• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
While I agree that NCSOFT has a lot of issues to work through, I'm on the other side of the fence regarding content. I think there is actually too much to do right now. For someone with a full time job and responsibilities, I find it extremely difficult to have time to complete everything daily during the week.

Look at this:

24 Man POH
4/6 Man POH
24 Man BSH
4/6 Man BSH
'Big 4' Dungeons
Mushin's Tower
PVP Faction Dailies
PVP Arena Dailies
PVP Arena (in general)
Blackwyrm/Terror Farm
Outfit Farming
etc.

Lord help you if you have an alt you like as well. \o/

Can reduce on a bunch of stuff as you gear up though. I mean gold is still nice and all but you don't have to do everything. Last day I'm doing 40daillies on my BM, I'm reaching HM3 today then I'll just stick to BSH24/6, Poh4, Brightstone, Mushin and then PvP daillies on my other 2 chars too + mushin on smn. Should only take a couple of hours this way, rest I don't care about. Maybe poh24, can get it done in 15mins sometimes.

While I agree that NCSOFT has a lot of issues to work through, I'm on the other side of the fence regarding content. I think there is actually too much to do right now. For someone with a full time job and responsibilities, I find it extremely difficult to have time to complete everything daily during the week.

Look at this:

24 Man POH
4/6 Man POH
24 Man BSH
4/6 Man BSH
'Big 4' Dungeons
Mushin's Tower
PVP Faction Dailies
PVP Arena Dailies
PVP Arena (in general)
Blackwyrm/Terror Farm
Outfit Farming
etc.

Yeah the biggest problem I'm having is that there is way too much stuff for me to do everyday and I have a full time job too. Coming from an MMO which suffers from the complete lack of anything worth doing once you did your daily dungeon in FFXIV, the sheer quantity of daily content in this game is nothing short of overkill. Koreans love their grind though, so here we are.

Quicknock

Banned
[...]but BDs have like... nothing really? At least nothing that seems out of the ordinary that makes it any easier.
Never touched BD, huh?

BD has extremely strong AoE damage with Wind Soul. Vacuum dual strike and 3-point anklebiter to keep trash CC'd while dealing massive damage with Rolling Typhoon. Take the 400% defense tab on top to just roll around and gather everything in the room before hosing it down in a single combo.

Single-target DPS is also extremely high - yes, on par with the other high-tier single target DPS classes, provided you take the Lightning Soul build, which grants tremendous draw stance uptime and basically lets you go HAM on any boss's ass. We have the ability to KD joint attack right off the bat followed by a grip during which we deal HUGE DAMAGE (unlike Destroyer which does absolutely no damage during a grab), which gives us valuable breathing room during intense boss fights. The only real issue is the fact that the draw stance parry (specced T) has the same 0.5s window as our tab parry and goes on cd if you fail to time it properly, which means your only other defensive abilities are Q/E, SS, and Z (but you should be using your Z offensively in this build).

Mind you, I'm apparently one of the top 20 BDs in NA, so my experience does not necessarily jive with the rest of the Western world, but I think we have some of the greatest potential of all the classes. I certainly had no trouble soloing Ogong, at least.

Maybe I should record a video some time.

Lord help you if you have an alt you like as well. \o/
I haven't even touched my alt at all since the last update. Just got no time. You pretty much have to be a NEET to have enough time to gear out two characters, haha.

The two months between last update and next is pretty much necessary for anyone who's not a complete no-lifer (I say that affectionately) to get at least one character fully caught up.

Kintaro

Never touched BD, huh?

BD has extremely strong AoE damage with Wind Soul. Vacuum dual strike and 3-point anklebiter to keep trash CC'd while dealing massive damage with Rolling Typhoon. Take the 400% defense tab on top to just roll around and gather everything in the room before hosing it down in a single combo.

Single-target DPS is also extremely high - yes, on par with the other high-tier single target DPS classes, provided you take the Lightning Soul build, which grants tremendous draw stance uptime and basically lets you go HAM on any boss's ass. We have the ability to KD joint attack right off the bat followed by a grip during which we deal HUGE DAMAGE (unlike Destroyer which does absolutely no damage during a grab), which gives us valuable breathing room during intense boss fights. The only real issue is the fact that the draw stance parry (specced T) has the same 0.5s window as our tab parry and goes on cd if you fail to time it properly, which means your only other defensive abilities are Q/E, SS, and Z (but you should be using your Z offensively in this build).

Mind you, I'm apparently one of the top 20 BDs in NA, so my experience does not necessarily jive with the rest of the Western world, but I think we have some of the greatest potential of all the classes. I certainly had no trouble soloing Ogong, at least.

Maybe I should record a video some time.

I haven't even touched my alt at all since the last update. Just got no time. You pretty much have to be a NEET to have enough time to gear out two characters, haha.

The two months between last update and next is pretty much necessary for anyone who's not a complete no-lifer (I say that affectionately) to get at least one character fully caught up.

Can you assist me with some specs or something? I'm really no good with that sort of thing, although your post has already helped me out a bit. I still struggle with Junghado and I would like to really excel at BD but I feel like I'm fucking up somewhere. =/

Quicknock

Banned
Can you assist me with some specs or something? I'm really no good with that sort of thing, although your post has already helped me out a bit. I still struggle with Junghado and I would like to really excel at BD but I feel like I'm fucking up somewhere. =/
For Junghado in particular, it's all about knowing his patterns and keeping him down as much as possible. Going with a wind build is the safest bet, using your tab parry liberally to stun him when he gets aggressive and being sure to grab him whenever your grab's off cd (don't forget to blade swarm the crap out of him!).

Here's a basic build example for him: https://bnstree.com/BD?build=450100...111321131120221200233043340731126111443115711

Points in drain are optional. Could also put two points into Take Flight for more damage, or put it into Lightning Slash for the same purpose (you'll want to save it for when you knock him down anyway).

Save your X for when he uses his invincible knock-up combo. If he uses it twice in a row, either chug an immunity potion or use tab followed by Q/E/SS to avoid the final hit.

Also, since this is apparently a thing a lot of BDs miss, the combo during Draw Stance is to hit LMB -> F -> LMB -> F repeatedly while canceling the animation for F with LMB as soon as the damage is done. (I personally just use R -> F instead as I prefer the "classic" keyboard controls, but that's just me).

cHinzo

Do I miss much when not doing any PvP related stuff? I hate PvP in general and already had to force myself to do those faction quests, because I need the soulstones, but totally don't enjoy getting ganked over and over when doing those quests peacefully.

tatsuki

Do I miss much when not doing any PvP related stuff? I hate PvP in general and already had to force myself to do those faction quests, because I need the soulstones, but totally don't enjoy getting ganked over and over when doing those quests peacefully.

Just check with faction chat to see what channel everyone is on in your server. It will make everything much easier. Soha Channel 1 Misty Woods is basically the designated Crimson channel for doing the daily faction quests and farming insignias. The Ceruleans basically gave up coming to it

Hoplatee

Any idea what that update did?

Going from True Profane to True Siren only gives you 15 AP. Think about the cost to do that and compare to the cost of the gem. That Diamond is crazy. It's also what instantly turns a struggle to beat Junghado's enrage into a stroll through the park.

Aye. It really is crazy and fantastic. Funny enough I noticed it the most during my dailies. It is awesome :D

Have you tried any of the 4 or 6 man variants of POH and BSH? They are infinitely better than the 24 man versions. You actually have to execute mechanics, coordinate with team members, pay attention to boss movements, and dodge effectively (especially in the 4 man versions). From what I have heard, the PVE content gets even better later on but I don't know if there is any truth to that.

I do agree that the PVE content becomes tiresome when done daily but that has been the case with pretty much every MMO ever. In the case of B&S, the fun combat mechanics and aggressive content release schedule will sustain me. It also helps to have a good guild/clan and to play with friends as the social aspect is one of the biggest draws of a MMO to begin with. I also enjoy PVP, so there's that.

Yeah. Did it all. Just not done harbor 6 and poh 4. Will do on thursday. With pugs obviously haha. Not in a guild :( so i am bit scared.

I hate it as well and just swap to some empty channel. Its 10/15 minutes of work if nothing goes bad.

Only other option would be arena for stones but yeah. You hate pvp so that probably not gonna happen then :D

Kintaro

For Junghado in particular, it's all about knowing his patterns and keeping him down as much as possible. Going with a wind build is the safest bet, using your tab parry liberally to stun him when he gets aggressive and being sure to grab him whenever your grab's off cd (don't forget to blade swarm the crap out of him!).

Here's a basic build example for him: https://bnstree.com/BD?build=450100...111321131120221200233043340731126111443115711

Points in drain are optional. Could also put two points into Take Flight for more damage, or put it into Lightning Slash for the same purpose (you'll want to save it for when you knock him down anyway).

Save your X for when he uses his invincible knock-up combo. If he uses it twice in a row, either chug an immunity potion or use tab followed by Q/E/SS to avoid the final hit.

Also, since this is apparently a thing a lot of BDs miss, the combo during Draw Stance is to hit LMB -> F -> LMB -> F repeatedly while canceling the animation for F with LMB as soon as the damage is done. (I personally just use R -> F instead as I prefer the "classic" keyboard controls, but that's just me).

Thank you for the tips. I will be honest, i have been working on a Destroyer and was debating on making it my main but i still enjoy my furry Yoda. Just at a spot where upgrading gear will take a lot of time and i didnt feel like im good at the class. Lol

Guess i should shift focus and try to acquire a best SS and AP diamond while improving my game

Quicknock

Banned
Pondering whether or not to buy some HM Coins through the exchange. I can make quite a lot of gold every day just by selling the soulstones I get (especially the ones from the platinum soulstone bag), so this looks like a decent option to take. Hm...

Any idea what that update did?
Below are the list of changes introduced within the update:
  • The Currency Exchange ( Ctrl+C ) is now available
  • Fixed an issue where players are unable to complete the skill quests from Bloodshade Harbor Skill Scrolls
    • Note: The Hastily Scribbled Note is available from the same NPC, updated text coming soon.
    • Note: You can turn in the quest at Mushin's Tower
  • Fixed an issue where many costumes that can be salvaged did not show what they can be salvaged into within their tooltips
    • Note: No changes were made to which costumes can currently be salvaged
  • Blackram General Uniform and Noble of the Sea costumes can now be deposited into the Wardrobe
  • Updated formatting for Skill descriptions. This is the first step of our Skill description overhaul!
  • The Play Now button is now greyed out in the Launcher when servers are under maintenance.
  • Routine server maintenance and modifications

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
.eJwNyMENwyAMAMBdGAAwRAayRgeIEEGQKokRdl5Vd2_veR_1zFOtqosMXo3ZDy40d81CM7eqG1E7ax4H60KXySK59KvewgZsCg49YLIugseEBpb0jwRpgYg-eh_Mq8xab-4kG6B1EDZrQb9HU98fBRImcw.OuXJngryn_1cJWpo34io4y8Pnig.jpg

I ran into a alt guild member you better believe it Kappa

arimanius

Just check with faction chat to see what channel everyone is on in your server. It will make everything much easier. Soha Channel 1 Misty Woods is basically the designated Crimson channel for doing the daily faction quests and farming insignias. The Ceruleans basically gave up coming to it

Yeah if you pick Cerulean faction like I did you are at the mercy of Crimson to get your stuff done.

sbkodama

I really thank to someone cross server which late me the infernal outfit for nothing at the end of a run where he was helping me fo my weapon, after I saw it at more than 80 at a precedent run.
It's rare for me to not see too many selfish players in mmo and b&s rng and economy doesn't help it.

160217113718413367.png

Zand

Neo Member

I hope that you spec chi(mana) regen into your Grab while in a group, otherwise, I would hate you. The reason why Destroyers do no damage when they hold a mob, is that they allow the group to do massive damage to the mob via chi regen / crit buff.

Jayhawk

.eJwNyMENwyAMAMBdGAAwRAayRgeIEEGQKokRdl5Vd2_veR_1zFOtqosMXo3ZDy40d81CM7eqG1E7ax4H60KXySK59KvewgZsCg49YLIugseEBpb0jwRpgYg-eh_Mq8xab-4kG6B1EDZrQb9HU98fBRImcw.OuXJngryn_1cJWpo34io4y8Pnig.jpg

I ran into a alt guild member you better believe it Kappa

The direct link for your image forces the resolution to 400x300. lol
I had to manually edit the URL just to be able to see the enlarged version of the image and read the names of the members. Maybe I need better vision to be able to view details in a 400x300 world.

WaterAstro

Sounds like you are doing it wrong tbh.
You can stealth by kicking a poisoned enemy, you can stealth with the cloud, you can stealth by swapping position with an add and approaching from back right after that. While in stealth you can re stealth with your 3, with your 1 and if you are out of stealth and everything is in cd just use your poison 3 and plant a flower and something will be available by then. (this rarely happens when you do it right)
If you just spam your abilities then of course you won't stay in stealth or do dmg.

Edit: Forgot that you can stealth with your counter and q too.

Yeah, I had polished up my stealthing since I last posted. I was practicing in the Dreadwater Arena or whatever that place is called. I'm able to do permastealth when I'm solo. The trouble is still there with people flipping the boss back and forth so my 1 will fail stealth, and also my Hook Kick will sometimes fail because the boss will somehow start an attack just before I do it and break my stealth.

You can stealth with Q? I do Q all the time, but it doesn't put me in stealth. I can see it says stealth when resist, but when does that ever happen.

Sin actually does higher dps when out of stealth and 5 stacks of poison because of animation cancelled lmb rmb f over and over. Dark strike also hits harder than lightning pierce (for your f skill, the left path is out of stealth, middle is close shave for pvp, and the right is lightning pierce for stealth builds) but you also need good crit rates to do it right. How I play is that I poison with my 4, throw down a non-stealth smoke bomb for focus regen, go ham, then I go stealth for some more consistent dps and help reduce aggro. You can pure stealth, taking the lightning pierce for f and the right branch of lightning rend, that is the safer option, since you are in stealth all the time and lightning rend will help restore focus.

If you have more than 1 sin in a party, they can rotate stacking poisons to have high uptime on the out of stealth dps. Once we get better hongmoon skills it will be much easier to stack poison consistently solo. You can really pull aggro with sin dps so the tank has to do a good job. The other class that can pull aggro is fm because thwey are always firing away since sin is melee and has to gtfo to dodge things.

Nice, I'll try that out. I can sort of figure out how that build works looking at the skills. Is there a way to save skill sets?

So how does aggro work? When I permastealth and mess up, I get aggro immediately. It feels like you're gathering aggro when stealth, which seems obvious, but you do so much damage that I get destroyed if stealth breaks. If non-stealth spec does that much damage, what are the ways to maintain low aggro?

Aggro shouldn't be an issue if the tank is competent, but I haven't seen many people actually even bother trying to tank. A lot don't even bother specing into the threat buff, and a good bunch of those that do have the typical mmo tank mentality and are stacking health/def/evasion/block on their soul shields and not doing enough damage to actually hold aggro properly.

Generally speaking, unless you massively overgear the tank, it shouldn't be a problem at all to hold aggro due to having 250% threat modifier(or I think it works like that? It says additional 150%, so I assume it's +150% and not 150% total but tooltips in this game...).

cHinzo

I hate it as well and just swap to some empty channel. Its 10/15 minutes of work if nothing goes bad.

Only other option would be arena for stones but yeah. You hate pvp so that probably not gonna happen then :D

Yeah usually it's quick and painless when everything goes well. I just finish those faction quests late at night and hope most of the people are asleep. :\

NeOak

Going from True Profane to True Siren only gives you 15 AP. Think about the cost to do that and compare to the cost of the gem. That Diamond is crazy. It's also what instantly turns a struggle to beat Junghado's enrage into a stroll through the park.
How can I get that?

Hubb

Has anyone done anything with the currency exchange? I put up some gold, but it seems flooded with gold. Not optimistic that I'm getting anything out of what I put up.

Has anyone done anything with the currency exchange? I put up some gold, but it seems flooded with gold. Not optimistic that I'm getting anything out of what I put up.

Yeah the rates aren't good so not sure anyone's gonna buy, and a lot of people have way more gold than they need. I mean I put up 12gold and if it sold I could buy 23dragon pouches. That doesn't make much sense to me. Should cost like 30-50gold to get that many coins, and it'd probably sell a lot better at those rates.

Hubb

Yeah the rates aren't good so not sure anyone's gonna buy, and a lot of people have way more gold than they need. I mean I put up 12gold and if it sold I could buy 23dragon pouches. That doesn't make much sense to me. Should cost like 30-50gold to get that many coins, and it'd probably sell a lot better at those rates.

I wouldn't overestimate how much gold some people have, but I agree. The game actually wouldn't let me go as low as I would have if given the option. I'm not sure why they don't just let people put it up for w/e they want. Must be some kind of anti-abuse thing.

NeOak

I wouldn't overestimate how much gold some people have, but I agree. The game actually wouldn't let me go as low as I would have if given the option. I'm not sure why they don't just let people put it up for w/e they want. Must be some kind of anti-abuse thing.
Sounds like China's stock market.

It will crash soon if it doesn't move.

Sounds like China's stock market.

It will crash soon if it doesn't move.

Well it's not gonna "crash", but NCsoft will change the values. Thing is currently you can't go any lower than 67coins per gold, and realistically, that's not a good rate when people have been doing 1gold for 50coins in faction chat for weeks. I don't even know why there's a lower limit or why it's that high. Lower limit should be like 1g for 10coins or whatever, then let people actually decide what it's worth.

WaterAstro

So who's the best "ranged" class. Any class that can fight bosses at safe distance.

I like my assassin, but I want to do an opposite playstyle for a second character.

tatsuki

I put up 9 separate 1 gold sales and they all sold rather quickly. I got 540 hongmoon coin out of it. I'll just hang on to w/e hongmoon coin I get until something that interests me gets put up on the store.

Look at this:

24 Man POH
4/6 Man POH
24 Man BSH
4/6 Man BSH
'Big 4' Dungeons
Mushin's Tower
PVP Faction Dailies
PVP Arena Dailies
PVP Arena (in general)
Blackwyrm/Terror Farm
Outfit Farming
etc.
Preach

Quicknock

Banned
Recorded a video of my killing Junghado, but not sure if it's worth going through the trouble of posting it. My play is kind of sloppy. Then again, maybe that's good for giving some tips? I dnno, we'll see.

I hope that you spec chi(mana) regen into your Grab while in a group, otherwise, I would hate you. The reason why Destroyers do no damage when they hold a mob, is that they allow the group to do massive damage to the mob via chi regen / crit buff.
I spec the chi regen regardless, just because Blade Swarm requires 6 chi (+2 for Soul Stab) and it's a complete waste to sit there spamming 4 trying to get enough chi to Blade Swarm them.

Yeah, I had polished up my stealthing since I last posted. I was practicing in the Dreadwater Arena or whatever that place is called. I'm able to do permastealth when I'm solo. The trouble is still there with people flipping the boss back and forth so my 1 will fail stealth, and also my Hook Kick will sometimes fail because the boss will somehow start an attack just before I do it and break my stealth.

You can stealth with Q? I do Q all the time, but it doesn't put me in stealth. I can see it says stealth when resist, but when does that ever happen.

Nice, I'll try that out. I can sort of figure out how that build works looking at the skills. Is there a way to save skill sets?

So how does aggro work? When I permastealth and mess up, I get aggro immediately. It feels like you're gathering aggro when stealth, which seems obvious, but you do so much damage that I get destroyed if stealth breaks. If non-stealth spec does that much damage, what are the ways to maintain low aggro?

You can stealth with Q, but you basically need to do it right before an attack lands on you. A tip for both pve and pvp is that if the enemy has a charge move and you have aggro, if they are charging at you spam Q at farther than 3m, when the enemy comes in range, you will get stealth and teleport to their back. Ex. If you think a destroyer is going to jump or charge, keep mashing q and you will get to their back.

When you break stealth, you will gain aggro, so it's up to your tank to be good enough to regain aggro back (Since during the time you are in stealth, your tank should be landing blocks, counters, and what not to build aggro). But since I am alternating between stealth and non-stealth, when I come out of stealth to stack poison and run the combo, I try to have an iframe move available, such as lotus dance and and lotus flower, this way, if I see a big attack aimed at me, then I can iframe right through it. It also helps that the bosses have patterns and tells, getting to know them is extremely important, because a lot of them follow a set pattern.

Hubb

SFV salt is making me not want to do anything tonight. May just hit the hay early. :(

If you ever want to spar I am down, I do suck at the game though.

I put up 9 separate 1 gold sales and they all sold rather quickly. I got 540 hongmoon coin out of it. I'll just hang on to w/e hongmoon coin I get until something that interests me gets put up on the store.

Maybe I will try putting up smaller denominations.

Extra question: Every time we complete this daily dash do we get 2 pouches or is it just the first time through?

Quicknock

Banned
Looks like they are teasing the Warlock release on their twitter.

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/700102240111972352
Oh hey, didn't expect that. I guess we'd be the only region to get WL before level 50 at this rate. Hopefully that means Soul Fighter/Chi Master isn't too far behind.

Extra question: Every time we complete this daily dash do we get 2 pouches or is it just the first time through?
It's every time, just like the CBT dash.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wow I didn't know they included gold:NC Coin trading.

Yeah I just going to stop all PVE activities and purely do PVP from now on. There are no points, I only have times to play a few hours a day, there are no way I can keep up with the inflation.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
The direct link for your image forces the resolution to 400x300. lol
I had to manually edit the URL just to be able to see the enlarged version of the image and read the names of the members. Maybe I need better vision to be able to view details in a 400x300 world.

wait you can do that??? I'm still a noob to neogaf forums and stuff lol

I can now confirm that the reported bug is real.

If you clear Mushin's Tower F7, you can walk back down to F6, then walk back up to F7, and the door to F8 will be open. You can then walk to F8 and look at the empty room.

Top Bottom