• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Chariot

So, dungeons.
I die way more from the fire caused by people who rush things without waiting a second than from bosses themselves.
*sigh*
Anyone else having the same experience?
I am fairly quick, I have yet to die in a fire. But I see it often. Another reason why I skilled my flower to draw corpses. I always get people out of the fire, pull them in and rev them. Very handy skill with randoms.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
That's some eyecandy there, kind of witcher-esque with that grass now! Well done on the preset :D Would love to try it if you decide to upload somewhere.

However, I noticed the text becomes quite granular/grainy with reshade on (not too concerned about deeper blacks and exposed brights on icons etc) - doesn't that give you an eye strain after a while? I'm already kind of struggling with BNS's default, so I had to up all the font sizes 1-2 stops..

My reshade doesnt affect my text much. Its mostly where my ui scale is tiny although i didnt know but font size option.

Alot of reshades use alot of blur and i tried it in ny prior one few pages back and thats wat messes the txt up.

Im at work till 9 tonight ill post up ny preset when i can

Sölf

Got the Profane Weapon now, need to farm Dokumo for the weapon to upgrade again. At least the price for Moonwater Transformation Stone slowly falls down. I actually think it may be a good idea to just wait until I have 150 Soulstones and then buy the Moonwater Trans stones.

cHinzo

So, dungeons.
I die way more from the fire caused by people who rush things without waiting a second than from bosses themselves.
*sigh*
Anyone else having the same experience?

Thanks man.
Just dont stand in front of the entrance. Get inside!

ShinMaruku

Lol had to roll 2 for the costume in the Daily Dash. Rolled 1. >.>

Nope only Destroyers can do that. Such a funny skill.

Only Destroyers can do that, it's one of their things. It's really strong. Well unless your friend Destroyer is a troll, then he just throws you into an aoe. Summoners can do cat stuff too like cat rezing you or protecting you while you meditate. I don't think the other classes have anything special other than making the meditation faster.
If you spec for it Force Masters can do it too.

Syril

I just started, and am I right in the impression that you have every skill equipped all the time, and they share inputs based on context? If so that's really cool. It always bugged me in games where you had tons of cool moves but you could only equip a few of them at a time. I'm using a Blade Dancer and they're pretty fun so far.

Chariot

I just started, and am I right in the impression that you have every skill equipped all the time, and they share inputs based on context? If so that's really cool. It always bugged me in games where you had tons of cool moves but you could only equip a few of them at a time. I'm using a Blade Dancer and they're pretty fun so far.
Yes. There are just some skills you can skill into entirely different skills, other than that you always have all your skills, depending on the context. No need to slot.

Person

no

you have to put points in certain skills

BUT you can reset the points as many times as you like and redistribute them as often as you like

edit: all the base skills are equipped but you can completely change your playstyle depending on where you put your skill points

Syril

no

you have to put points in certain skills

BUT you can reset the points as many times as you like and redistribute them as often as you like

edit: all the base skills are equipped but you can completely change your playstyle depending on where you put your skill points
Infinite free respecs? I'm going to like this better than I thought.

Person

afaik, I haven't noticed any of my money disappearing and I've already done it 6+ times

even more if you count the times i spent on one skill and then unlearn it and put it somewhere else because i didn't like it

Fuz

Banned
Well, time to show off:
6bydYqQ.jpg

Damn the Koreans and their lack of a proper brown!
(BD character creator has the same problem)

ShinMaruku

Have some recordings of my KFM and Assassin play coming along. I am enjoying those clases greatly.
Here is my 3 main pvp builds for those who are wondering how to do pvp. They vary on who you are fighting there is a general build then a Blade Dancer and Destroyer build
Main: https://bnstree.com/AS?build=450000...010330193100831005111993101231142230061100932
Blade Dancer:https://bnstree.com/AS?build=450000...008310051100733199210122114223006110093221411

Destroyer: https://bnstree.com/AS?build=450000...019110083111121005310073301221006210091121421

Fuz

Banned
Goddammit I hate so much when I tag in arena and get in with my camera fully zoomed in. Completely fucks up everything.
Is there any way to fix the camera so it won't arbitrary go from maxed out to maxed in?

Chariot

afaik, I haven't noticed any of my money disappearing and I've already done it 6+ times

even more if you count the times i spent on one skill and then unlearn it and put it somewhere else because i didn't like it
Yes, since the biggest draw for the game is the PVP you have infinite respecs anytime you're not currently in battle so you can tweak and test your builds on a whim. It's pretty cool. You can respec even between rounds to fit the duel partner, within dungeons for the next stage or boss and just because you can anytime in the PVE.

Hoplatee

Am I just really really really bad at PVP or is FM just not that great?

Only class I seem to be having not so many issues with is Summoner. Other than that I am often just chain stunned for ages / thrown in the air with no ways to really break out of it.

Sorian

Banned

Only class I seem to be having not so many issues with is Summoner. Other than that I am often just chain stunned for ages / thrown in the air with no ways to really break out of it.

Need to focus more on your stuns and locks. Your primary goal is to stay as far away from your opponent as possible.

Chariot

Freezing enemy to the ground is the evilest shit. Most classes need to target the enemy and there are few things that gets you out of that. Freeze your enemy to the ground and run behind him. Care with assassins tho, decoy gets them out easy if you attack them and the have it off cd.

Vex_

Banned
Freezing enemy to the ground is the evilest shit. Most classes need to target the enemy and there are few things that gets you out of that. Freeze your enemy to the ground and run behind him. Care with assassins tho, decoy gets them out easy if you attack them and the have it off cd.

Someone tried that against me awhile ago and...well:

dLTtPlt.png

Shoyz

As a F2P, with my spins yesterday I'm now set to win the Daily Dash by rolling nothing but 1s for the rest of the entire event. Is the chance of rolling a 1 as significant as the board implies? Because I've literally never rolled a 1.

Not that I have a wardrobe to put the outfit in..

Sorian

Banned
And im sure those destroyers were top class as well? Sike! Yea right. pfft

Nah, it's just that everything falls apart for FM if you let the melee get close for extended periods of time and destroyer is by far the easiest melee to keep away in my experience.

Vex_

Banned
W I S H B O Y S

YDf8Sm2.jpg

Backside screenshot would be nsfw.

how does one acquire said outfit? Only through the NCstore?

Nah, it's just that everything falls apart for FM if you let the melee get close for extended periods of time and destroyer is by far the easiest melee to keep away in my experience.

This is true. I feel it. And I'm sure FMs know it. Once we get in close with a skill that instantly closes the gap between us... oh GOD.. we shut down all your evasive skills and...I dont wanna say. Unspeakable things happen.

Hit level 42 last night. I feel like everyone else flew through leveling and whatnot but I am really taking my time. Doing every quest, reading all dialogue, etc. Leveling and solo PvE are strangely my favorite parts of MMOs, which sort of defeats the purpose of MMOs haha. Anyway, I figure I'll hit max level and finish the story by the end of the week. I was lucky enough to get the wolfskin suit on like my third spin, and I got the head adornment after like 20 spins, but after 45 spins I still haven't gotten the final piece of that outfit. I'm not going to obsess over it like I did the pinchy one though. Pinchy was brutal because the actual costume was the last drop I got. Also, Lycan the Mighty takes like a quarter the time pinchy did, and drops more essences.

Person

Hit level 42 last night. I feel like everyone else flew through leveling and whatnot but I am really taking my time. Doing every quest, reading all dialogue, etc. Leveling and solo PvE are strangely my favorite parts of MMOs, which sort of defeats the purpose of MMOs haha. Anyway, I figure I'll hit max level and finish the story by the end of the week. I was lucky enough to get the wolfskin suit on like my third spin, and I got the head adornment after like 20 spins, but after 45 spins I still haven't gotten the final piece of that outfit. I'm not going to obsess over it like I did the pinchy one though. Pinchy was brutal because the actual costume was the last drop I got. Also, Lycan the Mighty takes like a quarter the time pinchy did, and drops more essences.

I think it depends on your DPS, upto 5 essences if you're op

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Welp, I'm in a bad place. lol

I'm too poor to advance my weapon.
I have no dumplings/healing tonics...
Which means going into dungeons is dicey atm.
So, time for a ton of dailies.
Oh and I have all of the PVP Soul Shield piece and no way to afford unsealing them. lol

Kudo

Oh and I have all of the PVP Soul Shield piece and no way to afford unsealing them. lol

Just do the E. Fleet dailies once and you'll have enough gold to buy dumplings/tonics and Unsealing Charms for the Soul Shield.
Then you can advance to dungeons.

Being too poor to advance weapon is just normal.

ShinMaruku

RNG too. My Assassin and KFM have 40 dumplings, my force Master only has 3.

Had a great time in PVP with the KFM outside of a POS Blade Dancer. I will get them when my warlock gets her panties on.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
heres my reshade preset

https://www.mediafire.com/?8ohc0357j3gdf48

to install follow the guide i posted above (posted number 5170)

once you have followed the steps in that guide, unrar the files in link above and copy/paste them to C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\ReShade

The game really throws the dumplings/healing potions at you. I have over 100 of each.

If you're having to eat/use potions a lot you need to change up how you play since you shouldn't be taking any damage from most enemies you fight as each class should have plenty of tools to accomplish this (unless you lost them all doing a ton of grinding on some later dungeons as I haven't gotten to any of those yet).

I have 100 dumplings... How are people using up all their dumplings?
Also level 42, I am assuming wait until level 45 to change my soul shield to Profane right?

Hoplatee

I have 131 dumplings and 147 (normal) potions as a FM. I became quite good at looting them in dungeons!

Quite alot drop there. Just have to be fast. Make a habit of spamming F. If you don't someone else will ;3

And then I eat/drink alot during dailies because I am way too lazy to dodge much stuff then.

Top Bottom