• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Paprikka

Took about 4 weapons worth of durability and a trip back through to restock on the damage resist potion, but I killed Mushin! Even had a few low % wipes to the enrage, so not sure how soon I could repeat that, you really need to push the dps like crazy to stand a chance.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Defeated Mushin's pain and thought that was it, until I saw the glowing crystal in the back of the room. Mushin's rage is in a whole different league. :lol

Mushin's Pain and Rage were both pretty easy. I only died a couple of times each, but my DPS is too low to beat Mushin's Darkness. I can only get him down to 45% and then he 1 shots me. :(

Guess I'll get him in a few days once I get pirate weapon. Other than that, I still need to upgrade my necklace.

What class are you?

cHinzo

Ugh got stuck at 20% on Mushin's Rage. Still need to learn his pattern I guess. Only had 5s left on Mushin's Pain with lots of lucky crits at the end lol.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ugh got stuck at 20% on Mushin's Rage. Still need to learn his pattern I guess. Only had 5s left on Mushin's Pain with lots of lucky crits at the end lol.

Mushin's 2nd stage is beating my ass right now. This is what happens when you decide to take a break from the game. :lol

Yes, some of us do. We're not many anymore, but we're at least two. More once the others finish their darn Warlocks :p

And Cacophonic Noise is simply the guild name :D
Gimme your name and I'll add ya tomorrow.

Huh okay wasn't it Believe for EU too? :eek: And oh so the EU GAF Guild is already faltering too? D: And okay, I didn't leave my old guild yet though so I'll tell you on Discord when to add me, what's your Discord name?

EOTE2m1.png

Can't remember the last time I saw this lol

cHinzo

Mushin's 2nd stage is beating my ass right now. This is what happens when you decide to take a break from the game. :lol
At least there is something to work towards with these challenging new content. :D Hope people learn how to do Naryu Lab soon. I wanna clear that dungeon for the Soul Shields.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ugh. Troll parties are the worst. Time for a break. Was trying to grind out Narrows but fuck it.

I guess I should finally upgrade my crappy weapon/accessories = (. I'll come back to his second form later.

V2o9jwz.jpg

I beat him earlier with my BM. It really wasn't a fun fight, but once I got some invuln potions it worked a lot better. I don't think there's a way for BM to do it without the potions though, his skills do just way too much damage if you don't play defensive so you can react to them, and if you do that you don't have enough damage at all when he spends so much fucking time doing stupid fire nonsense. There's also the vicious cycle that if you don't do enough damage, he does the ice aoe which reduces your damage further, so you fall behind more and more. The fact there's fire on the ground is what really kills it, in theory as a BM I could iframe all 4 waves of the aoe everytime, and keep DPSing decently in the meantime, but since there's fire on the ground I can't even do that.

From what I've seen Naksun(the next mushin tower boss) is a lot less dumb, more like Junghado but with room wide iframes to spice it up.

Mushin is just annoying, and the fact they didn't dub him is also really really dumb. They only needed 2 lines really, the quick red aoe and the backstep into combo one. I installed the japanese voice pack again and the fight is actually quite a bit easier like that, because I can tell what skill he's doing without having to read the speech bubble. They really got lazy with the localization at some point, like how act 1/2 vendors have voices, but in act3 they said fuck it and none of them do(they do in the japanese/korean/chinese versions). It's actually detrimental on fights that rely on audio cues for warnings about abilities though.

I beat him earlier with my BM. It really wasn't a fun fight, but once I got some invuln potions it worked a lot better. I don't think there's a way for BM to do it without the potions though, his skills do just way too much damage if you don't play defensive so you can react to them, and if you do that you don't have enough damage at all when he spends so much fucking time doing stupid fire nonsense. There's also the vicious cycle that if you don't do enough damage, he does the ice aoe which reduces your damage further, so you fall behind more and more. The fact there's fire on the ground is what really kills it, in theory as a BM I could iframe all 4 waves of the aoe everytime, and keep DPSing decently in the meantime, but since there's fire on the ground I can't even do that.

From what I've seen Naksun(the next mushin tower boss) is a lot less dumb, more like Junghado but with room wide iframes to spice it up.

Mushin is just annoying, and the fact they didn't dub him is also really really dumb. They only needed 2 lines really, the quick red aoe and the backstep into combo one. I installed the japanese voice pack again and the fight is actually quite a bit easier like that, because I can tell what skill he's doing without having to read the speech bubble. They really got lazy with the localization at some point, like how act 1/2 vendors have voices, but in act3 they said fuck it and none of them do(they do in the japanese/korean/chinese versions). It's actually detrimental on fights that rely on audio cues for warnings about abilities though.

You know an audio que in F7 would make that fight a lot easier.

You know an audio que in F7 would make that fight a lot easier.

Yeah that fight too. They did it on some fights, for example in BSH the twins do have audio cues when they do stuff like the fire aoe or when they change stances. Or like how in Poh, Mak Sobo actually says something everytime he drops a fire aoe(you can't escape this or whatever). So they know it's there and do it at times, but not all the time and the inconsistency makes some fights harder than they should be. Playing with the korean or japanese pack(or chinese I guess but haven't tried that one), you can appreciate how much more stuff is supposed to be voiced, and it certainly helps on those boss fights.

Localization is definitely one of the weakest point of our version. The story reworks are pretty dumb, there's a ton of typos and inconsistencies in names and stuff, the skill descriptions make no sense a lot of the time(although I think this has to do with skill tooltip formatting that they can't change without altering the code), the voice acting ranges from meh to bad(thank god they revoiced Soha though) and only about like 1/3 of what is supposed to be voiced was actually done.

Best is how some skills actually use the fan translation terminology(Groggy instead of Daze for example), I wonder if they just copy pasted some of it or just the first drafts they used the same terminology but then decided to change it.

Pejo

So I got my Warlock to 20 last night after work, and I have to say for the most part I'm really underwhelmed. It's a less mobile, harder hitting FM for me right now. Coming from Assassin being my main, the relative low number of skills is sort of a bummer too.

I do have a question: I tried using the built in "shadow" talent spec, and it kept giving me the "Dragon Helix" or something upgrade. The skill reads that it requires spirit orb or something, yet none of the skills I examined mentions creating the orbs. Is this skill just completely useless until some random higher level when I unlock a skill that provides orbs? It kinda sucks losing your big damage move for a move that's not even accessible until late levels.

Something up with Warlock? I really like it so far (lvl 24) but I'm really interested in the buff skills to come.

No. Just wondering how many people will decide they don't like it and go to another class.

Oh those numbers will stabilize.

Probably. I guess everyone is leveling one up right now because it's new and because of the level up challenge.

Started yesterday and mine is 27 at the moment. I love the pet even though it's not out all the time. With the upgrade it stays out for 32 seconds so that's only 13 seconds that you'll go without the pet in a long fight per use.

SmallWind

I do have a question: I tried using the built in "shadow" talent spec, and it kept giving me the "Dragon Helix" or something upgrade. The skill reads that it requires spirit orb or something, yet none of the skills I examined mentions creating the orbs. Is this skill just completely useless until some random higher level when I unlock a skill that provides orbs? It kinda sucks losing your big damage move for a move that's not even accessible until late levels.
Rupture(F skill), Wingstorm (V skill) and RMB skill with points in the far right will give you orbs for helix.

EDIT: Wow, this post is now edited!

arimanius

Welp, used a name change voucher yesterday on my 45 destroyer I don't play anymore to use the name for a warlock. Was spamming the complete creation button around the 24 hour mark but still can't use the name. Guessing someone got it or it's still locked.

Don't waste money on these things.

Top Bottom