• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Didn't take long for them to add RNG boxes that they said were the reason we weren't getting free wardrobe and more chat slots. That's really scummy. I don't care so much that RNG boxes exist as I don't really buy costumes to begin with, but the fact they removed features from the game so we wouldn't get these, and then they add them, feels like they robbed me of having more char slots.

K.Sabot

And the response:

gDN9ujI.png

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I have no issues with the RNG boxes. Can just ignore them completely. i expected these earlier. Whole game is RNGtastic. Lol

Kudo

I have nothing against RNG chest, I just wish you could buy the costume for say, 2000 nCoins if you don't want to try your luck.
That's how TERA was and I loved it.

Currently there's no guarantee you'll ever get the costume even if you burn all your money on it, have some mercy. At least make it tradeable or something.

Kintaro

I have nothing against RNG chest, I just wish you could buy the costume for say, 2000 nCoins if you don't want to try your luck.
That's how TERA was and I loved it.

Currently there's no guarantee you'll ever get the costume even if you burn all your money on it, have some mercy. At least make it tradeable or something.

that costume will pop up in the shop later. No doubt.

The RNG box is limited time as well.

Damn the market is still not fixed in EU. Breaks every 20seconds and have to restart searches, so annoying. Been like that for 2 days.

mkenyon

Banned
At least it's not like Archeage where you have to dump thousands of dollars on RNG boxes to stay at the top of the competitive chain.

At least it's not like Archeage where you have to dump thousands of dollars on RNG boxes to stay at the top of the competitive chain.

That's not "competition". Which is fine because Archeage is not "good".

Fortunately BnS has a normalized arena which is a real esport in Korea. So this game will never be P2W as far as PvP goes. Nobody cares if someone pays money to "win" PvE. So it works out in that regard.

mkenyon

Banned
That's not "competition". Which is fine because Archeage is not "good".

Fortunately BnS has a normalized arena which is a real esport in Korea. So this game will never be P2W as far as PvP goes. Nobody cares if someone pays money to "win" PvE. So it works out in that regard.
That's what I'm saying.

If it's an RNG box for some cosmetic, I just don't see the harm. If people want to dump their money into it, let them.

That RNG box is disgusting. I understand that the game and all future content is completely free and they have to make their money somewhere but this feels like a slap in the face to paying customers that are supporting the game through store purchases and premium memberships. There should at least be an option to directly buy the outfit at a higher price or make it available to premium members for purchase directly. Outside of the wardrobe, which should really be free to all members, the benefits of premium membership are not that good.

The idea that future outfits could be locked behind RNG boxes is appalling. Not spending one cent on this garbage.

NCSoft is going to ruin this game aren't they?

Kintaro

That RNG box is disgusting. I understand that the game and all future content is completely free and they have to make their money somewhere but this feels like a slap in the face to paying customers that are supporting the game through store purchases and premium memberships. There should at least be an option to directly buy the outfit at a higher price or make it available to premium members for purchase directly. Outside of the wardrobe, which should really be free to all members, the benefits of premium membership are not that good.

The idea that future outfits could be locked behind RNG boxes is appalling. Not spending one cent on this garbage.

You're kind of jumping to conclusions pretty quickly aren't you?

mkenyon

Banned

It's a fucking costume that has zero impact on gameplay. Take a deep breath and think about it for a moment.

Hoplatee

I really wish FMs would stop using auto-detonate on LMB.

Oh god yes. This is horrible. I'm glad you can pick the option to join a dungeon without the same classes. But yeah, Supply 24 and stuff can be so frustrating. Oh well, less chance on 'tanking' then! ^.^

As for the whole costume thing... I'd feel it would be accepted a little bit more if costumes were account wide.

Not that I personally care all that much about it all though.

Razzorn34

It's a fucking costume that has zero impact on gameplay. Take a deep breath and think about it for a moment.

Have you looked through this thread? Many people are big into the game because of the costumes. Whether they have a real effect on gameplay or not doesn't matter. Devs prey on people that love looks only because they can get away with it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
marvel heroes does the same thing, lock some hero costumes behind a fortune card which is a rng card with vary things from xp buffs to crafting items to exclusive costumes, its expected in a free to play game to be honest. and in some aspects its worse in marvel heroes because the costumes are based on the ones in the comics, so say you like scarlet witch one of her costumes could be entirely locked behind a fortune card. it sucks but blade and soul isnt the first to do this and im sure itll get worse

Sorian

Banned

It's the most predatory form of f2p which is already saying something. It preys on the gambling impulse but with the added benefit that the "win" state is still a loss.

It'll only happen if they never put the costume up for sale. Do we really they won't? It'll be gone forever?

Could come back next winter... as more RNG boxes. I mean they don't really have an incentive to put the costume up for sale, rare costumes are valued more, so leaving it on RNG boxes even if the boxes come back later on is a better decision, in terms of profit. It means more people will be tempted to buy the boxes and since the odds aren't very good, they'll most likely pay more than what they'd pay if the costume had a fixed cost.

You also can't buy the boxes with hongmoon coins and the costume isn't tradeable, so there's that.

That said I don't care too much since it's a costume and what not, I just feel I'm pretty sure I saw a NCsoft representative state that the reason we had different shit than Taiwan(and by different I mean worse, only 2char slots and no wardrobe) was specifically so we wouldn't get these type of boxes(and chinese P2W legendary weapons). Maybe I dreamed it though cause I can't find it anymore.

The char slots is really all I'm annoyed about, 2 isn't enough, and while I did get one for free because apparently they forgot to remove it from my mail from beta or something, I'd like more so I can mess around with random classes I haven't played yet like FM and Destroyer.

On the other hand, the char slots aren't too expensive, so I might just buy a couple.

I've ignored the store completely and had a fine time. Let dumb people waste money.
This is an equally ignorant statement. If they have the money to spend and want to spend it then why not. They're only idiots if they're putting themselves in financial jeopardy.

K.Sabot

It's one of those things that if it was there at the beginning of the game, it would have been better because if you have those impulse / gambling disorders you could have looked at the game with no investment and quit then.

But adding them in as people have invested into the game and their characters, that really tickles people psychologically.

Hoplatee

I just want to be able to craft when mats are in the secondary bank slot. It's such a hassle to take things out all the time.

Hadoukie

So are they even going to put in the gold exchange system? Why the hell was it taken out in the first place?

Really starting to get annoyed by this shit.

BTW who do I contact for a clan invite on Mushin?

Top Bottom