• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

ShinMaruku

See KFM has a evasion buff stacking thing which may have a point in holding that a bit slower than Assassin because at full evasion it's no different.

tatsuki

Current

Any blade dancers able to tell me what I should and shouldn't be using for pve while lvling? Above is what I'm currently using. BD is completely new to me besides some similarities with BM.

KFM Q/E is kinda less responsive, because it doesn't cancel animations I think, so it feels sluggish if you try to use it at the last moment. You really kinda want to Q/E earlier, with the added iframes at the end, it makes really no difference if you Q/E too early unlike other classes, so need to make use of that.

BM Q/E are a lot snappier, but the iframes are a lot smaller too so you need very good timing on them to actually avoid aoes(unless it's directional, then it's easy since it moves you almost instantly to the back of the target).

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Does the holding thing works on "F" also when you are dazed? A lot of time I am not fast enough to "F" out of a lot of combo and ended up eating a lot of damage, may be I should tape it down or something,

arimanius

KFM Q/E is kinda less responsive, because it doesn't cancel animations I think, so it feels sluggish if you try to use it at the last moment. You really kinda want to Q/E earlier, with the added iframes at the end, it makes really no difference if you Q/E too early unlike other classes, so need to make use of that.

BM Q/E are a lot snappier, but the iframes are a lot smaller too so you need very good timing on them to actually avoid aoes(unless it's directional, then it's easy since it moves you almost instantly to the back of the target).

That's correct. KFM Q/E doesn't cancel animations. So if you are in the middle of one there will be a delay. The KFM SS does however cancel animations. It's annoying as hell specially if you hope classes but you will eventually get use to it. I wish they would just make it cancel the damn animations personally.

Quicknock

Banned
Meh, that is what I've seen parroted around for awhile now. On top of I've released and got back before the boss died and didn't receive loot despite doing enough damage. Now if I die I just wait for a rez if I think I have done enough damage or the boss is below 30%.
It's quite possible you overestimated your damage output. I don't know what else to tell you, as I've released quite a few times and still managed to get brilliant boxes from Blackwyrm just fine.

Can someone summarize the balance patch we're getting with Warlocks for us NA/EU only plebs?
http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-update-infinity-tower-assassin-kungfu-master/

Who is spending their gold like crazy on upgrades or just staying at profane / siren waiting for the 50 upgrades instead?
I've gotten rather bored of endgame dailies, so I've just been leveling alts instead. Those soulstones are now just stacking up in my inventory.

Maybe once transformation stones drop below 3g or something...

Well you can wait for 50 but you'll have to upgrade then, and since the mats will be new, they'll probably be a lot more expensive too. I mean, you need a new Silverfrost Merry Potter recipe to make the refiners to make the new stones, so you can guess how that's gonna go.

Plus you have to consider the overall inflation of gold with the new expansion pushing the values up. Keeping your say 200g wouldn't buy you nearly as much after 50cap when you're getting like 50g a day from daillies instead of 15g, or whatever the values are.

So it seems better to upgrade. That said, up to you I guess, I've upgraded my weapon and really like it and gonna be using it all of next patch until 50cap and then get a decent boost right away at 50 from not having to go through a bunch of upgrades.

Now that I've bought Hongmoon book and True Pirate weapon though, I've basically stopped doing the pve daillies and just do the soulstone faction and some pvp, and I guess BSH4 once a day. I also hit HM5 so no real point in doing more, I've been playing a lot more arena as a result. I'm really not good at this BM thing, doesn't help that half the matches are stupid summoners though.

Well you can wait for 50 but you'll have to upgrade then, and since the mats will be new, they'll probably be a lot more expensive too. I mean, you need a new Silverfrost Merry Potter recipe to make the refiners to make the new stones, so you can guess how that's gonna go.

Plus you have to consider the overall inflation of gold with the new expansion pushing the values up. Keeping your say 200g wouldn't buy you nearly as much after 50cap when you're getting like 50g a day from daillies instead of 15g, or whatever the values are.

So it seems better to upgrade. That said, up to you I guess, I've upgraded my weapon and really like it and gonna be using it all of next patch until 50cap and then get a decent boost right away at 50 from not having to go through a bunch of upgrades.

Now that I've bought Hongmoon book and True Pirate weapon though, I've basically stopped doing the pve daillies and just do the soulstone faction and some pvp, and I guess BSH4 once a day. I also hit HM5 so no real point in doing more, I've been playing a lot more arena as a result. I'm really not good at this BM thing, doesn't help that half the matches are stupid summoners though.

I would be saving a lot more than 200g... I make that much in a few days if I cover all my bases.

I would be saving a lot more than 200g... I make that much in a few days if I cover all my bases.

Well upgrading to true siren is like about 200, then 250 more for true pirate or whatever, not sure what the prices are now but that was about what it was when I did them.

Now accessories is another story. I still have one at awakened infernal and the true siren costs on the other 2 are pretty crazy.

But still not much else to do, I could hoard gold for lvl 50 but as I said I think it'll be meh with the larger income from 50daillies, and you'd need to spend a large amount of it/all of it on upgrading your gear at 50 anyway, since hongmoon upgrade stuff is still the way to go for the most part.

Other thing worth spending gold on atm would be hongmoon coins. I assume once 50 hits, the value will go down a lot.

Well upgrading to true siren is like about 200, then 250 more for true pirate or whatever, not sure what the prices are now but that was about what it was when I did them.

Now accessories is another story. I still have one at awakened infernal and the true siren costs on the other 2 are pretty crazy.

But still not much else to do, I could hoard gold for lvl 50 but as I said I think it'll be meh with the larger income from 50daillies, and you'd need to spend a large amount of it/all of it on upgrading your gear at 50 anyway, since hongmoon upgrade stuff is still the way to go for the most part.

Other thing worth spending gold on atm would be hongmoon coins. I assume once 50 hits, the value will go down a lot.

You will easily be more than rich enough to do some major upgrades at 50 content =V it depends on how many alts you have i guess. But the gold adds up fast if you arent spending it on anything. With 50 probably coming late april or early may that is a ton of gold that can be saved. Even just playing naturally and not grinding super hard will give good results.

cHinzo

I just do whatever quest whenever I feel like it. Kinda boring to keep doing the same dailies... every day. Feels like work lol. Hoping Naryu Lab gives some more challenge. Not getting much money to upgrade my stuff though. Still working my way towards True Siren.

Ken

If mushin 8 + Naryu give me trouble with awakened siren then I'll just make true pirate a goal after patch. For now I (finally) made a LBD alt and going to mess with it and see if I like it before deciding who to invest gold in for the future.

tatsuki

If mushin 8 + Naryu give me trouble with awakened siren then I'll just make true pirate a goal after patch. For now I (finally) made a LBD alt and going to mess with it and see if I like it before deciding who to invest gold in for the future.

I made my lbd just the other day and have it at lvl35 right now. I'm really enjoying it so far when dealing with mobs. Dual Strike(enemy pull) / Strafe / Sunder. It's been the greatest thing and I don't think I'll ever get bored of it.

Ken

I made my lbd just the other day and have it at lvl35 right now. I'm really enjoying it so far when dealing with mobs. Dual Strike(enemy pull) / Strafe / Sunder. It's been the greatest thing and I don't think I'll ever get bored of it.

Mine is like level 10? Turns out playing two MMOs at once is hard. qq

I might put it on hold for the Warlock leveling event thing or whatever.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Everyone's going to be leveling Warlock. We're going to have 6 Warlock Blackram Narrows runs in a couple of days LOL

Torn on whether I'll roll one or not. Wished we knew when the Soul Fighter class was going to be released because I don't want to speed level back to back. :lol

Zand

Neo Member
Torn on whether I'll roll one or not. Wished we knew when the Soul Fighter class was going to be released because I don't want to speed level back to back. :lol

Tough one to predict, especially with WL coming before the lvl50 patch. Best guess, this summer (july/august).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Everyone's going to be leveling Warlock. We're going to have 6 Warlock Blackram Narrows runs in a couple of days LOL

Cb0kDm6.jpg

I think I have my character saved already!

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
hey guys i'm back sorry I forgot to tell you all I was away for a Major Tournament this past weekend. We will be able to add at least 6 to 10 people into the main guild maybe more tomorrow. I will have more news on that tomorrow

Chariot

Oh god, we're going to see a lot more cats when this hits aren't we?
If you think of Lyn as cats, yeah. Their summons as Warlock are less catty than Summoner :D

How did you get it?!
You need to do the Talus Engineer Corps Daily in the Misty Woods and fight against the named leader after you detonated the bombs. He will then windstride away and active the "Superior Automaton". That thing may drop the the costume. It took me almost a month of doing this once every day.

Chariot

Patchnotes:
General

• The Warlock class is now available.
    • Playable by either Jin or Lyn.
    • Uses the Razor weapon type.
    • Vanquish your foes with devastating ranged abilities alongside your mighty Thrall.
  • Mushin's Tower – Floor 8 is now available.
  • Mushin himself has a daunting challenge waiting for those who have proven worthy.
  • Naryu Labyrinth is now available.
    • Available in 4-member and 6-member modes.
    • Descend the levels of a randomized labyrinth, where each experience is different.
    • Battle Fujin and Raijin in this dynamic Heroic dungeon.
  • Removed Heroic as an option for Loot Auction Grade in party options.
  • Added achievements for Mushin's Tower, Naryu Labyrinth, and more.

Classes

• With the introduction of the Warlock, additional class and balance changes will be made in the next update.

User Interface

• Removed Megaphone interface.
  • New loading screens are available in English, French, and German.

Items

• Added Moonwater Soul which grants +10 Attack and is equipped in your Soul slot. In order to create Moonwater Soul, you need:
    • Naryu Labyrinth Relic Piece x80
    • Evolved Stone x1 (currently named Soulbound Stone)
    • Honorary Ornament x3
  • Fixed the item name for the Summoner Hongmoon skill book Rumblebees - Volume 2.
  • Sparkling Hexagonal Gem Chests are now available via Transmutation.
  • Added Pirate and Dark Pirate weapons to the Premium Membership tab in Dragon Express.
  • Additional items can now be stored in the Wardrobe.

Localization

• Fixed and updated a large amount of text, voiceover, and cutscene localization in English, German, and French.

System

• Names are now locked out for 24 hours upon using a Name Change Voucher.
http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/unchained-patch-notes/

Ken

My Summoner is like level 20 and my LBM just passed 10 zzz.

I think I'll do Warlock to 45 for sure and then do something else to 45 and claim the costume on whatever other race it looks good on.

Pejo

Hmm just when I need to work overtime, hopefully I can get to 45 with only 2 hours per day.

Yea I'm not sure if I can make it by then either, with work and doing stuff on weekends. Guess we'll see. I was looking at a leveling guide on Reddit that recommends soups + grinding as a faster way to level. Hell I don't even have a level 45 yet and I started a few weeks after launch.

Granted, I tried out a handful of Alts and grinded out a TON of costumes on my assassin, so maybe if I stay focused with Warlock I can do it.

Mawarup

Neo Member
Cham is reacting, Blade and Soul is adapting. Blade and Soul therefore won. I back in when warlock hits and leveling with you all. Though I thought the temptation outfit is Jin only?

Top Bottom