• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Zand

Neo Member
Recorded a video of my killing Junghado, but not sure if it's worth going through the trouble of posting it. My play is kind of sloppy. Then again, maybe that's good for giving some tips? I dnno, we'll see.

I spec the chi regen regardless, just because Blade Swarm requires 6 chi (+2 for Soul Stab) and it's a complete waste to sit there spamming 4 trying to get enough chi to Blade Swarm them.

You're a good man/woman/whatever!

Recorded a video of my killing Junghado, but not sure if it's worth going through the trouble of posting it. My play is kind of sloppy. Then again, maybe that's good for giving some tips? I dnno, we'll see.

https://youtu.be/cBW1qG6euLs

I recorded myself killing him through the worst lag I've experienced in this game so far. You can see right at the start, I open with my Raid and stun him and just flail away because the server refused to let me launch him. Later he landed a full combo on me and had me at a sliver and I recovered and beat him anyways because fuck yo lag handicap Junghado. It's instructive in how to recover at least, and also it's important to learn to never stop until you're on the floor or your opponent is.

Ken

Anyone have a PVE destroyer guide they can point me to? Almost 45 so I'd like to see how much I've been doing wrong lol.

Also is there a way to skip over Knee prompts if I'm trying to hit Grab, for example.

Anyone have a PVE destroyer guide they can point me to? Almost 45 so I'd like to see how much I've been doing wrong lol.

Also is there a way to skip over Knee prompts if I'm trying to hit Grab, for example.

Biggest thing about destroyer in group content is spec for the grab focus/crit thing(so everyone else does a ton of damage when you grab), and don't finish the grab with 4 > Piledriver because while it looks awesome, it's absolute garbage and wastes a ton of time. Just throw the fucker on the ground and resume attacking it, you'll do more damage this way yourself anyway, and everyone else doesn't have to wait while you take the boss on a romantic trip and back.

I don't know that much else other than these, I'm sure there's detailed guides somewhere.

yaffi

The most important thing is to learn how to do the animation cancel (lb/rb).

cHinzo

Damn the new content (Warlock, Mushin floor 8 and Naryu Lab) is gonna drop on 2/3 March. Just got my soul shield farmed up and it's gonna be obsolete again with the new shield? >.>

Tabby

Damn the new content (Warlock, Mushin floor 8 and Naryu Lab) is gonna drop on 2/3 March. Just got my soul shield farmed up and it's gonna be obsolete again with the new shield? >.>

Man. They are quick with new content. DIdn't expect to get Warlock so soon.

Sölf

I must admit, while I haven't defeated Junghado yet (and it seems that's a build issue with KFM), I am getting somewhat bored already. The powercreep in this game is insane, so I am happy the new content is coming sooner rather than later. Also, since the Naryu Labyrinth is somewhat randomized, I hope that will last a bit longer. BSH is already somewhat dull after only 4 or 5 runs I did, because it's rather easy already.

Chariot

You gonna have an easier time farmin the new content with a good SS. Can't wait to kick Mushin's arse and conquer the Lab with the guild.

Fuz

Banned
So... the money exchange trading count as marketplace trades?

This is weird: I put some gold up to sell yesterday (a few hours before the reset - I posted only 9 transactions), now I try to sell more and says that I exceeded the limit for the day.
How the hell does it works?

Edit: apparently I can post items on the marketplace. So they're on a separate limit.

Baconmonk

Just made a new yun force master on Mushin, how active is the NA gaf crew? I've been feeling the MMO itch and need something to keep me occupied until Legion comes out in Sept.

The combat and traversal seems cool so far, just hope it isn't too crazy grindy near the end game.

Hubb

Well all 50 of my gold sold overnight, and got more out of it than I expected. No clue who is buying, but I am selling.

Pejo

So I appreciate the Believe It clan inviting my Force Master, but is there a shot I can get him kicked out and my assassin added instead? I've put way more hours into Assassin and feel it's a better fit for me, and i'm really getting bored having no one to chat to on it.

Sorry to be high maintenance, haha. I hate when guilds are character bound instead of account bound.

Anyways, I won't be on until after work, but I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

As far as progress, I made it to the big desert city last night on Assassin, I'm making some good progress. Farmed the Golden Deva for a few hours and got the body/accessory, I really like the look of it on a Male Jin. I think I'll keep going for the helmet. I regret picking the hairstyle that I did for my character, but I'm not spending real money to change it, so I'll just change it with hats.

Man, when the combos really open up in this game, it's really a ton of fun for just any random battle. I can't tell you how perfectly this game captures the feeling of being an assassin. Going invisible, backstabs, teleportation, aerial combos, planting bombs, poison and bleed, it's just got it all. I'm going to hate playing a rogue/assassin class in any game after this.

Yushi

Too many games, BNS might take a slight slow down soon in march( anyone in the guild would know ive been playing a lot)

FE:F, Division, Dark Souls 3

Danganronpa interrest me.

Hitman (maybe) SF5 (once there much shit)

TOO MANY GAMEZ

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Too many games, BNS might take a slight slow down soon in march( anyone in the guild would know ive been playing a lot)

FE:F, Division, Dark Souls 3

Danganronpa interrest me.

Hitman (maybe) SF5 (once there much shit)

TOO MANY GAMEZ

Just sticking with B&S and SFV for now. =)

Kudo

Just finished The Walking Dead games, gotta finish Uncharted 3 before 4, Gravity Rush and my replays of DS1/Sotfs. This weekend with The Division Beta.
Slowed down my pace playin' BnS still waiting for those Moonwater Stones to come down in price and stacking some gold with dailies. So much content I wish I could play it more but as it is MMO other games take priority for me, it's always great to come back though to game packed full of content.

Kintaro

Just finished The Walking Dead games, gotta finish Uncharted 3 before 4, Gravity Rush and my replays of DS1/Sotfs. This weekend with The Division Beta.
Slowed down my pace playin' BnS still waiting for those Moonwater Stones to come down in price and stacking some gold with dailies. So much content I wish I could play it more but as it is MMO other games take priority for me, it's always great to come back though to game packed full of content.

Bwahahaha =(

Kintaro

My Destroyer is almost and farming profane jiganshi. Almost done with things soon. Then the real struggle begins. Trying to keep up with dailies. =x

Soul stone dailies continue to be a must though.

Ken

Biggest thing about destroyer in group content is spec for the grab focus/crit thing(so everyone else does a ton of damage when you grab), and don't finish the grab with 4 > Piledriver because while it looks awesome, it's absolute garbage and wastes a ton of time. Just throw the fucker on the ground and resume attacking it, you'll do more damage this way yourself anyway, and everyone else doesn't have to wait while you take the boss on a romantic trip and back.

I don't know that much else other than these, I'm sure there's detailed guides somewhere.

Is that how that Grab trait works? I feel like I'm reading some Google Translate text every time I go to look at skills.

The most important thing is to learn how to do the animation cancel (lb/rb).

Yeah I spent 39 levels figuring that out (and like half of those trying to do it without max boost Cleave trait lol) so now I'm trying to figure out the rest of the kit.

Hubb

Wasn't disagreeing with you, just saying the free wardrobe would be better in the long run.

For the players it would, if they took the wardrobe out of premium many people would probably drop it. I'd be all for them doing something like nonpremium members can access their wardrobe when they are at a bank or something, and premium members could use it anywhere.

I'm all for them giving it for free, but looking at premium bonuses (now that queues aren't a real issue) they really isn't much it to without the wardrobe. Specially at the lower ranks, but I am all for them beefing up what premium membership offers and giving away the wardrobe (including making it account wide, which has no chance of happening).

You're such a peach to talk to.

Thanks, you can pm me any time you want to talk.

Nice! Warlock update on March 2nd, free character slot, and new content. Warlock will be my new main...alt.

Is that how that Grab trait works? I feel like I'm reading some Google Translate text every time I go to look at skills.

Yeah I spent 39 levels figuring that out (and like half of those trying to do it without max boost Cleave trait lol) so now I'm trying to figure out the rest of the kit.

Translations are terrible but they are at least committed to updating and fixing them. There have already been a few updates.

Like Jayhawk said, bnstree.com is good place to start. Not only are the skill translations better than the actual game but some people will post details about their build and why they chose a particular setup. There should also be a few guides on bladeandsouldojo.com and on Youtube.

tatsuki

hhhmmmmmmm anyone got kicked off BnS ???

Seems to be back now. Maybe they just tripped over the chord.

The journey of leveling my alt yun bm continues.

OMG skillpoints reset again...

Edit- Maybe they didn't. It showed me that they did at first but when I reopened the skillbook everything was in place.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Yooooo whaaaat? Shit we may get Soul Fighter in the next month or two at this rate. Let's go!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sölf;195752624 said:
I must admit, while I haven't defeated Junghado yet (and it seems that's a build issue with KFM), I am getting somewhat bored already. The powercreep in this game is insane, so I am happy the new content is coming sooner rather than later. Also, since the Naryu Labyrinth is somewhat randomized, I hope that will last a bit longer. BSH is already somewhat dull after only 4 or 5 runs I did, because it's rather easy already.

Here's the build that I'm using to deal with Jung. I just focus on maxing out my searing palm and then go ape with my Fighting Spirit and Tremor buff.

We're going to get Warlock before the 50 cap, the first region to have that happen. Balance is going to be cray cray.

Also I heard Mushin's Tower 8F makes Junghado look like a mid-boss. Which he actually is. Shit gonna be real.

I'm excited :D

cHinzo

We're going to get Warlock before the 50 cap, the first region to have that happen. Balance is going to be cray cray.

Also I heard Mushin's Tower 8F makes Junghado look like a mid-boss. Which he actually is. Shit gonna be real.

I'm excited :D

Bloodshade Harbor is getting too easy. I'm ready for the new content. Just sad that I need to do so much catchup. Weapon is still stuck at True Profane and Acessories at Infernal. >_>

_woLf

It's really strange to me how they can unlock content so independent from one another in this game. I really didn't see us getting Warlock or 50/the new continent until early April when all the highest-tiered founder packs expired in order to inspire people to buy more premium again.

Huh. Not complaining, but very strange.

Upgraded to True Siren sword today(from True Profane), I'm a few hundred golds lighter, but feels good to not be too far behind the curve anymore.

Definitely looking forward to new content, while the pace is quick, I feel it's just fast enough that as soon as I get really bored of a dungeon, a new one pops up.

And it feels kinda nice to run poh4 and bulldoze everything compared to the first poh6 runs where people would die everywhere and I'd die tanking every boss. Now I enjoy trying to not get hit by anything other than the autoattacks(which there's no real point in blocking, other than on Mak Sobo or whatever his name is, his fireballs hurt). Poharan herself still tricks me though, she'll go to the middle, and then just forget about doing her explosion shit because the DPS was too high and instead resume her normal pattern, which coincidentally is her grab first, or I take a tiger right in the back while getting ready to dodge an attack.

BSH4 is still kinda challenging as I've only run it a couple of times, but it's mostly Hae Mujin and the damn spins that get me. Oh and sometimes I don't know why, I fail dodging the lightning like 3times in a row, even though other times I can dodge it perfectly the entire fight.

Really like the PvE content in this game, it feels very fun to play, it's not just the leveling and solo content but the grouping also makes good use of all your abilities and make the combat really shine. That said what I'm most looking forward to is Mushin.

It's really strange to me how they can unlock content so independent from one another in this game. I really didn't see us getting Warlock or 50/the new continent until early April when all the highest-tiered founder packs expired in order to inspire people to buy more premium again.

Huh. Not complaining, but very strange.

They mentionned they wanted to bring people up to par quickly for PvP esports world stuff. Can't really compete on even ground if we're on a version 5levels behind with classes missing and stuff(I assume soul fighter won't be in the next tournament for balance reason at least). Also obviously, the date is fairly relevant, it's Black Desert's release date, so releasing Warlock which a lot of people were waiting for makes sense.

cHinzo

Just found out u can skip certain parts of a dungeon by backstepping through the door. Am I the last one to find out about it or is it not that common? Could do it at the end of BSH at the part with the flamethrowers and at Ogong's dungeon u can backstep through every door towards Ogong itself lol.

I hope btw they are giving us some time to upgrade our stuff before they drop the lvl 50 content bomb. Is there anything between Naryu Lab/Mushin 8 and lvl 50?

Just found out u can skip certain parts of a dungeon by backstepping through the door. Am I the last one to find out about it or is it not that common? Could do it at the end of BSH at the part with the flamethrowers and at Ogong's dungeon u can backstep through every door towards Ogong itself lol.

I hope btw they are giving us some time to upgrade our stuff before they drop the lvl 50 content bomb. Is there anything between Naryu Lab/Mushin 8 and lvl 50?

You mean closed doors?

You mean closed doors?

Yeah it seems to be a bug, backstepping through them warps you on the other side. I use it to speed up Tomb of Exiles a little bit, you can backstep through the first locked door so you can skip killing the nameds on the way, assuming you manage to avoid aggroing them with jumps.

The Ogong one is pretty strong though as it lets you run a blue dungeon way fast. I'll need to time it on Summoner but I think it'd be around 5mins per run, so while you can't get merry potters recipe, you can farm tears a ton faster.

Kintaro

Couple of things:

Destroyer is at 45 and done with story! Woo! Now, I picked up the Moonwater SS to start. With the current content, should I aim for Mushin's SS or PoH first while I catch up on gear?

Top Bottom