• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

aett

We've been giving Premium Memberships to people who come over to Mushin so they won't have to bother with the queue anymore. :)

Well that works too I guess

Not sure if I'll even have the time to sit through a queue tonight with the holiday and all. Just tried it again and it started at 20 minutes... then jumped up to 105. One day.

Athreous

Anyone have a beta key to share?

I'm trying to buy a founder's pack but my paypal doesnt work, it gives me an error =(

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm really debating playing this or not. If I did and thought I'd like it I would possibly drop down the money for the Master's pack.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Thought I read you can get a refund on your founder's pack up until the head start begins.

The game itself is pretty fun if you can find a class you like. The biggest problem I have with it is that you need a fucking masters in 3D modeling or something to get anything decent (for most races) out of the character creator. 60+ sliders and loads of other customization options. Not a bad thing necessarily, but so many opportunities for things to go oh so wrong.

If I purchase a Founder’s Pack and change my mind, can I get a refund?

Yes. You can request a refund of your purchase any time before the start of Character Name Reservation. For more information, click here.
https://shop.bladeandsoul.com/founders/list

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Thought I read you can get a refund on your founder's pack up until the head start begins.

The game itself is pretty fun if you can find a class you like. The biggest problem I have with it is that you need a fucking masters in 3D modeling or something to get anything decent (for most races) out of the character creator. 60+ sliders and loads of other customization options. Not a bad thing necessarily, but so many opportunities for things to go oh so wrong.

https://shop.bladeandsoul.com/founders/list

That's why I find the character creator to be so exciting. Just a few movements on a slider that you would think be pointless can change something from being 'meh' to 'amazing'. The comparison between the creations I made in the past compared to what I can do now are staggering. :lol

Tomat

It is an incredible character creation tool don't get me wrong. You can definitely make some great stuff with it.

there is no way to not aggro mobs if you run near them, in any mmo that I can recall

and stamina should be unlimited everywhere, not just in towns, in my opinion

I think Tree of Savior which is also in beta right now you can run by enemies with no penalty

Astra

Did my first Breakthrough. Took forever to get the required weapon, the wheel just would not give me what I needed. Finally managed, and maxed it out again. Looks like I gotta wait until level 20 before breaking through again.

tatsuki

Oh cool! Hang in there, we'll be here!

==========================

For those interested about character customization and how saving character templates work, check out this article for helpful info! :D

Yikes. I should have looked at this before I started my character. I'm assuming I can't go back and save one I've already started playing with? I'm not seeing an option anywhere.

Did my first Breakthrough. Took forever to get the required weapon, the wheel just would not give me what I needed. Finally managed, and maxed it out again. Looks like I gotta wait until level 20 before breaking through again.

I had the same problem. I ended up just buying the weapon that was being sold on the player market.

Tomat

Yikes. I should have looked at this before I started my character. I'm assuming I can't go back and save one I've already started playing with? I'm not seeing an option anywhere.
Take a picture in game with Print Screen and there should be a button that appears at the bottom of the screen. Open this and you'll see the option to save your character customization data.

ShinMaruku

So I had issues with the game freezing at loading screens, and I reinstalled it and most of my issues are fixed. Just right now dealing with controller settings and getting the flow down. I will certainly be ready for the next CBT with some suggestions and notes on what was improved.

tatsuki

Take a picture in game with Print Screen and there should be a button that appears at the bottom of the screen. Open this and you'll see the option to save your character customization data.

This worked thanks.
JWMKDbT.png
I need to fix a few things and start over. The Mushin queue seems to be good right now so it shouldn't be too bad.

Only in low levels, and depending on your level against the mob's. For instance I'm currently level 28 in a level 40 area and I aggro everything.

I see, its still better than what Blade and Soul has. It makes traveling cumbersome for no reason. Oh well I mentioned it in my feedback, maybe by some chance it will be addressed.

Anyway does anyone know how to get more unsealed charms?

SDBurton

I see, its still better than what Blade and Soul has. It makes traveling cumbersome for no reason. Oh well I mentioned it in my feedback, maybe by some chance it will be addressed.

Anyway does anyone know how to get more unsealed charms?

Aside from quest rewards, you can also get them from reward boxes, daily dashes, or vendors. Vendors sell them for 10 silver I believe, so you may have to go on the marketplace and see if people are selling them for cheaper.

my bandwidth cap would cry, 20 megabyte gifs in every thread these days burns enough holes in my pocket.

I understand, just giving you a heads up now that my main OT has a few of them so be ready! :D

Vex_

Banned
Isn't everything gonna be reset tomorrow (Nov 2nd)? Or do these chars get saved through all the beta weeks until official launch?

froliq

Latency for me have felt pretty meh so far playing from Europe. Maybe it's the big player load in the first zone currently since I've only done up to level 10 on 3 classes. Blade Master and Force Master were acceptable, but KFM is a no go for me. It's probably not so bad when sticking to PvE. Will have to try EU servers next beta weekend.

Still pleasantly surprised about the game, however I've had some bad framerate drops and that on my somewhat high spec system.

Vex_

Banned
Latency for me have felt pretty meh so far playing from Europe. Maybe it's the big player load in the first zone currently since I've only done up to level 10 on 3 classes. Blade Master and Force Master were acceptable, but KFM is a no go for me. It's probably not so bad when sticking to PvE. Will have to try EU servers next beta weekend.

Still pleasantly surprised about the game, however I've had some bad framerate drops and that on my somewhat high spec system.

I'm from us and yea.. You feel the lag with KFM the most. I think it is due to how technical the class is.

Sometimes my ground and pound doesn't register when I am mounted on someone. My character will just freeze in place. Other times I go for a leg sweep and it either doesn't come out, or it somehow gets 'used' without me knowing. Then I have to just sit there waiting for the cool down on it with a big question mark over my head.

Probably will get sorted by launch.... Maybe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool these elites / bosses at around level 14 are starting to get actually chalenging. Or maybe its because its supposed to be done in a group, I dunno

SDBurton

How do you even earn money in this game? Teleport cost 6 copper and I barely have enough.

In the initial starting areas you rarely get money from quest rewards so I would suggest selling any soul shield pieces / misc items you come across.

Vex_

Banned
Anyone know how to use the dragon trade pouches? I need to expand my inventory and it isn't working. Bugged?

soloscout

Neo Member
Anyone know how to use the dragon trade pouches? I need to expand my inventory and it isn't working. Bugged?
When you hover over the bars blocking extra inventory space it will show you the cost to expand. The first is only 1 copper. The second is 4-5 or so dragon trade pouches. So you don't right click the pouches and they expand your space, they are their own currency to buy more space. The third space unlock I think is 8 dragon pouches.

Vex_

Banned
When you hover over the bars blocking extra inventory space it will show you the cost to expand. The first is only 1 copper. The second is 4-5 or so dragon trade pouches. So you don't right click the pouches and they expand your space, they are their own currency to buy more space. The third space unlock I think is 8 dragon pouches.

Thanks dude!!! appreciate it!.

also, just made my first +7s they glow now o.o? I held on to the starting weapon like you guys sad to. Seems to be paying off.

How do you even earn money in this game? Teleport cost 6 copper and I barely have enough.

Early level you don't unless you have premium, which I guess is to limit the impact of bots. As you level up you'll get more and more(and if you have premium you get decent money the whole time so you can afford teleports and stuff). Just keep playing, and don't teleport unless it's a really long distance. In the first act, the only time this happens is at the very end after the dungeon area since you have to go back to the first town, but that costs like 25coppers or something and by that point you should have enough.

Do note that if you're in a dungeon pretty far and there's no teleport out(big swirly purple floating orb), you can use the Escape mechanic which is basically /stuck to bring you back to the entrance, saving you a decent amount of time. If it's on cd(20mins), then join the arena or dungeon lobby, then leave and it'll put you back at the entrance(good for resetting dungeons if you're grinding).

ShinMaruku

also, just made my first +7s they glow now o.o? I held on to the starting weapon like you guys sad to. Seems to be paying off.

Hongmoon weapons are the strongest in the game after updating. You should always hold on to it. It also has great perks.

SDBurton

Yeah it does! Keep sacrificing weapons/materials to it and leveling it up and you'll keep wrecking face.

How are drops determined when you fight field boss?
So far it seems as long as I participate in the fight (don't need to be the one starting the fight), I will be guaranteed to get a drop. Is this true?

How are drops determined when you fight field boss?
So far it seems as long as I participate in the fight (don't need to be the one starting the fight), I will be guaranteed to get a drop. Is this true?

Yes everyone gets the stuff everytime. If it's tokens to play the wheel, you get a random amount, like 2-5 per kill or so. Only time you don't get loot is if you don't do enough damage, but the treshold is low, like as long as you don't get there when the boss is at 3% and hit it once, you'll get the loot. They respawn every minute or whatever so no real reason to make the loot complicated.

They gave away a bunch and Curse had a key giveaway also, but it's only for this weekend and keys are gone. You can get access to the beta weekends by buying a founder pack, and you can refund it at any point until name reservation(which is a few days before headstart), so there's no real need for a key unless you can't afford the 25$ temporary cost.

Thanks for the reply!

Can't wait for the full game to be released :)

Vex_

Banned
Sick. Just got some new ideas from the secret training room. Kung fu master.

Off of Counter into Iron shoulder, (knock back/daze state) follow up with Guiding fist(they are bleeding at this point), then power drop.

If they are still alive: leg sweep, then grapple and headbutt/pummel.

Or,

If they are still alive Comet strike.

You should have just enough meter.

SDBurton

Sick. Just got some new ideas from the secret training room. Kung fu master.

Off of Counter into Iron shoulder, (knock back/daze state) follow up with Guiding fist(they are bleeding at this point), then power drop.

If they are still alive: leg sweep, then grapple and headbutt/pummel.

Or,

If they are still alive Comet strike.

You should have just enough meter.

Yeah Kung-Fu Masters have so many skills that can combo with one another it's insane. Creating setups with other classes is exciting as hell.

=========================================

If there's one gripe I have with the character creator, its the lack of a muscle slider. Sure I can make my girl's arms and legs thicker, but I would love to add definition to them, not to mention give her a killer 6 pack. Muscle slider when NCSoft?!

Top Bottom