• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

Is there a limit for the number of skills you can use in combat?
If yes and the limit is around 8 or so then I think I can play with gamepad (just need to figure out how to re-assign the all the buttons, stupid cannot use the same key assignment prevent me from changing anything)

The limit is more than 8. You need 1 to 4, Z to V, Tab, F, Q, E, Left mouse(or R) and Right mouse(or T). You also need to tweak the setup based on the class you play due to animation cancelling, so you need certain skills available at the same time without R1/L1 swaps to cancel properly, so it sounds kinda annoying to setup. No idea how the gamepad support is for this either, but using Xpadder or similar you could probably make a fairly decent setup.

Vex_

Banned
The limit is more than 8. You need 1 to 4, Z to V, Tab, F, Q, E, Left mouse(or R) and Right mouse(or T). You also need to tweak the setup based on the class you play due to animation cancelling, so you need certain skills available at the same time without R1/L1 swaps to cancel properly, so it sounds kinda annoying to setup. No idea how the gamepad support is for this either, but using Xpadder or similar you could probably make a fairly decent setup.

GAMEPAD support is native. Xbox prompts included. No issues just plugging in and playing here. You can assign modifiers (up to two buttons) as well. They are called "function" commands (F1 and F2 is how they show up in game). This helps free up buttons for skills.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ugh you cant add costumes to the wardrobe unless you are premium, thats horseshit

anyway Assassin is my favorite class so far, followed by Destroyer. Gonna do Summoner now which actually seemed super fun early on shockingly enough

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
L56fT4F.png

That feel when you wake up and realize you have all day to play Blade & Soul. :)

Just wanted to thank everyone for migrating over to the Mushin server. I know waiting in the queue was a pain on Thursday and Friday, and the fact that you guys bit the bullet and dealt with it anyway so Ultimadrago and myself could provide anyone aid and get the clan up and running was super awesome. You guys rock! Looking forward to playing with you guys today until my door gets bodied by trick-or-treaters. :)

And thanks again ViciousDS for the mumble server, it is greatly appreciated and will be put to good use!

Got on Mushin, name is Tanyuu.

Great, will add you

Chariot

I am only half active this weekend because I gotta Nep, but the clans and characters persists through the various beta weekends, right?

Usobuko

Banned
meh, when does the prologue end? I am little tired atm, I will just log off and go back tmr. Sorry for the trouble, SDBurton.

Dozens of meaningless quests.

So another question. The people who are asking for keys, where are these keys actually being acquired from in the first place?

They gave away a bunch and Curse had a key giveaway also, but it's only for this weekend and keys are gone. You can get access to the beta weekends by buying a founder pack, and you can refund it at any point until name reservation(which is a few days before headstart), so there's no real need for a key unless you can't afford the 25$ temporary cost.

Lain

Tried a Kung Fu Master on Ikwhatever server and it was fun, though a bit confusing.

Now made a Blade Master on Mushin (Leamonde, in case I can get an invite) and it's just as confusing lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
draaaaaaaaaaaaago wheres my invs / premium thingie :(

on Lulianna right now!

Rhaknar

got Destroyer, Assassin, Summoner and Blade Master to 10 (actually 12 for Destroyer). Destroyer and Assassin are feuding for favorite class, Summoner was a nice surprise, and I dont really like Blade Master, maybe later it gets better.

I didnt like Force Master AT ALL, or Kung Fu Master. Still need to give Kung Fu another try tho.

Rhaknar

Weee more Assassins. I love Force Master and Blade Master blossom when you get the latter skills.

Hey man, blame the devs for making Assassin easily the most flashy class from 1 to 10 :p

Is there no way to end combat manually? It is quite annoying trying to run-by enemies and be forced into combat mode when you don't necessarily want to do combat. Makes traveling by foot a pain, which goes into my next thing, why isn't stamina unlimited in/around towns/villages?

Rhaknar

Is there no way to end combat manually? It is quite annoying trying to run-by enemies and be forced into combat mode when you don't necessarily want to do combat. Makes traveling by foot a pain, which goes into my next thing, why isn't stamina unlimited in/around towns/villages?

there is no way to not aggro mobs if you run near them, in any mmo that I can recall

and stamina should be unlimited everywhere, not just in towns, in my opinion

Rhaknar

Wait till you reach 25. But the Force and Sword Master who are flashy just like them. KFM is something else.

I prefer Destroyer for my grappling needs, again, at least up to 10ish

Vex_

Banned
So just like I thought, PvP is a beast. I restarted to try Kung fu master and holy shit the grapples.

You can mount them, and do all sorts of mean and disgusting things to them. The fighting gamer in me is already going around challenging people everywhere. Most people like to fight 1v1 to make it fair, but sometimes others will jump in and do dirty things to you.

I died in my first fight because I didnt know PvP was just 'on' like that when you wore the faction outfit (durp I know, I shouldve paid attention). Dude jumped me while I was in a menu and said "YOU MAD"? After that... I found him, and eliminated him.

...MAN! I had to chase people how bad I was wearin they asses out. >:D I had people going " I wasnt ready for it!" and screaming as I punched their faces in on the ground.

I just had a Double Ko where I think someone poisoned me after I ko'd them. We both laughed as it was a ridiculous way for me to die after I won.

EDIT: Oh and that leg sweep into combo. DAMN!

_woLf

Alina Tevos on Mushin. Could use an invite :D

I have a few questions.

1. If I spend coins now, will I get them back when the game actually launches?
2. I assume nothing from beta carries over, right?
3. Should I use any rewards I get from founders packs? Will I waste them by using them now, or will I get them again at launch?

Rhaknar

Alina Tevos on Mushin. Could use an invite :D

I have a few questions.

1. If I spend coins now, will I get them back when the game actually launches?
2. I assume nothing from beta carries over, right?
3. Should I use any rewards I get from founders packs? Will I waste them by using them now, or will I get them again at launch?

1 - yes
2 - no
3 - I assume like the coins youll get them again when it goes live

Ultimadrago

So just like I thought, PvP is a beast. I restarted to try Kung fu master and holy shit the grapples.

You can mount them, and do all sorts of mean and disgusting things to them. The fighting gamer in me is already going around challenging people everywhere. Most people like to fight 1v1 to make it fair, but sometimes others will jump in and do dirty things to you.

I died in my first fight because I didnt know PvP was just 'on' like that when you wore the faction outfit (durp I know, I shouldve paid attention). Dude jumped me while I was in a menu and said "YOU MAD"? After that... I found him, and eliminated him.

...MAN! I had to chase people how bad I was wearin they asses out. >:D I had people going " I wasnt ready for it!" and screaming as I punched their faces in on the ground.

I just had a Double Ko where I think someone poisoned me after I ko'd them. We both laughed as it was a ridiculous way for me to die after I won.

EDIT: Oh and that leg sweep into combo. DAMN!

Nice! Haha

SDBurton

Just a reminder for those trying to get in the clan: be sure to speak to the Crimson Legion leader in Bamboo Village and join their faction. Once you do I'll be able to send you an invite.

CMYqHyfWEAAoLps.jpg

You can find him at this location:

Azusa

I didn't expect that combat in MMO can be this fun. So great.

I have tried Bladedancer and Destroyer so far. I like destroyer race but it seems I will play as bladedancer fury. Destroyer is too slow for me, sadly.

Rurunaki

Hi guys, does anyone have a spare key for the game? I'm so interested in playing this, but I've been burned out on MMOs and would like to try it out first.

Quonny

Problem with all these action MMOs is that melee is infinitely more fun than ranged. It's true in this game, too. At least so far.

I want a ranged class that feels as fun. :(

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Problem with all these action MMOs is that melee is infinitely more fun than ranged. It's true in this game, too. At least so far.

I want a ranged class that feels as fun. :(
Gonna have to disagree there as I generally hate playing melee. Force Master isn't bad.

What we really need is Warlock to be released. Definitely try them whenever they come out.

thundr51

I played on the Russian server sometime earlier in the year and I'm really not into the PVP (don't like it on any game...except fighting games). Have they changed the mission structure to make PVP avoidable?

LegatoB

Gonna have to disagree there as I generally hate playing melee. Force Master isn't bad.

What we really need is Warlock to be released. Definitely try them whenever they come out.
I think some of the boss drop tables already include Warlock-exclusive items.

Good work, guys.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I think some of the boss drop tables already include Warlock-exclusive items.

Good work, guys.

Yeah they did a great job there. I'm hoping that whatever length of time they're staggering the Warlock release by is a short one.

Ultimadrago

I played on the Russian server sometime earlier in the year and I'm really not into the PVP (don't like it on any game...except fighting games). Have they changed the mission structure to make PVP avoidable?

I don't know how it was in the Russian version, but you have to wear certain outfits to engage in PvP at all (or enter the arena). So it's very easy to avoid.

SDBurton

The topic of animation cancelling came up in-game and I decided to post some videos detailing what that exactly is:

Animation Cancelling with the Destroyer

Animation Cancelling with the Destroyer II

Animation Cancelling with the Kung-Fu Master

As you can see in the videos you're basically spamming the skills that have an instant cast time to them (usually your main attack and another), which causes your character to attack insanely fast. Getting the timing and rhythm may take a bit at first but don't fret, it's not a technique that's necessary until end game content.

===================================

Also wanted to give a heads that later on this evening/night (after everyone is done Trick-or-Treating/Passing out candy) Ultimadrago and myself will be doing Blackram Narrows runs for those who are around the level 20 range so people can get their weapon evolution and spirit shield upgrades! If you're available feel free to join us!

aett

I keep thinking about that Yogi Berra quote: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

I've been making my test characters on Iksanun because I can always get in instantly, which is necessary to try out different classes and such. But I decided to try and stick with Destroyer for a while, so I made a new one on Mushin and I'm hit with an 85+ minute queue. Ah well, if I decide to stick with this game after launch, maybe I'll be able to playing with GAF people.

SDBurton

I keep thinking about that Yogi Berra quote: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

I've been making my test characters on Iksanun because I can always get in instantly, which is necessary to try out different classes and such. But I decided to try and stick with Destroyer for a while, so I made a new one on Mushin and I'm hit with an 85+ minute queue. Ah well, if I decide to stick with this game after launch, maybe I'll be able to playing with GAF people.

We've been giving Premium Memberships to people who come over to Mushin so they won't have to bother with the queue anymore. :)

Top Bottom