• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Er I can't play the game anymore, every time I tried to launch the game, it is stuck at "Downloading repair files" that's 85 bytes.

A few google search told me I can fix it by doing a Full Repair and make the local.ini read only, it is unfortunate the repair process also stuck on the same 85 bytes files.

Anyone else encountered the same problem found a solution?

Finaika

Er I can't play the game anymore, every time I tried to launch the game, it is stuck at "Downloading repair files" that's 85 bytes.

A few google search told me I can fix it by doing a Full Repair and make the local.ini read only, it is unfortunate the repair process also stuck on the same 85 bytes files.

Anyone else encountered the same problem found a solution?

I've got this problem a few times too, usually doing a Full Repair fixes it but if not I have to restart my computer -_-

The launcher is quite awful.

Cham is reacting, Blade and Soul is adapting. Blade and Soul therefore won. I back in when warlock hits and leveling with you all. Though I thought the temptation outfit is Jin only?

I assume it's Jin/Lyn only since those are warlock classes, but don't know maybe they ended up doing versions for other races in the cash shop later on and that's what we're getting? But yeah wouldn't expect too much there.

I'll probably just make a single char(WL) and put the costume on my BM, but if it looks really good I might level another char to get a costume for my warlock also.

On another subject, hit platinum! ... On my scummoner. At least I got to cash in like 6k beans worth of soulstones so that was nice. I was kinda close to plat at some point with BM and then I ran into the great wall of cats. 6summoners in a row, the road from 1850 to 1650 had just started. After watching some of my games I recorded(mostly to report hackers) though, I can see that I'm still pretty awful at this game.

A lot of stuff I could block/dodge because I should know it's coming but I don't. Like I SS away from someone with a charge, it should make sense the first thing they do is charge, so I should be blocking/spamming Q to dodge it, but instead I throw the hook line like a derper, and before I'm even done with the animation I get hit by the charge. Or I hook people countering on the ground even though hooking ground people is completely pointless, I don't know why I do it. Or I block in melee range of a KFM, hoping I'll catch a random thing, but obviously instead I catch a triple kick and die.

I know most of this stuff but it's hard to remember to do it when fighting, just need to play way more games. Doesn't help that summoner matchup is shit though, with how many there are. I've been just going for cat burst or lose build, works every now and then, but if the summoner is good it's fairly easy to counter.

First solo run. After losing about 5 times I was rewarded for my hardships. Thank you RNGesus. ;_;

KKSjbhJ.jpg

Vex_

Banned
No one posted it?

Warlock leveling challenge: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/warlock-leveling-challenge/

Tldr: after the update, get a character that's level 10 or under to 45 before March 23 to get a bundle of items (once per account) and Warlock outfit (one per fresh character that reaches 45 during the challenge).

Hmmmm I like the outfit, those items don't seem to be of much use to me tho. I may just do this just because I like leveling with people, and because I want that outfit for my BM.

tatsuki

This warlock hype has made me 10g in an hour. Those razor prices skyrocketed.

Imperator only is 1g each right now on soha. The rest are around 50-80s each.

Sciel

Was soooo lucky to have managed to snag a Merry Potter recipe during my last Brightstone solo run. That was quite a huge chunk of cash towards my True Pirate :D (need to farm about ~50g more).

Not really THAT keen but will probably make a warlock eventually (most outfits look awful on Lyn). Most probably going to be a Jin since i already have a Lyn Summoner as my main. Kind of disappointed that you can't use the Yun race for warlock since i heard they have the least class choices or something.

Also, hopefully the new costumes they add to the Hongmoon store in today's patch look good.

Vex_

Banned
This warlock hype has made me 10g in an hour. Those razor prices skyrocketed.

Imperator only is 1g each right now on soha. The rest are around 50-80s each.

Wait... You can sell weapons now?

I thought we couldn't. Or wait, was that only weapons required for transformations?

Chariot

I thought we couldn't. Or wait, was that only weapons required for transformations?
Not all weapons are untradable. You can sell some breakthrough and evolution weapons like Imperator, Dokumo and such. It was always this way.

If it's a blue weapon, it can generally be sold. If it's purple(blackram narrows, golden deva, tomb of exiles, hujkar, profane, brightstone purple one), they can't.

The razors spiked in price when warlock was announced too, and Imperator crap has been overpriced the entire time on a bunch of classes. No one bothers doing the dungeon and it's pretty hard to solo at the right levels so there's a high demand and shitty supply.

I'm holding on my moonwater stones see if the prices go up after the patch, they've been stable but we'll see.

Also Hexagonal frags have gone really high. I got like 60 that I think I might unload depending on wether or not there's an AP gem to craft.

Chariot

The razors spiked in price when warlock was announced too, and Imperator crap has been overpriced the entire time on a bunch of classes. No one bothers doing the dungeon and it's pretty hard to solo at the right levels so there's a high demand and shitty supply.
It's pretty amusing as Sin, because you can easily just skip everything until the boss room. It's a bit too late to farm now, but it would've been an interesting business opportunity.

It's pretty amusing as Sin, because you can easily just skip everything until the boss room. It's a bit too late to farm now, but it would've been an interesting business opportunity.

Well at 45 it's not a problem, it's just boring to farm I guess. You only aggro a few packs near the end anyway, and you can just aoe them down in seconds. Boss is easy too. Not too sure it compares well to just running Brightstone though, especially as a Sin.

There's also the issue of market slots to sell all the weapons, which probably don't sell that fast. Prices are high cause supply is low but if you start flooding the markets, you'd just end up reducing the prices and not selling that many. Meanwhile Tears are always in high demand due to high end crafting, and you can sell stacks if you're farming a lot.

Chariot

Well at 45 it's not a problem, it's just boring to farm I guess. You only aggro a few packs near the end anyway, and you can just aoe them down in seconds. Boss is easy too. Not too sure it compares well to just running Brightstone though, especially as a Sin.

There's also the issue of market slots to sell all the weapons, which probably don't sell that fast. Prices are high cause supply is low but if you start flooding the markets, you'd just end up reducing the prices and not selling that many. Meanwhile Tears are always in high demand due to high end crafting, and you can sell stacks if you're farming a lot.
True, but I can't ran Brightstone too often. It's not kind on my hands :(

I make my money anyway with Refiners.

tatsuki

Is LBD the greatest troll class? The amount of times I've seen one use forcegrip + throw to reset waldos health on purpose is really getting up there.

Is LBD the greatest troll class? The amount of times I've seen one use forcegrip + throw to reset waldos health on purpose is really getting up there.

Yeah people do that on Cerulean too it's annoying. I've seen Destroyer/FMs try to do it, but LBM definitely have the better skills for it. I just change channel when I see a bunch of people camping it as it always degenerates into stupid stuff.

I hate this quest with a passion though. Every fucking time I switch channel, whoo hoo I'm alone, attack it, kill the adds, "what's his face has spawned!", 15secs later, the reds that were farming insignias at my camp come and gank me while Kit Chul is at 20%. Good times.

Tabby

Yep. If they keep the current pace it'd be in about a month, but they might wait some more, not sure. I assume once 50 hits though they'll slow down a good bit on patching.

Doubt they'll want to wait too long though, they've said they're trying to get NA/EU up to speed as soon as possible so we can participate in World Championships.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
My Warlock alt is Spring Starflower. =D

Man, Lyn feels like best race in this game. Only if you make them the tallest they can be though. Otherwise, WTF microscopic people.

Pejo

Man I'm really excited to get home and try out Warlock. I watched the class overview video on the site and it looks like a lot of fun.

On an unrelated note, I wish they'd have some class-specific costumes, that only a certain class can equip.

Ugh that 3rd form Mushin looks pretty fucking dumb so far as BM. No patterns, just random abilities, 2 of which kill you instantly and one of which is done instantly while the others only gives a second to react on the speech bubble, and long stupid phases where you can't do any damage if you're melee unless you use the 6secs immunity potions, zzz. Doesn't look like I'll have anywhere close to the damage needed even with the buff, which kills me anyway, without using the damn potions.

Not a big fan that it's not pattern based so there isn't really much of getting better at it, and it's more about having enough gear to meet the DPS check while playing safe enough that you don't get killed by the instant kill abilities. Or being a FM and doing it easily cause yay ranged DPS.

Chariot

Mushin's Rage is kicking my arse. 26% and then my weapon broke :,(
Maybe I get him tomorrow.

Nyaru Lab Clown is also pretty bad, pugs ain't listening.

Tabby

Oh man I forgot what it was like to be a low level. Just a whole crowd of people fighting over quest mobs, 15+ channels and not even peak time when I played.

Warlock seems pretty fun so far though I don't understand how to control the familiar. Am I only supposed to be able to use one command per summon?

Oh man I forgot what it was like to be a low level. Just a whole crowd of people fighting over quest mobs, 15+ channels and not even peak time when I played.

Warlock seems pretty fun so far though I don't understand how to control the familiar. Am I only supposed to be able to use one command per summon?

You can send them to the enemy once, or recall it near you a few times(6secs cd), and when you recall it stops what's it doing and will resume attacking the next thing you tag. It has ranged attacks so positionning it isn't necessary other than moving it to the front one for like aoe pull or buff or whatever.

Basoes

From what I found out playing, you can do do things with the familiar, press Q to send it to the enemy your fighting and it will do a ground pound or you can press E to send the familiar to you and it will do the ground pound, other than that it will attack what you're attacking

Tabby

From what I found out playing, you can do do things with the familiar, press Q to send it to the enemy your fighting and it will do a ground pound or you can press E to send the familiar to you and it will do the ground pound, other than that it will attack what you're attacking
No I get that but I can only ever use the Q once then it just does its thing and ignores my other commands.
You can send them to the enemy once, or recall it near you a few times(6secs cd), and when you recall it stops what's it doing and will resume attacking the next thing you tag. It has ranged attacks so positionning it isn't necessary other than moving it to the front one for like aoe pull or buff or whatever.

Right thanks. I'll play around a bit more when I get home.

GG fucked up radeonpro and I've been getting intermittent lag since last night which I'm assuming is their servers. this game has such bad optimizations and dumb issues

No, you should get good purple BSH. We have a well equipped group and we struggle here.

Also yes, Cacophonic Noise has still space :D

Okay alright, do you people still run all the dailies? :eek: And Cacophonic Noise... I feel like I'm missing a joke here :p I asked because my "friends" guild pretty much dissolved into FF14 and Black Desert so I might aswell finally join GAF :D

Hubb

I'm at a point where I can't continue the story without joining. =x GAF is Cerulean and its full atm. =/ Sucks.

Ah damn, may just have to suck it up and go red. I am not sure blue will go down anytime soon. Maybe with the influx of warlocks more people will go red, but that's the only chance.

Chariot

Okay alright, do you people still run all the dailies? :eek: And Cacophonic Noise... I feel like I'm missing a joke here :p I asked because my "friends" guild pretty much dissolved into FF14 and Black Desert so I might aswell finally join GAF :D
Yes, some of us do. We're not many anymore, but we're at least two. More once the others finish their darn Warlocks :p

And Cacophonic Noise is simply the guild name :D
Gimme your name and I'll add ya tomorrow.

RyudBoy

Mushin's Pain and Rage were both pretty easy. I only died a couple of times each, but my DPS is too low to beat Mushin's Darkness. I can only get him down to 45% and then he 1 shots me. :(

Guess I'll get him in a few days once I get pirate weapon. Other than that, I still need to upgrade my necklace.

cHinzo

Just got home. I'm coming for that ass Mushin!

He's waiting for you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Damn just tried Naryu Lab. That second boss is pretty impossible. :\ Got it down in theory, but at least 2 people die after the first bomb goes off lol. Had to tank the clown + 2 FM ads which went alright, but couldn't dps. It all fell apart. ;_;

Top Bottom