• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

In the Korean version you get to choose the evil or good side which has a big impact on the game in future updates and the story 'ending'.

While the story already covered simplistic and basic themes, they dumbed it down even further for our audience. On top of the atrocious voice acting and terrible translations, the localization team really destroyed what little substance there was in the story.

Not saying that I didn't enjoy it but it could have been a lot better without all the unnecessary tampering...

Sorian

Banned
In the Korean version you get to choose the evil or good side which has a big impact on the game in future updates and the story 'ending'.

Huh.....
I did feel like there should have been choice there but I figured it was just railroaded storytelling. That's very disheartening.

I don't think we will ever learn the secrets of the hulk. Hong seems to be the weakest member of the three guardians that matter anyway. (Sorry Iksanun, you the real loser).

I dunno, I didn't see Mushin blowing up mountain tops. In the intro it was implied that Hong could have defeated Jinsoyun but as I recall he didn't to spare the life of his student (which was obviously a big mistake). On top of that he was weakened due to poison. I mean, the dude literally flexed his muscles and blew away Gubong and Yura

Sorian

Banned
I dunno, I didn't see Mushin blowing up mountain tops. In the intro it was implied that Hong could have defeated Jinsoyun but as I recall he didn't to spare the life of his student (which was obviously a big mistake). On top of that he was weakened due to poison. I mean, the dude literally flexed his muscles and blew away Gubong and Yura

Oh yeah, I'm quite aware that the guardians are on a whole other level from the regular losers running around. I just think Hong seems like the brutish member so can definitely do huge feats of strength but is usually shut down by more elegant foes.

Chariot

Past tense. "Got" to choose. They changed the choice, because it divided the playerbase. It's nowhere now, not in China, not in Korea

ShinMaruku

I don't think we will ever learn the secrets of the hulk. Hong seems to be the weakest member of the three guardians that matter anyway. (Sorry Iksanun, you the real loser).

Hong is actually the strongest by far because he still beat Jin Soyun pretty handily if not for you being in the way in the poison in his food.

Anyhow read at your risk.
You are supposed to take both paths to finally understand and unlock the hongmoon arcanum which you always had. It's why he gave you that book. Also Mushin is the real villian here not Jin Soyon, she's actually playing everybody off against everybody to kill Mushin for killing her Master and framing her and making the whole world hate her. Mushin's plan is to drain you of whatever chi you have so he can use the twlight's edge and seal the demon king in his descendant and kill him in her body and he rules all under heaven. Naturally that shit fails because Jiwan and Master Hong already out gave you the arcanum, the trick to understanding it and getting the power is your vessel must be empty to be refilled with even more

Story is quite good in my view with how it flows.

Sölf

Hong is actually the strongest by far because he still beat Jin Soyun pretty handily if not for you being in the way in the poison in his food.

Anyhow read at your risk.
You are supposed to take both paths to finally understand and unlock the hongmoon arcanum which you always had. It's why he gave you that book. Also Mushin is the real villian here not Jin Soyon, she's actually playing everybody off against everybody to kill Mushin for killing her Master and framing her and making the whole world hate her. Mushin's plan is to drain you of whatever chi you have so he can use the twlight's edge and seal the demon king in his descendant and kill him in her body and he rules all under heaven. Naturally that shit fails because Jiwan and Master Hong already out gave you the arcanum, the trick to understanding it and getting the power is your vessel must be empty to be refilled with even more

Story is quite good in my view with how it flows.

I just spoiled me willingly, because I am actually not sure if what you wrote will be in our version like this, or if the translation will fuck things up again. Which wouldn't suprise me. Man, is there a way to get the english fan translation somehow? It can't be worse than what we have now.

ShinMaruku

The story is pretty good assuming you think of the player character as just a main character that you are outwardly observing and not you, yourself, making decisions.

Exactly. Best part about it is who you think is on what side is always wrong. XD

That is exactly what is going on in our version you guys are making our version look like the Chinese version when story wise and content wise it's closer to Taiwan and Korea. From what I know in the story it's exactly the same. I understand not trusting Ncsoft but going hyperbolic about censorship and dumbing down the story is not right in this instance, outside of that story line change the game is unchanged. If you want gimped go play the Chinese version where the story is actually rewritten and butchered.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I've tried to just brute force grind on my Destroyer and...nah. I can't. Too boring. Side quests are the same thing but I guess I just need the illusion of context to my grinding. lol XP flows freely anyway.

Sölf

Exactly. Best part about it is who you think is on what side is always wrong. XD

That is exactly what is going on in our version you guys are making our version look like the Chinese version when story wise and content wise it's closer to Taiwan and Korea. From what I know in the story it's exactly the same. I understand not trusting Ncsoft but going hyperbolic about censorship and dumbing down the story is not right in this instance, outside of that story line change the game is unchanged. If you want gimped go play the Chinese version where the story is actually rewritten and butchered.

Well, with the stuff like the censored Lycandi quest or the fact that
we actually travel through time and don't have some sort of vision
it's hard to believe they won't change more stuff later on. D:

ShinMaruku

Sölf;194341376 said:
Well, with the stuff like the censored Lycandi quest or the fact that
we actually travel through time and don't have some sort of vision
it's hard to believe they won't change more stuff later on. D:

Mushin's dialagoue with Yura is the same

Those story beats will not change. That part is why they are bringing it over. Also if they want episode 5 to make sense they can't change much.

Mushin's dialagoue with Yura is the same

Those story beats will not change. That part is why they are bringing it over. Also if they want episode 5 to make sense they can't change much.

I actually like the story so far, I just thought they needed more to justify the decision toward the end is all. Looking forward to more of it next week or whatever.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Been having the worst luck getting crit stats on my poh shield drops. Infused my moonwater arena set with crit and said fuck it, will be replacing with blood shade set next week anyway. :lol

yaffi

Brr. I really think they're not, the voice actors sound so unmotivated and Poharan sounds like she literally phoned in.

The japanese voice actress sounds really familiar, but I can't figure it out.

edit: Also, I would join the School of Yehara anytime. She's a beast!

Chariot

what happened to jinsomom
You mean Jiwan? She was killed by Jinsoyun when she searched for the Twilight Blade.

The japanese voice actress sounds really familiar, but I can't figure it out
I sadly have yet to find a list with the japanese voice actors. :(
That's kinda bullshit, they could have had that Bioware thing going
Well, a MMORPG that would pull that off successfully would be an innovation. Secret World did it kinda, but not really complex. For now, I am okay with the way things are, I am able to enjoy the game without the story just fine.

Person

id play secret world if the cars werent the size of supermarkets

i just walked upto one and was like "bro these assets"

probably not a good reason but i havent really abandoned it, i just thought "wow"

Hoplatee

Now that I reached 25 on my alts (BM and Summoner) I will continue on my Summoner as alt. It actually is way more fun than I imagined. But for crafting and stuff I am a bit confused.

It seems like that the whole Merry Potters/SW is the only combination worth a damn. Am I missing something? Is there some other combination that could serve my FM and Summoner? (Or my wallet..)

I am almost considering just taking the same crafts / gathering as I have on my FM :|

Zand

Neo Member
You mean Jiwan? She was killed by Jinsoyun when she searched for the Twilight Blade.

I sadly have yet to find a list with the japanese voice actors. :(Well, a MMORPG that would pull that off successfully would be an innovation. Secret World did it kinda, but not really complex. For now, I am okay with the way things are, I am able to enjoy the game without the story just fine.

No.
Jiwan was killed when she protected Jinsoyun from a killing blow by Mushin. This is why Jinsoyun hates Mushin. That event caused Jinsoyun to fully turn to the dark side for revenge...she isn't a good person at all, but later on we are offered a chance to redeem her.

Chariot

No.
Jiwan was killed when she protected Jinsoyun from a killing blow by Mushin. This is why Jinsoyun hates Mushin. That event caused Jinsoyun to fully turn to the dark side for revenge...she isn't a good person at all, but later on we are offered a chance to redeem her.
I see. Did I miss that or is that yet to happen?

Now that I reached 25 on my alts (BM and Summoner) I will continue on my Summoner as alt. It actually is way more fun than I imagined. But for crafting and stuff I am a bit confused.

It seems like that the whole Merry Potters/SW is the only combination worth a damn. Am I missing something? Is there some other combination that could serve my FM and Summoner? (Or my wallet..)

I am almost considering just taking the same crafts / gathering as I have on my FM :|

I took different stuff on everyone, just because, but yeah nothing really makes too much money like a moonwater transfo stone. Radiant Ring can make money, sometimes. You basically invest like 3g to make a gem that's either worth 1gold 4/5 of the time or 25g 1/5 of the time. Cooking/Earthseer can make small time money out of charms and cinderlands food, or a bit more but not very reliably off the materials for the final windwalk item.

So yeah for pure profits, merry potter/SW is definitely the best. You do need to get the recipe though, so you either can solo farm it or you have to make a fairly major investment. And then you need some bank to invest into a batch of moonwater stones at first, until you can start making real money. And the prices have been crashing so you need to be careful about when you buy and when you sell. But still.

I'd say the big thing of why it makes money though is the fact it crafts 10 of the items at once. If it was one at a time like other crafts, you'd see similar profits over time. With 10items, you get 10times the same margins per day.

cHinzo

Just got the Secret Agent costume to drop, finally! :D Man I'm loving my combination of Secret Agent with the Mane of the Ironfang Lord mask. It looks badass.

Those are high in demand... I am grinding for gold just to buy one.

They don't drop, he probably means moonwater tear, and that's people trying to cheat people out of gold. They bid a large amount of gold on an item, if someone doesn't pay attention they bid over, and if no one does, they leave the dungeon before paying which resets the bid. It's very scummy. Have to pay attention, and if you somehow get caught, just leave the dungeon instantly before it resolves and you don't have to pay it. Generally is done on last boss so shouldn't be an issue leaving at that point.

It was moonwater tear, so around 40-50s in average. I noticed the bid like 2s before the timer ended, was totally in panic trying to unplug the cable and it wasn't fast enough.

Paprikka

It's silly, this is literally the first mmo I've played where I actually would put gold in my bank instead of just keeping it all on me in case of situations like this, and its also the first mmo to not offer that as an option.

Top Bottom