• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm playing SFV too.

Was playing training mode for a bit with Cammy since I didn't participate in any of the betas. I usually main Chun-li but I've come to terms that my aggressive playstyle does not mesh well with her. :lol

RyudBoy

I'm trying to play SFV but that shit runs like crap on my PC, and it shouldn't. :/

Bout to take my frustration out on some rival faction noobs that are doing daily quests.

Vex_

Banned
Was playing training mode for a bit with Cammy since I didn't participate in any of the betas. I usually main Chun-li but I've come to terms that my aggressive playstyle does not mesh well with her. :lol

I didnt play any betas either :c

So far I like Vega, Ken, and Birdie. I am surprised at what they let combo into CA with Vega. That shit should be illegal. I like birdie because his MEATY normals and zoning game fits my playstyle well. Ken is hard to work with, I may drop him. I win, but not like how I want to.

Since the servers are acting up, I'll just play this here and player kill people in open world >:D

Quicknock

Banned
FINALLY hit plat again. Took way too long this time around. I've just been playing sloppy lately, especially against summoners. Had to clean up my act. Hopefully I won't fail later and immediately drop rank. That'd be embarrassing (but not as much of a big deal since I already spent my zen beans).

fMgkWis.jpg

Chariot

I don't get how people can solo the big 4. Even takes quite some time with a duo.
Good equip and knowing how the class is played best. But you do all Big Four with any equip, it just cuts the time if you have better ones. It's actually a good challenge to get better. That damn first monkey boss is like a little Junghado with his fivepoint strike and is to me even more difficult because it's more difficult to cc, but it's also good training to recognize and counter this mean attack.

Which class do you play?

I don't get how people can solo the big 4. Even takes quite some time with a duo.

If you're an Assassin, the mobs don't even attack you.

If you're a Summoner, you just hide behind your cat.

If you're a BM or KFM, hardly anything in Big 4 is red and so can be blocked or countered.

If you're the right class it's a faceroll and easy money. Other classes can go fuck themselves, Korean devs don't give a fuck about PvE balance and never will.

If you're an Assassin, the mobs don't even attack you.

If you're a Summoner, you just hide behind your cat.

If you're a BM or KFM, hardly anything in Big 4 is red and so can be blocked or countered.

If you're the right class it's a faceroll and easy money. Other classes can go fuck themselves, Korean devs don't give a fuck about PvE balance and never will.

Are you saying FM, BD and DES can't solo the same things the other classes can?

Quonny

Yeah, it's pretty much why I've given up the game. Uninstalled it this morning.

I'm all for PVP balance and all, but PVE is a joke. I had fun, though, and stuck with this game way longer than I normally do with the latest F2P MMOs.

Actually come to think of it a Destro can just spec into the spin and spin all day until everything's dead. It might be slow to do it that way though and it's probably not such a good tactic against bosses but for packs nothing touches Destro spin2win. Against bosses a Destro might not have it easy at all.

FMs can solo some things by keeping them chilled but not all bosses can be CC'd like that. This is also very slow when it is doable and it's not a universal thing like stealth.

Hoplatee

Caved and bought the 25 APgem, upgraded some stuff from Infernal to Siren. Gold lost - 59. Back to being really poor.

Hope it was worth it and if I notice improvements :p

It will probably my last week anyway. The PVE is a bit too much zerging. Not that I mind but it is already a bit tiresome.

Chariot

I am still very entertained by the game, I like both PVE and PVP, but that's probably because of the cool guys in the guild. There is a lot of bad stuff going on that needs to be addressed.

NCSOFT has overestimated the current content. It's just not enough to keep the more invested base going. if the core players feel bored very fast and have dozens of complaints about localisation, lags and the real-money-shop, loot, you're not going to get many new blood into the game. They need to address the issues and deliver content faster and react quickly and transparent to complaints if they want to succeed. 50 cap can't come enough, given how Summoners dominate everything. Players feeling like they have to choose a certain class to stay competitive, while getting constantly floored with another (BD is still the sandbag of PVP), you are doing something wrong. Especially in a game where the duel PVP is an important, if not THE core and the great sales argument. They need to hire people to quickly crunch out fixes to the translation, community managers that don't look like bots with canned responses and new content. Warlock equipment dropping while Warlock being still far away is disgusting and doesn't help the perception that the rng is rigged as fuck.

I play Blade Master. Are mobs suppose to hit through your block? They're still doing lots of damage even though I block most of the stuff.
I have no idea. But I think you can do a solo run with BD. Probably lotta videos of people doing that out there, maybe take a look at those.

They can't solo the group stuff as fast/easy as others no.

Well Destroyer can do Brightstone pretty quickly, and FM is also relatively fast, talking 15ish mins runs, summoner is like 12mins and sin like 10, KFM/BM pretty sure is around 15 also. No idea about BD, but not seeing them being particularily good at soloing, destroyers can aoe stun permanently with the red whirlwind shit to clear trash and have a ton of ways to self heals+block with stone shield, FMs have freezes and slows and projectile blocks and iceblock and all kinds of nonsense for trash and for some of the boss, but BDs have like... nothing really? At least nothing that seems out of the ordinary that makes it any easier.

I play Blade Master. Are mobs suppose to hit through your block? They're still doing lots of damage even though I block most of the stuff.

Depends on what you're blocking. I'm not 100% sure of how block works when you're actively blocking, most of the time it seems to block all damage, but sometimes only some? Maybe it's the strength of the hit I don't know. That said there's also unblockable stuff, mostly red telegraphs. Shouldn't rely on block too much though, it's mostly good when you're playing ultra defensive(low hp) or when you need to proc cyclone for focus/threat, the rest of the time you should be abusing Q/E/SS to iframe stuff instead, as they have absurdly low cooldowns.

SDBurton

Caved and bought the 25 APgem, upgraded some stuff from Infernal to Siren. Gold lost - 59. Back to being really poor.

It will probably my last week anyway. The PVE is a bit too much zerging. Not that I mind but it is already a bit tiresome.

The 25 AP boost alone should show some major improvements in your damage output. :D

I saved up and bought that 25 Attack Power gem the other day, it made a huge difference. Never had too much problems with Floor 7 in the tower, but after having that gem, it made it a cakewalk.

Paprikka

Welp, tried some higher end gem transmutations and ended up with nothing but green and blue gems, so that was about 30 soulstones and 5 gold down the drain. Definitely going to just sell the chests if I ever try that again.

Also transmutation failures hurt when it has a material cost, I can't imagine actually trying for an outfit box and risking that failure.

WaterAstro

Which class is the best for party dungeon raids or whatever?

I feel like assassin's aren't that great because there's so many things that screw up the stealthing when there's a lot of people.

Which class is the best for party dungeon raids or whatever?

I feel like assassin's aren't that great because there's so many things that screw up the stealthing when there's a lot of people.

I don't know what a lot of people are, if you mean the 24 daillies, sure but that's not particularily a big deal. In 6man, it shouldn't be an issue. And assassins are great, they do very good damage.

WaterAstro

I don't know what a lot of people are, if you mean the 24 daillies, sure but that's not particularily a big deal. In 6man, it shouldn't be an issue. And assassins are great, they do very good damage.

I just have too much trouble restealthing because I have to be behind the boss, and the party just constantly turns him 180.

If I'm not in stealth, I literally don't do damage.

SDBurton

SFV servers are so busted right now. Talks of people getting only 5 matches within 3 hours of playing. :O

And whoever thought it was a brilliant idea to lock outfit colors behind survival mode needs to get canon spiked in the chin.

Oh you guys were not kidding that 25/28 AP gem is the best thing ever.

Wow.

Going from True Profane to True Siren only gives you 15 AP. Think about the cost to do that and compare to the cost of the gem. That Diamond is crazy. It's also what instantly turns a struggle to beat Junghado's enrage into a stroll through the park.

Loginius

I just have too much trouble restealthing because I have to be behind the boss, and the party just constantly turns him 180.

Sounds like you are doing it wrong tbh.
You can stealth by kicking a poisoned enemy, you can stealth with the cloud, you can stealth by swapping position with an add and approaching from back right after that. While in stealth you can re stealth with your 3, with your 1 and if you are out of stealth and everything is in cd just use your poison 3 and plant a flower and something will be available by then. (this rarely happens when you do it right)
If you just spam your abilities then of course you won't stay in stealth or do dmg.

Edit: Forgot that you can stealth with your counter and q too.

I don't know the details on how to play sin, but I know they do well enough. Generally, bosses will stop to cast some stuff during which you can get a backstab guaranteed or when a cat is taunting, and you're also supposed to block some stuff with decoy to get that stealth and the stealth on dodging stuff with Shadow Dance. You might drop stealth sometimes, but that shouldn't affect your overall performance too much unless it constantly happens, which shouldn't be the case.

If you don't like the playstyle, you could reroll something else, but sins are definitely fine. Every class is really, although for 4mans currently I'd say BM and BD are probably the least desirable classes because KFM and Destroyer do the same things but better, however both are perfectly fine too and don't pose much of an issue to find groups with, assuming you're geared.

Have you tried any of the 4 or 6 man variants of POH and BSH? They are infinitely better than the 24 man versions. You actually have to execute mechanics, coordinate with team members, pay attention to boss movements, and dodge effectively (especially in the 4 man versions). From what I have heard, the PVE content gets even better later on but I don't know if there is any truth to that.

I do agree that the PVE content becomes tiresome when done daily but that has been the case with pretty much every MMO ever. In the case of B&S, the fun combat mechanics and aggressive content release schedule will sustain me. It also helps to have a good guild/clan and to play with friends as the social aspect is one of the biggest draws of a MMO to begin with. I also enjoy PVP, so there's that.

I am still very entertained by the game, I like both PVE and PVP, but that's probably because of the cool guys in the guild. There is a lot of bad stuff going on that needs to be addressed.

NCSOFT has overestimated the current content. It's just not enough to keep the more invested base going. if the core players feel bored very fast and have dozens of complaints about localisation, lags and the real-money-shop, loot, you're not going to get many new blood into the game. They need to address the issues and deliver content faster and react quickly and transparent to complaints if they want to succeed. 50 cap can't come enough, given how Summoners dominate everything. Players feeling like they have to choose a certain class to stay competitive, while getting constantly floored with another (BD is still the sandbag of PVP), you are doing something wrong. Especially in a game where the duel PVP is an important, if not THE core and the great sales argument. They need to hire people to quickly crunch out fixes to the translation, community managers that don't look like bots with canned responses and new content. Warlock equipment dropping while Warlock being still far away is disgusting and doesn't help the perception that the rng is rigged as fuck.

I have no idea. But I think you can do a solo run with BD. Probably lotta videos of people doing that out there, maybe take a look at those.

While I agree that NCSOFT has a lot of issues to work through, I'm on the other side of the fence regarding content. I think there is actually too much to do right now. For someone with a full time job and responsibilities, I find it extremely difficult to have time to complete everything daily during the week.

Look at this:

24 Man POH
4/6 Man POH
24 Man BSH
4/6 Man BSH
'Big 4' Dungeons
Mushin's Tower
PVP Faction Dailies
PVP Arena Dailies
PVP Arena (in general)
Blackwyrm/Terror Farm
Outfit Farming
etc.

Sin actually does higher dps when out of stealth and 5 stacks of poison because of animation cancelled lmb rmb f over and over. Dark strike also hits harder than lightning pierce (for your f skill, the left path is out of stealth, middle is close shave for pvp, and the right is lightning pierce for stealth builds) but you also need good crit rates to do it right. How I play is that I poison with my 4, throw down a non-stealth smoke bomb for focus regen, go ham, then I go stealth for some more consistent dps and help reduce aggro. You can pure stealth, taking the lightning pierce for f and the right branch of lightning rend, that is the safer option, since you are in stealth all the time and lightning rend will help restore focus.

If you have more than 1 sin in a party, they can rotate stacking poisons to have high uptime on the out of stealth dps. Once we get better hongmoon skills it will be much easier to stack poison consistently solo. You can really pull aggro with sin dps so the tank has to do a good job. The other class that can pull aggro is fm because thwey are always firing away since sin is melee and has to gtfo to dodge things.

yaffi

The actual forum announcement said 3:45 and the twitter said 2.8 hours(whatever that means), so yeah it was like, they had no idea how long it was I guess, but I expected 4hours.

At one point the Twitter said 3,7 hours, so yeah.

edit: And it's up.

Top Bottom