/binding scheme though. I may try a controller later when I get back on.

Makki

Does anybody know how to force real Anti Aliasing on this game with Nvidia cards? Im tired of the jagged edges. A picture of the setup with whatever program you use would be nice

Numb

Can't seem to connect pad. Everything is just gray in the controller section and can't touch nothing. Am i missing something or setting?

Gnomist

Hey all. I was able to get a beta code and will be trying it out this weekend for the first time. I'm wondering if there are decent resources for this game other than the official forums. Any good preview sites or videos to help me make an informed choice about classes, etc? Thanks!

SDBurton

Crimson Legion is indeed still full, so I'll be factionless for awhile. Only just got to the Village.

Combat is still early but it feels fun so far. I need to figure out a decent control/binding scheme though. I may try a controller later when I get back on.

Yeah I've been discussing about this issue with Shin for bit and we're still contemplating on the idea of going Cerulean Order come launch. Still up in the air at this time, but we'll see.

I'm home now, logging on.

Can't seem to connect pad. Everything is just gray in the controller section and can't touch nothing. Am i missing something or setting?

I just tried it and got the same thing. I haven't been following this game, but it seems like the controller support isn't enabled yet. I'm using DS4Windows and a PS4 controller.

ShinMaruku

Ibuki's sadness has kept you away. :(

Actually go to your settings and accept controller mode. Also what pad are you using?
I am gonna make an assassin named Ibuki to find you :E

Zand

Neo Member
Thanks it works fine now. Btw this NA/EU version is fully uncensored like the korean version?

Yes, but the SJW Police have taken liberties with the quests in the game, changing some to be more culturally acceptable (blah blah). The only outfit which has been changed/removed are the undies that you see when you make your character. They were replaced with shorts and short shirt. Its not awful, and the new undies really do allow you a better look at your characters proportions..

Other than that, the game is uncensored. =)

Numb

Ibuki's sadness has kept you away. :(

Actually go to your settings and accept controller mode. Also what pad are you using?
I am gonna make an assassin named Ibuki to find you :E

Tried 360,Bone and PS4.
Everything still gray and can't go into gamepad mode
curse you ibuki!

SDBurton

Family emergency came up, I'll try to be more present when I can. :(

Edit: Jest I sent you a premium membership before I had to head out. Let me know if you got it. My character is still online but I'm not there guys, so don't worry if you don't get a reply from me anytime soon. :lol

Family emergency came up, I'll try to be more present when I can. :(

Edit: Jest I sent you a premium membership before I had to head out. Let me know if you got it. My character is still online but I'm not there guys, so don't worry if you don't get a reply from me anytime soon. :lol

I believe I got it earlier. I didn't have to do anything, I just got a ton of notifications on my screen of the benefits.

Top Bottom