• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Yeah the premium is awful. I really wish I only got the student pack. The backlash is legit imo. I like to play the game, but they are not making me want to give them any more money (past character slots).

The costumes (not account bound) / weapon skins (one time use) are poorly implemented too.

Started playing again last night. Did pinchy's, got the outfit onthe first or so roll.

ILzgZmm.jpg

XYr9ujI.jpg

yaffi

Not caving in and buying any kind of pack before release and enduring the queues was well worth it; to me at least.

This way I'm not salty/angry about anything NCSoft is doing, since I literally didn't put a single cent into the game.

More classes they could add to the game based on what's in there enemy wise:

Spear Master

Sword and Shield Master

Gun Master

Yeah the premium is awful. I really wish I only got the student pack. The backlash is legit imo. I like to play the game, but they are not making me want to give them any more money (past character slots).

The costumes (not account bound) / weapon skins (one time use) are poorly implemented too.

They should have done it like GW2 does. Armor/Weapon skins are stored and free to everyone I think, although applying armor skin to a piece does cost something if I remember correctly.

I like that you can change your outfit freely in this.

What they need to do is make costumes account bound, open the wardrobe to free players, make a weapon section in the wardrobe so you can store weapon skins in there.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm assuming most them find the gacha/gambling system with the boxes to be fairly repugnant.

The costumes in the cash shop are fine but gambling boxes are lame as fuck.

None of that was new though. Other countries did the same so that info was out there. I mean, if you don't like it, that's fine. But it wasn't an unknown. No one can find that NCSoft quote either that said they wouldn't do it.

The Premium differences I can see though.

No one is happy with any MMO nowadays it seems. I find this game (w/premium) to be leaps and bounds more interesting and fun than FFXIV, especially after HW and that's pay to play with no wardrobe and you have to pay for expanded inventory (retainers) per month too. With Cash Shop! lol =/

Eh.

None of that was new though. Other countries did the same so that info was out there. I mean, if you don't like it, that's fine. But it wasn't an unknown. No one can find that NCSoft quote either that said they wouldn't do it.

No one is happy with any MMO nowadays it seems. I find this game (w/premium) to be leaps and bounds more interesting and fun than FFXIV, especially after HW and that's pay to play with no wardrobe and you have to pay for expanded inventory (retainers) per month too. With Cash Shop! lol =/

Eh.

The game is still good, and people absolutely losing their shit over this isn't really unexpected, nor something that I warrant someone should do over putting down their points in a concise post, but my guess is at least some of the worry is going to come from what they're going to do next.

I read the China server has some pay to win weapons for example that apparently blow up what you can get ingame. I can see that causing some issues, like people getting kicked out of parties for not having cash shop weapons and making open world PvP more lame when you go up against someone with these weapons.

It's also possible this is as far as they'll go and there's not really anything to worry about after. We'll just have to wait and see.

In the mean time, play on.

Hoplatee

Gave in, starting summoner. I'm looking forward to finding some boots.

If only my feet could blind any enemy that try to attack me.

I did as well. I just had to.

But that race has some insane hairstyle clipping issues. Body, clothes, everywhere. It is a shame because the cute ones all clip. Might not bother some but would drive me crazy.

But oh well she's lvl 15 and am enjoying it alot!

Quite odd coming from Gon Female. No uhm... boobs & ass and stuff haha

Fuz

Banned
The game is still good, and people absolutely losing their shit over this isn't really unexpected, nor something that I warrant someone should do over putting down their points in a concise post, but my guess is at least some of the worry is going to come from what they're going to do next.

I read the China server has some pay to win weapons for example that apparently blow up what you can get ingame. I can see that causing some issues, like people getting kicked out of parties for not having cash shop weapons and making open world PvP more lame when you go up against someone with these weapons.

It's also possible this is as far as they'll go and there's not really anything to worry about after. We'll just have to wait and see.

In the mean time, play on.

I think it's really stupid being angry for a RNG costume while there are way more reasons to be pissed at nc.
Censorship, limited inventory, limited character slots, wardrobe...
I myself am not gonna give them a cent because of those reasons.
And just to be clear: I've spent a lot of money in other games with a less scummy business model (League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, The Secret World and so on), I'm not a freeloader.

Eh.
Same here. I'm premium and not gonna complain about them sticking useless costumes behind rng. I mean I like the costumes and all and see myself paying for one in the future if it's good enough but if doesn't have any impact on game play then I won't cry foul over this.

I think it's really stupid being angry for a RNG costume while there are way more reasons to be pissed at nc.
Censorship, limited inventory, limited character slots, wardrobe...
I myself am not gonna give them a cent because of those reasons.
And just to be clear: I've spent a lot of money in other games with a less scummy business model (League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, The Secret World and so on), I'm not a freeloader.

People are pissed about that stuff too, it's just that this just popped up the other day so the rage is fresh.

Sölf

Why did I try to get Brilliant Pentagonal Gems? In 5 tries I got 2. At least one of those I could use, the other one was crap. D:

silly question: how do i get to misty woods? im 45, 28k HP with supply chain shields. when i try to run south to misty woods, im blocked by walls in some camps. im not done with the story. and since its updating i cant even see what chapter im in. last i remember doing was going into the monkey cave.

Chariot

silly question: how do i get to misty woods? im 45, 28k HP with supply chain shields. when i try to run south to misty woods, im blocked by walls in some camps. im not done with the story. and since its updating i cant even see what chapter im in. last i remember doing was going into the monkey cave.
You need to follow the story. You can only Windstride to the Misty Woods. Not long after the monkey.

So. Upgrade for +7 damage. Seems worth it
For 18 gold and lotta mats? No thank you, I am going to stockpile now for the content patch.

ShinMaruku

LOL we're getting the sexy Valentine costumes.

And they're uncensored.

Why did you think we were not. The whole 'censorship' thing was overblown.Aside from that quest there is no evidence. But I can't blame people for not trusting the company who thought wildstar would be a hit.

Have to do the story.

Quonny

Saying they're uncensored is just saying they're uncensored.

There is literally no hint of surprise in my post. The LOL was in reference to those that were happy that we weren't getting the costumes, hence why it was before the whole post.

Doesn't sound too hot to me. I rather upgrade my bling first.

What if I told you it increased your DPS by TEN TIMES of oh... point twenty six percent of your damage?

Some may say that's 260% extra damage. But they'd be wrong. It's SO MORE MORE of a deviation from that number.

Damn didn't think True Siren was that crappy, I expected a small jump but still a jump, this looks like a downgrade with the lower crit dmg proc, lower focus recovery and equal other stats just for a bit of attack power. I guess the main point is that once True Siren, you can upgrade to Pirate next patch, which hopefully is a bigger jump than this.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
sign up for chance to play destroyer in our beta hahahahahahhahahha looool stream

Eh.

What's crazy is there are so many daily activities I can participate in at endgame right now, much more than FFXIV has. With my limited free time after work, I actually have to pick and choose what I'll do today because I don't have time to do everything. FFXIV is such a disaster at endgame after HW, I still don't know what the hell they were thinking.

And this is before they add Bloodshade/Nightshade Harbor and Mushin's Tower in a few days.

What's crazy is there are so many daily activities I can participate in at endgame right now, much more than FFXIV has. With my limited free time after work, I actually have to pick and choose what I'll do today because I don't have time to do everything. FFXIV is such a disaster at endgame after HW, I still don't know what the hell they were thinking.

And this is before they add Bloodshade/Nightshade Harbor and Mushin's Tower in a few days.

Yeah there's a lot of daily stuff. It's not super interesting for the most part, but it'll get better next patch. Kinda looking forward to doing Mushin on my Blademaster as a daily, instead of the PvP shit. I don't know if they mentionned on stream if they're adding soulstones for beans, but I hope they do so I don't HAVE to do the pvp daillies because they're worth so much money, shit's annoying, if I don't have to wait for Kit to spawn ever again, it'll be too soon.

Also them 5skill points sounds so good to make a build that doesn't suck as much on my BM(and make KFM better). On the other hand, I have no idea what I'm gonna get on my Summoner with 5points, I already have everything I want I feel.

Yeah there's a lot of daily stuff. It's not super interesting for the most part, but it'll get better next patch. Kinda looking forward to doing Mushin on my Blademaster as a daily, instead of the PvP shit. I don't know if they mentionned on stream if they're adding soulstones for beans, but I hope they do so I don't HAVE to do the pvp daillies because they're worth so much money, shit's annoying, if I don't have to wait for Kit to spawn ever again, it'll be too soon.

Also them 5skill points sounds so good to make a build that doesn't suck as much on my BM(and make KFM better). On the other hand, I have no idea what I'm gonna get on my Summoner with 5points, I already have everything I want I feel.

Well we are crazy OP compared to how the Koreans were at their launch, so a lot of the daily stuff we have now is easily brute forced with sheer DPS. That will quickly change as we catch up with Korea, especially at 50. I want to see what happens when Assassins can no longer treat everything like training dummies just by being in stealth and Destroyers can't just spin for 5 minutes until everything is dead. EZ Mode can't end soon enough for some classes.

cHinzo

Looks like Blade Masters are getting some nice buffs next patch. Hype! Still need to find time and motivation to farm for the costume that I want. Doing all those dailies is exhausting.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Destroyer is becoming very boring for me.

Blade master looked n seemed fun when i played but kept being told its a tank class whicj is a nope for me

Summoner just isnt my type at all.

Same with assasin not my type.

Blade dancer ??

Force master ??

Kung fu is nope from me too.

Top Bottom