• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

Is there a limit for the number of skills you can use in combat?
If yes and the limit is around 8 or so then I think I can play with gamepad (just need to figure out how to re-assign the all the buttons, stupid cannot use the same key assignment prevent me from changing anything)

mcz117chief

Are there plans for a European branch of the GAF guild too or will I have to play on the US servers to get together with mah GAF bros?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
quote for mumble info

at work....but have access to the CP so let me know if you have any issues

Awesome. It's been ages since I've used Mumble. Can't wait. :D

Brr, you're lvl 40 already :bowbow

Haha thanks. Ultimadrago and I were fortunate enough to get into the Alpha so we had plenty of time. :D

==============================

Finally home from work! Logging on now!!

ViciousDS

Banned
Dear heavens at the giant errors when installing thread on their forums....welp. Time to uninstall a ton of crap andninstallnother crap and try getting this client to just download the game lol

edit: I GOT IT DOWNLOADING..........YEYESYESYESSESSS!

Gattsu25

Banned
Anyone else unable to buy a founder's pack?

Edit: Turns out it was Paypal being annoying.

I got the founders pack...now where do I download the beta?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Never going to make it out of the character creator.
Anyone else unable to buy a founder's pack?

Edit: Turns out it was Paypal being annoying.

I got the founders pack...now where do I download the beta?

Ultimadrago gave me this link.

Tomat

Redownloading the TW version in hopes that I can somehow save my character data from there and port it over to this version @_@

Miragith

I have to say, I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. Tried a couple of different classes and I'm going to stick with Summoner.

Is there any way I can change the crosshair position? Couldn't find anything in the menu.

SDBurton

Redownloading the TW version in hopes that I can somehow save my character data from there and port it over to this version @_@

You can actually. I made my character on the JP version and it transferred over to the NA client with no issue whatsoever.

ppffftttt........my time in the Queue just goes up instead of down....lol

Once you log in contact me (Yuridaze) or Dahlia. One of us will gift you a Premium Membership so you won't be bothered by the queue next time. :)

Tomat

You can actually. I made my character on the JP version and it transferred over to the NA client with no issue whatsoever.

Good. I'm not sure I have it in me to go through the creator again. I lack the creative skill necessary for this thing!

SDBurton

Good. I'm not sure I have it in me to go through the creator again. I lack the creative skill necessary for this thing!

Haha I hear you. All the clients use the same folder when it comes to character saves, so you don't even have to worry about moving files. :D

Man... im in the 620's right now i got 38 minutes till i can be in a server. At least it isnt like before i had to leave though, i was going to be waiting 2 hours before.

Dead

well not really...yet
Bought a founders pack earlier today. Am I supposed to receive an email with the client download? I've only received confirmation of the purchase and that's it.

Tomat

c0d228f030.jpg

The world is not ready

Tomat

Still spent over an hour in the character creator even after importing my old character.

Might actually be ready in time for the next beta!

Kalentan

Quick impressions... of like little playing.

Good:

1. Runs really well on my laptop, even at max settings. Though at the very least the tutorial are does.2
2. Wow, it looks amazing!
3. The combat feels pretty good thus far.

Bad:
1. Oh my god, what is with this UI!? This game would have greatly benefited from a minimistic UI.

Aomber

I might have to give this a run at some point. Played the Chinese version a couple years ago with the English patch but there wasn't much of an English community. Really enjoyed the game so it's good to see it come to the West

Apparently there isn't too much in terms of high skill aiming like in Dragon Nest / Vindictus, seems more based on mind games, baiting moves, and spacing than raw execution.

Well that's good to hear then! I showed her a video of the game this evening and she was quite interested.

I take it we need to purchase a founders pack to get in on the beta? Or am I incorrect there?

K.Sabot

Well that's good to hear then! I showed her a video of the game this evening and she was quite interested.

I take it we need to purchase a founders pack to get in on the beta? Or am I incorrect there?

$25 founder minimum or you deal with the crap shoot that is giveaways / manual sign up invites.

ShinMaruku

I had the issue of the game freezing at every loadscreen so I am reinstalling it and hoping to see what is done there. Tomrrow I will be streaming Force Master and Assassin my two characters. I love their playstyles so much.

Tomat

Blade Master feels a little rough. Definitely not used to playing melee classes in this game.

You have to be way more precise in your timing as a melee class it seems.

Vex_

Banned
I had the issue of the game freezing at every loadscreen so I am reinstalling it and hoping to see what is done there. Tomrrow I will be streaming Force Master and Assassin my two characters. I love their playstyles so much.

Anyone else getting weird dark blue screen crashes after 2 hours of play?

Happens every time. Only game this happens with on my 980. Funny thing is, I can still hear the game, and apparently I can attack and move. I just can't SEE the game. I have to restart my computer every time it happens though. I can't even alt tab out. Maybe I should play windowed instead of full screen?

Upon doing my own research, I have found that Gameguard (which this game uses) can cause issues with certain PC configurations since it is a constant memory hog (it constantly attaches itself to processes ... Even those not related to the game).

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
This is not that Korean sandbox mmo? Forgot its name...right?
Also I have a beta key and no time to play because destiny/halo 5/FFXIV/my birthday

So the first person to Quote me gets it

Top Bottom