• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Kitoro

I have a bunch of friends interested in trying the game as F2P players on the 19th.. Pretty sure they're going to quit or choose different servers when they see the queues. -_-

Pangur

Neo Member
Could we not pick the most populated server? I just bought the premium 30 day and still can't login lol, will probably have to queue on launch day as a premium member.

Kitoro

Could we not pick the most populated server? I just bought the premium 30 day and still can't login lol, will probably have to queue on launch day as a premium member.

Really wish they had an easy way to switch servers on the fly. They've already got the whole one unique name per region down, which should make things pretty painless.

I'm already a few hours in and redeemed my weapon skin on my main on Mushin. I ain't going anywhere...

Paprikka

So anyone happen to know if you get kicked off if you're afk for too long, or are we gonna have another situation like FF14 launch where everyone stays logged in 24/7?

At position 1491 myself and it's actually going up even with a master's pack, my heart goes out to anyone trying to get in without premium.

Kyne

lol.. if you think the queue times are bad now imagine what it'll be when this game unlocks on Tuesday.

I'm picking a different server. Sorry GAF.

Sugarmonkey

As someone that has played almost all MMO's out there, and looking for something new that I might find fun for a bit, can anyone tell me if this is just another quest hub, "theme park" mmo? I loved the combat in TERA but found the game at launch to be thin and generic. If the combat is awesome, and it is better than "go to quest hub A, get 10 quests to kill X 10 times, then go to quest hub B, etc, etc" I would love to know!

Was gone for around an hour, came back and my queue time jumped to 99 minutes. Broke down and upgraded to Disciple....

Do I have to do anything special to get the premium membership benefits or is it applied automatically?

Chariot

I understand that they want to sell premium, but these endless queue times are ridiculous. I am queuing for 2 hours now after the cutscene bug got me and it's still wildly going around between 30 and 90 minutes.

edit: I am not even in the ridiculous queue of Mushin, I am in Windrest, EU.

Hubb

Was gone for around an hour, came back and my queue time jumped to 99 minutes. Broke down and upgraded to Disciple....

Do I have to do anything special to get the premium membership benefits or is it applied automatically?

If I bought the Founder pack, is the premium automatically activated?

I believe you need to apply it yo your account, unless it has changed since before headstart.

NCsoft site > My account > Settings > Apply a code > Unused Codes > Blade and Soul > Should see an apply button there.

At position 1491 myself and it's actually going up even with a master's pack, my heart goes out to anyone trying to get in without premium.

Are you talking about the position number or the time? The number is not your position, but telling you how many other people are waiting too. I have no idea why it is like that, but that is the case.

Razzorn34

I understand that they want to sell premium, but these endless queue times are ridiculous. I am queuing for 2 hours now after the cutscene bug got me and it's still wildly going around between 30 and 90 minutes.

edit: I am not even in the ridiculous queue of Mushin, I am in Windrest, EU.

Welcome to launch day of... any MMO. I'm sure it isn't any fun being in queue. But, going in with your expectations to be anything but this...?

Paprikka

If I bought the Founder pack, is the premium automatically activated?

You'll want to make sure it's applied by going to your NCSOFT account page > apply a code > blade and soul tab under unused codes and click apply code if you have one listed there.

Also once you have premium activated there is an hourglass in the upper right hand corner on character select that you can click to see how much longer your current membership lasts.

Are you talking about the position number or the time? The number is not your position, but telling you how many other people are waiting too. I have no idea why it is like that, but that is the case.

Oh, duh, I need to read better. Was wondering if they were just being kind to dc'd people or something.

Edit: Nevermind...

You'll want to make sure it's applied by going to your NCSOFT account page > apply a code > blade and soul tab under unused codes and click apply code if you have one listed there.

Also once you have premium activated there is an hourglass in the upper right hand corner on character select that you can click to see how much longer your current membership lasts.

Thanks!!

Kitoro

Welcome to launch day of... any MMO. I'm sure it isn't any fun being in queue. But, going in with your expectations to be anything but this...?

In my experience in MMO launches, there isn't usually one single server that over half the entire player base selects over all others, haha.

Kitoro

Any advice on how to break the limit on my level 6 Hongmoon weapon? It's telling me I need to get something from the Everdust Stalker Jiangshi Wheel of Fate, and I've spun numerous times, and not sure what I'm looking out for. I have a bunch of sealed boxes; accidentally opened a couple and got unrelated things. I hope I didn't waste my two special Master's Pack keys... :S

Razzorn34

In my experience in MMO launches, there isn't usually one single server that over half the entire player base selects over all others, haha.

Every big MMO release in the US has been this way. All of the big guilds coordinate and pile into 1-3 servers. It's even worse for PvP centric games as all of the prime guilds want to be on the main server. It'll never change.

Chariot

Maybe. But what kind of queue fluctuates that much? It isn't even going up and down with the premium queues. One would think when queuing up one would move forward in the queue in some way.

Damn, my client encountered an error and closed out.

On the brightside I beat the character creator boss for Dragon's Dogma for my pawn and I.

Hubb

Maybe. But what kind of queue fluctuates that much? It isn't even going up and down with the premium queues. One would think when queuing up one would move forward in the queue in some way.

The number going up doesn't represent your place in line, but how many people are in line.

Chariot

The number going up doesn't represent your place in line, but how many people are in line.
The estimate wait time should show me how long I wait, not how long the last wait, or should it not? It also has 20 minute gap jumps occasionally. I don't trust it, is what I'm saying.

Paprikka

Any advice on how to break the limit on my level 6 Hongmoon weapon? It's telling me I need to get something from the Everdust Stalker Jiangshi Wheel of Fate, and I've spun numerous times, and not sure what I'm looking out for. I have a bunch of sealed boxes; accidentally opened a couple and got unrelated things. I hope I didn't waste my two special Master's Pack keys... :S

You want to be looking for your weapon type, so you either need to open the weapon box with a regular key and hope you get the right kind, or use a brilliant key to automatically get the correct weapon. A third option in this case is to just buy it off the market board or trade someone else since the weapon is boe. Since that isn't an option later on I would save your brilliant keys and just try to buy/trade it.

It's terrible design but I've rarely seen an actual logical and working queue in an MMO. Queue should be:

-People in Queue
-Your Position in Queue
-Estimated wait time

... and you should be able to see the progress toward getting to your position in queue as you wait other than a randomly fluctuating wait time.

Every big MMO release in the US has been this way. All of the big guilds coordinate and pile into 1-3 servers. It's even worse for PvP centric games as all of the prime guilds want to be on the main server. It'll never change.

This is why all MMOs need to move to the megaserver network design

Hubb

The estimate wait time should show me how long I wait, not how long the last wait, or should it not? It also has 20 minute gap jumps occasionally. I don't trust it, is what I'm saying.

I thought you were talking about the X members in queue not the estimated time. That should show your time, but it is just an estimate and on servers getting slammed it is probably highly inaccurate. That is probably why you see it jumping around, though mine has consistently been going down but not necessarily at the rate it shows (EX: 20 left doesn't mean 20 minutes).

Paprikka

It's terrible design but I've rarely seen an actual logical and working queue in an MMO. Queue should be:

-People in Queue
-Your Position in Queue
-Estimated wait time

... and you should be able to see the progress toward getting to your position in queue as you wait other than a randomly fluctuating wait time.

Could be worse at least, was it FF14 or Tera where the queue was just a chance at logging in and if the server filled back up after your queue popped but before you got in you would just be kicked back to the start?

FiraB

Banned
Got my names.

FiraB and Manderville.

And yes I tried to be faithful to that last name, he is rocking look close to him, has the head dots and is a kungfu master.

Could be worse at least, was it FF14 or Tera where the queue was just a chance at logging in and if the server filled back up after your queue popped but before you got in you would just be kicked back to the start?

It was FFXIV at launch because they didn't implement a queue system at launch. There was no queue, you just spammed login until it let you in if you were lucky and hit the button right when a spot opened up.

Yeah.

I had a macro programmed in my G13 which spammed the login for me during that launch.

Was going to hop into Discord but the link needs to be updated. It expired. :(

Yeah, FFXIV. I like that when they added the queue and you would login and it would say position 100 or whatever, if you exited and relogged it would just let you right in most of the time. lol

Kitoro

You want to be looking for your weapon type, so you either need to open the weapon box with a regular key and hope you get the right kind, or use a brilliant key to automatically get the correct weapon. A third option in this case is to just buy it off the market board or trade someone else since the weapon is boe. Since that isn't an option later on I would save your brilliant keys and just try to buy/trade it.

Thank you! How do I access the market board, before I try figuring it out for myself?

ApharmdX

Banned
On a whim I got the initiate pack. It's a shame about those queue times but that's to be expected, I just hope I can play at least once over the weekend.

Baalzebup

Sigh, I had forgotten to apply the code and waited for several hours :p Got in Windrest pretty much immediately after I applied it.

Ah well, better late than never, plus I was fully expecting the usual MMO-launch jank

Kyne

Lot of people spilling over to Poharan.

Probably where I'll be taking my crew.

6JKZ2ni.png

I applied the Pack code in my account settings. Does that mean my Premium is active or do you have to do that in the actual game?

My queue time keeps on getting longer so how did all these other Premium members apply it to their account?

Hubb

I applied the Pack code in my account settings. Does that mean my Premium is active or do you have to do that in the actual game?

My queue time keeps on getting longer so how did all these other Premium members apply it to their account?

That means its applied. Took me about an hour to get back in after I crashed.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Letting everyone know I created the Clan "Believe" if I'm correct that is our offical name also burton told me so. I will send invites etc me and burton will once game gets less crashy for everyone

Top Bottom