• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just hit lvl 45 on my Blade Dancer. Struggle was real on that last level as I had completed the main story and had to rely on dailies. :lol

Oh man, is this where the Koreans had their first story stopping point too? They had to wait a really long time for the story to continue. We only have to wait a few months. The Koreans were probably pissed that it left off at the cliffhanger like that LMAO

I can now summarize the story of Blade & Soul:
Everything was betrayal

Got the Regium Corvus back on my main. This is probably one of the better costumes, the mini cape thing looks cool in motion.

kpUIkFf.jpg

Also is there anyway to keep your Hongmoon weapon appearance? I noticed that the Hongmoon Profane tier gauntlets look pretty cool, so I'd like to keep that over the bulky stuff that comes afterwards if possible.

Vex_

Banned
Got the Regium Corvus back on my main. This is probably one of the better costumes, the mini cape thing looks cool in motion.

kpUIkFf.jpg

Also is there anyway to keep your Hongmoon weapon appearance? I noticed that the Hongmoon Profane tier gauntlets look pretty cool, so I'd like to keep that over the bulky stuff that comes afterwards if possible.

Yes, goto glamour tab. Hit "revert"

Ferrio

Banned
Oh man, is this where the Koreans had their first story stopping point too? They had to wait a really long time for the story to continue. We only have to wait a few months. The Koreans were probably pissed that it left off at the cliffhanger like that LMAO

I can now summarize the story of Blade & Soul:
Everything was betrayal

I have my own canon for the story:

My character wishes to see anyone who calls her cricket dead. That one asshole was almost dead, but then those 3 old guys saved him and tried to drop the roof on me while they laughed. I'll get that guy eventually.

How did you get the Regium Corvus? I got the other crappy one, I assumed it'd be the reward for the next daily dash.

Let's see...

8 Profane Dagger, 4 Profane Gauntlet, 3 Profane Staff, 3 Profane Sword, and 2 Profane Axe.

ZERO PROFANE LYNBLADE

FUCK THIS SHIT

I'm out of keys at this point and they go for 4 silver apiece and you need 2 per failed attempt to unseal the weapon you want.

Rynam

How did you get the Regium Corvus? I got the other crappy one, I assumed it'd be the reward for the next daily dash.

Regium Corvus was the NA Daily Dash Reward, I hope we get the EU one next because I think that looks better.
But I don't think they do 2 daily dash boards with a finish so quick after each other.

Sölf

Let's see...

8 Profane Dagger, 4 Profane Gauntlet, 3 Profane Staff, 3 Profane Sword, and 2 Profane Axe.

ZERO PROFANE LYNBLADE

FUCK THIS SHIT

I'm out of keys at this point and they go for 4 silver apiece and you need 2 per failed attempt to unseal the weapon you want.

I had 50 keys when I started and got my weapon when I had 4 left. So, yeah. I feel you.

Hoplatee

Are stats on the Siren belts / bracers also random? I have one which regens hp in combat, gives max heal (??) and the likes. I am a bit confused about that.

optimized-client2016-88pfe.jpg

Been farming 4-man poh for the general oufit, no luck so far.

Is that version much harder? I am a little bit scared to go in there because in general the 6 man is nothing but pain with half the group skipping trash and the other not so it always takes forever / ends up in fights in chat.

Aside from that I wonder how the hell I should pop my frost protection on first boss without the space bar popup. The hotkey bar always fades away right before that moment. It caught me by surprise a few times already. (V button)

Person

Just hit lvl 45 on my Blade Dancer. Struggle was real on that last level as I had completed the main story and had to rely on dailies. :lol

dailies aren't crap like other MMOs tho, pretty comparable experience gain to normal quests and story quests

I had the same problem as you but when I capped I didn't even expect to, I just sort of do dailies and suddenly I leveled up without looking at the progress bar

Person

Let's see...

ZERO PROFANE LYNBLADE

FUCK THIS SHIT

I still have the 70 chests from when rng played me when I was rolling for profane shroud

Rynam

I'm like 5 levels overleveled for my quests. Somehow i hit Level 45 Before I even finished the Story/Did all the Sidequests. :D
I'm Act 3 Chapter 15 right now, How many chapters does the 3rd act have?

Does anyone know any way to mod the spider enemies to look like anything else? Got a friend who loves BnS, but can't play further due to pretty severe arachnophobia. She's also scared of asking online since every time she does, assholes just post spider pictures.

Person

I'd like to think of the cap as a soft cap, you can still getting for MWA SS and get like, 15-20k more HP, I see most people hitting 45 still with true infernal weapons, with an attack range around the 260s, but it's definitely possible to get it to 300 easily if you do dailies for a few days

with KFM and searing, I still feel like there's much to learn about my class just on PvE, so trying to get used to that still keeps me entertained

Person

Does anyone know any way to mod the spider enemies to look like anything else? Got a friend who loves BnS, but can't play further due to pretty severe arachnophobia. She's also scared of asking online since every time she does, assholes just post spider pictures.
yikes, I really don't think you can though, plus there's also dokumo and all the other different spiders in the dokumo dungeon to replace too

The only thing I can suggest is getting a really good group of level 45 friends to 5-man that dungeon if it's really that bad, preferably with 1 2 summoners or something to make up the numbers, better yet if she's party of a guild

as for the missions, maybe let her sit still while you do the killing or something, they're pretty easy

Somewhat unrelated, but I personally find the spiders of Skyrim much more unsettling for some reason

Is that version much harder? I am a little bit scared to go in there because in general the 6 man is nothing but pain with half the group skipping trash and the other not so it always takes forever / ends up in fights in chat.

Aside from that I wonder how the hell I should pop my frost protection on first boss without the space bar popup. The hotkey bar always fades away right before that moment. It caught me by surprise a few times already. (V button)

The bosses don't have any indicators on the ground for when they're going to deal damage like they do in the 24 and 6 man versions. Thus you have to know the animations in order to properly dodge/defend yourself. Not that difficult once you've done it a few times. I go with a group of 3 other friends, our party consists of (assassin (me), force master, blade master, summoner) so we're well rounded and we have no problem clearing it without dying to any of the bosses.

Can't say how difficult it would be if you did it with randoms, although I imagine it wouldn't be that fun. Also, summoner makes all PVE content a joke seriously the cat is broken lol

Chariot

Poh 4 usually works when you bave a group that makes it through Slashimi. It really filters out those who can't do it early.

Kudo

Let's see...

ZERO PROFANE LYNBLADE

FUCK THIS SHIT

I bought 30 Profane Essences, first spin was weapon chest, open it, Lynblade.
Also got stack of 50 keys right now thanks to dailies, only thing I'm missing from my transformation is that damn Moonwater Transformation Stone again. Wish they'd go down in price, don't want to be poor again.

Person

I bought 30 Profane Essences, first spin was weapon chest, open it, Lynblade.
Also got stack of 50 keys right now thanks to dailies, only thing I'm missing from my transformation is that damn Moonwater Transformation Stone again. Wish they'd go down in price, don't want to be poor again.

wait you can buy essences?

is this a premium thing where you can buy untradeables from the market or something

wait you can buy essences?

is this a premium thing where you can buy untradeables from the market or something

You buy them from the market, they generally are sold for 1-3silvers a piece, although harder/useless wheels like Kaari/Pinchy can be more while obviously the lvl 10wheel is worth less. Essences are tradeable so no reason they can't be sold.

ragevvorks

Neo Member
hes my final preset

before (reshade disabled)

24667671151_048536b9a4_o.png

after (my custom reshade )

24643350712_409654bd51_o.png

im very happy with how this turned out, more color less bloom, alot more depth quality (look at the sand track)

note i use a custome ui scale heance why the numbers on health bar are small, i dont care bout the number just how much is gone from bar :D

notice how the grass has shadows in my reshade, thats because im forcing ambient occulsion through reshade

That's some eyecandy there, kind of witcher-esque with that grass now! Well done on the preset :D Would love to try it if you decide to upload somewhere.

However, I noticed the text becomes quite granular/grainy with reshade on (not too concerned about deeper blacks and exposed brights on icons etc) - doesn't that give you an eye strain after a while? I'm already kind of struggling with BNS's default, so I had to up all the font sizes 1-2 stops..

Person

You buy them from the market, they generally are sold for 1-3silvers a piece, although harder/useless wheels like Kaari/Pinchy can be more while obviously the lvl 10wheel is worth less. Essences are tradeable so no reason they can't be sold.

I never tried selling them I guess

Person

The first room in Dokumo is always hillarious with newbies or unsergeared people.

oh definitely

i was one of them the other day :x

the swordclaw was pretty unforgiving, didn't help that people kept leaving when they died so me and a friend had to LFP 3 times simply because we were the only ones left in the party

we had a level 43 guy with like 10k hp or something

Chariot

Yeah, subpar SS is deadly in Dokumo. She dishes out heavy damages and can basically one-shit the weak.

The one guy charging forward and kill people with fire and orb is also a classic. Half my runs save people with the flower to keep going.

Rynam

we had a level 43 guy with like 10k hp or something

I had a level 28 or so joining that instance one time and didnt want to leave..

Don't even know why you're able to join that instance on such a low level with cross server partyfinder.

Person

Also yesterday, some destroyer or something picked me up when I was downed and put me in a safe corner during a boss fight so I could regain chi

I've never seen that before and it took me by surprise, what is it, can everyone do it?

I spent most of the game solo so I'm new to a lot of stuff playing with people

cHinzo

Lol had to roll 2 for the costume in the Daily Dash. Rolled 1. >.>

Also yesterday, some destroyer or something picked me up when I was downed and put me in a safe corner during a boss fight so I could regain chi

I've never seen that before and it took me by surprise, what is it, can everyone do it?

Nope only Destroyers can do that. Such a funny skill.

Only Destroyers can do that, it's one of their things. It's really strong. Well unless your friend Destroyer is a troll, then he just throws you into an aoe. Summoners can do cat stuff too like cat rezing you or protecting you while you meditate. I don't think the other classes have anything special other than making the meditation faster.

Chariot

As Sin I can draw all player corpses and currently meditating people to my flower. Very useful to draw people out of bosses or the fireorb, so they can be properly ressurected.

Person

Lol had to roll 2 for the costume in the Daily Dash. Rolled 1. >.>

Nope only Destroyers can do that. Such a funny skill.

I had rabbit ears, it was glorious

though i wonder what it would look like if a really short destroyer was carrying max height max build male gon

cHinzo

I had rabbit ears, it was glorious

though i wonder what it would look like if a really short destroyer was carrying max height max build male gon
Prolly as funny as having the smallest Lynn possible carrying a wounded soldier above the head in the beginning area of the game. :d

Fuz

Banned
So, dungeons.
I die way more from the fire caused by people who rush things without waiting a second than from bosses themselves.
*sigh*
Anyone else having the same experience?

Yes. Or Dokumo if you want to go full glass canon.
Thanks man.

Top Bottom