• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

Just a heads up, there's going to be a livestream at 2:45 AM tomorrow broadcasting the 2015 World Championship. I would definitely recommend checking it out to see some intense high level play from some of the best players in the world.

You can watch it on their Blade & Soul Twitch channel.

You can find the first few rounds with original commentary on https://www.youtube.com/user/plaync/videos (go down a bit). The actual on screen stuff is in english too so you don't need to guess the skills and stuff, though they're on a different version, with different max levels and hongmoon skills so not everything is useful for our version.

Warlocks look kinda broken, they're not unbeatable but their burst and healing output seems definitely dumb. Luckily one of them got knocked out early but I think the other is still in.

Interesting part is for RO16, they had very balanced classes. It was 2 of everything other than 3 Blade Dancers and 1 KFM. Tomorrow is semi finals and saturday is the finals.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
You can find the first few rounds with original commentary on https://www.youtube.com/user/plaync/videos (go down a bit). The actual on screen stuff is in english too so you don't need to guess the skills and stuff, though they're on a different version, with different max levels and hongmoon skills so not everything is useful for our version.

Warlocks look kinda broken, they're not unbeatable but their burst and healing output seems definitely dumb. Luckily one of them got knocked out early but I think the other is still in.

Interesting part is for RO16, they had very balanced classes. It was 2 of everything other than 3 Blade Dancers and 1 KFM. Tomorrow is semi finals and saturday is the finals.

Yeah, people feel that Warlocks are pretty OP at the moment so I'm expecting them to get some nerfs soon. It's awesome to see 2 force masters in the semi-finals since the general consensus on them is that they're low tier in PvP.

SDBurton

Thanks again to the people letting us know about the beta key giveaways. For those that are joining us this CBT weekend post your character's name here so we can invite you to the GAF clan. Be sure to join the Crimson Legion faction first!

tatsuki

I hope I luck out and get a key from participating in the previous cbt. I'm not really sure if those would have went out already though.

Chariot

Hups. The key I had was only for CBT 1 it seems and I wasn't choosen for CBT 2. Gnard. Need to be on my toes next beta.

Chariot

Thanks to SDBurton I can join this beta too, thanks sweet Burton. Currently on EU, but I'll choose NA after launch, since the connection is just the same as in CBT1.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I guess beta weekend 1 doesnt automatically get in on this one huh? bummer :/

oh well, back to fallout :(

Anyone have a link to the launcher? I can't seem to find it. I installed the NC launcher and it does nothing, can't find any install for the b&s launcher. The gamespot link is just plain text :/

Usobuko

Banned
I bought the founder pack so I guess I got to play a little longer.

To be honest, I don't know if I should stick to this or Trees of Saviour. The beginning quest and story for B&S just doesn't gripe me but I generally prefer 3D action combat system.

So I think I like it enough to go in on a Founders Pack, but since progress is going to be wiped, I probably won't play too much. How is group content for those that have done it? Anyone that has played the Asian release care to comment on the end game?

Pejo

So between work and other stuff, I finally just got to try this game.

Starter with Destroyer, but it didn't feel like a good fit, so I made a 2nd character and tried assassin, oh man, so good. This is exactly the type of game I had hoped it would be, combat is fun, quests are standard MMO fare, but the story is pretty interesting.

The most enjoyable part for me though has been the faction PVP. It feels SO GOOD to be alive in a world with PVP again, reminds me of my old PVP server days in WoW. I think a lot of people are currently wearing the costumes because they look cool, not realizing it opens them up to be attacked by the other faction. Regardless, I've had some really fun battles.

I'm still super new to this, but I can't wait to put some more time into the game.

Vex_

Banned
Since I already know I'll be playing this game thoroughly when it drops with KFM and destroyer, I figured Id try out FM.

...I now know what class I'm not playing at launch.

Gonna try out ASS and BM next...

SDBurton

New trailer just came out showing some huge content updates that will be coming out next month for the Korean version of Blade & Soul. New story content, locations, dungeons, and most importantly the official reveal of the 9th class that is a hybrid of the Kung-Fu Master and Force Master are shown.

People are calling them Kung Force Masters / Force Kung-Fu Masters. I prefer if they called them Tai-chi Masters as their movements are so damn fluid. Anyway, check it out!

Hyyyyyyyyype!

SDBurton

thanks a bunch, took me a while to find the download link. I will be joining you presently :)

edit: Ok, so the game is quite big (12 gigs almost) so I will be playing tomorrow. What do I have to do to join the GAF guild?

Once you have completed the initial prologue find the leader of the Crimson Legion in Bamboo Village. Speak to him to join his faction (may have to spam the join button a couple times before you get in) and then I'll be able to send you a clan invite afterwards. Post your character name here when you have the chance so I can send you a friend request too. :)

mcz117chief

Once you have completed the initial prologue find the leader of the Crimson Legion in Bamboo Village. Speak to him to join his faction (may have to spam the join button a couple times before you get in) and then I'll be able to send you a clan invite afterwards. Post your character name here when you have the chance so I can send you a friend request too. :)

roger wilco

_woLf

Does anyone know if this is going to be on Steam when it's officially released?

Given Lineage and Aion's presence I would assume so, but I wasn't sure if there was any confirmation.

Khilandros

Does anyone know if this is going to be on Steam when it's officially released?

Given Lineage and Aion's presence I would assume so, but I wasn't sure if there was any confirmation.

Wildstar is in steamdb and I believe planned for steam end of this year or January, so I don't see why this wouldn't be eventually.

I hope this does happen.

mcz117chief

Damn, I am really bummed out that there are a lot of pretty basic character creation features missing, specifically the option of being bald and having a long goatee. I wanted to make a Lo Wang character, but I just couldn't find the necessary options :(

Am I really asking so much when I want to play as this awesome guy? It would fit into the game so well too :((((
3000958.gif

edit: I noticed that Gon can be bald but they a) don't have blade master and b) are too big and robust, not really like good old Wang.

Pejo

How are you guys getting any amount of money in this Beta? I have never encountered an MMO where I can't even afford the damn weapon repair items. Everything I get seems to sell for 1 copper, and quests are still giving out like 10 copper every 3-4 quests. This is very strange to me, whereas other MMOs at least give you the money to buy potions/repair stuff just by killing enemies. Is there something I'm missing?

SDBurton

How are you guys getting any amount of money in this Beta? I have never encountered an MMO where I can't even afford the damn weapon repair items. Everything I get seems to sell for 1 copper, and quests are still giving out like 10 copper every 3-4 quests. This is very strange to me, whereas other MMOs at least give you the money to buy potions/repair stuff just by killing enemies. Is there something I'm missing?

Getting income at the start of the game is indeed a little slow but it does pick up later on, especially when you're doing dungeon runs with others and people are bidding like crazy for items. If you're at level 20 or so I would recommend doing dungeon runs as you'll get money really quick. Is your character on Mushin?

Pejo

Getting income at the start of the game is indeed a little slow but it does pick up later on, especially when you're doing dungeon runs with others and people are bidding like crazy for items. If you're at level 20 or so I would recommend doing dungeon runs as you'll get money really quick. Is your character on Mushin?

Yep, I'm on mushin, but I accidentally picked cerulean instead of Crimson legion. Is there a way to change? At any rate I guess I'll keep going until I hit 20 then, thanks for the info!

SDBurton

Yep, I'm on mushin, but I accidentally picked cerulean instead of Crimson legion. Is there a way to change? At any rate I guess I'll keep going until I hit 20 then, thanks for the info!

Yeah at Jadestone Village there's a guy you can talk to to switch factions.

Chariot

While I didn't get much money at the start, I also didn't need really need it. Quests just shat out potions, dumblings, keys and repair tools, never had to buy anything. Do dailies, open chests and you going to wish for less potions while you wait for a key. As SDBurton says, it picks up on the last areas of the Veridian coast so you get money to bid un the Blackram Narrows.

ShinMaruku

My main issues with the game has been ironed out in the midweek patch. Oh yeah here are better pics of Slifuria and Valeeria:

Valeeria:
lgqCwRO.jpg

Silfuria:
3FtXwcv.jpg

ShinMaruku

I used to get disconnect every loading screen, and I also had very long loading times. I did some changes in display and then this saturday build came up and I am sitting at 35-50 framerate. Loading is a bit sluggish but it's worlds better than my first outing. Now that it works I'll e ready to take up the guild role. :)

SDBurton

Just a reminder! Next CBT begins on Tuesday the 24th @ 10:00 AM and ends on Monday the 30th at 10:00 PM. Full week testing hype!

Top Bottom