• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Sorian

Banned
I meant in the world itself. NPCs, characters, etc.

They're all martial artists, why would they be wearing bulky armor of any type?

I understand the desire for less fan service (well I don't really) but this isn't an "armor" game.

Edit: You weren't arguing this point, sorry for quoting you, guess this is for Disxo more

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
They're all martial artists, why would they be wearing bulky armor of any type?

I understand the desire for less fan service (well I don't really) but this isn't an "armor" game.

Edit: You weren't arguing this point, sorry for quoting you, guess this is for Disxo more

It's all good. Again, the only ones I see with armor are the Talus. Those Gladiator looking dudes in the PvP area with shields in Misty Woods.

Disxo

Hhmm yeah I see your point, Im not against fan service and dont want to start a discussion about it tbh.
But I believe we need more stuff like these if we are talking about martial artists:
69c7b2d06ce57c340fcae4857cc4f1de.jpg

Edit:
Or like the existing beast hunter outfit

That's kind of what I did when making mine (Just started)

Wanted to make a Destroyer first and achieve some kind of huge looking character, but that's not really possible the way I wanted it, as it lacks an option to make the character even remotely muscular looking.

So I kept the glorious thighs and backside and went with a Force-master ;)

Thing is, looking at the average character population going 'big' is a way to make your character stand-out.

Looks awesome :) I saw a few characters where they were shrunk to the size of a Lyn, probably less even, but they were still proportionate to humans. They looked like shrunk mannequins lol

Talking about the costume contest, still a bit "salty" mine didn't win D:

It looks fabulous, but there's no butt window for the Gon. That's my guess :p

Kudo

Sold all Soulstones and sitting at 15g now, think I will wait few days for Moonwater Stones to drop in price and then get my weapon some upgrades.
Probably should start looking for 4-man group for Pohwaran to get her outfit after my weapon is good enough.

Kintaro

Hhmm yeah I see your point, Im not against fan service and dont want to start a discussion about it tbh.
But I believe we need more stuff like these if we are talking about martial artists:

Edit:

I'm down with that. A spear wielding class would be super boss too! =D

Ferrio

Banned
So equipment/soul shields are completely worthless in arena right? Just asking because I fought a blade dancer the other day and every single CC I tried to use on him was resisted. Do they have any sorta defense raising ability or something?

ShinMaruku

Spins can only be countered by knock downs, you have to save and time your attacks to knock them down to force their tab then you do 3rf and watch them die.

Ferrio

Banned
Spins can only be countered by knock downs, you have to save and time your attacks to knock them down to force their tab then you do 3rf and watch them die.

Spins, what? I'm saying I couldn't knock them down period because everytime I tried it would resist. Also no 3rf yet :(

ShinMaruku

They might have their tab escapes up. I knock down those spinny fuckers all the time. It depends if you skill also has peirces guard and reflect. Check your skill tree.

Edit:

I mean, I am all for more diverse options but if you look at the wuxia genre in general it's pretty rare for them to be wearing armor at all. It's almost entirely cloth based attire, and in that sense I don't think the game is that far out of line. Your examples aren't really how martial artists are portrayed in wuxia, they are how common/low-skilled soldiers are portrayed. Talus is actually a good example of them fitting that mold pretty well.

I still want more diversity though.

Ferrio

Banned
Maybe you attacked them when they had their guardian tempest up?

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. Though it's on a 45 second cooldown, so couldn't account for all the cases.

But anyways, my original question that never got answered. Equipment and soul shields don't matter right? There's no outside factors other than what skills you have obtained?

Sorian

Banned
Thank you, this is what I was looking for. Though it's on a 45 second cooldown, so couldn't account for all the cases.

But anyways, my original question that never got answered. Equipment and soul shields don't matter right? There's no outside factors other than what skills you have obtained?

Correct, arena PVP sets everyone to the same stats.

ShinMaruku

That skill is one of their escapes. All stats are somewhat equalized there are class differences and different skills.

Ferrio

Banned
I haven't taken a look at the combat log really, does it detail why an attack was resisted, blocked etc? I don't mind losing, but I really would like to know what I'm losing to.

Kintaro

New Winter RNG boxes in the shop. They have a chance to drop a nice (on Lyn Males) looking coat! =D

Edit: Being sick fucking sucks. =/ Farming pvp tokens for new costume though. =x

yaffi

I really start getting into inventory space trouble.

I tend to keep too many soul shield pieces around. There's also stuff I have no idea of if I'll ever need it.

MikeyMike

Question : If I get premium for a single month, do I keep wardrobe permanently? I don't usually care about cosmetic stuff but some of the costumes are pretty decent looking and my storage space is hurting.

I find it dumb to lock Wardrobe and Mail behind a paywall :(

Thulius

Question : If I get premium for a single month, do I keep wardrobe permanently? I don't usually care about cosmetic stuff but some of the costumes are pretty decent looking and my storage space is hurting.

Anything you have in storage will stay in storage after premium runs out. You can pull stuff out at any time, but you won't be able to put anything in without subscribing again.

It's the worst.

Quonny

It is dumb.

They need to have a $20 (or whatever) "convenience" pack.

- Wardrobe
- Mail
- Put more items on the Marketplace

That's it. I'd pay $20 for that to have it all unlocked forever.

Disxo

Korean MMOs aren't for you.

I hear TESO might have what you're looking for though. Or SWTOR.
Nonono, I love this game that was just some kind of critique I made mainly because this is one of the first korean mmos I played, but nothing else, thanks for the suggestion though.

MikeyMike

Anything you have in storage will stay in storage after premium runs out. You can pull stuff out at any time, but you won't be able to put anything in without subscribing again.

It's the worst.

Thanks for the response. Will not go for premium then... don't play enough to justify this purchase.

Fun game tho... I had my doubts while playing Summoner but as much as I suck with Assassin, I find it way more satisfying.

It's the worst.

I should actually do this because I basically have 20 outfit items sitting in storage or my inventory.

How is that a bright side? Moonwater stones were such a good way to make money.

The majority of players benefit when their weapon upgrades aren't walled off by scarcity of these stones.

Fortunately it seems they were only trying to stall players a few weeks until Mushin's Tower and Nightshade Harbor were ready, so stones should hopefully become plentiful soon.

Sorian

Banned
The majority of players benefit when their weapon upgrades aren't walled off by scarcity of these stones.

Fortunately it seems they were only trying to stall players a few weeks until Mushin's Tower and Nightshade Harbor were ready, so stones should hopefully become plentiful soon.

Obviously, I don't care about the majority of players. :p

EDarkness

I ran a couple of dungeons yesterday and honestly, I have no idea what's going on. People just run in and before I even knew what was going on the whole event is over and I'm the only one in the dungeon. No idea if any loot dropped, though there was this bid window that popped up, but I wasn't sure what that was. I just passed since I didn't think I'd use whatever crafting material showed up.

Also, I'm at the point where my weapon needs to evolve, but it looks like it requires another weapon to do it. Is that right? I have the ore (or whatever it is) and using another weapon doesn't seem to work, so I'm going to assume that it requires the weapon listed. I've never seen it anywhere and it looks to be a purple weapon as well. I haven't been able to change the look of the weapon either since so many blue weapons I get can't be used as a vanity item. I'm kinda bummed out.

Top Bottom