• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Do people hate summoners in dungeons or something? lol

In PvP.

I think everyone loves summoners in dungeons, they make everything easier(well, other than taunting shit at the wrong time and rooting mobs so they stop their rotation, that's pretty annoying on Bloodmane). They give aoe healing, they can spec into group dandelion if they're not terrible and the pet is great at tanking if the tank dies/you have no tank/your tank is "speced for deeps" or at rezing people who die, including yourself. Some people complain that summoners are too good at soloing but meh.

Hoplatee

I made a Summoner because of all the hate it gets. I was curious. It was a great decision

I'm part of the problem guys. I made a Scummoner. I need to read a guide on how to bumrush it 1-45 in 15 hours or however that goes.

I reached level 20/21 in around two hours. It's nuts. Without soups.

Only mistake I made is doing everything in Cinderlands. Too much walking. Slowed me down.

Other really slow part are the intro chapters of Act 3 and around the end of Act 2 where zones only have 2 channels. Might be unlucky there with mob spawns.

Also swap channels as often as you can near nodes (and in general). I mined so much stuff 'abusing' that.

arimanius

So got my KFM to 45 started doing the tower, harbor, and e.fleet and it's just becoming aggravating. I like the i-frames and combos but after awhile my hands are killing me.

So apparently I'm just to old to play KFM lol. Anyone have any suggestions on a class that's a little slower pace but kind of the same? I have a destroyer at 45 and BM at 43, both are kind of meh to me but I'm willing to give them another try if they are the closet to kfm.

I suck at this game. Tried Junghado for an hour last night. I can now survive until he enrages, but he still has like 25-30% hp left. Better than me dying in about 30 seconds like I was when I first started the fight though.

Chariot

I suck at this game. Tried Junghado for an hour last night. I can now survive until he enrages, but he still has like 25-30% hp left. Better than me dying in about 30 seconds like I was when I first started the fight though.
What class, what stats, what equip, what skilltree, show us, maybe we can help.

Ken

Character Info

Skilltree

My skilltree is more set up for group play than what is ideal for Junghado I think, which is a slight problem, but I really hate having to reset everything.

Farm a pirate bracelet? Even just from the unseal it's a bit of free AP (like 5 or something?).

Only tip I have as a destroyer is not get hit by the counter and obviously his special move since the animations eat up a lot of time and therefore a lot of damage.

Farm a pirate bracelet? Even just from the unseal it's a bit of free AP (like 5 or something?).

Only tip I have as a destroyer is not get hit by the counter and obviously his special move since the animations eat up a lot of time and therefore a lot of damage.

The counter is still the one that gives me the most fits. I feel like the rest of his stuff is pretty easy. I'm actually saving cash for the +AP diamond, as the one I have is just additional damage.

Ken

The counter is still the one that gives me the most fits. I feel like the rest of his stuff is pretty easy. I'm actually saving cash for the +AP diamond, as the one I have is just additional damage.

I think he can be CC'd right until his counter stance and after that he resists until he gets you? I just spin around and hope for the best (lol), or iframe it since it's awhile until 50% when he adds his super to rotation.

I think he can be CC'd right until his counter stance and after that he resists until he gets you? I just spin around and hope for the best (lol), or iframe it since it's awhile until 50% when he adds his super to rotation.

On BM depending on the attack you use you can block his counter. The problem is some moves have longer animations and you can't block before his counter connects.

If you can live through his mechanics until enrage then you've already got the hard part down which is his douchey mechanics. Getting the 25 atk Diamond will be a huge boost to your atk power, you may or may not want to upgrade to Awakened Siren for the crit and piercing.

Farming a better SS is important too, I saw a huge benefit going from around 40% crit to 44% crit and now I'm around 51% crit and I can take him down with 50 seconds to spare. He is a DPS check and you need to both optimize your DPS uptime and get a minimum amount of gear.

Well there's 2 checks, the "do you know what I'm gonna do next" check and then the DPS check. I find that when you can predict what he does(other than his red aoe randomly in the middle of blade call, because fuck your burst yo), you can maximize your damage a lot more. Early on it's also good to pile on the CC, especially knockdowns. When you KD him, he always wakes up with his 1 skill which is an attack but if you attack him while he's doing it, he'll get knocked down again. Generally every KD is like 4-5secs of disable on him, so if your class has a bunch, you can chain CC him for stupid periods of time.

I'm at the point with my gear though where I don't even bother respecing at all for him, I use my normal setup, which only CC is one daze that I can't even use in draw stance/blade call. I just brute force him. If you do high damage, he'll go into the ice aoe phases a lot, and you get free damage during these, leading to the next aoe phase and so on. I tend to get like 2+mins on timer, sometimes like 1:30 cause he's spamming red aoes or I blade call at a stupid time and since I have no CC I can't keep him in it. Half the time I'm not blocking his crap anymore other than the daze > flash step combo and obviously red aoe combo, and just doing damage damage damage so he skips phases constantly.

Is the Daily Dash not working or is it just me?

Should work fine, not sure which part you have that's not working? The icon doesn't pop up again until you change zones, but you can open it via the Daily Dash menu and roll anyway.

Upgraded to Awakened Pirate today, probably going to finish True Pirate tomorrow as I need 3 more pirate emblems to buy the sword that doesn't want to drop in 4man. Saw a 13k crit flash step earlier, so that's nice.

Kinda annoyed they didn't add costumes this week though, I needed to spend some points to unlock premium rank4 when I resubbed for a month since I'm surprisingly not bored of the game yet, but with no new costumes and not really liking the existing one, I didn't know what to spend points on. Ended up getting a char slot and a moonwater key which I don't even know what I'm going to use it for. Maybe Brightstone chest on warlock or something.

Finaika

Should work fine, not sure which part you have that's not working? The icon doesn't pop up again until you change zones, but you can open it via the Daily Dash menu and roll anyway.

The icon doesn't pop up and nothing happens when I click on the ESC menu too :(

Isn't Gameguard incompatible with Windows 10?

EDIT: According to reddit Gameguard is causing a bunch of crashes for people now.

It's been working fine for me in Win10 since NA headstart.

I think GG was removed because it was crashing Razer software and NCSOFT has some promotion with Razer. Once that was fixed, they brought GG back.

_woLf

did the latest patch break the daily dash?

it doesn't load anymore and when I open menu and try to open it manually, nothing happens.

Cidd

It's been working fine for me in Win10 since NA headstart.

I think GG was removed because it was crashing Razer software and NCSOFT has some promotion with Razer. Once that was fixed, they brought GG back.

I've been crashing like crazy since last update, I can't go 30mins without crashing. it's hard to get anything done.

I've been crashing like crazy since last update, I can't go 30mins without crashing. it's hard to get anything done.

Stuff that apparently crashes the game: AVG and AMD Gaming Evolved. Probably other stuff too.

And yeah daily dash seems broken now, it was working fine a few hours ago but not anymore.

Cidd

Stuff that apparently crashes the game: AVG and AMD Gaming Evolved. Probably other stuff too.

And yeah daily dash seems broken now, it was working fine a few hours ago but not anymore.

I have neither of those installed, it was working ok before the patch it wasn't perfect but I could go a few hours without a crash. But now I can't even finish a dungeon or arena match without one.

it's really starting to piss me off.

I have neither of those installed, it was working ok before the patch it wasn't perfect but I could go a few hours without a crash. But now I can't even finish a dungeon or arena match without one.

If you want to be sure it's not software, start with a clean install of Windows on a second hard drive. Just pull the one you have out, stick the other one in, and install Windows fresh.

If it keeps crashing you have some hardware fault you need to iron out.

Weird, I seem to be disconnected from the server or something, I can't bring up character info and my party froze.

On a maybe related note, the official forums are getting murdered with spam.

Edit: Oop and there goes my game.

Well it's most likely one of your programs crashing because they reactivated gameguard this patch, so you need to figure out which. Remove everything that's not absolutely necessary. That includes mouse/keyboard programs, video capture, antivirus etc. If it still crashes, it's gonna be more annoying to find what it is, but it's most likely one of these.

Cidd

If you want to be sure it's not software, start with a clean install of Windows on a second hard drive. Just pull the one you have out, stick the other one in, and install Windows fresh.

If it keeps crashing you have some hardware fault you need to iron out.

The thing is, They are many others with the same issue i'm having, I don't think the problem
is on my end.

Untitled.jpg

NCsoft still haven't address it.

cHinzo

Would be dumb to if they actually ban people for using the exploit. Just fix ur game so people aren't able to do it and maybe focus on banning all those damn bots instead?

Chariot

They're essentially the same thing. I mean, it's not a huge deal because the enemies in that room take like 30 seconds, it would just be outrageous if they banned people over skipping two enemies.
Not really the same thing. What are they supposed to say "exploit away"? I doubt they will ever do really something. They know they'd be roasted while bots roam free.

Not really the same thing. What are they supposed to say "exploit away"? I doubt they will ever do really something. They know they'd be roasted while bots roam free.

They are supposed to fix the bug, that way there isn't an exploit.

And if they are not the same thing, are you going to keep doing it and be the first person banned?

Cidd

So I think I discovered what have been causing the disconnection error, well for me at least.
It seems anytime I switch to a different character while in game I get the dc/error. I do switch between my four characters for dailies and crafting so this happens a lot.

But if I close the game, relaunch and a select a character without switching I get no dc error. I've been error free for 2 hours now.

I don't know if this is on their end or mine but it just seems weird that it started happening after the last patch.

Cidd

So, I have all the materials I need to upgrade one of my four classes to awaken sirens weapon and accessories.

I was thinking of my Assassin to solo dungeons or is my summoner a better choice, Are they gonna nerf Assassin's solo potential next patch or am I safe?

So, I have all the materials I need to upgrade one of my four classes to awaken sirens weapon and accessories.

I was thinking of my Assassin to solo dungeons or is my summoner a better choice, Are they gonna nerf Assassin's solo potential next patch or am I safe?

They're never directly nerfing assassins, but they'll add more and more mobs that see through stealth so you can't solo them as easily. They're not going back and making Brightstone less soloable though. They are also technically buffing assassins next patch if we get the january balance patch, although I don't know if we are getting it or not.

As for the exploit thing, it's an exploit, don't use it. It's not a matter of them banning the bots or not or focusing on that or whatever, that's like completely unrelated matters. Because there's bots doesn't mean you should be exploiting bugs. Yes they should fix it and yes they are, but again, doesn't mean you get to exploit. It isn't really such a hard thing to understand, don't exploit, that's it. Doesn't matter what happens on the sides, if a lot of people are doing it, if people are exploiting other stuff, if the sun is turning blue, that does not in any way affect the result of people exploiting things and getting banned for it, it's basic mmo stuff.

That said, they've been fairly vague about what exactly they're going to do, and they said they'll be banning people who have been massively using the exploit, not just everyone who used it once a day to skip the BSH4 door or whatever. Mostly I assume they'll be looking at Ogong solo clear times and start banning from the lowest times and up. They say they have logs, but I highly doubt they have detailed logs of everything, that'd just be way too much crap to log.

But the logic that they shouldn't be banning exploiters, they should instead be banning bots is flawed. They should be banning both. They don't have to do one or the other. Most likely exploiters for this will only get temp bans though.

Top Bottom