• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Tabby

Been grinding dungeons for 2 days only to realise that you get the White Roses from the daily dungeon quests and not from the dungeon quest, woops.

tatsuki

Can't you just get a shitty normal glacial sword from the dungeon instead, or do you want specifically those colors? Cause afaik all those optional bosses drop are recolors of existing drops. Like Arctic Beast and Howling beast are the 2 bosses in the cinderlands desert dungeon, the one next to the golden deva world boss and you can get Glacial weapons from there in like 5mins runs.
I settled on a Stonesword, it looks simply enough and cost me a crazy 3silvers, unsealed. And then 1g+ to actually reskin my weapon :(

I'm not a fan of any of the other sword designs unfortunately. I've been using the glacial one you mentioned since bamboo village at the start of the game so some new colors would be nice. The normal glacial sword does match crimson outfits rather nicely though.

Fuz

Banned
Does anyone knows the names of the skill books (especially the assassin one)?
Google doens't help. I swear, I never saw a game with a more difficult info research than this one.
Edit: I mean the dropped in BSH ones.

Sölf;195108364 said:
You transmute them yourself (middle button at the bottom of your inventory). Diamonds are the only gems that can be crafted (so far, no idea what it looks like at level 50).
Can you get diamonds with transmute?

_woLf

waiting until the very last second to outbid someone should be bannable

this isnt fucking ebay you're just wasting everyones time

Does anyone knows the names of the skill books (especially the assassin one)?
Google doens't help. I swear, I never saw a game with a more difficult info research than this one.

They called "Skill name - Volume 2". Your skill window should show you exactly the item you need to unlock the skill(other than the PvP one).

If you're looking at the market, it's in Utility > Exchange > Quest.

Hubb

Can anyone tell me how the weapons work at 50? Do we transform out current hongmoon weapon into the level 50 variant, or do we get a completely new one? So if I put a weapon skin on my current Hongmoon one can I carry that over to the level 50 weapon?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well for the best results, you would need as many soulwardens/merry potters as possible. Ultimately, you only need them to be lvl 11 to craft the big stuff, so it's not even too long to setup the process. After that, you just spam merry potter clay refiners every hour and if you buy the recipe, premium clay refiners when you go to bed(takes 12hours, less money over time than normal refiners), while you spam transfo stones on the merry potters. It's about 10g per day from merry potters, 3g from premium refiners and then whatever you get from normal refiners depending on how many you craft every day, it's about 60silvers per craft.

So say you had 8 chars spamming it, you'd get 104g a day just from logging in, plus the normal refiners money if you could be bothered. Now you would need to invest 200g in merry potter recipes at first and everyday you need about 320g to invest in materials for moonwater stones(although the next day you make that gold back and 80g bonus).

Well i get all this but that seems a bit limited. What about radiant ring and other crafts. I know when we get into clan crafting we will need a variety of crafts so i would love to have a well rounded roster of characters to help me and everyone. How can i go about this? Or any giides out there?

Can anyone tell me how the weapons work at 50? Do we transform out current hongmoon weapon into the level 50 variant, or do we get a completely new one? So if I put a weapon skin on my current Hongmoon one can I carry that over to the level 50 weapon?

They do carry over. In past versions, there's 2 paths. You either have True Profane or lower, then you upgrade to a 47version in Silverfrost then 49 then a few 50versions, like normal progression, or you have True Pirate, and then you upgrade directly to a 50 version skipping a bunch of other upgrades. It's about the same cost. If you're inbetween(Siren), you'll have to finish to Pirate or buy a new weapon and upgrade it to True Profane again.

Mind you 50 isn't anytime soon unless they rush it for some reason. There's still at least one content patch before cap increase. Even assuming they patch next month, 50 would still be 2months+ away. I'd bet on end of spring/summer though.

Well i get all this but that seems a bit limited. What about radiant ring and other crafts. I know when we get into clan crafting we will need a variety of crafts so i would love to have a well rounded roster of characters to help me and everyone. How can i go about this? Or any giides out there?

None of the other crafts is really profitable other than Radiant Ring which is somewhat profitable, but nowhere close to the other 2. If you just want one of everything, then... you make one of everything? There isn't really anything too particular about the whole system. Although you technically will have some overlap because there's an odd amount of crafts/gathers. But for like typical associations, you'd have proespector+stonecutter with radiant ring+forgekeeper, green thumbs+tree with soulwarden+merry potter, fisher+trapper with cooking+earthseers, and then silver cauldron+herbside with whatever for the other slots. Actually leveling stuff isn't complicated, the crafting stuff is extremely simple in this game.

The thing is you can't really be a dedicated crafter like you can in other games. Crafting is as simple as clicking ok and waiting the required time for stuff to finish. There's no hard to gather materials or whatever, all of it can be done by anyone with a lvl 11 parked in jadestone village and will be just as potent at it. Crafting is really just a side activity here, something you do while doing other stuff.

Hoplatee

Welp. Soloing Brightstone as Summoner ended up being a little bit more dificult than I imagined. Managed to do it 4 times before stopping with it. I just kept on failing after it going well at the start. Gear being pretty bad (still) didn't help much either.

Hate it when the pet seems to not listen to my taunt command even though there should be / is absolutely nothing stopping it from using it. That screwed me over a few times.

So that was 'easy' gold but far from enjoyable. Maybe it will get better with gear/experience.

Fuz

Banned
They called "Skill name - Volume 2". Your skill window should show you exactly the item you need to unlock the skill(other than the PvP one).

If you're looking at the market, it's in Utility > Exchange > Quest.

Thank you.
I've ran BSH 4-men and a skill book with a different name dropped. Not sure I understand it...
Sölf;195108364 said:
You transmute them yourself (middle button at the bottom of your inventory). Diamonds are the only gems that can be crafted (so far, no idea what it looks like at level 50).
Yeah it was the summoner's one. But *I think* it had a different name (and quite long) than the skill.
Are books a guaranteed drop on BSH? Done 4 man only once and saw it drop.

Thank you.
I've ran BSH 4-men and a skill book with a different name dropped. Not sure I understand it...

Well it drops a random book, not yours specifically. So it was another class. I believe the current books are Lightning Draw(BM and BD, there's 2 of them), Comet Strike(KFM), Rumblebees(Summoner), Inferno(FM), Emberstomp(Destroyer), Shadow Slash(Sin). Out of these from my understanding, Shadow Slash is good, Lightning Draw is godlike for BM and good for BD, and the rest is pretty meh(well don't know if Inferno is good).

Hoplatee

The shitty RNG on weapon chests is really turning me off from the game right now.

That is my biggest complaint as well. Took me 21 boxes to get the brightstone staff.

Had the mats for Awakened Siren well before reaching that stage but now I am just 'waiting' for that. Plenty of boxes opened but nothing.

Atleast you can buy that one (storm siren) with emblems but in 90 minutes I only farmed one. Still need 5 more so hope I make it on sunday.

My FM looted the staff 4 times and Summoner also Bangle twice. Obviously ;(

Fuz

Banned
Finally beaten Junghado \o/

Dammit he's though.
Biggest problem was the bad ping messing with my cds anyway.

By the way, he dropped the Bodyguard outfit. Is that rare? Am I being lucky for once?

Edit: I forgot to take the daily for him :| Great :|
Ok, again. That's not stressful at all.

Thanks for the info, so it sounds like the best idea is to focus on the pirate stuff (weapon/accessories) instead of my hongmoon right now?

They are the same stuff. The hongmoon stuff changes names as you upgrade right, like it goes blight, infernal, profane. After that it goes siren then pirate.

The 2paths thing only happens once we get lvl 50(and assuming we get the same kind of way Taiwan did since that's where the info comes from), but it's still only one weapon, it just splits a True Profane once the 50patch goes in, with one path that's like for people who level after the patch(so they don't have to farm the 45 dungeons for weeks to get their upgrades on the way to 50) and the other path for people who have been playing the game for a while already so they don't have to restart. The paths then merge back after a bit.

So yeah just focus on upgrading like you would normally. Although worth noting again, a 25attack power diamond is a much much better investment than upgrading past True Profane 10. Only upgrade to siren and higher once you have a diamond. And also don't upgrade to siren until you have enough to upgrade to true siren imo. Basically prepare enough to do it all in one go, because the upgrade to siren from true profane is... not the greatest. It has very slightly better stats but way worse focus regeneration. True Siren however makes a good enough difference in power.

EDarkness

The winning bid gets distributed to everyone else.

Ah. Well, I'm only level 26 so nothing that drops has any real value. Nothing interesting drops from the dungeons at the level I'm at now. Good to know, though. I wish there was something in the game that explained how all of that works.

Chariot

Waiting for the weekend to end, so I can hopefully purchase cheaper Moonwater Transformation Stones. Hope they go down to 5 or even 4 g.

Hubb

They are the same stuff. The hongmoon stuff changes names as you upgrade right, like it goes blight, infernal, profane. After that it goes siren then pirate.

The 2paths thing only happens once we get lvl 50(and assuming we get the same kind of way Taiwan did since that's where the info comes from), but it's still only one weapon, it just splits a True Profane once the 50patch goes in, with one path that's like for people who level after the patch(so they don't have to farm the 45 dungeons for weeks to get their upgrades on the way to 50) and the other path for people who have been playing the game for a while already so they don't have to restart. The paths then merge back after a bit.

Alright so I am definitely a little confused. The evolution pirate stuff that drops out of BSH is something completely different from the hongmoon pirate or is it the same just skipping some of the evolution.

I guess I am just confused if I should ignore the pirate evolution stuff dropping and focus solely on the hongmoon stuff or not.

Quicknock

Banned
So I've been PvPing for hours non-stop today.

And... wow.

Yeah, okay, so, uh... summoners, before the patch, were at least somewhat manageable as their cats were extremely squishy and you could play the field to murder them before the summoner could respond. Now? Now they have so much healing that they can negate pretty much any damage you do to the cat if you can't kill it in a single combo.

The matchup is just blatantly unfair right now. Not gonna lie - it's kind of ruined the fun of 1v1 for me. I'm just not up for that kind of struggle. It's too much. Whittling them down little by little only to see their health bar jump back up in an instant... ugh.

I find myself really hoping that they release the level 50 update before too long, even though I still have lots of progress to make on the PvE side, just so we can get out of this ridiculous balance situation. It simply does not feel good.

I mean, just look at this shit:

DlGgekO.png

BM and FM being at the bottom is completely expected (given both classes have a high learning curve and FM in particular is extremely finicky in PvP), but there being nearly twice as many summoners as the next class (KFM) is beyond the pale. Summoners aren't even that popular as a class, so when you see a disparity like this, you know something is wrong.

I really want to hit plat so I can turn my zen beans in for soulstones, but at the rate this is going, I admit I probably won't be doing that any time soon. This is just too much for me, man.

Deosier

So I just notice i still have the practice Citrine in my inventory. Any way to remove it or is it just stuck in there forever now?

Fuz

Banned
So I just notice i still have the practice Citrine in my inventory. Any way to remove it or is it just stuck in there forever now?

Drag it out of the inventory, it should destroy it.

And... wow.

Yeah, okay, so, uh... summoners, before the patch, were at least somewhat manageable as their cats were extremely squishy and you could play the field to murder them before the summoner could respond. Now? Now they have so much healing that they can negate pretty much any damage you do to the cat if you can't kill it in a single combo.

The matchup is just blatantly unfair right now. Not gonna lie - it's kind of ruined the fun of 1v1 for me. I'm just not up for that kind of struggle. It's too much. Whittling them down little by little only to see their health bar jump back up in an instant... ugh.

I find myself really hoping that they release the level 50 update before too long, even though I still have lots of progress to make on the PvE side, just so we can get out of this ridiculous balance situation. It simply does not feel good.

DlGgekO.png

BM and FM being at the bottom is completely expected (given both classes have a high learning curve and FM in particular is extremely finicky in PvP), but there being nearly twice as many summoners as the next class (KFM) is beyond the pale. Summoners aren't even that popular as a class, so when you see a disparity like this, you know something is wrong.

I really want to hit plat so I can turn my zen beans in for soulstones, but at the rate this is going, I admit I probably won't be doing that any time soon. This is just too much for me, man.

FM that low is weird.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

And... wow.

DlGgekO.png

What class are you by chance?

At first I was surprised to see KFM as #2, but then seeing how that's for people with ratings 1900+ it makes sense. :lol

Hubb

Do arena daily quests unlock at cap or before? Playing around with a bunch of alts to see what class I'd like besides my main, if I could do arena dailies on them before 45 that'd be great.

Vex_

Banned
Do arena daily quests unlock at cap or before? Playing around with a bunch of alts to see what class I'd like besides my main, if I could do arena dailies on them before 45 that'd be great.

I remember they did. Somewhere around scorching sands (cinderlands) area?

so what was that, lv25-30??

Hubb

I remember they did. Somewhere around scorching sands (cinderlands) area?

so what was that, lv25-30??

Thanks, better than cap but still a pain to level too. Probably have to pick a class to level for now, wish Warlock was out already so I could try it.

Vex_

Banned
So........

...I finally hit that point in PvP today while grinding for GREEN BEANS for a few hours. I just wanna say that summoners are incredibly powerful. For some reason, I don't think I had ever seen a summoner use stealth before today.

In fact, I noticed they have access to literally every class skill. They can have their pet sit on top of you like a KFM while they just shoot you like a FM. This does A TON OF DAMAGE! If you grab them they fucking slip out of your hands and instantly vanish (stealth like a Sin). All you can hear are their stupid little toes tapping on the ground, but you don't know where those little rats are. If you stunlock them or combo them, their stupid cat will come and start using destroyer moves on you and bonk you over your head with a giant clown hammer.

FFS. It was the first time I ever nerd raged at my monitor going, "I CANT DO ANYTHING, I CANT MOVE! OH GOD HELP ME!" This particular summoner added insult to injury by dancing around me while I was in an unconscious state (his pet was on top of me) and he just let his grass kill me or whatever that was (DoT skill).

When he was done with me, he went into region chat ( I know it was him) and said "Man DESTROYERS ARE FREE, YAY!" He was so happy and child like that it made me even more angry.

Losing is one thing, but watching your opponent parade around in region chat about beating your ass makes you rethink your purpose in life. I started thinking about bills, relationships, work, etc. I had to calm myself down, I have never been done dirty like this before. It felt like some big burly man was grabbing my ass as I walked by him. I felt violated.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my pvp experience today...

Vex_

Banned
I know very little about Destroyers, do you have any long CC you can apply to their cat?

Not really. If we STUN you, it is to apply damage (burst dps) over 2~3 seconds with cleave anicancels. Other wise we are spinning to resist (which can be exploited for obvious reasons), or we grab you (which everyone has a way to escape now). If all of our major stunning skills are on CD, we are sitting ducks.

Oh and If you hit the ground, we can launch you into a piledriver. So you don't HAVE to be stunned. We also have fury mode which resists pretty well.

Sigh* at least we got some good cc on bosses in PvE (which I love). Thinking of rolling a BM or Sin next anyways. Not sure which yet.

Vex_

Banned
The only strategy against scummoners I come up so far is to hit and run and wait for the timer to run out. Both their regen and damage are ridiculous.

OH! I forgot to complain about that too!!

The REGEN HOLY SHIT. Who thought that was a good idea?

When I got his pet down to 40% (and rather quickly too) he all of a sudden turned on "NOPE" mode! When I saw how fast he was healing, I nearly dropped my gamepad. "WHAT DO I DO? I CANT HURT HIM!" I screamed at my monitor as if it could understand me and show me the way. He continued to to circle strafe me and have his cat mount me like I was his bitch.

Ya know? Now that I think about it, I might try a summoner.... Naaaah.

Hubb

Ya know? Now that I think about it, I might try a summoner.... Naaaah.

I gave in, it is one of the alts I am messing around with. I can beat smns but it usually comes down to then playing bad instead of me playing well. Granted I am only in the1500s so it isn't like I am playing against the best in class.

Hoplatee

I do have to admit Summoner is pretty fun to play in PVP as someone who has been bad in PVP in all the countlees MMO gamrs I played. I do win often by ease and that is not because of my skills. Sometimes I just spam stuff and just see where it ends. I just assume the other player does as well. Over time that won't work anymore but for now I just enjoy the moment.

But then again. That Destroyer gif from a few pages ago? That happened to me as well. It was hilarious.

edit : slightly confused about bracers. Do you start with Pirate or what? I never had a purple / Siren bracer or something.

WaterAstro

And... wow.

DlGgekO.png

Everyone likes their cats.

I like Ass, but I'm not sure what my role is in boss fights because I don't feel like I'm getting good damage in. I need to stealth before I can do massive damage with right click and F.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So........

...I finally hit that point in PvP today while grinding for GREEN BEANS for a few hours. I just wanna say that summoners are incredibly powerful. For some reason, I don't think I had ever seen a summoner use stealth before today.

In fact, I noticed they have access to literally every class skill. They can have their pet sit on top of you like a KFM while they just shoot you like a FM. This does A TON OF DAMAGE! If you grab them they fucking slip out of your hands and instantly vanish (stealth like a Sin). All you can hear are their stupid little toes tapping on the ground, but you don't know where those little rats are. If you stunlock them or combo them, their stupid cat will come and start using destroyer moves on you and bonk you over your head with a giant clown hammer.

FFS. It was the first time I ever nerd raged at my monitor going, "I CANT DO ANYTHING, I CANT MOVE! OH GOD HELP ME!" This particular summoner added insult to injury by dancing around me while I was in an unconscious state (his pet was on top of me) and he just let his grass kill me or whatever that was (DoT skill).

When he was done with me, he went into region chat ( I know it was him) and said "Man DESTROYERS ARE FREE, YAY!" He was so happy and child like that it made me even more angry.

Losing is one thing, but watching your opponent parade around in region chat about beating your ass makes you rethink your purpose in life. I started thinking about bills, relationships, work, etc. I had to calm myself down, I have never been done dirty like this before. It felt like some big burly man was grabbing my ass as I walked by him. I felt violated.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my pvp experience today...

Summoners are insane in Arena. The feeling you get when you beat one is indescribable. :lol

Quicknock

Banned
Destroyers are actually considered the counter class to summoners thanks to redspin and fury being so potent against them and their pets. Dnno how true that is in actual practice, but that's what I've been told.

What class are you by chance?
Blade dancer. I rolled the class purely because it's the only melee option for Lyn.

Innolis

PVP is just not worth it unless you are a Summoner or KFM/KF. As an assassin I did reasonably well (while also having a high ping due to not being on the states) until the latest patch where I read the notes and saw assassins got a single change while every other class got like an entire page worth of changes.

Now I just go into the arena for the daily pvp quests and just alt+tab to chrome if I'm matched against a summoner.

It seems a lot of people grind elo to get those soulstones, I've no idea what they are or what they're used for (I'm lvl 42 atm), but I certainly hope they're obtainable via PVE as with the current balance state + my high ping there's absolutely 0 chance of me making gold to get them.

Top Bottom