• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Quoting myself for the new page:

Before the hell breaks loose, here a small tip from me that might be handy for people with dynamic IP addresses. It's actually possible to bypass the NCSoft Launcher login and start the game directly. You then can login in-game without the annoying email verification.

To do this go into the "bin" folder inside your Blade & Soul installation directory and make a new text-file with any name and with these contents:

For connecting to EU servers:
Code:
start client.exe /launchbylauncher /sesskey /CompanyID: "12" /ChannelGroupIndex: "-1" /LoginMode 2 -lang:English -region:1

For connecting to US servers:
Code:
start client.exe /launchbylauncher /sesskey /CompanyID: "12" /ChannelGroupIndex: "-1" /LoginMode 2 -lang:English -region:0

and rename the extension of the text-file from .txt to .bat

Now simply double-click the file and the game will be started without the launcher taking you directly to the ingame login-screen.

Keep in mind though that you also bypass the updating step this way so you won't be able to connect when a new update was released, I would say launch via the actual launcher every 5-7 days to make sure you catch the updates.

Also I haven't tried this myself yet but I think you should be able to replace "English" with "German" or "French" to set the language aswell.

So, we have until the top of the hour right?

Yeah :)

keffri

I'm interested in playing this game so I'll probably check it out soon. What is the pay model like?

I hear that after the head start the game is free to play. Is it pay to progress or pay to win? Or is the real money stuff just cosmetic?

How do I get my Founder's Pack applied? I looked all over the account screen and couldn't find anything, nor was there any serial number or anything like that in my e-mail.

keffri

How do I get my Founder's Pack applied? I looked all over the account screen and couldn't find anything, nor was there any serial number or anything like that in my e-mail.

I got an email saying:

"Closed Beta Access and Head Start Access have been granted to your account. You will have access to all remaining Closed Beta weekends (schedule below) and the Head Start period when they go live."

I still have to wait for it to download. I'm thinking about making a Blade Dancer, but I know nothing about the game so I might change my mind later.

Hubb

NCsoft site > My account > Settings > Apply a code > Unused Codes > Blade and Soul > Should see an apply button there.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Made 2 characters, Bahn and Trink. Wanted Trinket but it was taken, Trink is fine.

I was almost sold on KFM, then watched the assassin video. The thought of my friend and I rolling around as dual assassins, seemed very appealing (from a PvP perspective).

It's not really talked about much, but KFM and BM are actually tanks in group play. So, something to keep in mind.

I'm OK with being tankish. May go with Gon/KFM or Gon/Destroyer, Jin/Assassin and Yun/BM. Still have a few hours to mull over it.

Estimated wait time 10 minutes. :(

10 minutes? That's nothing lol.

Kyne

So Mushin is the GAF / main NA server.. and queue times have already started?

Second most populated server is Jiwan, which is (from what I heard) the unofficial Brazilian server.

Mhm..

Muddimar

My friend and I decided on Poharan... Figured they will likely do some server balancing anyway, given the current population distribution.

Guess I will go with Jiwan or Poharan then. Mushin is like premium server, hell even with premium you still have to queue, totally expecting 3h+ queue time for free users on Jan 19 lol

Kitoro

Alright, joined the Cerulean Order on Mushin. Is our guild ready yet? My name is Vela. I'd love an invite, when possible!

Kitoro

Also, is it safe for me to activate my weapon skin on my main and apply it to my Hongmoon weapon? That's the one I'll be using basically forever, right? Thanks!

Arsin

Mushin is at 71 min Queue, with me being in line for about 15 min. It started at 30, then I somehow got pushed back in line and there are now 1100 other premium users in line in front of me.
Really hope I am able to play this game at some point.

Got right into Mushin and made both my characters. 32 minute wait time in queue to get into the game right now. Do you get guild/clan access right away or does it take a while?

Characters:

Kushino
Female Jin Assassin

Maple Cookie
Male Lyn Force Master

Let's do this!

#1197 in line, gonna play some Dragon's Dogma while I wait I guess...

I bet I won't even be done with the character creator when the queue pops.

Arsin

Yeah sorry GAF, I would love to play this with you guys, but it seems like only mUshin has any kind of Queue time right now and I do not feel like dealing with these line times x10 when the game launches and a few weeks after.

My friends and I will have to make on another server to avoid having to log in before work and still be in line when we get home.

Top Bottom