• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Ken

Clan size doesn't help either, Iam on more than my guild online status shows. I am usually on alts after I do my PvP stuff on my main.

The 3 AP isn't bad, but I have no idea what other gems people are using at end game along with the pure AP gem. This gem might not be the best in slot (I have no idea), but I don't think it is terrible either.

Diamond AP
Amethyst heal on crit.
Ruby damage on hit.

Fourth slot seems to be the most flexible slot? Like Citrine damage on CC or the event gem.

Razzorn34

I love the game combat SO much, but the insane farming is kinda killing it for me.

Yep. Game owns till you hit the end game wall, which requires tons of gold to pass through. You are rewarded with a mountain of dailies as your content. There just isn't enough here for me to keep a sub for. Then factor in that not subbing axes many needed features like the wardrobe. It's either sub, or don't play. Well, I let my sub run out already. I'll pick it back up to try out Warlock for a month. Probably done after that though. Might pick it back up much later down the road when there is a lot more content.

yaffi

Yep. Game owns till you hit the end game wall, which requires tons of gold to pass through. You are rewarded with a mountain of dailies as your content. There just isn't enough here for me to keep a sub for. Then factor in that not subbing axes many needed features like the wardrobe. It's either sub, or don't play. Well, I let my sub run out already. I'll pick it back up to try out Warlock for a month. Probably done after that though. Might pick it back up much later down the road when there is a lot more content.

I haven't payed a single cent since release and am playing just fine. Yes, some stuff is a bit monotonous, but I didn't burn myself out by playing nonstop and making a dozen alts left and right. So I think I'm still good for a while.

I play one character and get things done at my pace.

cHinzo

I'm f2p as well. Only thing I miss is larger inventory space, but the game is still fun even without being a sub. The dailies are repetitive, but at least the combat requires you to be on your toes at the beginning. I like to give myself challenges after a while like not getting hit at all during boss fights. Keeps things fresh.

Quicknock

Banned
I'm f2p as well. Only thing I miss is larger inventory space, but the game is still fun even without being a sub. The dailies are repetitive, but at least the combat requires you to be on your toes at the beginning. I like to give myself challenges after a while like not getting hit at all during boss fights. Keeps things fresh.
Yeah, trying to not get hit and trying to improve clear times help keep me entertained even after the dozenth time running the same dungeons.

Well, that, and PvP is always good fun (until you get rekt several matches in a row, anyway).

Hoplatee

Can you solo any boss as a summoner? Or maybe just CCable bosses?

You can. The pet just tanks for you.

I do Brightstone 2 times a day solo and don't even bother with CC. One day that recipe will drop! *slams fist on table*

I even feel that place can be shittier to run with more people.

As for premium. Yeah I won't renew either. The bag problem is solved by just converting to coins.

E) at start it's not just 'lol taunt and kill'. Takes a few runs but past that moment it is so easy.

cHinzo

As for premium. Yeah I won't renew either. The bag problem is solved by just converting to coins.
All about priorities. :d prefer upgrading my weapon and acessories first, since you can clear stuff faster with more damage. Having a bigger inventory is just convenience, gotta deal with only having one free row for now. A free wardrobe would also help me out a bit with making space in the bank. Got no other place to stash my costumes.

Hoplatee

All about priorities. :d prefer upgrading my weapon and acessories first, since you can clear stuff faster with more damage. Having a bigger inventory is just convenience, gotta deal with only having one free row for now. A free wardrobe would also help me out a bit with making space in the bank. Got no other place to stash my costumes.

Hmm yeah. I bought the 23 bundle early and might do it again with that other currency. Should be 15/20 gold or something assuming NC coin/Hongmoon coin prices are the same. (Not sure!)

Tabby

Guys this has been bothering me.
Why is Blade Dancer LBM and not just BD? By that logic shouldn't we just call summoner LSum and GDestro?

Guys this has been bothering me.
Why is Blade Dancer LBM and not just BD? By that logic shouldn't we just call summoner LSum and GDestro?

LBM is the korean name. They weren't in the base game and were added later, as literally Lyn Blade Master. Blade Dancer is the NA name they picked instead when they ported it. Also LBM is way different than BM. They're 2 different classes really, other than having some similar skills. It doesn't make sense to use the terms for other classes since they're the same regardless of their races.

Man, I can't believe how much gold sells for. I made 2000 hongmoon coins by selling like 30 gold. I wanted the v-day outfit but I am too cheap to pay. I find it hard to believe people are paying like $25 for 30-33 gold. It took me like two sets of dailies to farm it. I'm not going to complain though, there are plenty of other outfits for me to buy. The only big cost I want to sink money into is the hexagonal diamond, which I'll probably do after I get the other time limited outfit.

Man, I can't believe how much gold sells for. I made 2000 hongmoon coins by selling like 30 gold. I wanted the v-day outfit but I am too cheap to pay. I find it hard to believe people are paying like $25 for 30-33 gold. It took me like two sets of dailies to farm it. I'm not going to complain though, there are plenty of other outfits for me to buy. The only big cost I want to sink money into is the hexagonal diamond, which I'll probably do after I get the other time limited outfit.

What dailies are you doing that you can get 30 gold after two sets?

What dailies are you doing that you can get 30 gold after two sets?

Eh, I was selling stuff too. Soul stones for instance, although their price has gone down massively. But from dailies I probably make 10g a day all said and done. Another 5g from selling things and it's not too tough to imagine.

Edit: Actually, looking at the math, Mushin's tower, Poh/BSH24, misty woods pvp, and the big 4 dungeons should give you about 15g a day. Takes me maybe two-three hours depending on how good my groups are.

Quicknock

Banned
For some folks, an hour's pay is a small price to pay for the opportunity to skip two days' worth of dailies.

At least, that's how I think they'd see it. Money is no object when you have lots of it and very little time.

For some folks, an hour's pay is a small price to pay for the opportunity to skip two days' worth of dailies.

At least, that's how I think they'd see it. Money is no object when you have lots of it and very little time.

Yeah, I understand the rationale, I just was surprised so many people saw it that way. I mean, I'm usually working toward goals while farming dailies, like getting SS pieces, or getting upgrade materials for myself, etc. So they are things I am going to be doing anyway. I mean, I've got loads of cash but I just could never see paying $25 for virtual items I could get in two days of gaming, but to each his own.

Fuz

Banned

For me it's about supporting a game I like or the developers.
This is why I'm not gonna pay real money. Way too many things that don't sit well with me in here. Game is potentially great, but spoiled by greed and bad management decisions.

People who work full time jobs will find there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything you can do daily. They have no feasible way of grinding out the gold needed to do equipment upgrades.

Conversely, people who have no jobs and no-life the game to farm 100g a day have too much of the stuff.

Currency exchange is a great solution which encourages players to trade amongst each other gold for real money instead of giving to goldsellers and bots.

Hoplatee

Man. Botting software has come a long way. I remember messing up their (mining) routines back in vanilla WoW by bringing mobs to them.

Now they are doing perfect pvp and all it seems according to reddit. I don't really play arena so... anyone encountered them?

People who work full time jobs will find there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything you can do daily. They have no feasible way of grinding out the gold needed to do equipment upgrades.

Conversely, people who have no jobs and no-life the game to farm 100g a day have too much of the stuff.

Currency exchange is a great solution which encourages players to trade amongst each other gold for real money instead of giving to goldsellers and bots.

I dunno, I work full time and make six figures. I still find time! I even do all the cooking in my house!

Man. Botting software has come a long way. I remember messing up their (mining) routines back in vanilla WoW by bringing mobs to them.

Now they are doing perfect pvp and all it seems according to reddit. I don't really play arena so... anyone encountered them?

You can't not encounter them, at least if you're not plat or higher. Pretty much all you fight at silver is bots, and bottom of gold is mostly bots too. They're, alright I guess? They're very predictable, for the most part, although there's a few variations of the bots which makes it more annoying(some starts by comboing right away, some do a few CCs first to try to get you to tab early).

Good thing about it is they're driving the prices of soulstones down as well as moonwater tears, but at the same time it's kinda boring to start pvping when all you're gonna fight is a bunch of bots for a while.

Chariot

And here I thought I've seen bidding wars.
6Pm3LTb.jpg
I didn't until now.

Chariot

Damn :D
Its cheaper on the ah isnt it?
Actually not, but I stopped bidding at the right moment. It's about 140g in the AH. Any higher bidding and I would've received less than the 33g I did get out of this.

I heard BM secret technique has insane prices.

Was more 400g ish past week on EU, but it's been dropping and you can find it for the cheap price of 320-350g now.

I guess that's what happens when you have a really good skill for both pve and pvp and a lot of BMs in the game with a terrible drop rate.

Meanwhile I saw someone selling the destroyer's Emberstomp for 50g earlier today :( .

Vex_

Banned
I love the game combat SO much, but the insane farming is kinda killing it for me.

And if you make an alt? fughettaboutit.

You have to grind every outfit, every soulshield (even though you have like tons of unused boxes already)... it is all so exhausting.

Think I might take a break.

WaterAstro

Luckily BSH is difficult enough that you can't just have anyone leech with afk or a bot running it. Enjoyed this successful run quite a bit, these guys knew what to do and had skills, knowledge and equip. Not that common with random team members.Yikes.

Oh I was suggesting the player botted for his gold lol.

Chariot

Oh I was suggesting the player botted for his gold lol.
Mhm, not necessary. A few people got very rich by acquiring the Merry Potter receipt early or just by playing a lot. Notice how I too have 140g and that was after my recent 90g loss due upgrading. 100g is a lot of money, but it's actually worth the item.

100g isn't really that much if you play a decent bit/have a bunch of crafters/do well in arena. I calculated the other day how much I make in a day to figure out how long until I can buy true pirate and the hm BM skill, and I was making around 55-60g a day. Now that's kind of a long day, there's like 5hours of stuff total that I split in smaller parts, but I'm not like doing crazy efficiency or anything(like say a true pirate assassin farming brightstone in 7mins for 4hours in a row, I couldn't do that shit but it's way more efficient).

I mean to give you an example, I make 20g a day just by logging in and fiddling with the market for a couple of minutes to buy more soulstones/moonwater tears. That's 2 chars doing moonwater transfo stones, refiners and one doing radiant ring pouches. Char slots can be bought with money now too via the currency exchange so there's really nothing fancy there.

Then faction daillies(on 3chars)+pvp daillies(on 2chars) is like 30g and that takes like 2hours. Rest is doing pve daillies on my BM for both gold and hongmoon xp(BSH/Poh 24/4 and Mushin).

Quicknock

Banned
And if you make an alt? fughettaboutit.

You have to grind every outfit, every soulshield (even though you have like tons of unused boxes already)... it is all so exhausting.

Think I might take a break.
How many outfits do you even need?

How many soul shields do you even need?

I don't get this complaint. Sure, if you have OCD and MUST COLLECT EVERYTHIIIING then you should probably stay away from MMORPGs in general, but if you're not rendered emotionally distraught by not having all the things it's perfectly okay to only take the things higher on your list of priorities.

Also, soul shields, really? The only thing you actually have to collect at endgame is the BSH set, and that's ezpz. No need to grind the Arena set or the Endless Tower set unless you're planning on spending a lot of time in open world PvP.

Edit: Also also, there is currently no content that even requires anything beyond True Profane, so not sure why anyone's in a hurry. Even Naryu Labyrinth is going to be perfectly doable with Siren gear.

Chariot

I wouldn't want to fiddle around with multiple characters. I am doing reasonable with one character, doing quests, running dungeons and selling refiner. I even reduced the amount of quests I do, I can run the same stuff over and over only so much. Can't wait for the new content.

Quicknock

Banned
sod1t7G.jpg

Working on my FM PvP.

It is SO FRUSTRATING. Even just these 44 matches were some of the most grueling experiences I've ever went through in this game. Blade Dancer is just ezmode in comparison. I can't stand it.

I want to git gud, but ohmigawd, it just... it's such a damned struggle. And this isn't even a weak class, either! It's just hard to get used to...

First goal reach! On to plat!
Very good. And you're doing it on Hard Mode (BM), too.

I at least feel better about hitting 1800 in 1/5th as many games.

Top Bottom