• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

do you mean breakthrough

I think infusing is only for SSs

Yeah. Wrong terminology on my part. How close am I to being done?

Ah my bad, assumed you just hit 45. If you have poh, then use poh tbh. Although poh can roll a lot of crappy stats, it should be better than moonwater, moonwater's only good for pvp daillies(and only if you care about winning the fights), or to get before poh because it's quite a bit easier to get.

And yeah the green shields have increasing crit, 1 is like 84 or something while 8 is 116, so the 8piece is worth a good amount of silvers, while the others tend to be worth 1silver or less. But the difference between 8 and 7 is like 2max crit less on a max roll(which is super rare to get anyway), so not worth using imo especially when it's being replaced next week.

Just give a full round of infuse on everything and that's like 35-50crit on every piece which is quite a boost. Then you can reinfuse stuff that rolled low, but it's not like super necessary just yet with the bloodshade and mushin sets coming soon. Endgame the goal is to infuse with crafted moonwater soul shields which can roll max infuse value(I think it's like 110ish on the current soul shields), but it's quite a waste of money to do this at the moment, or before we get 50patch I'd say.

Great to know. Thank you. Won't go all out on infusing shields. I am seeing better stats on duplicate POH pieces. I think I need a good combination cause even with full poh set I was at 28k and getting wrecked on poh24. Still couldn't even do the 1% to loot her.

Can't lie tho, did the 11 RNG boxes and made out like a bandit:
Black coat
2 moonstone transformation stones
2 brilliant moonstone keys
6 soulstone 3-packs

Went on a gauntlet upgrading rampage and should be good to hit poh for that 1% and some.

Person

I posted a guide a page or 2 back with link to my preset :D

do you expect me to go ALL the way BACK there???

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandso..._anyone_who_is_stuck_with_the_horrid_english/

Just download and throw in a new folder, you don't even have to override anything. Just enter a way a lot of annoying pop-up warnings when starting the game. Both Japanese and Korean Voices are available.

i was gonna go with the kr voices if they were original but I heard jp sounded nice too
what do you recommend

amazing what a few tweaks can do

really like how my reshade turned out.

before

24205521373_23bc75f65f_o.png

after
24536840670_ee24149f97_o.png

Okay you got me willing to try ReShade with BnS, are there no problems with GameGuard?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i was kidding

Yea i know :D but giving u numbers is easy :D

Gameguard does f all anyway lol.

Reahade is literally just n injector if people can use the Japanese voice fine then reshade is no differebt considering ur not tweaking any files that the game uses

Reshade/sweetfx has been used for few years now and in every mmo ive played ive not heard of people getting banned for it

not sure what you mean but I think true siren is as high as it gets right now

Hmmmmm...I guess I'm asking if I'm far from siren on my weapon. my accessories need sirens and an insane amount of mats at this point. Except the belt and bracelet. Are the siren versions worth farming?

I wish the game had an app that let us see our inventory. I have no idea what's the name of my weapon now. Awakened profane 5? Maybe? :/

114.gif

Yea i know :D but giving u numbers is easy :D

Gameguard does f all anyway lol.

Reahade is literally just n injector if people can use the Japanese voice fine then reshade is no differebt considering ur not tweaking any files that the game uses

Reshade/sweetfx has been used for few years now and in every mmo ive played ive not heard of people getting banned for it

Alright yeah me neither I was just wary because there seems to be one version of GameGuard which is used in Albatross18/PangYa to this day and it's pure madness.

You want to keep Skype running while playing PangYa? Ah well I can't let you do that... Any other kind of chat-program? No sorry... Any features of your G19 keyboard? Don't even think about it...

But yeah more recent versions seem to be very tame :p

They apparently removed Gameguard in last maintenance patch anyway. But it's not a program that's actually launched so it shouldn't matter.

Interesting, not that I mind but I wonder why it was included in the first place then o.o

No problems so far.

Good to know thanks :)

same reason why people would use norton antivirus
they probably didnt know it was shit

Point taken :p

What is considered the best free antivirus these days anyway? I used MSE for the longest time in Windows 7 but its superiority was short-lived from what I heard.

Point taken :p

What is considered the best free antivirus these days anyway? I used MSE for the longest time in Windows 7 but its superiority was short-lived from what I heard.

Many articles and internet consensus say modern Windows Defender is fine. Try Malwarebytes as well.

Fuz

Banned
I know. It is like I am afraid to use any of these "currencies" because I am afraid I will screw myself later on or something.

Exactly this.

By the way, do you guys know if I can just copy the game folder to my other pc for the game to work? Or do I have to redwnload everything?

Exactly this.

By the way, do you guys know if I can just copy the game folder to my other pc for the game to work? Or do I have to redwnload everything?

Probably copy, install the launcher, and the launcher will check the files and see you have them and work. It might work right away but pretty sure the NC launcher needs to be installed properly first.

So I finished the story, at least up to where I could.

I really did not like that you were forced to embrace the darkness and accept Mushin's offer. Really felt counter to the entire character, what the character had been going through to get rid of the mark of the rose, etc. I assume at some point they'll have you able to revert, so I'll be doing that ASAP

Now I'm just trying to get prepped and figure out what to do. Been reading up on what I should do. I have all of the Profane Soul Shields from the Profane Jiangshi wheel already. I'm currently farming Hujikar because that's where I left off with my weapon. Going through a ton of keys doing that, unfortunately. I read some guide, and I am a little confused. Should I be running Blackram Supply or East Fleet Supply Chain at this point? All of the dailies I have are for East Fleet Supply Chain.

Sölf;194327363 said:
Real men use korean voices. Now I only need to hear them in game to see if they are really as great (which I don't doubt xD).

It's a Korean game, so that would make sense. I don't understand why people would be using Japanese voices unless they speak the language. It makes sense to use the source language, or your language, I just don't get wanting to use a third party language.

Sorian

Banned
I really did not like that you were forced to embrace the darkness and accept Mushin's offer. Really felt counter to the entire character, what the character had been going through to get rid of the mark of the rose, etc. I assume at some point they'll have you able to revert, so I'll be doing that ASAP

Not sure how that felt counter to the character. Our character has been dumber than bricks since the Cinderlands when it comes to who to trust. This is typical schtick for this type of story though, you fall deep into the darkness before clawing yourself back out to the light.

Finaika

It's a Korean game, so that would make sense. I don't understand why people would be using Japanese voices unless they speak the language. It makes sense to use the source language, or your language, I just don't get wanting to use a third party language.

The game's aesthetics look like an anime.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Not sure how that felt counter to the character. Our character has been dumber than bricks since the Cinderlands when it comes to who to trust. This is typical schtick for this type of story though, you fall deep into the darkness before clawing yourself back out to the light.

To add to this...

Mushin was right though. Hongmoon did fail. Nothing you did was able to stop Jin from toying with you. In an effort to do what must be done to purge it, why not embrace it fully if it gets the job done? You've been playing both sides of good and bad throughout the entire quest (despite NCSoft's attempt to turn your character into a boring "good guy above all else" instead of the original) so its not as if you're an angel.

Unless you purge the Black Rose, there is absolutely nothing you can do (up to this point in the story). Besides, its more interesting this way.

What happened to Yuri?

I almost thought you were a different poster because of the avatar change haha.

Person

To add to this...

Mushin was right though. Hongmoon did fail. Nothing you did was able to stop Jin from toying with you. In an effort to do what must be done to purge it, why not embrace it fully if it gets the job done? You've been playing both sides of good and bad throughout the entire quest (despite NCSoft's attempt to turn your character into a boring "good guy above all else" instead of the original) so its not as if you're an angel.

Unless you purge the Black Rose, there is absolutely nothing you can do (up to this point in the story). Besides, its more interesting this way.

pfft i know how it ends, itll probably be trope "no canon for the wicked"

Simple. Turn off other players, even their names. Set graphics to Optimized for Combat.

If you're a melee class, well, good luck! If you're ranged, just run in burst dmg, then run out, wait for big aoe, then repeat. Its ok to get out of combat and heal up, then go back in. Just stay alive, and don't release if you die under 20%...hope someone will rez you.

As a FM I usually just rotate between Blazing/Frost Step and the self freezing move as I have his pattern memorized. It still stuns you but don't take damage and you can retreat out of it.

NeOak

]It's a Korean game, so that would make sense. I don't understand why people would be using Japanese voices unless they speak the language. It makes sense to use the source language, or your language, I just don't get wanting to use a third party language.
That's what I think too. I've heard the Korean voices and I played the Japanese version for a while.

The English voices are fine. Some could be better, but I've already endured TERA's English voices which are messed up due to spending money at launch on good actors and then hiring others for the same characters when they have new lines.

Chariot

Well, I probably try them both. I just chose japanese first because it's somewhat familiar due my immense hentai consume.

The English voices are fine. Some could be better, but I've already endured TERA's English voices which are messed up due to spending money at launch on good actors and then hiring others for the same characters when they have new lines.
Brr. I really think they're not, the voice actors sound so unmotivated and Poharan sounds like she literally phoned in.

Sölf

That's what I think too. I've heard the Korean voices and I played the Japanese version for a while.

The voices are fine for the most part, I agree. But just stuff that is outright wrong or that they didn't voice any sidequest and nearly all NPCs are not voiced if you talk to them, that's really a bummer. I've only played with korean voices for like 30 minutes and already prefer this version and I am actually thinking about listening to everything again when I start a third character.

Razzorn34

Sölf;194332022 said:
The voices are fine for the most part, I agree. But just stuff that is outright wrong or that they didn't voice any sidequest and nearly all NPCs are not voiced if you talk to them, that's really a bummer. I've only played with korean voices for like 30 minutes and already prefer this version and I am actually thinking about listening to everything again when I start a third character.

Yep. When you use the Korean voices, you really see how much they cheaped out on the NA version. It's glaring.

The character was dumb as bricks, sure, but also not mean spirited or willingly embracing of bad people once the character KNEW they were bad. S/He couldn't see a bad person coming from a mile away, but once S/He did the righteous path seemed to be the one always taken. Allying with Yura after seeing her slaughter innocents? Extremely out of character. I think some of this is a problem of a mostly silent character. There wasn't enough dialogue making it clear that revenge was the solo motivation for all actions, rather than just doing good and helping people, which almost everything you actually do is about.

It seems especially silly because after obtaining all of the life forces the character was on the verge of getting rid of the mark of the black rose, and just needed to wait and train some more. Instead of giving a shot at what you spend the entire act trying to do, you just gave up on it and decided an entire different path on the spot.

Sorian

Banned
The character was dumb as bricks, sure, but also not mean spirited or willingly embracing of bad people once the character KNEW they were bad. S/He couldn't see a bad person coming from a mile away, but once S/He did the righteous path seemed to be the one always taken. Allying with Yura after seeing her slaughter innocents? Extremely out of character. I think some of this is a problem of a mostly silent character. There wasn't enough dialogue making it clear that revenge was the solo motivation for all actions, rather than just doing good and helping people, which almost everything you actually do is about.

It seems especially silly because after obtaining all of the life forces the character was on the verge of getting rid of the mark of the black rose, and just needed to wait and train some more. Instead of giving a shot at what you spend the entire act trying to do, you just gave up on it and decided an entire different path on the spot.

You say it right there. Your character is useless when it comes to pointing out people with evil intent. Mushin showed up to take you under his wing. Your dumb character is like "one of the four guardians? I'm in!"

You say it right there. Your character is useless when it comes to pointing out people with evil intent. Mushin showed up to take you under his wing. Your dumb character is like "one of the four guardians? I'm in!"

With Yura though? There's dumb, and there's aligning yourself with a flat out demon. It stretches the believing point to the breaking.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Uh, well...

You spend this time collecting the life forces, trying to get your mind right...and yeah. Jin wrecks your shit again. Another guardian is murdered in front of your face, Jin continues to own you (literally) and still maintains control over you. Nothing you have been doing seems to be working. So, yeah. Mushin comes along and says "You're fucking up because you're a wussand Hongmoon ain't working." and after what you just saw and through the course of the game, why wouldn't you believe him? lol

Uh, well...

You spend this time collecting the life forces, trying to get your mind right...and yeah. Jin wrecks your shit again. Another guardian is murdered in front of your face, Jin continues to own you (literally) and still maintains control over you. Nothing you have been doing seems to be working. So, yeah. Mushin comes along and says "You're fucking up because you're a wussand Hongmoon ain't working." and after what you just saw and through the course of the game, why wouldn't you believe him? lol

Cause I saw Master Hong wreck shit in the beginning of the game and in flashbacks and I want me some of that? Not much good without the sword though.

Sidenote, it kills me when I hear the English pronunciations of some of the obviously Korean names. Ilsim for example.

Chariot

Cause I saw Master Hong wreck shit in the beginning of the game and in flashbacks and I want me some of that? Not much good without the sword though.
Look at the rest of the Hongmoon School. Hong was an exception, non of his pupils even stood a chance, even Lusung is super weak in contrast with the bigger beings in the world.

Look at the rest of the Hongmoon School. Hong was an exception, non of his pupils even stood a chance, even Lusung is super weak in contrast with the bigger beings in the world.

Yeah, but Hong gave you the secrets of the Hongmoon school, not Lusung. He was just a punk.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, but Hong gave you the secrets of the Hongmoon school, not Lusung. He was just a punk.

I don't think we will ever learn the secrets of the hulk. Hong seems to be the weakest member of the three guardians that matter anyway. (Sorry Iksanun, you the real loser).

Top Bottom