• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Here is a bad screenie of my Gon Destroyer.

Funny thing, I slide the chest down as far as I could, kept some junk in the trunk and some nice thighs/arms. Then made her pretty short (which is still pretty tall).

I like the way she turned out. Destroyer is fun. I need SDBurton's lvling secrets.

The soups! The soups are the key! That, and I sped through every dialogue and skipped every cutscene. :lol

Person

>when u about to unleash a 4 stack sizzler but they launch the boss into the air and the timer runs out

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

/╲/\╭༼ಥДಥ༽╮/\╱\

NeOak

Cash shop RNG? Fuck that.

This should just be illegal, it is gambling targeting the minors.

New Winter RNG boxes in the shop. They have a chance to drop a nice (on Lyn Males) looking coat! =D

Edit: Being sick fucking sucks. =/ Farming pvp tokens for new costume though. =x

Didn't take long for them to add RNG boxes that they said were the reason we weren't getting free wardrobe and more chat slots. That's really scummy. I don't care so much that RNG boxes exist as I don't really buy costumes to begin with, but the fact they removed features from the game so we wouldn't get these, and then they add them, feels like they robbed me of having more char slots.

RNG boxes with exclusive outfits... wow they really did it.

You guys didn't play TERA. Welcome to K-F2P.

That RNG box is disgusting. I understand that the game and all future content is completely free and they have to make their money somewhere but this feels like a slap in the face to paying customers that are supporting the game through store purchases and premium memberships. There should at least be an option to directly buy the outfit at a higher price or make it available to premium members for purchase directly. Outside of the wardrobe, which should really be free to all members, the benefits of premium membership are not that good.

The idea that future outfits could be locked behind RNG boxes is appalling. Not spending one cent on this garbage.

NCSoft is going to ruin this game aren't they?
You did play TERA!

To be fair, TERA only made the dyable versions RNG. You can buy regular versions of the outfits from the cash shop too.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So are they even going to put in the gold exchange system? Why the hell was it taken out in the first place?

Really starting to get annoyed by this shit.

BTW who do I contact for a clan invite on Mushin?

Welcome back CBT'er! What's your name in-game?

Here an updated link to our Discord Server for anyone that wants to chill and chat with us. :D

To be honest the ass window outfit is the only one I need and I have it so I'm good although I do want to get the Wish outfit also. I'm trying to hold out and buy it with hongmoon coins but the venture token drop rate is horrendous

I'm always scared in using such items because i think "Maybe I need them later" :D

Well with Hongmoon levels I'm pretty sure they're not gonna be wasted anyway. Can always pop them and grind for 30mins for like half a buble of a level ^^. Or can use them for 50rush, although I don't really know if there's good grinding spots for them.

The soups do make leveling quite a bit faster, especially if you buy some and not just use the 2 free ones, but you can hit cap pretty quick when you know what you're doing especially now that there's less people leveling. Best is leveling off prime time hours though, I leveled my summoner during the night the last few days and quite often I'd get to a questing spot and there would be absolutely no one. So you can just get the quest done in one or two pulls, instead of having to wait 2-3mins because of slow spawns and people competing for stuff.

Best use of soups imo is when you get to the desert in cinderlands, you go to that cave that has 2 exits in the southeast part of the desert(jackal hideout or whatever) and just farm there, can do the whole thing in 2pulls of 15-20mobs, it goes super fast till like lvl 30-31 or so(need 2 or more soups for it to be really good though). Then you basically skip the entire desert questing, which is incredibly inefficient due to the large distance between every mob. That saves you like 3hours I wanna say, on an under 20hours leveling process.

I have a question about some skills in my skill menu. There are moves like sidestep/dodge that are listed as double tap left/right, and one for a glide drop that's double tap down. But I can't execute the moves.

Do I unlock these later on in the game?

In Korea, the costumes in the RNG boxes were made available to buy later on. I expect the same here, especially since the box is a limited time item. People who have no self control can get fleeced if they want. The rest of us can wait.

Earlier today:

"This game is amazing"
"Hit 45 I love this"
"This combat in an mmo? Hell yeah"

Now:

"MOM THEY PUT A COSTUME IN AN RNG BOX!! Not fair!!!"

Same game and company people were loving are now trash and disgusting? You're playing for free off the backs of people who actually spend money. I don't get some of you. No one is forcing this on you. And people said the costumes become available later. Just wait it out. Smh.

docbon

Pretty sure most of the people posting in this thread have purchased premium and/or bought non-rng outfits from the store but don't let that stop you.

Also

JNxqbxY.jpg

Shoving crafted endgame materials in there as well will surely do wonders for the economy.

I have a question about some skills in my skill menu. There are moves like sidestep/dodge that are listed as double tap left/right, and one for a glide drop that's double tap down. But I can't execute the moves.

Do I unlock these later on in the game?

Dash left/right aren't in the game, I don't think they're in the game in korea either, it's just some of the unreleased stuff(a bunch of hongmoon skills are like that too, they're in the tree but aren't released yet). Glide drop is Dive? I don't have a Glide Drop on my chars, but I have Dive, you get it in Cinderlands.

shoving crafted endgame materials in there as welll will surely do wonders for the economy.

I think that's fine, drives the prices down, makes stuff more accessible. Soulstones going down is overall good for everyone, you get less money per daillies but the stuff you have to buy also goes down so it makes the money you get other than soulstones more valuable.

Ferrio

Banned
Same game and company people were loving are now trash and disgusting? You're playing for free off the backs of people who actually spend money. I don't get some of you. No one is forcing this on you. And people said the costumes become available later. Just wait it out. Smh.

It's a disgusting practice, doesn't matter if I don't partake. Legalized gambling where the house never has to pay out.

Ashodin

Feels like the result of the game's population dropping and players leaving because of how the endgame is. Gotta retain those players somehow!

Dash left/right aren't in the game, I don't think they're in the game in korea either, it's just some of the unreleased stuff(a bunch of hongmoon skills are like that too, they're in the tree but aren't released yet). Glide drop is Dive? I don't have a Glide Drop on my chars, but I have Dive, you get it in Cinderlands.

Really? It's not even in Korea

Pretty sure most of the people posting in this thread have purchased premium and/or bought non-rng outfits from the store but don't let that stop you.

Also

Shoving crafted endgame materials in there as well will surely do wonders for the economy.

I'm fine with it if it drives my Moonwater Transformation Stone prices down.

NeOak

Also

If you don't get the outfit, at least you get usable things.

But yeah, the RNG boxes are shitty because once most people have gotten the outfit, sometimes you can't find them anymore at the auction house/marketplace and so you need to spend actual money and gamble instead of using gold.

EME allows for real money to EMP (their shop currency) trade so you can trade gold to a player with a cash shop item in return. Killed pretty much all gold sellers in TERA.

docbon

I think that's fine, drives the prices down, makes stuff more accessible. Soulstones going down is overall good for everyone, you get less money per daillies but the stuff you have to buy also goes down so it makes the money you get other than soulstones more valuable.

I guess my main beef with it is that it sidesteps the whole crafting system that they set up in order to make more money from their players.

Seil

Some people just dislike this particular practice in general. And it's not like it's only people playing for free that are upset. It's a completely valid concern, and it's pretty apparent that glossing over stuff like this just leads to more of it or worse, so I'm always baffled that people continue to act like it's no big deal all the time.

There's acceptable ways to deal with f2p, and shitty ways. Gacha systems tend to exploit people with addictive natures. Not to mention the shit you can already buy is overpriced, especially considering it's character bound. $10-15 for an outfit isn't unheard of in MMOs, no, but they're also usually account bound in modern MMOs at that price.

Hell, they've even taken a feature that's freely available in other versions, the wardrobe, and put it behind a subscription here.

I don't really care all that much about the RNG box, but I see where people are coming from. I entirely expected this kind of gacha system to pop up here, though. And I've had no praise for the game or NCSoft when it comes to monetization from the start. I know what I'm getting into with basically any of these publishers, and f2p MMOs in general. Doesn't mean I like it, though.

This is words in someone else's mouth if I've ever seen it

I don't like it either but the game's fun enough for me to keep playing

if people are sure the costumes are out later, that's okay with me

No. It's a question of principles. To which he answered above.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm still waiting for the quote from NCSoft saying they wouldn't do this. I haven't found it on my own. If they said this, they should be called out. If these RNG boxes have been a known thing before the game hit the West, not sure where the shock comes from.

Have NCS confirmed that they would be available later? You can't base our version on other regions as clearly there are already many distinct differences.

I have a Master Founder Pack, Premium, and have already purchased plenty of stuff from the store. I like the game quite a bit.

That doesn't change the fact that this is a shitty practice. If it doesn't bother some people and they are happy to ignore it then that's fine but it's a legitimate concern.

Yushi

whast up with the boxes craze...its not p2w at all...specially with Zen Bens coming next wednesday...

if you seriously whine because of the RNG costume...

Lol

Have NCS confirmed that they would be available later? You can't base our version on other regions as clearly there are already many distinct differences.

I have a Master Founder Pack, Premium, and have already purchased plenty of stuff from the store. I like the game quite a bit.

same here. i also like the game, a lot a lot. enough to question those who say the company has become trash for doing this.

That doesn't change the fact that this is a shitty practice. If it doesn't bother some people and they are happy to ignore it then that's fine but it's a legitimate concern.

what is the concern? that all outfits will be thrown behind an RNG wall? if/when that happens, ill pitchfork with the masses.
the poster above said its gambling. which it is. they threw a gacha system in a free mmo...this isnt a new practice. why is the implementation so much worse here?

I guess my main beef with it is that it sidesteps the whole crafting system that they set up in order to make more money from their players.

You only get materials, not crafted stuff. Materials are weird because we just started the game, we didn't have several years of stocking up on stuff and what not so our prices are very high compared to what they should be. We're also missing ways to acquire some of the items(soulstones from arenas). I think it's a way to accelerate the process of the prices stabilizing, especially with the much higher demand due to literally everyone needing the items at the same time.

It isn't too different than buying gold with NCoins which is coming anyway, and generating materials that aren't actually gathered(so not competing with legit player gathering stuff) but instead gated by time mechanics is, I think, a good thing for the economy. Just sucks if you bought 500soulstones for 35silvers in the past few days to make bank next weekend and they're now 30silvers.

Also by making it temporary, you don't run into the issue where they'll be devalued too much, hopefully.

arimanius

what is the concern? that all outfits will be thrown behind an RNG wall? if/when that happens, ill pitchfork with the masses.
the poster above said its gambling. which it is. they threw a gacha system in a free mmo...this isnt a new practice. why is the implementation so much worse here?

I think the main issue is with everything they've stripped out of the free version and now this, it's starting to feel like a money grab.

Seil

It doesn't have to be worse to be a shitty practice. "They did it so it's fine that we do too" is a horrible mentality. And at the end of the day, when people overlook it, they just try to push the limits more. Pre-order bonuses, day 1 dlc, all this shit gets progressively worse, when it started as nothing. Because people just pass it off as normal, even though it wasn't a little over a decade ago.

Add on top of that that the value proposition just isn't there for anything they offer, and that they've moved standard stuff behind paywalls for our version, AND that they're known for fucking up in other games.... What was that house not long after WildStar went f2p? I think it was like $40, for a limited time house, that was a single use consumable so if you ever wanted to replace it... @_@ jesus christ.

Azzurri

SO I was having a hellva a problem installing the game. I guess the client doesn't come with the NCsoft launcher, so i finally figureds that I needed that to get BnS to instal and run

Top Bottom