• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Do we get access early if we bought a package? !!

If you bought any of the three founder's packs you'll be able to participate in the headstart that begins on the 15th.

For those that bought either the Disciple or Master pack they'll be able to log in to reserve their character name on the 11th.

SDBurton

How is the story/characters/world? Cringe-worthy melodrama, or good?

The story is alright, though some localization changes to it has caused a bit of controversy with the people who have played the other versions prior.

The characters are well designed, and their voices can be hit or miss. The story related characters you'll come across have surprisingly good VAs for an MMO (exception being Soha), but for side characters you'll get that C+ quality work that seems to pervade every Korean MMO that comes to existence.

The world is gorgeous. Very, very, gorgeous.

My first day on release will just be one giant Lyn outfit shopping spree and photoshoot.

Don't even joke. I'm hoping they have a lot of costumes available on the Premium Store, like more than they offered altogether during the CBTs as there are tons, TONS, of outfits that we have yet to see.

SmallWind

Original Link: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/for...5234-happy-holidays-from-the-blade-soul-team/

Google Cache Link: https://webcache.googleusercontent....5234-happy-holidays-from-the-blade-soul-team/

Upcoming Events
January 11: Name Reservation begins
EU servers open: 6pm UTC
NA servers open: 6pm PST
January 14, 10am PST: Name Reservation ends
January 15, 10am PST/6pm UTC: Head Start begins
January 19, 12:01am EST/5am UTC: Blade & Soul launches and Founder’s Pack sales end

Server Names
We would like to announce the server names that will be available at Head Start and launch! Be sure to pick your servers wisely as server transfers will not be available at launch.

North American Servers
Master Hong
Iksanun
Mushin
Jiwan
Poharan
Yehara
Hajoon
Old Man Cho
Soha
Juwol

European Servers
Ebon Hall
Windrest
Cardinal Gates
Wild Springs
Starfall Crater
Hao District
[DE] Frostgipfel
[DE] Bambusdorf
[DE] Windweide
[FR] Dokumo
[FR] Ogong
[FR] Hogdonny

SDBurton

Oh hell yes SmallWind! Thanks for the info!

As expected, Mushin will be one of the available servers to choose from at launch. :)

Time to do some research!

Nah, I'm wanting new outfits not available in the US CBT. Plus, I'll be switching outfits like everyday, so picking out only one ain't an option :p

I hope your credit card has a high limit because the costume prices in the beta store were pretty crazy. My budget limits me to one outfit but I'm only gonna need one.

Ultimadrago

I hope your credit card has a high limit because the costume prices in the beta store were pretty crazy. My budget limits me to one outfit but I'm only gonna need one.

Yeah, the card'll be fine. Master's Pack N-Coin boost won't hurt either, though I'm not sure I'll purchase all the same outfits I got in the CBT as well. Depends on how many new ones catch my eye.

SDBurton

I've already picked out the Lyn outfit I want, I was trying them on in CBT. You gotta get with the program bro.

There's plenty of outfits in the game that aren't in the wardrobe system yet. In the earlier streams they were showing a few of them off. Here's hoping a few of them show up on the store week 1.

ShinMaruku

At launch we should have a few. Some might be hidden behind the Warlock patch as well. But we should have most of Korea's stuff, actually we have some costumes they don't.

SDBurton

Love how NA has the lore names.
Old Man Cho being gatlike.

We're probably going to stay on Mushin as that server will be very active. I don't want GAF rolling on a dead server and the clan dissolving within the month. :lol

Name is cool though.

I feel bad for EU, they got some pretty terrible names and even lost their main CBT server (Soha) to us.

ShinMaruku

We shall be monitoring the server activitity. Mushin is safest bet due to the size grabbing more people and will be resistant to the contraction that happens.

Ellipses don't tell me what's wrong with it. Every Gaf guild/clan I've been a part of has used Neogaf (or GAF for short) as their name.

Hey man, you're the guild master. You can name it whatever you like.

But none of the GAF guilds I'm aware of just straight up use NeoGAF or just GAF. The ones that have G,A,F have it stand for something, such as 'Gaming Age Force' in GW2 or 'Gather Against Fate' in FFXIV. NeOak named the Tera guild 'Believe'. The old FFXI and FFXIV 1.0 guild was 'Stars of Destiny'.

Doesn't matter to me, I just figured you wanted a name for your guild. :D

SDBurton

But none of the GAF guilds I'm aware of just straight up use NeoGAF or just GAF. The ones that have G,A,F have it stand for something, such as 'Gaming Age Force' in GW2 or 'Gather Against Fate' in FFXIV. NeOak named the Tera guild 'Believe'. The old FFXI and FFXIV 1.0 guild was 'Stars of Destiny'.

Just noticed that my previous post came out rougher than intended, my bad. And you're right, now that you mentioned it I do recall GAF's GW2 and FFXIV branches using those names. What names do you have in mind?

Vex_

Banned
Skyforge's gaf guild was called SKYGAF which was sick nasty sweet.

So maybe we can name this one ..........

Blade and GAF?

GAF and Soul?

Wow I'm horrible at this.

Just noticed that my previous post came out rougher than intended, my bad. And you're right, now that you mentioned it I do recall GAF's GW2 and FFXIV branches using those names. What names do you have in mind?

Well, I'm really partial to 'Glorious American Freedom' but you guys might not like that. I just think that would be a hilarious name for a GAF guild. I would also really like a guild named Great Artists Fapping. :D

Serious ideas:

Games Aren't Fun
Gone And Fishing
Great Asian Food
Goddammit Another Fail

Actually of these random ideas, I like Great Asian Food the most. So I would say, why not go with that. And have some Dumplings, they're yummy.. :3

SDBurton

Well, I'm really partial to 'Glorious American Freedom' but you guys might not like that. I just think that would be a hilarious name for a GAF guild. I would also really like a guild named Great Artists Fapping. :D

Serious ideas:

Games Aren't Fun
Gone And Fishing
Great Asian Food
Goddammit Another Fail

Actually of these random ideas, I like Great Asian Food the most. So I would say, why not go with that. And have some Dumplings, they're yummy.. :3

I actually like this, but I feel many would not. :lol

Great Asian Food is pretty good too.

As long as it isn't apparent that it's neogaf from the outside, I'll take it.

and we should roll on Old Man Cho

If Old Man Cho becomes the go to server for the general player base (those outside of GAF) I'll consider it, but as of now we're rolling Mushin as that server is guaranteed to have a high population at launch. For getting insignias as well as getting one of the better soul shields in the game we need a healthy number people on the opposing faction that we can farm. Rolling on a low pop server would hinder us greatly.

SDBurton

Glorious Ass Fundamentalists

Great Asian Food

What do, GAF?

Edit: Doubt we'll be allowed to have 'Ass' on display for our guild name though. :lol

And while we're on the topic of a guild name, what will be the title of our OT?

Vex_

Banned
Great Asian Food

What do, GAF?

Edit: Doubt we'll be allowed to have 'Ass' on display for our guild name though. :lol

And while we're on the topic of a guild name, what will be the title of our OT?

Easy. Not everyone likes Asian food. Everyone does like ass.

It's a no brainer, really.

Vex_

Banned
I'm imagining Ayane saying this.

Yeah, that works.

The word 'Ass' is probably not allowed in guild names, and even if we snuck it in somehow a GM would probably be contacting the guild master rather quickly when it's noticed to demand it be changed.

Really? I mean, is that really 'vulgar' language?

I don't remember that word being censored in the world chat?

NeOak

I wanted to do GAF but TERA's name system would have capitalized it as "Gaf". But I didn't come up with the name, that was RBKZ if I remember correctly.

In the end, people found "Believe" more memorable and more open to non-Gaffers as well. At peak, we had way more non-Gaffers than people from GAF.

SDBurton

Sorry for the double post but I thought of a name that we could possibly use for the clan, here's what we got:

Glorious Ass Fundamentalists (ShinMaruku)
Great Asian Food (Unknown Soldier)
Golden Apple Fashion (SDBurton) (Sounds like a legit fashion company lol. Goes well with the fact that there are tons of stylish outfits in the game.)
Gigantic Asian Fannies (K. Sabot)
Girls Asian Force (Finaika)

Thoughts everyone?

Athreous

What kills me the most is that this game is 4 years old already in kr, and we aren't even as close as the current patch in kr =/

SDBurton

What kills me the most is that this game is 4 years old already in kr, and we aren't even as close as the current patch in kr =/

We're gonna be on patch 3.00 at launch, meaning in truth we'll only be a year behind Korea and they already said their update schedule is going to be very aggressive so we'll have the ability to participate in the next World Championship.

Top Bottom