• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

RyudBoy

I wish man, I wish. I also would like to set my dodges to a button rather than double motions. Doing that with an analog stick isn't a good idea. Might switch my movement to my dpad where I can perform them more consistently.

Yeah, a little more customization would be nice. Not being able to toggle sprint is a killer for me, though. Would really like to use a controller every now and then.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Welp, since my post earlier I was able to...

Get my weapon to Profane Stage 8
Unseal all of those PVP Arena Shields
Pick up some food.

Oddly enough, the lack of food made me approach bosses differently and ended up playing smarter and better for it.

Yay!

Person

ugh everyone is crimson legion in this server

no-one to farm arena with :<

hmmm...I could change factions temporarily I guess

edit: godammit im in a clan

Vex_

Banned
Welp, since my post earlier I was able to...

Get my weapon to Profane Stage 8
Unseal all of those PVP Arena Shields
Pick up some food.

Oddly enough, the lack of food made me approach bosses differently and ended up playing smarter and better for it.

Yay!

How to get pvp arena shields? I'm looking at this:

http://bladeandsoul.gamepedia.com/Moonwater_Arena_Soul_Shield?cookieSetup=true

That it? Man this game needs a better central hub for info. It is so hard to find information on items with this game. Most of the older wikis are for the Korean version for the game and obviously can't be used here since they also have updated content (and I can't read it).

Person

How to get pvp arena shields? I'm looking at this:

http://bladeandsoul.gamepedia.com/Moonwater_Arena_Soul_Shield?cookieSetup=true

That it? Man this game needs a better central hub for info. It is so hard to find information on items with this game. Most of the older wikis are for the Korean version for the game and obviously can't be used here since they also have updated content (and I can't read it).

I just started, I had to quit my clan, and apparently, clan names are lost forever when disbanded, so I lost clan Hongspoon :<

Anyway, if you want to do this the easy(ish) way, join CL and spend the day with with the CL campers in misty woods near the Cerulean camp, then the 2 bosses drop insignia pouches. If you kill both of them, you get 6 insignia ea time, and it costs 20 insignias for one piece of the soul shield. I only say CL because most people on my server are CL, but have a look at the people gathering around the camps, Cerulean may yet outnumber Crimson

You use 3 unsealing charms to unseal the the piece after buying it, just rinse and repeat till you buy all the pieces

In light of this, I made a temporary clan cause i was salty about the loss of my clan name
KXETjYq.png

i have no idea what the hell's going on with Poh 24, like what am i supposed to do in this?

It's really just like any other zone with world bosses. Go to the world boss, do some damage, if you do good damage you get brilliant chests, don't release if you die and ask to get rezed, and just complete your quests inbetween bosses. Poharan spawn every 9 bosses killed. If it looks there's not many people in your current channel, exit and reenter another. It's a good way to learn the basics of the mechanics of Poh6 too, world bosses are the same bosses as in the normal dungeon and use for the most part the same skills.

Welp, only spent 15 minutes grinding this, got it after like 6 essences and then got the soul shield with the rest. I am actually not sure I like since it kind of has clipping issues and some parts of the model that are exposed now don't look that great. Normally would be hidden by outfits. Oh well.

bladenthiiiiiiighsn5kjo.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
20 runs of Blackram Narrows and still no Blight Dagger.

At least I have 4 of the blight warlock weapons.

Seil

20 runs of Blackram Narrows and still no Blight Dagger.

At least I have 4 of the blight warlock weapons.

Good thing they're account bound so you can at least use one on your future warlock! Oh wait...

Seriously, why is there even an account bound mechanic in this game, I think I've seen like 2, maybe 3 items that use it so far x.x

ShinMaruku

Sölf;194088120 said:
Okay, I knew the Blade & Soul OST was pretty cool. What I didn't know, that the OST also contains tracks like this. Holy shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joff_1VbtLI&index=9&list=PLB-O2GTFANKXH6wL34ArYoGvUkZoHzik5

Please tell me that already plays ingame somewhere and I don't have to wait for areas that haven't been released yet in our version! D:

You will have to wait a bit for that, that said don't listen too much to some of them because 1 song in particular is a big spoiler in it's content.

Person

It is in lyrics but it's pretty well done that without context it makes no sense.

i thought you said it was a spoiler

im guessing you probably mean that the song plays very close to an event which has some context and it only takes some small recollection of the lyrics for you to figure out what's going to happen next

also that means it's in english? was the original english or did they actually record an english ver for the localization

ShinMaruku

i thought you said it was a spoiler

im guessing you probably mean that the song plays very close to an event which has some context and it only takes some small recollection of the lyrics for you to figure out what's going to happen next

also that means it's in english? was the original english or did they actually record an english ver for the localization
The lyrics are about a certain motivation of a key character and it points to the villains quite aptly.

tatsuki

tiispuw.png

Just 2 or 3 quests away from lvl45.
This is a boring outfit but the only one I really want is the crimson elite initiate outfit from clan crafting. I still have a bit more grinding before that.
I'm not sure what I should be using to take screenshots.

Also, What happens to your wardrobe outfits when your premium ends? Are they locked in there?

Vex_

Banned
I just started, I had to quit my clan, and apparently, clan names are lost forever when disbanded, so I lost clan Hongspoon :<

Anyway, if you want to do this the easy(ish) way, join CL and spend the day with with the CL campers in misty woods near the Cerulean camp, then the 2 bosses drop insignia pouches. If you kill both of them, you get 6 insignia ea time, and it costs 20 insignias for one piece of the soul shield. I only say CL because most people on my server are CL, but have a look at the people gathering around the camps, Cerulean may yet outnumber Crimson

You use 3 unsealing charms to unseal the the piece after buying it, just rinse and repeat till you buy all the pieces

In light of this, I made a temporary clan cause i was salty about the loss of my clan name
KXETjYq.png

Ahh I see thank you.

Edit: I forget, are you eu or na?

Morokh

I'm just gonna make everything thick when I get to make my Gon. Yours look fine, but I need a closer look. *wink* *wink*

That's kind of what I did when making mine (Just started)

Wanted to make a Destroyer first and achieve some kind of huge looking character, but that's not really possible the way I wanted it, as it lacks an option to make the character even remotely muscular looking.

So I kept the glorious thighs and backside and went with a Force-master ;)

Thing is, looking at the average character population going 'big' is a way to make your character stand-out.

Hoplatee

Also, What happens to your wardrobe outfits when your premium ends? Are they locked in there?

You can take them out but can't place any back which is fair. So you won't lose them or suddenly have to dump 20+ items in your inv.

i have no idea what the hell's going on with Poh 24, like what am i supposed to do in this?

To add what others said - before going in use F7 to find a party and go to the right channel if you aren't the leader (should popup). Doing all that solo is doable but eh.... That would take long. It can already take a long time if you enter a new 'fresh' run. Very long depending on idlers.

Vex_

Banned
That's kind of what I did when making mine (Just started)

Wanted to make a Destroyer first and achieve some kind of huge looking character, but that's not really possible the way I wanted it, as it lacks an option to make the character even remotely muscular looking.

So I kept the glorious thighs and backside and went with a Force-master ;)

Thing is, looking at the average character population going 'big' is a way to make your character stand-out.

U did a mighty fine job creating that Gon. Yessir, a mighty fine job. Gons are the Superior race. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It is the reason we standout out from the horde of regular mini people. We are destined for greatness.

Brokun

U did a mighty fine job creating that Gon. Yessir, a mighty fine job. Gons are the Superior race. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It is the reason we standout out from the horde of regular mini people. We are destined for greatness.

But why can't I be a Gon assassin? :(

I opened another 5 chests today, and finally Profane Lynblade came out.

In total I opened 36 chests over 2 days to get to my Lynblade. I would kill myself now but then I wouldn't be able to enjoy my Awakened Profane Lynblade so I have to keep living just for that.

The RNG in this game is absurd. I've never had such bad luck with any kind of RNG, even when I played Tera.

During my farming of Profane Jiangshi for the Lynblade, I amassed 4 Profane Shrouds, 5 Profane Jianghi's Secret, and 2 Profane Jiangshi's Pride. I don't even know if RNGoddammit is pissing on my head and calling it rain at this point.

Kintaro

Here is a bad screenie of my Gon Destroyer.

Funny thing, I slide the chest down as far as I could, kept some junk in the trunk and some nice thighs/arms. Then made her pretty short (which is still pretty tall).

I like the way she turned out. Destroyer is fun. I need SDBurton's lvling secrets.

Sölf

That's not the good school uni. The good one was available during CBT. I'm waiting for that one.

You have a link? I didn't play the game during beta and only started it because a few friends told me how absolutely great it was (which I didn't believe at the time, but dayum that combat <3)

Kudo

Luck shines on me today.
Got Siren, Storm Siren and Long-lost Brighstone Lynblades from almost first chests each. Had to open 3 for Storm Siren but others were first.
Now I just need to make some serious gold.

Kintaro

Most of them are fugly and in the case of women they are all nsfw, I want a real armor for my character >.< this is ridiculous.

Not too much "armor" being worn by much of anyone in this game. Exception being the Talus I suppose?

Top Bottom