• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Zand

Neo Member
What weapons give most EXP with Siren upgrades?

I would suggest not using weapons as fodder, rather craft the Element gems for weapons (inventory / transformation button, top of the list on the left). They give far, far more xp and only cost 1cp to use. They can be a bit costly to make, but you won't need many; like 5 soul stones, and 20 powders + 50sp for 1 Element gem. You might need 4-6 to go from stage 1 to stage 10.

If you want to use actual weapons, then the blue weapons (cold iron) from Poh 24 might be the best / least costly.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing some nice reshade presets, however, they are never posted with the HUD on. Mind sharing a screen with your latest tweaks and UI visible? I've heard it usually makes text really hard to read and skill icons overly bright/dark.

hes my final preset

before (reshade disabled)

24667671151_048536b9a4_o.png

after (my custom reshade )

24643350712_409654bd51_o.png

im very happy with how this turned out, more color less bloom, alot more depth quality (look at the sand track)

note i use a custome ui scale heance why the numbers on health bar are small, i dont care bout the number just how much is gone from bar :D

notice how the grass has shadows in my reshade, thats because im forcing ambient occulsion through reshade

Sölf

So, Summoner is pretty funny. But holy shit, I don't know if the game is easier because I already have a level 45 Kung-Fu Master, or of Summoner is just vastly OP compared to other classes. I had like absolutely zero problems killing Pokey and that Plaguemite thing. Just being able to AoE shit is soooo much better, dear god.

Chariot

Sölf;193961904 said:
So, Summoner is pretty funny. But holy shit, I don't know if the game is easier because I already have a level 45 Kung-Fu Master, or of Summoner is just vastly OP compared to other classes. I had like absolutely zero problems killing Pokey and that Plaguemite thing. Just being able to AoE shit is soooo much better, dear god.
Summoner is easy mode in PVE :D
(and current duel PVP).

Lyn summoner could take over the world if they banded together.

docbon

Starting to lean on the side of this crafting system being trash.

I'd have a better time selling the materials to make unsealing charms than going through the process of actually crafting them.

RyudBoy

That feeling you get when you've run out of space in your vault and don't know what to take out because your inventory is also full.

The Gods need to grant me some Dragon Trade Pouches.

LOLCats

Banned
had 2g last night, didn't realize.. but after upgrading my hongmoons with infernal gear i only had 30s left.

hurts so bad.

had 2g last night, didn't realize.. but after upgrading my hongmoons with infernal gear i only had 30s left.

hurts so bad.

Yeah, I've got 6g right now, but a Moonwater Transformation Stone costs 6-10g, and then the actual process of evolution now costs 2.5g on its own.

Yeah yeah yeah, do your dailies etc, make gold hurr.

Still hurts though, lol.

Ephidel

Faction chat seems to think it's just the EU servers which are fucked up at the moment (mass lag, inability to accept quests, people unable to leave crossfaction stuff because they're not receiving items they bid on, vendor/auction house/salvaging "lag" making it look like items are just vanishing). Is this true, or are the US ones suffering as well?

Fuz

Banned
Which one is the best soul shield for the assassin? The Blackram Sopply Soul?
I'm trying to figure out if I should invest in unsealing charms for the "best" stats on every piece.

Chariot

Which one is the best soul shield for the assassin? The Blackram Sopply Soul?
I'm trying to figure out if I should invest in unsealing charms for the "best" stats on every piece.
Yes. Or Dokumo if you want to go full glass canon.

hes my final preset

before (reshade disabled)

24667671151_048536b9a4_o.png

after (my custom reshade )

24643350712_409654bd51_o.png

im very happy with how this turned out, more color less bloom, alot more depth quality (look at the sand track)

note i use a custome ui scale heance why the numbers on health bar are small, i dont care bout the number just how much is gone from bar :D

notice how the grass has shadows in my reshade, thats because im forcing ambient occulsion through reshade

I like yours. How can I do this? The AA looks so much better.

Person

Are the EU servers fried again

I'm under the impression that the EU servers are fried again

just when i bought this cute new outfit with money cashola

So after you can use the Dokumo weapon as a breakthrough you can get in Blackram through the Dungeon Lobby without switching to the weapon right?

Person

So after you can use the Dokumo weapon as a breakthrough you can get in Blackram through the Dungeon Lobby without switching to the weapon right?

I have it, I don't have it in my inventory and don't have access to the dungeon, but I might try

when the servers aren't dead that is

Ephidel

Are the EU servers fried again

I'm under the impression that the EU servers are fried again
Yep. Deep fried servers, extra crispy, with a side of mayo :(

On the up side, faction chat works and it doesn't seem bot infested at the moment. I guess it's kind of nice to actually talk to people.

Person

Yep. Deep fried servers, extra crispy, with a side of mayo :(

On the up side, faction chat works and it doesn't seem bot infested at the moment. I guess it's kind of nice to actually talk to people.

I cant even log in, had to force quit the game while I was stuck in the "Preparing to Enter" for cross-server dungeons

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I like yours. How can I do this? The AA looks so much better.

you have to go here http://reshade.me/ and download reshade (not the sweetfx 2.0 one.)
then once downloaded open with winrar (or an extracting programe ) copy all files to a new folder (i normaly just make a nw folder on desktop and extract there ).

you will see .exe called Mediator open that and press the add button go to where your blade and soul is installed and double click on the client.exe. then where you pressed add before it should have confirm, press that.

on right hand hand side of that it should now have another button called add press that, then press pernament push to application. thats the intial setup done.

now if you like my preset ill upload it either tomorrow or wednesday. or you can customize things yourself by scrol through the tabs (common pipline gemfx sweetfx mcfx)

this preset took me like 20 or so hours to finish :p

Ephidel

I cant even log in, had to force quit the game while I was stuck in the "Preparing to Enter" for cross-server dungeons
Sorry to hear that :(
(On the other hand, if you'd gotten into the dungeon that probably would have been a nightmare too :|)

I have it, I don't have it in my inventory and don't have access to the dungeon, but I might try

when the servers aren't dead that is

Just to clarify I mean can you get in with you Hongmoon weapon after you use the Dokumo weapon to breakthrough seeing as it's the weapon you need to get in.

Person

Just to clarify I mean can you get in with you Hongmoon weapon after you use the Dokumo weapon to breakthrough seeing as it's the weapon you need to get in.

I have no idea, still need to get the cash for all this upgrading

unless you mean you actually have to equip it

it's confusing me too

My god summoners are easy to play it's almost too easy lol.

after unlocking searing palm and reading some guide on putting it all on the left i felt like i had no idea how to play KFM anymore

i can get a full stack in now and again on some bosses but nothing guaranteed and I'm spending a lot of time with my eyes on the hotbar than actually looking at what my character's doing, feels great when you actually nail it though

Person

I have to agree with this, I literally soloed the level 20 dungeon while eating and spamming the Z key.

I don't even.

I was thinking of going Summoner for my second char purely because I wanted to see the contrast between difficulty, usually I just scoff at the difficulty labelled in MMOs, but from my experience and from talking to people, it actually seems to be a pretty accurate indicator in BnS, at least for PvE

you have to go here http://reshade.me/ and download reshade (not the sweetfx 2.0 one.)
then once downloaded open with winrar (or an extracting programe ) copy all files to a new folder (i normaly just make a nw folder on desktop and extract there ).

you will see .exe called Mediator open that and press the add button go to where your blade and soul is installed and double click on the client.exe. then where you pressed add before it should have confirm, press that.

on right hand hand side of that it should now have another button called add press that, then press pernament push to application. thats the intial setup done.

now if you like my preset ill upload it either tomorrow or wednesday. or you can customize things yourself by scrol through the tabs (common pipline gemfx sweetfx mcfx)

this preset took me like 20 or so hours to finish :p

I do have all of this set up already (I use for other games) so yeah I need your presets please!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I like when I see people complain about summoners being op or whatever then I jump into arena kill their cat in about 4 seconds then slaughter them xD

Quonny

A few classes have an talent that puts the target to sleep for 30 seconds. Use that on the cat, blam, you win. The cat can't get out of it.

I like when I see people complain about summoners being op or whatever then I jump into arena kill their cat in about 4 seconds then slaughter them xD

If they're letting you kill their cats, they're pretty bad. At the very least it should take some effort.

EU servers went back down again. I guess that's another "maintenance" just like the one 30mins ago.

Cidd

I was thinking of going Summoner for my second char purely because I wanted to see the contrast between difficulty, usually I just scoff at the difficulty labelled in MMOs, but from my experience and from talking to people, it actually seems to be a pretty accurate indicator in BnS

After days of playing my LBM I find this rather relaxing.

Person

At least I got a pic of the outfit before the servers got FUBAR'd

http://i.imgur.com/TNMw86u.jpg

At first I thought it was a little boring looking at it in the store but I'm really liking how simple and cute it looks

EDIT: Can anyone tell me what CC means? I've googled it, but "Crowd Control" doesn't make any sense in the context of PvP, I'm just very confused.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If they're letting you kill their cats, they're pretty bad. At the very least it should take some effort.

EU servers went back down again. I guess that's another "maintenance" just like the one 30mins ago.

idk Im a blade dancer they melt xD Like they do the move to summon the cat back to them and I just dash over to them and continue

Is there any advantage to B&S mode over Classic? I'm terrible with B&S mode, just as I was with mouse camera targeting in Tera, but it seems like it could be good for PvP. Should I tough it out and learn it or is classic sufficient enough for PvP? D:

I'm still god awful with keybindings though.. too long with XIV on a controller.

cHinzo

At least I got a pic of the outfit before the servers got FUBAR'd

http://i.imgur.com/TNMw86u.jpg

At first I thought it was a little boring looking at it in the store but I'm really liking how simple and cute it looks

EDIT: Can anyone tell me what CC means? I've googled it, but "Crowd Control" doesn't make any sense in the context of PvP, I'm just very confused.

It does mean crowd control by restricting the enemy's actions (stun) or movement (snare/knockdown) for example.

Ugh I have seriously alt-itis going on. I have a lvl 16 Summoner and Blade Dancer and I enjoy both of them for different reasons. I bought a third slot and messed around with the other classes, but I can't decide between KFM and Assassin. I leveld KFM to 11 and then deleted and leveled an assassin to 13, bleh.

I just want to play one class and get it to 45 so I can pvp but I can't stick with one :(

arimanius

Ugh I have seriously alt-itis going on. I have a lvl 16 Summoner and Blade Dancer and I enjoy both of them for different reasons. I bought a third slot and messed around with the other classes, but I can't decide between KFM and Assassin. I leveld KFM to 11 and then deleted and leveled an assassin to 13, bleh.

I just want to play one class and get it to 45 so I can pvp but I can't stick with one :(

I'm the same way. Have a 35 KFM, 35 BM, 25 Destroyer, and a 25 assassin. Can't decide which class to main.

Person

someone got angry at me for not helping them but I only saw the chat at the end :<

i had no idea they were talking i was too busy staring at my hotbar trying to stack searing sizzler &#5461;(&#9673;&#1044;&#9673; )&#5463;

im so bad at this

One of the things I'm looking forward the most in the next patch is apparently the training dummies are in Mushin Tower. I really wish I could practice animation cancelling instead of mostly mashing keys. I got the timing down kinda, but it's not quite perfect and sometimes I just drop the rythm and it's like terrible damage central.

Block them. It is like 3 or 4 people spamming

Yeah it's a mystery what kind of chat filtering they have when one person can spam for hours 20messages a minute.

It's mostly being spammed in the first region though, after that in the cinderlands and moonwater I rarely see spammers. Faction on the other hand is fucked all the time.

Top Bottom