• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Destroyer is becoming very boring for me.

Blade master looked n seemed fun when i played but kept being told its a tank class whicj is a nope for me

Summoner just isnt my type at all.

Same with assasin not my type.

Blade dancer ??

Force master ??

Kung fu is nope from me too.
.... Fire Emblem comes out soon?

Destroyer is becoming very boring for me.

Blade master looked n seemed fun when i played but kept being told its a tank class whicj is a nope for me

Summoner just isnt my type at all.

Same with assasin not my type.

Blade dancer ??

Force master ??

Kung fu is nope from me too.

The Blade Master tank bit comes from the block and some of their moves that can be specced to increase Threat on enemies.

You're still doing cool shit with them.

Including the iaido/draw stance part which is probably the coolest thing about them just right above the Unlimited Blade Works part.

I'm kind of wondering if I should have made my main a Blade Master instead of Kung Fu Master actually.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The Blade Master tank bit comes from the block and some of their moves that can be specced to increase Threat on enemies.

Including the iaido/draw stance part which is probably the coolest thing about them just right above the Unlimited Blade Works part.

I'm kind of wondering if I should have made my main a Blade Master instead of Kung Fu Master actually.

Oh the block was awesome didnt think thats what people meant by tank.

Its either bm or force master. Im thinking more on blade master now it was so engaging playing them before

I have both but imo KFM is miles more fun and better. Blade Master feels clunky as shit quite often and boring most of the time, and you can't solo daillies and stuff as fast cause it has pretty poor aoe other than the big cooldowns. It's also surprisingly harder to tank properly with it than KFM, because of the small iframes on the dodges while KFM on the other hand has crazy long iframes on dodges so even if you miss the timing a bit you'll still dodge the stuff.

It looks cool, but it feels meh. I leveled BM first on live cause I played one to 25 in beta and kinda liked it and thought I'd like it better than KFM at 45 which I had leveled in beta, but basically as soon as I hit 45 I rerolled to KFM and had a lot more fun leveling.

As for tanking, both are considered tanks. In our current version with the power difference, it really doesn't matter who's tanking or whatever, but eventually, BM and KFM are one of either in a group, and they're expected to tank. Tanking is a lot harder than normal stuff though, because on top of having to do most mechanics, you also need to deal with the boss normal frontal attacks that everyone else ignores. It generally just means quick blocks and dodges here and there, but it requires more focus than other classes. Not sure how long until we get content that actually is challenging enough that you can't have a cat tank it though.

Tabby

I hate how the Ember Stacks are shared. It's impossible to get the Burn debuff off when you're playing with another FM.
Why?

I have both but imo KFM is miles more fun and better. Blade Master feels clunky as shit quite often and boring most of the time, and you can't solo daillies and stuff as fast cause it has pretty poor aoe other than the big cooldowns. It's also surprisingly harder to tank properly with it than KFM, because of the small iframes on the dodges while KFM on the other hand has crazy long iframes on dodges so even if you miss the timing a bit you'll still dodge the stuff.

It looks cool, but it feels meh. I leveled BM first on live cause I played one to 25 in beta and kinda liked it and thought I'd like it better than KFM at 45 which I had leveled in beta, but basically as soon as I hit 45 I rerolled to KFM and had a lot more fun leveling.

As for tanking, both are considered tanks. In our current version with the power difference, it really doesn't matter who's tanking or whatever, but eventually, BM and KFM are one of either in a group, and they're expected to tank. Tanking is a lot harder than normal stuff though, because on top of having to do most mechanics, you also need to deal with the boss normal frontal attacks that everyone else ignores. It generally just means quick blocks and dodges here and there, but it requires more focus than other classes. Not sure how long until we get content that actually is challenging enough that you can't have a cat tank it though.

I like BM and KFM pretty equally. Although BM definitely has a leg up because of the iaido/flying swords stuff which I like a lot.

So would you say content that requires tanking from a BM or KFM plays out much like Tera? I played a Warrior in that game and it had some of the most interesting combat when it comes to how group content plays out mainly because the Warrior was a dodge tank, so instead of just standing and taking hits you had to watch enemy tells and use iframes on your dodge to avoid damage from the boss.

I'm actually kind of missing that game right now because I just remember how good the combat is.

Ploid 3.0

Tera combat is so good, and yes the tanking felt good. I last played a healer and that felt interesting even at low levels in the dungeons. Gunner felt so over powered.

Isn't the composer for this game a Japanese?

I don't know. I can't even remember what the music sound like in this game other than dungeon or boss music. I'm usually grinding with sound off lately. I'll be checking now but if the music is very good they need to play it more often.

Just checked a youtube. The music is very traditional and high end Japanese background music. It sounds good, but more moody than JRPG whimsical upbeat style, especially Persona. I can always have a Persona soundtrack playing in the background, but Persona MMO, or just Persona 4, I actually forgot that game is coming out soon (hopefully).

I like BM and KFM pretty equally. Although BM definitely has a leg up because of the iaido/flying swords stuff which I like a lot.

So would you say content that requires tanking from a BM or KFM plays out much like Tera? I played a Warrior in that game and it had some of the most interesting combat when it comes to how group content plays out mainly because the Warrior was a dodge tank, so instead of just standing and taking hits you had to watch enemy tells and use iframes on your dodge to avoid damage from the boss.

I'm actually kind of missing that game right now because I just remember how good the combat is.

Well if you play a KFM solo doing bosses and stuff, like that daily with the big guy in Misty woods, or world bosses, that's how it plays. Pretty much the expectation is that the boss is attacking you, not someone else, so you have to deal with their normal targetted stuff on top of normal mechanics, like when you're soloing. Other classes just sit in the back wailing at stuff and only dodging the mechanics, which is a lot easier.

It does play a bit like TERA tanks, not necessarily just the dodges, both "tanks" have blocks too, although the KFM block is a 1.5secs counter so you need to time it right, while the BM can just block like the Lancer could(or Warrior later on I believe). No actual limit in fact unlike TERA, if the boss doesn't have abilities that go through block, you can just stand there spamming blocks every 3seconds forever and not take any damage. Obviously you're not generating any threat and every boss has stuff that goes through block. For that stuff you need to iframe dodge it in most cases, which is where it becomes closer to warrior tanking stuff.

To take the current example of "endgame" PvE, Poharan has a bunch of different patterns and you only deal with all of them if you're the tank. She has phases with mechanics that everyone has to deal with like avoid the fire and such but the rest of the time, she's constantly attacking the tank with super strong moves that will kill you quickly if you fail to handle them.

She goes like near instant unblockable daze(have to iframe it and mostly use it based on her animation rather than the ground telegraph), followed by a charge grab which can be blocked/countered(but if you're dazed by the previous move, you're getting grabbed), which does about 15-20k damage(with people having 30k health pools or so), followed by a backdash into a cone aoe that dazes(can be blocked or you can walk out of it). She keeps doing these, and generally failling the first move will forces you to use cooldowns to get out of the daze before the grab, and failling to do so will get you killed.

So the tank constantly has to be doing that stuff(backdash into block into block/dodge), while everyone else just chases her around. Ranged chars don't even have to dodge anything half the time.

One thing that I like compared to TERA however is you don't need to be like, tank speced. I mean you can put a point into the threat stuff and kinda want to, but you don't need the full defensive spec and there isn't really one anyway, and you don't need to use a specific soul shield for tanking and use tank moves that do shittier damage and a tank stance that reduces your damage. Tanking is done more naturally.

Hadoukie

Pinchy outfit got

Char.jpg

Thankfully only took within 15-20 tries.

frozencool

Neo Member
Welp it took some time but I after a good fifteen minutes of spamming the faction change button I finally turned blue. So if there's any room left in the clan or the overflow clan my IGN is Nigeki if there aren't any issues.

Well if you play a KFM solo doing bosses and stuff, like that daily with the big guy in Misty woods, or world bosses, that's how it plays. Pretty much the expectation is that the boss is attacking you, not someone else, so you have to deal with their normal targetted stuff on top of normal mechanics, like when you're soloing. Other classes just sit in the back wailing at stuff and only dodging the mechanics, which is a lot easier.

It does play a bit like TERA tanks, not necessarily just the dodges, both "tanks" have blocks too, although the KFM block is a 1.5secs counter so you need to time it right, while the BM can just block like the Lancer could(or Warrior later on I believe). No actual limit in fact unlike TERA, if the boss doesn't have abilities that go through block, you can just stand there spamming blocks every 3seconds forever and not take any damage. Obviously you're not generating any threat and every boss has stuff that goes through block. For that stuff you need to iframe dodge it in most cases, which is where it becomes closer to warrior tanking stuff.

To take the current example of "endgame" PvE, Poharan has a bunch of different patterns and you only deal with all of them if you're the tank. She has phases with mechanics that everyone has to deal with like avoid the fire and such but the rest of the time, she's constantly attacking the tank with super strong moves that will kill you quickly if you fail to handle them.

She goes like near instant unblockable daze(have to iframe it and mostly use it based on her animation rather than the ground telegraph), followed by a charge grab which can be blocked/countered(but if you're dazed by the previous move, you're getting grabbed), which does about 15-20k damage(with people having 30k health pools or so), followed by a backdash into a cone aoe that dazes(can be blocked or you can walk out of it). She keeps doing these, and generally failling the first move will forces you to use cooldowns to get out of the daze before the grab, and failling to do so will get you killed.

So the tank constantly has to be doing that stuff(backdash into block into block/dodge), while everyone else just chases her around. Ranged chars don't even have to dodge anything half the time.

One thing that I like compared to TERA however is you don't need to be like, tank speced. I mean you can put a point into the threat stuff and kinda want to, but you don't need the full defensive spec and there isn't really one anyway, and you don't need to use a specific soul shield for tanking and use tank moves that do shittier damage and a tank stance that reduces your damage. Tanking is done more naturally.

That sounds like a good tanking experience to me. Except B&S is a bit hard mode since there's no healer to pick you up if you get clipped. I also agree that not having to specifically spec as a tank is a good change. It more or less depends on your skill as opposed to letting passive stats do the job.

I'm probably going to level up a BM too since i have KFM at 45 right now and I generally tank in MMOs now.

That sounds like a good tanking experience to me. Except B&S is a bit hard mode since there's no healer to pick you up if you get clipped. I also agree that not having to specifically spec as a tank is a good change. It more or less depends on your skill as opposed to letting passive stats do the job.

I'm probably going to level up a BM too since i have KFM at 45 right now and I generally tank in MMOs now.

The potions are pretty strong, you also generally want at least one healing gem(like the life steal amethysts) and then you can always take some skills to help a bit, like Rising Dragon 2pt for 10% heal or the Hongmoon counter we don't have yet that heals for 2% on every counter and baseline you get heals when you Q/E iframe stuff. So you can recover even if you do get hit, you just can't like facetank through the stuff.

Also Summoners are kinda healers. They're very good supports in general, and they can group heal to a certain extent. The pulsing green circle thing can be talented to heal 20% health to everyone in range and it's like 18secs cd, so that's pretty nice.

Made my way to misty woods and farmed all 8 plates in a few hours. Being Crimson on Jiwan is no fucking fun. CO pops up in a flash mob of masked fighters and wrecks our shit every channel we get on.

Anyways. Anyone have a good shield build for an up and coming KFM? I noticed I lost a ton of crit removing my supply chain shields. Should I just start farming those green crit shields and infuse them into the moonwater set? Any help is appreciated.

Yes do poh24 quests, you want to anyway for gold and purple poh set pieces, and you'll get a bunch of green ones in the meantime. Just infuse random crap at first, then once all 8pieces are infused, you can look into reinfusing until you get good rolls. I use the green 6 and 7 pieces only for infusing, 8 I sell on the market since they generally go for 7silvers each and the gain is minimal, and the lower ones I just salvage, although they're fine to use on your first round of infuse.

After that you kinda want to work on upgrading your weapon to a good level, cheapest way is to do Tomb of Exiles runs, either solo or in a group. Open the chest you get and that's 2weapons a run, which give quite a lot of progress up to profane. Farm your daillies to buy moonwater transfo stones, and upgrade asap.

Also once you've done poh24 a few times and understand the fight(or watch a video that's fine too), buy a dokumo weapon to queue for poh6. You can change back to your infernal weapon once you're in, it's better, but you need dokumo/profane or higher to queue. Poh6 drops better a better soulshield set, and while they're adding new soulshields next week, it'll be a lot easier to farm these if you have full purple poharan soulshield.

_woLf

I love missing out on literally an entire dungeon because me and another guy get into a bid war over 3 items that the rest of the party doesn't care about, so they proceed to finish the entire dungeon without us.

Fuck this games stupid dungeon loot system. Seriously.

Fuz

Banned
Is there some website where I can see every single possible use of every single token? It's so damn confusing.

Chariot

Well we are crazy OP compared to how the Koreans were at their launch, so a lot of the daily stuff we have now is easily brute forced with sheer DPS. That will quickly change as we catch up with Korea, especially at 50. I want to see what happens when Assassins can no longer treat everything like training dummies just by being in stealth and Destroyers can't just spin for 5 minutes until everything is dead. EZ Mode can't end soon enough for some classes.
I want summoners put in tgeir place, they keep grilling my sweet butt-butt in pvp.

How the fuck am I supposed to do Blackwyrm when I get 5 fps near him? I have Core i7-5820K and GTX 980 Ti, maybe if BnS client wasn't a huge piece of shit it would be doable. There is no fucking way to iframe anything at 5 fps

Kudo

How the fuck am I supposed to do Blackwyrm when I get 5 fps near him? I have Core i7-5820K and GTX 980 Ti, maybe if BnS client wasn't a huge piece of shit it would be doable. There is no fucking way to iframe anything at 5 fps

My sentiments exactly, and to get the reward you need to deal 1%(?) of his health so like 500k damage but he does that roar attack every 5 seconds when the game is too busy crashing.

Chariot

Yeah, I gave up on that as Sin. 10-15 minutes of dying and trying for nothing :(

Finaika

Heard that this game does not perform well on multi core CPUs.

Sölf

I don't even know if the game is just badly optimized. My PC is ~2 years old by now, but I can play Wildstar on max settings which was released 2014, 2 years after BnS. Yet BnS absolutley kills my FPS. I am playing on max settings most of the time, but as soon as a big outdoor battle happens I go down to like 10 FPS, even without other character models. Even in dungeons I sometimes get only 30 FPS and I have no idea why, because even with some lower settings (everything on 4 instead of 5, and some other graphic stuff deactived) it doesn't seem to change anything at all.

Finaika

Sölf;194307878 said:
I don't even know if the game is just badly optimized. My PC is ~2 years old by now, but I can play Wildstar on max settings which was released 2014, 2 years after BnS. Yet BnS absolutley kills my FPS. I am playing on max settings most of the time, but as soon as a big outdoor battle happens I go down to like 10 FPS, even without other character models. Even in dungeons I sometimes get only 30 FPS and I have no idea why, because even with some lower settings (everything on 4 instead of 5, and some other graphic stuff deactived) it doesn't seem to change anything at all.

Hiding the other characters doesn't help improve the fps any, because the game is still rendering them.

Maybe lower the other character's spell setting.

Sölf

Hiding the other characters doesn't help improve the fps any, because the game is still rendering them.

Maybe lower the other character's spell setting.

Well it helps a bit deactivating them, but only like... 5-10 FPS maybe, which isn't much. I thought about lowering the effects, but does that also apply to NPCs and especially their attack indicators? That's the one thing that is holding me back.

Hoplatee

I haven't even tried Blackwyrm. It's always in full channels and trolls sometimes bring you to channels were nothing is happening. Shame really because I'd like to try it.

The whole faction PVP daily stuff is a bit meh. Tagging Waldo can take 10 seconds or ages. I just skip that one nowadays.

Zand

Neo Member

Simple. Turn off other players, even their names. Set graphics to Optimized for Combat.

If you're a melee class, well, good luck! If you're ranged, just run in burst dmg, then run out, wait for big aoe, then repeat. Its ok to get out of combat and heal up, then go back in. Just stay alive, and don't release if you die under 20%...hope someone will rez you.

Yes do poh24 quests, you want to anyway for gold and purple poh set pieces, and you'll get a bunch of green ones in the meantime. Just infuse random crap at first, then once all 8pieces are infused, you can look into reinfusing until you get good rolls. I use the green 6 and 7 pieces only for infusing, 8 I sell on the market since they generally go for 7silvers each and the gain is minimal, and the lower ones I just salvage, although they're fine to use on your first round of infuse.

After that you kinda want to work on upgrading your weapon to a good level, cheapest way is to do Tomb of Exiles runs, either solo or in a group. Open the chest you get and that's 2weapons a run, which give quite a lot of progress up to profane. Farm your daillies to buy moonwater transfo stones, and upgrade asap.

Also once you've done poh24 a few times and understand the fight(or watch a video that's fine too), buy a dokumo weapon to queue for poh6. You can change back to your infernal weapon once you're in, it's better, but you need dokumo/profane or higher to queue. Poh6 drops better a better soulshield set, and while they're adding new soulshields next week, it'll be a lot easier to farm these if you have full purple poharan soulshield.

Great info. Thank you. I think I'm ahead of everything you said tho >_<!! My weapon is at the point where I'm infusing it with my Dokumo Gauntlet. Just need to make some gold. I already collected the purple POH set too. Seems I may have jumped the gun the second I hit 45. Misty wasn't even unlocked through the story yet.

I did not know certain pieces give more crit and have more value than others tho. I need to start paying better attention to that before salvaging. Thanks again.

Person

I wish the winter coat had like...black skinnies or something instead of the weird 70s shiny ripped spandex thing they have

Great info. Thank you. I think I'm ahead of everything you said tho >_<!! My weapon is at the point where I'm infusing it with my Dokumo Gauntlet. Just need to make some gold. I already collected the purple POH set too. Seems I may have jumped the gun the second I hit 45. Misty wasn't even unlocked through the story yet.

I did not know certain pieces give more crit and have more value than others tho. I need to start paying better attention to that before salvaging. Thanks again.

Ah my bad, assumed you just hit 45. If you have poh, then use poh tbh. Although poh can roll a lot of crappy stats, it should be better than moonwater, moonwater's only good for pvp daillies(and only if you care about winning the fights), or to get before poh because it's quite a bit easier to get.

And yeah the green shields have increasing crit, 1 is like 84 or something while 8 is 116, so the 8piece is worth a good amount of silvers, while the others tend to be worth 1silver or less. But the difference between 8 and 7 is like 2max crit less on a max roll(which is super rare to get anyway), so not worth using imo especially when it's being replaced next week.

Just give a full round of infuse on everything and that's like 35-50crit on every piece which is quite a boost. Then you can reinfuse stuff that rolled low, but it's not like super necessary just yet with the bloodshade and mushin sets coming soon. Endgame the goal is to infuse with crafted moonwater soul shields which can roll max infuse value(I think it's like 110ish on the current soul shields), but it's quite a waste of money to do this at the moment, or before we get 50patch I'd say.

Alrus

I just wasted 3 cinderlands stones by mailing them to a random person instead of my alt... Guess I messed up the spelling. Wish there was an easier way to transfer stuff between characters on the same account...

Vex_

Banned
Pinchy outfit got

Char.jpg

Thankfully only took within 15-20 tries.

Now go get the tail adornment! Also, and this is just between me and you, those thighs HOLY SHIT. great job! Super job.

Is there some website where I can see every single possible use of every single token? It's so damn confusing.

I know. It is like I am afraid to use any of these "currencies" because I am afraid I will screw myself later on or something.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
amazing what a few tweaks can do

really like how my reshade turned out.

before

24205521373_23bc75f65f_o.png

after
24536840670_ee24149f97_o.png

Person

Sölf;194314202 said:
Just try it over and over. The marketplace is one of the mosdt fucked up things currently.

that's the thing, I would normally reload it or just spam the buttoms until it worked, but I literally can't do anything but switch tabs, not even typing in the search bar would auto-complete, and the dropdown filters on the left don't drop down

I'm going to try re-logging

Top Bottom