• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Is it frowned upon to receive store outfits sent as a gift for some of your gold? I've seen it being done a few times now in faction chat. Is this common?

It's not supported, so a lot of it is scammers. Unless you can get a reliable source, I wouldn't bother. They'll have currency exchange soonish I think? Surprised it's not in yet.

Vex_

Banned
quick question...

Say for example I hypothetically made an alt. Say I hypothetically happen to make an Assassin alt. Say I hypothetically make it up to a certain boss, and he hypothetically uses a deadly AoE move repeatedly.

What would (hypothetically) be the goto move to defend myself against something like that?

I think I can see how a BM would defend against something like this (Block? correct me if I am wrong here).....? What about an Assassin?

*Besides using the dash that everyone has btw.

Yushi

You look like a bitch Junghado, SO I FUCKED YOU LIKE A BITCH

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh man, killing him again tomorrow is going to be fun >_>

Honestly the struggle for the first kill is real. It took me a good 30attempts to get it. But all other kills have been easy one shots.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
KFM feels a bit bleh to play in group mob scenarios because they don't have access to the last LMB Hongmoon skill which lets you use Cyclone Kick/Searing Blow off of it critting, which it does often since you get the stacking crit buff with every hit. As a result I sometimes end up running dry since my Tiger Strike just happened to go a while without critting.

There are a few things you can do to recover focus but sometimes they're all on CD and I'm just jabbing for a bit to build some focus so I can resume my offense.

Yeah I hear you. Having access to that specific hongmoon skill would be such a boon to our focus regeneration.

quick question...

Say for example I hypothetically made an alt. Say I hypothetically happen to make an Assassin alt. Say I hypothetically make it up to a certain boss, and he hypothetically uses a deadly AoE move repeatedly.

What would (hypothetically) be the goto move to defend myself against something like that?

I think I can see how a BM would defend against something like this (Block? correct me if I am wrong here).....? What about an Assassin?

*Besides using the dash that everyone has btw.

Block only works on yellow aoes, red aoes have to be iframed, or you run out of them. Afaik, Sin can iframe stuff with Q(which gives focus and puts you into stealth), SS(which does I don't know what other than iframes) and you can spec into some iframes on your multihit thingie, which I assume is like C or X or whatever. But mostly you Q or SS, cooldowns are low. If it's blockable(yellow), then you can use Decoy. If they're multi hits, then just run out/SS out until it's over, or use the multi hit iframe skill.

Fuz

Banned
So, we are able to check the characters from a webpage.
Is there such thing for the market too? It does like an html page.
Block only works on yellow aoes, red aoes have to be iframed, or you run out of them. Afaik, Sin can iframe stuff with Q(which gives focus and puts you into stealth), SS(which does I don't know what other than iframes) and you can spec into some iframes on your multihit thingie, which I assume is like C or X or whatever. But mostly you Q or SS, cooldowns are low. If it's blockable(yellow), then you can use Decoy. If they're multi hits, then just run out/SS out until it's over, or use the multi hit iframe skill.
I changed most of my keys... what was Q?

So, we are able to check the characters from a webpage.
Is there such thing for the market too? It does like an html page.

I changed most of my keys... what was Q?

Dodge left, Shadow Dance. Also seems the multihit is indeed C, Lotus Fury, with 1pt in it you're immune to everything for the whole thing.

It kinda sucks that people say keyboard buttons instead of attack names as someone who plays on a pad.

edit: actually I think I'm gonna take a break from the game today play again tomorrow.

For Sin besides the stuff already mentioned but the flower (V) is another really important i frame skill. If you put 2 points and go down the left branch in general (recommended for pvp since it is a positioning tool and a stunbreaker), you are invincible while moving and resist all damage 1 second after moving. I recommend using this skill before using lotus dance for iframes because it has a shorter cd, so you can have it up by the time you burn lotus. Really useful against wrestlemania boss when he is dropping pillars on everyone or Bloodshade Harbor bosses in general.

For Sin besides the stuff already mentioned but the flower (V) is another really important i frame skill. If you put 2 points and go down the left branch in general (recommended for pvp since it is a positioning tool and a stunbreaker), you are invincible while moving and resist all damage 1 second after moving. I recommend using this skill before using lotus dance for iframes because it has a shorter cd, so you can have it up by the time you burn lotus. Really useful against wrestlemania boss when he is dropping pillars on everyone or Bloodshade Harbor bosses in general.

Oh right. I don't play sin so I go from what I've remembered seeing used, but flower is definitely another. There's also something with smoke bomb(on X, replaces Shuriken), I think it's group 1hit parry? Timing is really small though, .5secs or something, so it's not an easy one to pull off.

Oh right. I don't play sin so I go from what I've remembered seeing used, but flower is definitely another. There's also something with smoke bomb(on X, replaces Shuriken), I think it's group 1hit parry? Timing is really small though, .5secs or something, so it's not an easy one to pull off.

You need 3 points in the right path of shuriken to get a smoke bomb that puts everyone in on demand stealth and a .5 sec window to resist everything, but it's on a 90 sec cd. The middle smoke/shuriken bomb path makes you invulnerable to projectiles, useful in pvp but there is counterplay and you can get force choked out of it. It's useful because 2 points is a pretty decent focus generator, I like to use it so I can keep attacking with 5 stacks of poison on an enemy, since sin dps is actually higher out of stealth if the party is rotating around 5 stacks of poison (I wish we had better hongmoon skills unlocked so we can stack it easier solo). 3 points in that path also give it a heal, but it's 10% over 10 seconds nside the smoke. In pve and pvp, you can lose 10% in a quarter of that time.

Middle path of decoy grants party stealth if it was successful. It can also have them resist 1 attack in stealth. Though I tried using it and they need to be close to you to go invisible with you. It was kind if hard in random situations since aggro and how hectic it can be with everyone running around.

Vex_

Banned

Oh god. You just made things even harder for me. I'm still trying to decide which class to go for on my alt: BM or ASS, but this sounds so cool :c I was gonna go BM because I like having a lot of options (block, dodges, whirling swordy thingy that protects everyone for 6 seconds?) on how to deal with a variety of attacks when I'm in trouble (and I like swordy stuff), but this sounds even better.

I'm mainly looking for utility... and it is between BM and ASS. I really cant decide at all.

Damn, I might just flip a coin.

Oh god. You just made things even harder for me. I'm still trying to decide which class to go for on my alt: BM or ASS, but this sounds so cool :c I was gonna go BM because I like having a lot of options (block, dodges, whirling swordy thingy that protects everyone for 6 seconds?) on how to deal with a variety of attacks when I'm in trouble (and I like swordy stuff), but this sounds even better.

I'm mainly looking for utility... and it is between BM and ASS. I really cant decide at all.

Damn, I might just flip a coin.

BM is a tank, Assassin is a DPS. If you don't like tanking, you should probably pick sin. While currently most BMs are "DPS", as in they do terrible damage and didn't spec into threat increasing stuff, eventually you're expected to tank, as in hold the attention of the mobs and block/dodge everything they throw at you. They're fundamentally fairly different playstyles in groups. Also solo because of stealth.

nataku

The G600 is a beast.

I bought the G600 a month ago just for this game, and I'm already scared that it's gonna break from spamming animation cancelling with my destroyer. >.<

I was thinking of buying one of those as a replacement for this one since I need the buttons, but I'm worried it'll break too. That, and I don't like the shift button. This is the second G700 mouse I've been through in four years. The first one had one of the G buttons fail and not register clicks sometimes, but Logitech replaced it under warranty. I'm guessing they won't replace this one since it's been four years since that first one (3 year warranty), so I need to look for another mouse.

It's either the G600 or one of the Naga chroma, the one with the mechanical switches. I've heard bad things about Razer products though. Then again, I've had bad experience with Logitech so far too. I need at least the amount of buttons on the G700 because I've based pretty much every control scheme in games around that number of buttons.

What do the side buttons feel like on the G600? Squishy? I'm really interested in the mechanical switches on the Razer mouse... but Razer .

cHinzo

Lol a stack of 10 Infernal Lord's Horn dropped and there was a bidding war with one guy paying 1g for it. Checked the AH after the dungeon run and they're getting sold for 65 copper each. :"D Such profit.

Chariot

Probably got scammed. It happens a lot in the later dungeons, but people with money are also running Tomb because of the soulstones.

Vex_

Banned
BM is a tank, Assassin is a DPS. If you don't like tanking, you should probably pick sin. While currently most BMs are "DPS", as in they do terrible damage and didn't spec into threat increasing stuff, eventually you're expected to tank, as in hold the attention of the mobs and block/dodge everything they throw at you. They're fundamentally fairly different playstyles in groups. Also solo because of stealth.

hmmm... I see the word tank, I get happy. thanks for that. I may try BM then. -_-

Chariot

Does the daily give you soulstones or something?
Aye. Once you get the quest again in Greenhollow, Moonwater, it gives two Soulstones. Not the world, but given that a Soulstone is about 35s right now, the dungeon being very easy at max level and you're relatively limited in getting Soulstones per day, some people run it daily.

Perhaps I should practice with a keyboard and mouse playing this game. The whole kit orbiting thing is kinda rougher on pad due to having to move your thumb to move the right analog stick. It feels way worse trying to do it on kb/m right now only cause I'm not use to it.

Got to the 6th floor of the tower yesterday and got Ogong on the wheel. I thought "Oh great, I've tanked him dozens of times in the dungeon."

I rage quit like 20 minutes later. It's not that hard and he's easy to dodge/block, but there's one move he does where he flips you up with his staff and I get so mad because it hits you even if you're behind him and I kept forgetting I need to block instead of dodge. Such anger!

Got to the 6th floor of the tower yesterday and got Ogong on the wheel. I thought "Oh great, I've tanked him dozens of times in the dungeon."

I rage quit like 20 minutes later. It's not that hard and he's easy to dodge/block, but there's one move he does where he flips you up with his staff and I get so mad because it hits you even if you're behind him and I kept forgetting I need to block instead of dodge. Such anger!

You can dodge it, but need good timing. And yeah it's definitely the most annoying move to dodge cause the aoe is ridiculous on it.

I think he's the hardest of the 4. Spider is annoying if you don't pay attention when she does the web thing but if you do dodge it, rest is very easy. Big pig is annoying because of poison pools slowing down the fight as you try to avoid them, but he's the easiest overall. Azure golem is as easy as pig but has room wide aoes you have to iframe which makes it a bit more annoying I think. And then when you're lucky you get fortune pig for the one shot ^^.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I need to finish up my Destroyer. I find the class really fun and is a good compliment to my BD.

I figure I'm not going to get the stupid amount of Moonwater Stones to evolve my gear any time soon so I may as well look to upgrade my soul shield first.

cHinzo

Olong and Hogdonny are my favourite fights. The animations are clear and they are both pretty slow. Always re-roll the Azure one, ugh. Those big ass AoE.

Hubb

Aye. Once you get the quest again in Greenhollow, Moonwater, it gives two Soulstones. Not the world, but given that a Soulstone is about 35s right now, the dungeon being very easy at max level and you're relatively limited in getting Soulstones per day, some people run it daily.

Thanks, had no clue. I may have to run it while prices are so high.

Olong and Hogdonny are my favourite fights. The animations are clear and they are both pretty slow. Always re-roll the Azure one, ugh. Those big ass AoE.

On my sin I find Azure to be pretty easy, granted I of the 2 times I cleared to the 6th floor that is who I got.

RyudBoy

The G600 is a beast.

So far so good.

I was thinking of buying one of those as a replacement for this one since I need the buttons, but I'm worried it'll break too. That, and I don't like the shift button. This is the second G700 mouse I've been through in four years. The first one had one of the G buttons fail and not register clicks sometimes, but Logitech replaced it under warranty. I'm guessing they won't replace this one since it's been four years since that first one (3 year warranty), so I need to look for another mouse.

It's either the G600 or one of the Naga chroma, the one with the mechanical switches. I've heard bad things about Razer products though. Then again, I've had bad experience with Logitech so far too. I need at least the amount of buttons on the G700 because I've based pretty much every control scheme in games around that number of buttons.

What do the side buttons feel like on the G600? Squishy? I'm really interested in the mechanical switches on the Razer mouse... but Razer .

The G-shift button can be disabled or assigned to be any keystroke. If you're worried that it makes the mouse feel a bit too wide then yeah, it can be a problem. It felt weird to hold at first, but I quickly got used to it. The button isn't soft so you'll never press it by accident.

The G buttons on the side are squishy but they do require a little bit of force to press. They don't make any clicking noise which is a nice plus. Each row of buttons are curved in a way that makes it easy for your thumb to identify each button. Right now, I only use the bottom 9 buttons. I find it a bit difficult to reach the top 3 buttons and I often misclick.

I can't comment on the Razer (Naga) since this is my first MMO mouse, but I did consider it as an option when I bought the G600. I'm very happy that I got this mouse. Only paid $50 for it. Naga was $80 the last time I checked back in early January.

GrandHusk

first try :D
Pwdg1Hr.png
Anyone else got DCed??? are we going on maintenance or something
<.<
>.>
*raises hand*

cHinzo

Woot I thought it was impossible, but I've just beaten that Junghado motherfucker! \o/ 5 seconds left until he enraged lol, it was so tense. Just ate his big combo when I was looking at the enrage timer and had less than 3k health left too. FeelsGoodMan.

Hoplatee

Haha. Yeah. Still have to beat them even though I only attempted him 5 times. It's all pretty simple and then you meet him. Got close once but he went immune so I just assumed that was his enrage. After that my weapon broke and haven't returned yet :p

Kinda like the Endless Trial thing. Suddenly everything goes nuts.

Chariot

I had my trouble too at first, but it seems simple after a few tries, stun lock him, occasionally dodge out of the ice fields and prepare long i-frame skill when he announces roar of the dragon. Though maybe it's easier with the amazing kit that Sins have. He is at least good to explore all the cc possibilities one has and to hone quick reactions to animations.

arimanius

Anyone know how long mail lasts? I still have all the things from the first daily dash in my mail since I haven't decided on a main yet. Would hate to lose all of that plus the outfit.

Top Bottom