• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

DrAg0nBoY

I would love to buy myself a founder pack just for the headstart but now, that I have no job, that's pretty hard :/.

Well it seems like I will have to wait till the 19th.

Kitoro

Costumes are account bound, so for all.

The weapon skin is character bound, so just one.

Should I use my weapon skin on my desired character at the start, do I have to wait to get the Hongmoon weapon first? That never gets replaced, right? I'm worried about wasting it on a low level weapon and never seeing the skin again. Tell me it stays character bound and can be applied to any weapon my character has?

Manac0r

Pinched:

Current population players

Mushin 50.46%
Jiwan 10.52%
Poharan 9.27%
Old Man Cho 7.09%
Master Hong 6.21%
Soha 4.80%
Yehara 3.91%
Iksanun 3.63%
Hajoon 2.30%
Juwol 1.81

So expect long ques on Mushin even with premium accounts. But I'd rather face long ques than an empty server.

dragn

first it wasnt so sure about playing bladedancer, but meh thank god for outfits

basu5o6d.png

Loginius

EU Server Population:

Windrest 31.15%
[DE] Frostgipfel 18.87%
[FR] Dokumo 10.55%
Starfall Crater 8.18%
Ebon Hall 6.95%
Wild Springs 5.49%
[DE] Bambusdorf 4.54%
[DE] Windweide 3.97%
Cardinal Gates 3.38%
Hao District 2.89%
[FR] Ogong 2.89%
[FR] Hogdonny 1.14%

I actually created my character on Ebon Hall to avoid waiting but if possible Im going to switch to Windrest once the server go live. Does not seem so bad and I really want to play with GAF this time :D
Not really worried about my name either its never taken anyway.

I bought the Initiate Pack just to play this weekend since I'll likely be swamped with work and school after. I'm planning to play quite a bit this weekend, hope it isn't too hectic in the game. I guess it's not worth going to another server for lower queue times and less people to share mobs with?

Yam's

I guess it's not worth going to another server for lower queue times and less people to share mobs with?

I created my character on Hogdonny for this reason as I didn't like to compete for mobs even with 3 players around on the TW version, but I may regret it later. 1.14% is very low, however dungeons and pvp are inter-servers so I don't know... On one hand I don't wanna see tons of players on the same mobs (even if they seem to repop quite fast from what I saw) or at the same gathering spots (not sure if they're claimable or not), but if it's a ghost server I may regret it once I hit max level.

Reszo

Pinched:

Mushin 50.46%
Jiwan 10.52%
Poharan 9.27%
Old Man Cho 7.09%
Master Hong 6.21%
Soha 4.80%
Yehara 3.91%
Iksanun 3.63%
Hajoon 2.30%
Juwol 1.81

So expect long ques on Mushin even with premium accounts. But I'd rather face long ques than an empty server.

I might just go to Jiwan instead of Mushin. I dont really want to fight over mobs, was a nightmare in the CN version lol. I'll make the same character on both and see what happens.

FiraB

Banned
I might just go to Jiwan instead of Mushin. I dont really want to fight over mobs, was a nightmare in the CN version lol. I'll make the same character on both and see what happens.

Jiwan is the unofffcial aussie server as well, so it shouldn't be to bad if you roll there.

ShinMaruku

That whole piling into one server is really one thing I don't like 50% on one server is something insane, you are going to make people destroy themselves.

Baalzebup

EU - Windrest - Crimson Legion
U.S Mushin - Cerulean Order

Rolling on both for the weekend and see how things pan out.

To EU GAF- worth setting up a list of members and character names until we get something more official? At least we can contact/recognise in game and would make it easier for anyone planning on running the guild? Just quote and edit in your GAFname/character/class to this post.

Manac0r - Mana Kibagami - Blade Master
Baalzebup - Dienina - Blade Master and - Lightsong- Force Master

I'll be spending more time on the former, but I will be playing the force master pretty actively as well.

Pinched:

Mushin 50.46%
Jiwan 10.52%
Poharan 9.27%
Old Man Cho 7.09%
Master Hong 6.21%
Soha 4.80%
Yehara 3.91%
Iksanun 3.63%
Hajoon 2.30%
Juwol 1.81

I can only play at night when there are like 1 million other players trying to login the game. This will be crazy :/

Quonny

Gah. I was gonna try playing next week but I think I'll just wait a few months and see if the game's still alive and worth playing. It's not worth sitting in queues for a game that won't have legs.

Muddimar

I'm thinking of selecting the Jiwan server for now and maybe transferring later to Mushin? I really don't have time to wait around in a queue... my game playing time can be really limited sometimes.

Won't be on until after work.

Still contemplating on what class I want to roll with. I'm juggling between KFM, Assassin and Destroyer. Though I want my main to be a Gon so that narrows it to KFM or Destroyer. Will have to give it some thought during the day.

Muddimar

Won't be on until after work.

Still contemplating on what class I want to roll with. I'm juggling between KFM, Assassin and Destroyer. Though I want my main to be a Gon so that narrows it to KFM or Destroyer. Will have to give it some thought during the day.

I was almost sold on KFM, then watched the assassin video. The thought of my friend and I rolling around as dual assassins, seemed very appealing (from a PvP perspective).

Lord Phol

Hopefully going to give this a try this weekend, but with both a new Diablo 3 Season and Dragons Dogma releasing today as well it's going to be hard to fit everything in :eek:. Not to mention that I'm supposed to spend less time at the PC as agreed upon with the GF >>.

Btw I read that the open world PvP is only for people wearing specific faction clothes. Does that happen alot in the beta and korean verson? I really love open world random pvp.

Astra

Was tempted to buy a Founder's Pack, but with the current exchange rate, fuck that.
I can wait until the 19th, or even longer.

Razzorn34

I was almost sold on KFM, then watched the assassin video. The thought of my friend and I rolling around as dual assassins, seemed very appealing (from a PvP perspective).

It's not really talked about much, but KFM and BM are actually tanks in group play. So, something to keep in mind.

Yaqoub

Sorry if this has been asked before (and I skimmed the first page of the OT) which server is EU GAF settling in? I would love to play with you guys.

Man, this work day cannot go fast enough. When I get home, I'm gonna play for the first 12 hours. I'm curious as to how faster you level up with Premium now.

But Unknown-kun, why are you so tsun?

jDqXdDA.jpg

How can you say no to that?

She's got a big forehead under that hair.

arimanius

Broke down and just bought the Initiate pack since I have a 3 day weekend. Hopefully it's not to late to get into the head start.

Kudo

Sorry if this has been asked before (and I skimmed the first page of the OT) which server is EU GAF settling in? I would love to play with you guys.

Windrest/Crimson Legion, if anyone has any suggestions for the EU Clan name, could hear those. Once someone gets the clan going should be easier to spot fellow Gaffers and join, if the clan is not established before Tuesday release I'll look into it myself but I assume there'll be some people playing with head start?

Only suggestions for name I have are Bloodborne-themed cause I have unhealthy relationship to that game, "Undone by Blood", "Vilebloods", etc. Maybe someone can think of something better.

Kitoro

If Mushin does get too crazy at Launch, how difficult and/or costly is it to switch to a quieter server for the first couple weeks, then switch back?

Does the game have instanced zonds to deal with this, though? Because that would fix the problem.

Loginius

Why does it suck?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ
Jackys fights arent event the best there is when you are looking for pure action but the video explains the difference between the western and eastern approach to martial art fight scenes really well (1:58 to 6:30, the main point of the video is something else obviously)
If Mushin does get too crazy at Launch, how difficult and/or costly is it to switch to a quieter server for the first couple weeks, then switch back?

Does the game have instanced zonds to deal with this, though? Because that would fix the problem.

I dont think there is a option to switch servers at launch, I could be mistaken though.

Hubb

I believe the game has channels so zones shouldn't be too mobbed if you jump around enough.

Before the hell breaks loose, here a small tip from me that might be handy for people with dynamic IP addresses. It's actually possible to bypass the NCSoft Launcher login and start the game directly. You then can login in-game without the annoying email verification.

To do this go into the "bin" folder inside your Blade & Soul installation directory and make a new text-file with any name and with these contents:

For connecting to EU servers:
Code:
start client.exe /launchbylauncher /sesskey /CompanyID: "12" /ChannelGroupIndex: "-1" /LoginMode 2 -lang:English -region:1

For connecting to US servers:
Code:
start client.exe /launchbylauncher /sesskey /CompanyID: "12" /ChannelGroupIndex: "-1" /LoginMode 2 -lang:English -region:0

and rename the extension of the text-file from .txt to .bat

Now simply double-click the file and the game will be started without the launcher taking you directly to the ingame login-screen.

Keep in mind though that you also bypass the updating step this way so you won't be able to connect when a new update was released, I would say launch via the actual launcher every 5-7 days to make sure you catch the updates.

Also I haven't tried this myself yet but I think you should be able to replace "English" with "German" or "French" to set the language aswell.

Top Bottom