• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

Nice Soul Master footage from Steparu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV6NSR6Sgr0

I'm confused on how far we are about the patches. So, this class and Warlock are out in Korea, but we're not getting this for a while?

What version are we launching with?

Rendermax has a lot of really awesome videos from the Korean version; https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6nXbuLHGVnbRzmUC2S0VjgJcCI-M8XKH

His video of the Lyn, is really great; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6hK_g1G2QQ&index=2&list=PL6nXbuLHGVnbRzmUC2S0VjgJcCI-M8XKH < I don't find them creepy at all. Compared to the "cutesy" race in TERA, I don't sense any hyper sexualization in this race, at all? these guys reminds me of dragon ball. the original series.

ShinMaruku

Best way to explain what patch we are in is to say outside of content packs there is game version, we are launching with version 3.0, so the class balance and game balance is about the same, warlocks are in our version just not unlocked like the level 50 chapter and beyond. After that we would probably need the next story update and dungeons then we are maybe 2 patches behind Korea.

If we get the warlock and the end of their story arch and some dungeons in the next patch, we would be two content updates from Korea. The ground work is already there since we are in 3.0.

Best way to explain what patch we are in is to say outside of content packs there is game version, we are launching with version 3.0, so the class balance and game balance is about the same, warlocks are in our version just not unlocked like the level 50 chapter and beyond. After that we would probably need the next story update and dungeons then we are maybe 2 patches behind Korea.

If we get the warlock and the end of their story arch and some dungeons in the next patch, we would be two content updates from Korea. The ground work is already there since we are in 3.0.

Ok, but this Soul Fighter class., are they also lvl 50 chapter classes?

There is strangely limited info on these classes I feel.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
CBT4 bros, it seems we need another key to get access to CBT5.

This site still has keys as of a few minutes ago, I just got one for myself:
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/369493/Weve+got+codes+for+the+final+closed+beta+for+Blade+Soul/

It was mentioned previously in their CBT 4 annoucement that getting a key from the last event (CBT 4) would grant you access to CBT 5. Nonetheless, extra keys are more than welcome so we can help out fellow gaffers that have been missing out so far.

SDBurton

Looks like new costumes came out for the Korean client:

(Jin Male / Jin Female / Lyn Male / Lyn Female / Gon Male / Gon Female / Yun)
zHtfbVd.png

dXloz3P.png

Love 'em!

Forgot to take a screenshot of my current character last time.

I feel like I've spent so much time in the character creator over the course of the betas.

It makes sense though since everything is going to be wiped at the end of the next one so it's good to get that all sorted out before hand.

Here's the KFM that I made to start with though.

I feel like my characters either have to be short or tall, I never feel like going inbetween/average height.

Will post my Blade Master when I get a chance.

Kitoro

I got in about an hour of playtime at the tail end of the last beta, and was somewhat impressed with what I experienced.

Definitely loving the use of colors, and the character designs, as well as the music. The gameplay seemed refreshing for an MMO, with less of an emphasis on traditional targeting and more about placing attacks that feel more real-time, if not a bit more shallow than the usual MMO.

The game definitely feels like a game that's 3 years old from what I've seen thus far, but maybe newer areas and content look and feel a bit more advanced and awe inspiring.

I'll reserve judgment until I get some more time in, but despite any gripes I may have mentioned above, I remain enthusiastic about the game, and, if it's easy to get my friends hooked and playing with me, I'll be as happy as can be.

I'm sitting at the $24.99 founder's tier at the moment, and tempted to jump up to the $74.99 tier, but I feel like the rewards get exponentially better at the $124.99 tier that the $74.99 tier just seems like a relative waste, almost like a go big or go home scenario.

Either way, looking forward to another chance to try the game out some more!

It was mentioned previously in their CBT 4 annoucement that getting a key from the last event (CBT 4) would grant you access to CBT 5. Nonetheless, extra keys are more than welcome so we can help out fellow gaffers that have been missing out so far.

After spending time last weekend playing, I think I might just buy the mid-tier founder's pack. I think this might be the one mmo I actually get into and it gives you enough stuff to keep playing.

SDBurton

I got in about an hour of playtime at the tail end of the last beta, and was somewhat impressed with what I experienced.

Definitely loving the use of colors, and the character designs, as well as the music. The gameplay seemed refreshing for an MMO, with less of an emphasis on traditional targeting and more about placing attacks that feel more real-time, if not a bit more shallow than the usual MMO.

The game definitely feels like a game that's 3 years old from what I've seen thus far, but maybe newer areas and content look and feel a bit more advanced and awe inspiring.

I'll reserve judgment until I get some more time in, but despite any gripes I may have mentioned above, I remain enthusiastic about the game, and, if it's easy to get my friends hooked and playing with me, I'll be as happy as can be.

I'm sitting at the $24.99 founder's tier at the moment, and tempted to jump up to the $74.99 tier, but I feel like the rewards get exponentially better at the $124.99 tier that the $74.99 tier just seems like a relative waste, almost like a go big or go home scenario.

Either way, looking forward to another chance to try the game out some more!

Glad to hear you're liking it so far. You're right about the founder packs, if you want to get the most hasn't for your buck the Master Pack is the way to go.

After spending time last weekend playing, I think I might just buy the mid-tier founder's pack. I think this might be the one mmo I actually get into and it gives you enough stuff to keep playing.

Nice!! :D

Astra

I did not get a chance to play the beta last weekend, since I was too busy. I really hope I have time for the next one.

Being the last though, I'm not too concerned about it. Though I don't think I'll buy a founders pack. I just didn't get enough time with the beta to know if I like it enough. :(

Kitoro

I just hit level 6, and am just running through clearing all the quests I can so I can finally get to and try a 6 player instanced dungeon.

How far do I need to get before I can try one of those out?

Thanks!

Kitoro

You can go into Blackram Narrows at level 18, though it's a level 20 dungeon.

Ah, okay, thanks! With the heavy schedule I have this weekend, chances are I won't be able to try it before full release.

Are the dungeons fun? They're 6 player dungeons, right? Is there matchmaking to put together parties? Are there certain class makeups that are required, such as 1 Tank, 1 Healer, and 4 DPS, or how does it work in this game (are there even healers)?

Are the instances your typical 'progress from point A to point B and kill everything in your way,' or do they also include platforming elements and other things to keep things fresh?

Thanks again!

How's the chat in the beta? Are people randomly shouting out Star Wars spoilers?

I just need to know if I need to disable all chat when I log in this weekend.

SDBurton

Ah, okay, thanks! With the heavy schedule I have this weekend, chances are I won't be able to try it before full release.

Are the dungeons fun? They're 6 player dungeons, right?

They're fun and yes there are 6-man dungeons and hard mode 4-man dungeons.

Is there matchmaking to put together parties?

Yes there is.

Are there certain class makeups that are required, such as 1 Tank, 1 Healer, and 4 DPS, or how does it work in this game (are there even healers)?

Somewhat. It's recommended that you have either a Blade Master or Kung-Fu Master in your party so they can take on the tanking role for your group. There are no healers in the game as each class have a number of skills to either heal themselves or avoid taking damage altogether.

Are the instances your typical 'progress from point A to point B and kill everything in your way,' or do they also include platforming elements and other things to keep things fresh?

Both. Some dungeons have areas that are accessible through use of your windwalking skills and others have dragon streams that provide a short yet flashy cinematic of your character defying gravity as they reach certain areas within.

Can you use premium points on the store while in the beta?

All the coins you use during beta will be refunded so yeah. That is, as long as you use them in this beta, if you go and buy stuff in other live games with those same coins, they'll obviously not be reimbursed since that's real coins you'd be spending.

Risev1

All the coins you use during beta will be refunded so yeah. That is, as long as you use them in this beta, if you go and buy stuff in other live games with those same coins, they'll obviously not be reimbursed since that's real coins you'd be spending.

Well, how can I get the premium codes though? I used the code I got with the founder's pack on the account page, but I don't seem to have any points ingame.

Well, how can I get the premium codes though? I used the code I got with the founder's pack on the account page, but I don't seem to have any points ingame.

The 20$ pack doesn't have any coins. The higher packs should have a lot of coins. If you bought the 20$, you need someone to gift you premium. Premium is 1coin only, so most people give them away if you ask on zone chat or what not.

Risev1

The 20$ pack doesn't have any coins. The higher packs should have a lot of coins. If you bought the 20$, you need someone to gift you premium. Premium is 1coin only, so most people give them away if you ask on zone chat or what not.

I purchased the $25 initiate pack, which according to the website here, grants you 20,800 Premium Points. However, upon actually reading, it says that the points will be granted during the headstart period, which probably explains why I have no points right now.

Edit: or wait, I don't think I understand what this "Premium" thing is?

Vex_

Banned
Just want to let everyone know that if you plan on joining gaf come launch day, you should know that we can only have one kung fu master.

...oh, and that will be me.

So if you plan on rolling one, don't. Go ahead and have your fun now before launch.

Thanks guys.

Jk,... Partially.

SDBurton

I purchased the $25 initiate pack, which according to the website here, grants you 20,800 Premium Points. However, upon actually reading, it says that the points will be granted during the headstart period, which probably explains why I have no points right now.

Think of Premium Points as a sort of XP for your benefits. The more XP you accumulate, the more benefits you unlock.

Just want to let everyone know that if you plan on joining gaf come launch day, you should know that we can only have one kung fu master.

...oh, and that will be me.

So if you plan on rolling one, don't. Go ahead and have your fun now before launch.

Thanks guys.

Jk,... Partially.

*Ahem*

Pretty sure you meant "me", as in "SDBurton". :p

Jokes aside, roll what you want guys.

Premium points are acquired when you buy stuff from the cash shop, it accumulates and gives you better benefits when you have premium active(like at rank 4 it gives the ability to sell items anywhere, and every rank gives more gold drops, xp bonus and what not). You can't spend these, they're just as SDBurton said, like experience for your cash shop expenses.

What you can spend and use to buy stuff is NCoins, which the lowest pack has none of. In the lowest pack you pay for the char slot, the char appearance voucher, the headstart and whatever else was in there, too lazy to go check, but you don't get any currency to spend. You do get premium points as if you had spent 20bucks(or 25 whichever it is) in the shop buying those things however.

The medium and master packs come with more stuff, more premium points to simulate the additional stuff being bought and NCoins on top to spend to buy other stuff that you want.

Then as per usual in cash shop games, you can buy NCoins with real money then use these to buy stuff. Anytime you spend your NCoins to buy stuff, your premium points go up and maybe you get premium ranks.

Note that premium ranks literally do nothing if you don't have premium though. They are however permanent, so even if you don't have premium but buy stuff, it'll accumulate, and whenever you buy premium you'll have the benefits from your expected rank.

How's the chat in the beta? Are people randomly shouting out Star Wars spoilers?

I just need to know if I need to disable all chat when I log in this weekend.

I haven't been able to play recently so I don't know, but tbh I probably wouldn't risk it if I were you. It's not like you'll be missing quality conversation or anything haha

Top Bottom