• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Cidd

I upgraded my Assassin's weapon and accessories and soloed Brightstone Ruins and got a MERRY POTTER recipe on my first run lmao!!

happy-gof.gif

Maybe, but I've seen some serious assists from FMs in 3v3. Always like a good one on my team.

Opponent knocked in the air or trapped on the ground? Time for some damage.

They're easily one of the best class for assists. BM is good too if you have someone who can grab and isn't being an idiot and moving around. The Draw stance spam on someone gripped is ridiculous, can't really 100-0 in such a short time, but you can drop them like 60-70% with the hongmoon lightning draw. But FM can assist even people being air comboed as you said.

Finally got my True Pirate 10 sword. The grind(for this at least) is over. Now I need to get about 200more golds for the Hongmoon skill.

Quicknock

Banned
Maybe, but I've seen some serious assists from FMs in 3v3. Always like a good one on my team.

Opponent knocked in the air or trapped on the ground? Time for some damage.
Believe it or not, that 1800 3v3 rating came with a 13-win streak. So yeah, that FM assist is pretty brutal. :3

Hubb

Man, Soulstones continue their freefall on Mushin. 22s ea. =x

I know, it sucks. It was my major source of income. Until/if they deal with the bots the problem will never go away and they will continue to fall. Though I am sure the people buying them don't see it as a problem.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I know, it sucks. It was my major source of income. Until/if they deal with the bots the problem will never go away and they will continue to fall. Though I am sure the people buying them don't see it as a problem.

Well, hell...now is as good a time as ever to contribute to the clan to rank it up!

Chariot

Bots get more insane as time goes on. We now not only have turning Destroyers, but first reports of untargetable Summoners. They get hurt where they wanted to shine the most - in the PVP.

Quicknock

Banned
n6atsoa.jpg

lol

Bots get more insane as time goes on. We now not only have turning Destroyers, but first reports of untargetable Summoners. They get hurt where they wanted to shine the most - in the PVP.
For what it's worth, the summoners are just straight-up cheaters rather than bots.

It's ridiculous how blatant it is, though. Like they're just daring NCSoft to ban them.

Quicknock

Banned
On the plus side, if you reach a high rank with BM you at least know you're legit.

Back to the bot situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glnqlvH45LI

I fought against a bot exactly like this on my FM. It was bonkers. The perfect parries, the perfect accuracy, the inhuman reaction times...

I wasn't certain it was a bot at the time, but now that I know that this is a thing, I'll be sure to report next time I see one.

tatsuki

I just spent 13g on a diamond pouch and got the ap28 hex diamond. Should I just save it and give it to my warlock on start? I already have the ap25 diamond attached to my bm so I don't think I can justify the 3 ap gain.

tatsuki

Definitely give it to your warlock. The 3 AP gain isn't worth it.

And grats on that crazy luck, haha.
What are the other good gems right now besides the 170 crit amethyst? I transmuted a 360 hex attack ruby earlier as well and I'm kind of wishing that I sold it instead. It doesn't seem to do much of anything and I hear it only has a 5% chance of working on your hits.

pnQmyhV.png[

What I have currently.

Quicknock

Banned
What are the other good gems right now besides the 170 crit amethyst? I transmuted a 360 hex attack ruby earlier as well and I'm kind of wishing that I sold it instead. It doesn't seem to do much of anything and I hear it only has a 5% chance of working on your hits.
TBH, most effect gems that aren't amethysts just aren't going to be noticeable most of the time.

The 3 AP peridot was good while it was available, but of course that window has passed. I personally prefer stun rubies as they're great for dealing with the large crowds of trash in dungeons (and I have no idea why people pay so much for additional damage rubies, for the exact reason you stated).

Honestly, the fourth gem slot can just be whatever. As this point in time it's not going to have a material impact on your play.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

It's hilarious that BMs are so low on that list when it was one of the most popular classes people were rolling with on launch. Summoners completely fucked the class diversity on that end, and as people figured NCSoft weren't going to fix the problem... might as well be part of it. :lol

The Warlock summon isn't always out, it plays a lot differently from Scummoner from what little I've read. Also Warlock has been nerfed a lot and we're getting the nerfed one, apparently it's not very good in PvP post-nerf. The Warlock that dumpstered the FM in last year's Korean Tournament doesn't exist anymore.

Hubb

I bet it's like Nexon's thing where you can buy a pricier "unlocked permanently" version.

They said on stream that they were looking at adding an item to the store that lets you mail items between your account. They said it will likely be a one time use item though :(.

Pricier version would have been a smart move at the start, now they'll just get a lot of backlash if they don't allow it to be upgraded. Even the upgrading cost will probably get people to complain.

_woLf

How do I make Blackwurm fights not run at 1 frame per second?

This is awful.

edit: how does this boss fight work? He died and I got no loot, but I got an achievement...?

Hubb

How do I make Blackwurm fights not run at 1 frame per second?

This is awful.

edit: how does this boss fight work? He died and I got no loot, but I got an achievement...?

To get loot you need to do a % of dmg, for the achievement you just need to tag it. If you release/respawn all the damage you did gets erased and you need to redo that %. Chi restoration keeps yours damage and not releasing but being rezzed keeps the damage.

Hide all characters and turn down graphic options if you are following the group around/jumping channels to kill BW. There is no great way to make it run at a good frame rate, you can just make it less shitty.

I wonder how Warlock will fit into that list when it's out.

Probably similar to BM. From people who played Warlock in TW/KR, the nerfed version we're getting is really pretty crappy. Very high burst damage still though, so you can one shot clueless people and punish mistakes very heavily, so I assume at least a few of the top tier warlocks will climb ranks very high, but it shouldn't actually be very good at high ranks for most usual players. Then again list is Platinum and you can get almost to platinum just farming bots during the night so...

Warlock was rebuffed a bunch in the january balance patch, but friend said they mentionned somewhere we're not getting that balance patch next week, so we're getting the really bad version of it, for pvp. PvE is like, whatever, just use soulburn and see everything melt.

_woLf

To get loot you need to do a % of dmg, for the achievement you just need to tag it. If you release/respawn all the damage you did gets erased and you need to redo that %. Chi restoration keeps yours damage and not releasing but being rezzed keeps the damage.

Hide all characters and turn down graphic options if you are following the group around/jumping channels to kill BW. There is no great way to make it run at a good frame rate, you can just make it less shitty.

interesting. Is there anywhere that describes the level 45 dungeons and their boss fights?

I have no idea what i'm doing and the game literally does absolutely NOTHING to explain any of it to you. I'm in e. fleet supply chain and I have no idea what to do. My main quest says read yura's letter, but when I do, nothing happens.

Sigh. :/

Vex_

Banned
interesting. Is there anywhere that describes the level 45 dungeons and their boss fights?

I have no idea what i'm doing and the game literally does absolutely NOTHING to explain any of it to you. I'm in e. fleet supply chain and I have no idea what to do. My main quest says read yura's letter, but when I do, nothing happens.

Sigh. :/

Yea. The game doesn't tell you AFAIK, but that is content we don't have. The NA bns team really needs to work on quality control of their currently released content. They can't expect everyone to be glued to another region's content release schedule and just know what is going on.

Put a note on yura's letter saying it will come in a future patch FFS.

Wow, Sparkling Pentagonal Diamond is down to 20g. Invest now I guess if you're planning on gearing your Warlock, it's going to shoot up in price again after March 3rd.

mcz117chief

Hi, guys. I think I might give this game another try after I tried it during the closed beta. Who should I message to get an invite into the European group?

Top Bottom