• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Vex_

Banned
dont know why people leave before the raid auctions are over. They miss out on some decent coin in the auctions DAYUM I just made a quick buck!

Chariot

dont know why people leave before the raid auctions are over. They miss out on some decent coin in the auctions DAYUM I just made a quick buck!
I don't stay for some maybe, probably copper in the later parts of Big Four. Time is money!

Unless you mean actual raid, at which point I don't know which you mean since we still don't have one.

Big 4 last boss is basically always ~10silvers for the moonwater tears(now closer to 15 too), and it's the first item rolled. Just bid 40silvers on them so bids go fast, generally takes like 15secs to be done.

Poh used to be good with soul shields, but now everyone just pass/bid 6coppers, so whatever. BSH though I've done runs where ppl bid 1g on every soul shield which dropped, so that adds up nicely at the end of the run.

If you don't have 25g laying around, the +15 pentagonal is a super reasonable 8g. You can make that from a day's worth of your dailies.

Are the ones in "Diamond" on the shop the correct ones? Also, what is the difference between the ones that say "Additional Damage 25" and "Attack Power 25"?

They seem to be similarly priced on the marketplace.

Sorian

Banned
Are the ones in "Diamond" on the shop the correct ones? Also, what is the difference between the ones that say "Additional Damage 25" and "Attack Power 25"?

They seem to be similarly priced on the marketplace.

Additional damage is garbage and people are just trying to trick you into buying something useless. Attack power is what you are looking for. Attack power is increasing a stat that exponentially increases your damage, additional damage is just adding that straight number to your attacks.

Additional damage is garbage and people are just trying to trick you into buying something useless. Attack power is what you are looking for. Attack power is increasing a stat that exponentially increases your damage, additional damage is just adding that straight number to your attacks.

Thank you very much.

Pejo

So I'm way behind you guys, just finally got to Blackwater Narrows (I think that's the name), the first real dungeon.

Man I hate the loot system in this game. The idea of bidding with money on a drop is kinda stupid, when you have level 45 people farming a level 20 dungeon for a costume, then it drops, and it's basically richest guy gets it. Also, the voice gets super annoying when you're just mashing the bid button, and it can take so long to get finished with a bid war. I apparently always took the random dice roll for granted in most MMOs. It's seriously a pretty shit system though.

It took me a long time to piece together the talent trees on my own. I was just using the pre-builder option for my talents, and it gave me a sweet skill (Ice Rain). Then I leveled up again, and hit the auto-distribute button again and my skill was gone. It took me literally 2 hours to find out what happened to it. Turns out it was a modified talent from the fire AoE spell.

There's a lot of really great stuff in this game, but they don't really do a great job of explaining it. Also, the chat implementation is just very difficult to pick up. I created a new tab filtering out all the junk, but even then I often miss important things.

I should have conned one of my other MMO friends into starting up with me. I feel like a duo while leveling would be the sweet spot for this game.

Wouldn't buy the 8g one btw. If you're making 8g a day, wait 3days and buy the 25g one. The 25g is very close to the BiS since it gives 25AP instead of 28AP(which costs like 45g), but the 8g one is fairly far, so you're basically buying a gem that you'll want to replace 3days later. I said buy a shitty square, but looking at prices now... I guess don't? They're up to 1g for some reason, used to be like 20silvers. Just do your daillies for 3days and buy the big one, it's worth it. Hell if you play a bunch over the weekend, you can make 25g in 2days. BSH/Poh 24 is like 8g or something, then BSH/Poh6 is 2-3g depending on bids, 4blues is 2g, faction daillies are 5golds, so yeah if you do all that, 2days in a row, you'd have enough for the diamond.

Mawarup

Neo Member
Man I hate the loot system in this game. The idea of bidding with money on a drop is kinda stupid, when you have level 45 people farming a level 20 dungeon for a costume, then it drops, and it's basically richest guy gets it. Also, the voice gets super annoying when you're just mashing the bid button, and it can take so long to get finished with a bid war. I apparently always took the random dice roll for granted in most MMOs. It's seriously a pretty shit system though.

In that particular case it does suck assuming the level 45 is just bidding silvers that most level 20's cannot afford. But otherwise I really like the system a lot when running a level 45 dungeon and a moonwater recipe drops and I obviously don't need it. And there we go 1+ gold profit from the bid. To get bids done fast, bid how much you would feel safe spending on the item and manually enter it. Otherwise its going to take forever.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Attack Power is the main stat on your weapon. So using an Attack Power gem is like directly upgrading your weapon without actually upgrading it.

This. I just noticed the diamond I had in my weapon wasn't an attack one and I literally laughed out loud. Jung is sooooo much easier now.

Pejo

In that particular case it does suck assuming the level 45 is just bidding silvers that most level 20's cannot afford. But otherwise I really like the system a lot when running a level 45 dungeon and a moonwater recipe drops and I obviously don't need it. And there we go 1+ gold profit from the bid. To get bids done fast, bid how much you would feel safe spending on the item and manually enter it. Otherwise its going to take forever.

I play with a controller, so by the time I fumble to get to my keyboard/mouse to click in the correct field with the correct amount, a lot of times I miss the countdown. It's much easier for me to just hit RB+A. It'd be nice if they limited the amount of bids to 3 per person, get some strategy into that shitty system at least. Are there loot options in the game? Can you change it to round robin or like random dice roll?

EDarkness

I'm hoping for a Kung Fu Hustle style moment at one point but I doubt it :/

Heh, that would be cool. Every time I make progress in the main story I just shake my head.
When Dogun's (sp?) "daughter" turns out to be the spy I was thinking....why the hell wouldn't I tell someone about this before hand? Also, when I caught her and the mayor talking, that would have been the final straw. Instead, my character is all shocked once it becomes official. Sheesh. Really? I mean, really? Also, let the traitor guy go instead of bringing his ass in? Really? Ugh.
It's frustrating to watch.

Anyone in the overflow guild on who can invite? Character name is Aswansea.

Sölf

So, the Blackram Officer outfit dropped form a normal mob in BSH-6. Chariot robbed me of nearly 5 gold, but at least I got the outfit. Who knows when I will see this dropping again. xD

WaterAstro

Can anyone explain how to get the final tier skill in the Martial Tome?

I just read something about achievements and I have no idea what that means since the achievement list doesn't seem to list anything relevant.

I really hate the whole concept of loot bidding / need before greed/ etc. I really love that games like Diablo 3 and Guildwars 2 abandoned that in favor of 'everyone gets their own loot drop' systems. Eliminates so much grief.

EDarkness

I really hate the whole concept of loot bidding / need before greed/ etc. I really love that games like Diablo 3 and Guildwars 2 abandoned that in favor of 'everyone gets their own loot drop' systems. Eliminates so much grief.

I was shocked to see how loot was handled in this game. I just give up most of the time. There's no point in sitting there bidding on stuff and just wasting money and time. I wasn't a huge fan of personal loot in WoW, but I find it much better than this. There are a few outfits I want from some dungeons, but I'm not going to be wasting my time bidding. After the last outfit dropped and it ended up in a crazy bidding war, I was done with that system. At least we generally get a chest at the end with some loot in it. So it's not ALL bad. Heh, heh.

Can anyone explain how to get the final tier skill in the Martial Tome?

I just read something about achievements and I have no idea what that means since the achievement list doesn't seem to list anything relevant.

Currently, we can only get one skill on our version. Most of these skills are still not yet implemented in the game and are just there as a teaser about potential things to come. Any of them with the text about the Fabled secret technique of Hongmoon doesn't actually exist.

The others are available by using certain items you acquire in endgame content.

In our current version, the only one available skill is the one that drop in Bloodshade Harbor 4man as a rare drop, as well as the pvp version of that skill which is bought with hmm, 4000 zen beans? 6000? I forgot, but you buy it with a bunch of Zen beans, from arenas.

The books to learn the skills can be sold, so eventually they should be accessible more easily, at the moment unless you do BSH 4man, you're most likely not getting the PvE ones. PvP you just need to grind them beans until you have it.

Getting part of the bid is meaningless though when it means I'll have to run the same dungeon 10 more times for the same thing to drop.
Still miles better than running the same dungeon 10 more times and you still get nothing, neither item nor gold

What do you mean?

For example if the total bid is 9G and your party has 4 people, after the bid ends other party member each will get 3G.

Chariot

Sölf;195080807 said:
So, the Blackram Officer outfit dropped form a normal mob in BSH-6. Chariot robbed me of nearly 5 gold, but at least I got the outfit. Who knows when I will see this dropping again. xD
It's pretty rare. Really weird to see it dropping from a random mob.

WaterAstro

Currently, we can only get one skill on our version. Most of these skills are still not yet implemented in the game and are just there as a teaser about potential things to come. Any of them with the text about the Fabled secret technique of Hongmoon doesn't actually exist.

The others are available by using certain items you acquire in endgame content.

In our current version, the only one available skill is the one that drop in Bloodshade Harbor 4man as a rare drop, as well as the pvp version of that skill which is bought with hmm, 4000 zen beans? 6000? I forgot, but you buy it with a bunch of Zen beans, from arenas.

The books to learn the skills can be sold, so eventually they should be accessible more easily, at the moment unless you do BSH 4man, you're most likely not getting the PvE ones. PvP you just need to grind them beans until you have it.

Whoa what? lol that is so weird.

Well at least I don't have to worry about them.

Heh, that would be cool. Every time I make progress in the main story I just shake my head.
When Dogun's (sp?) "daughter" turns out to be the spy I was thinking....why the hell wouldn't I tell someone about this before hand? Also, when I caught her and the mayor talking, that would have been the final straw. Instead, my character is all shocked once it becomes official. Sheesh. Really? I mean, really? Also, let the traitor guy go instead of bringing his ass in? Really? Ugh.
It's frustrating to watch.

Glad I'm not the only one who likes the idea :D

And yeah these moments were also all just "ugh" for me. Same around level 30 when
Yunwa gets more important I immediately figured out that she has Mushin's DNA while my character was like like "what? o.o" And I don't even want to speak about some events on the Moonwater Plains...

Vex_

Banned
Still miles better than running the same dungeon 10 more times and you still get nothing, neither item nor gold

For example if the total bid is 9G and your party has 4 people, after the bid ends other party member each will get 3G.

Agree. At least you get something. I love G E T T I N G P A I D B O Y Z.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, if one wanted to get serious with the crafting in this game, what would they have to do? How many alts? Which crafts, etc? I honestly wouldn't mind doing this for rmyself and the guild. =D

So, if one wanted to get serious with the crafting in this game, what would they have to do? How many alts? Which crafts, etc? I honestly wouldn't mind doing this for rmyself and the guild. =D

Well for the best results, you would need as many soulwardens/merry potters as possible. Ultimately, you only need them to be lvl 11 to craft the big stuff, so it's not even too long to setup the process. After that, you just spam merry potter clay refiners every hour and if you buy the recipe, premium clay refiners when you go to bed(takes 12hours, less money over time than normal refiners), while you spam transfo stones on the merry potters. It's about 10g per day from merry potters, 3g from premium refiners and then whatever you get from normal refiners depending on how many you craft every day, it's about 60silvers per craft.

So say you had 8 chars spamming it, you'd get 104g a day just from logging in, plus the normal refiners money if you could be bothered. Now you would need to invest 200g in merry potter recipes at first and everyday you need about 320g to invest in materials for moonwater stones(although the next day you make that gold back and 80g bonus).

Sölf

Do people buy unsealing charms from the marketboard or from vendors cause right now the price is cheaper at vendors

Vendor. A few days ago they actually were cheaper, like 8-10 silver. But now. Heck, I bought 20 from the vendor and sold them for more on the auction house. I didn't make much, but it as a profit. People are weird. The whole market in this game is whack. xD

The entire market has been cleared out of Pentagonal Diamonds with attack power. I guess that figures. I wonder when supply will catch up with demand.

How do you even craft gems in this game?

Sölf

The entire market has been cleared out of Pentagonal Diamonds with attack power. I guess that figures. I wonder when supply will catch up with demand.

How do you even craft gems in this game?

You transmute them yourself (middle button at the bottom of your inventory). Diamonds are the only gems that can be crafted (so far, no idea what it looks like at level 50).

Sölf;195108324 said:
Vendor. A few days ago they actually were cheaper, like 8-10 silver. But now. Heck, I bought 20 from the vendor and sold them for more on the auction house. I didn't make much, but it as a profit. People are weird. The whole market in this game is whack. xD

Well the market prices are higher due to the convenience, although I'm not entirely sure why you'd need unseal charms RIGHT NOW OMG, instead of just wait until the dungeon you're doing or whatever is over. I assume a lot of sales are also confused people who haven't checked the vendor prices.

Can't really make them way cheaper though. I mean you can but you're working with terrible profits. The only tier that wasn't a loss at 10silver when I checked like a week ago was the first tier, but that means you only make 5 charms every 12hours, and you make like 5silvers off them, so 25silvers. It's absolute garbage really. Lots of the crafting is garbage like that. Radiant Ring can kinda make some money at least, but everything else but soulwarden/merry potter is awful, which is pretty sad.

Person

hoiurni.png

I can finally make and sell moonwater transformation stones. Feels good. The price for them went up by over 1g since last night as well which is nice.

weekend prices

dont sell them on weekdays

tatsuki

weekend prices

dont sell them on weekdays

no no it's fine. I only sold a few out of the 10 and i have another 10 crafting.

I really want the Sturdy Glacial Illusion Sword or Gilded ver from nightshade harbor but that might be too much rng for me since those bosses don't spawn until you beat poh or hae. They also seem to never drop any weapons in general for me.
Screenshot_160201_010.jpg

The howling beast drops the gilded one from nightshade and the arctic beast drops the sturdy one from e fleet.

no no it's fine. I only sold a few out of the 10 and i have another 10 crafting.

I really want the Sturdy Glacial Illusion Sword or Gilded ver from nightshade harbor but that might be too much rng for me since those bosses don't spawn until you beat poh or hae. They also seem to never drop any weapons in general for me.
Screenshot_160201_010.jpg

The howling beast drops the gilded one from nightshade and the arctic beast drops the sturdy one from e fleet.

Can't you just get a shitty normal glacial sword from the dungeon instead, or do you want specifically those colors? Cause afaik all those optional bosses drop are recolors of existing drops. Like Arctic Beast and Howling beast are the 2 bosses in the cinderlands desert dungeon, the one next to the golden deva world boss and you can get Glacial weapons from there in like 5mins runs.
I settled on a Stonesword, it looks simply enough and cost me a crazy 3silvers, unsealed. And then 1g+ to actually reskin my weapon :(

Top Bottom