• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Razzorn34

110-112 (I'm from France), i really want to play with US-GAF but i don't think 110ms is good enough if i want to PVP a lot.

Having played all of the other versions of this, I can tell you that this game is very reliant on ping. You can still do it, but you'll want to stick with classes a little more ping friendly like Destroyer or Force Master. Don't even try to play a KFM with a high ping.

B00TE

Broke down and got one of the packs this morning. Only thing I didn't like from the beta was questing, but I loved the combat.

Manac0r

lJ1ZCWk.gif

My man.

Also, I've asked this before but any other people from EU or everyone here NA?

EU here... slightly concerned about Ping...

DrAg0nBoY

EU player here also. I don't know I will see if I try to play it on NA servers. I am not really that into PvP anyways.

But if there are many EU players and we get a EU guild I will play on EU servers.

Any impressions on the controller support? (Xbox 360 controller to be specific)

I've never gotten big into MMO-type games, and controller support is one reason. I don't mind doing menus and such with KB+M similar to Warframe, but I prefer most in-game actions to be accessible on the controller.

Gizuko

Man, I played in the TW and JP servers for a while and am stocked this is finally coming to EU.

Is it known how the daily roulette will be handled though? I remember TW and JP having similar systems but TW handed out freebies while JP handed out dragon points or whatever they were called.

Having played all of the other versions of this, I can tell you that this game is very reliant on ping. You can still do it, but you'll want to stick with classes a little more ping friendly like Destroyer or Force Master. Don't even try to play a KFM with a high ping.

Thank you for your input Razzorn

So yeah, i'll play on EU (Windrest), and maybe later i'll try a Destroyer on US :eek:

Hope i'll meet some Gaffers.

Just bought the disciple pack. Guess I'll be playing tomorrow when I get of work.

edit: No borderless windowed function in this game?

The "Fullscreen" mode is actually Borderless Windowed. To get Exclusive Fullscreen, which is not a menu selectable option, you have to use Alt-Enter but since this game uses Alt as a command key you need to be fast and hit Alt and then Enter together quickly to make it work. I just programmed a macro in my G13 to do this LOL

Vamphuntr

Sorry if it has been asked before but how does it compare to FFXIV? Enjoyed that game for what it was but the endgame got the better of my patience.

Kudo

EU here... slightly concerned about Ping...

EU player here also. I don't know I will see if I try to play it on NA servers. I am not really that into PvP anyways.

But if there are many EU players and we get a EU guild I will play on EU servers.

I'm also from the EU, and will definitely be playing on EU servers, since I can't stand high pings.

This game is ping dependent, if you're EU you might want to play on EU servers.

Ok, with this I think we should try to get a clan going on EU servers too.
I'm new so can't really make it but if someone mans up to the job then post here the infos. All I know is that I'm probably going for Windrest and Crimson Legion.

I have two serial codes to apply to my account. One for the disciple pack and for the upgrade to masters, but every time I try to apply them, I get an "unexpected error" message. I was able to apply my serial for the disciple pack just fine when the CBT was going on, but now I'm confused as to why it's showing up again. They're dated for January 15, so do I have to wait until then or is something wrong on my end?

Ok, with this I think we should try to get a clan going on EU servers too.
I'm new so can't really make it but if someone mans up to the job then post here the infos. All I know is that I'm probably going for Windrest and Crimson Legion.

Windrest and Crimson Legion for me as well.

So I have purchased the founder pack and I went into my account to apply it to my game and it keeps coming back as an error? Any solutions?

Manac0r

You can't apply any codes to your account until headstart launches. Soon my friends...soon....

I too will also roll on Windrest.

Would be awesome if I could use my appearance alteration voucher tonight. Even so I still may try to create my main character tonight (while hoping my name isn't sniped lol).

Hubb

Would be awesome if I could use my appearance alteration voucher tonight. Even so I still may try to create my main character tonight (while hoping my name isn't sniped lol).

Pretty sure they closed down the servers to get them ready. I don't think you can log on and create/alter appearances right now and probably won't be able to until launch.

Zand

Neo Member
Pretty sure they closed down the servers to get them ready. I don't think you can log on and create/alter appearances right now and probably won't be able to until launch.

Yep, servers are down until Headstarts tomorrow. NCWest had a stream this afternoon where they showed off Blackram Supply (Poharan dungeon), but they also let us know about the cost of Premium:

1 month = $12 (959 NCoin; earn 9,590 rank points)
3 month = $11.66/mnth (2,799 NCoin; earn 27,990 rank points)
Year = $10.42/mnth (9999 NCoin; earn 99,990 rank points + costume)

They also have 2 start packs that give some useful items, along with a 7-day or 30-day premium sub:

Student Bundle: 399 NCoin (not sure how much that is in $, but cheap)
- gives 7 days of premium status, sunglasses, 3 dragon pouches, repair hammers, talismans.

Duelist Bundle: 2,699 NCoin
- Training certificate (gives second skill page), 2 Cinderland Keys, 2 Viridian Keys, Dragon Soups.

Not that bad. No idea what the costume is that you get with the 1 Year sub.

Edit: Also, it seems that Yun get a new running animation, if I heard Babbletron correctly, and it appeared to be exactly like the Jin running animation. Hope I'm wrong.

Hubb

Duelist Bundle: 2,699 NCoin
- Training certificate (gives second skill page), 2 Cinderland Keys, 2 Viridian Keys, Dragon Soups.

Thanks for the info.

For people who have played, how good a deal is this? I've seen people say a 2nd skill page is worthwhile buying but I don't know how much that costs by itself. I also have no idea what the value of the keys are/how many Dragon soups are in this package.

Hubb

Welp.

Head Start it is then!

You and me both, I made the mistake of looking at some presets from the Korean websites and now I have to redo a few things. I can't seem to ever make a mouth that doesn't look horrible so I want to have another go at it.

Zand

Neo Member
Thanks for the info.

For people who have played, how good a deal is this? I've seen people say a 2nd skill page is worthwhile buying but I don't know how much that costs by itself. I also have no idea what the value of the keys are/how many Dragon soups are in this package.

Buying those items separately would cost a little bit more, maybe 100 NCoin at most, so getting all together in this bundle isn't that great.

The Keys are nice, since they allow you to get your class weapon from the loot box, lets you bypass RNG. The Training expansion is nice, since it would allow you to have a different skill(talents) setup..like one for PvE and one for PvP. The soups are really blah, they give 100% xp and 10% Hp for 30min (stays if you die).

Think I would just buy the items as I needed.

Edit: Oh, someone made a video showing off the NA / EU costumes:

NA - Regium Corvus

EU - Night Luna

NA wins that contest...too many white lines on the EU outfit.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Pretty pumped for Headstart tomorrow, but just wanted to give everyone a reminder that the server we're on is very popular, so expect queue times if you log on during the aftenoon/evening. Here's hoping with queue priority the wait will be drastically reduced, but nonetheless be prepared!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Pretty pumped for Headstart tomorrow, but just wanted to give everyone a reminder that the server we're on is very popular, so expect queue times if you log on during the aftenoon/evening. Here's hoping with queue priority the wait will be drastically reduced, but nonetheless be prepared!

Will be spamming at the time of open. =P

I'm pretty excited for this. I won't be going Kung Fu Master though. I hate, hate, hate, hate how the weapons look. T-T

zugzug

Babbletr0n on twitter says to expect a queue on Mushin server. you guys ready for that?
I saw Burton's post on why picking that server, and I agree. I'm hoping the queue isn't to bad, but it will be at release.

Reszo

Trying to determine if I should buy the initiate found pack and get early access or just save that money for costumes.

Top Bottom