• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Can you expand further on this? I believe I read it was a support DPS. Is this still true or did I read wrong?

The class can be pretty stationary and is more about a patient rotation of cooldown management. It is basically the opposite of FM, which is just a constant river of range dps. They take what fm does and divide / alter it with how the WL summon works and the rotation ranged stuff. It can do big damage and yes has support things like defense buffs & other.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Made huge improvements on Rage Mushin today. Got him down to about 18% before the enrage timer went off. I feel that once I've upgraded some of my equipment I'll be able to take him.

I made a Warlock, Misa Mitsurugi (Kind of funny how she isn't a BM though) on Mushin. If anyone is free, I guess you guys can send me an invite.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The class can be pretty stationary and is more about a patient rotation of cooldown management. It is basically the opposite of FM, which is just a constant river of range dps. They take what fm does and divide / alter it with how the WL summon works and the rotation ranged stuff. It can do big damage and yes has support things like defense buffs & other.

I like the sound of all of that.

ShinMaruku

To refine more on that, there are 3 builds, the shadow andice build, shadow mainly build and the support build, the support build is really interesting because you awaken your companions ablities to make them operate better. For some fights makes getting down before the enrage timer faster, it makes your parties love you. But like state before it's a turrent type of class where you time your cool downs do damage and keep your party on a good point. It's really something they tried to do with the new classes with this having defense and damage buffs and soul fighters having healing.

LOLCats

Banned
So i got pissed last night....

I suck at pvp with my blademaster... I can beat another blade master.., but other than that... Its such crap.

Ive rolled warlock now.

Hubb

Welp, used a name change voucher yesterday on my 45 destroyer I don't play anymore to use the name for a warlock. Was spamming the complete creation button around the 24 hour mark but still can't use the name. Guessing someone got it or it's still locked.

Don't waste money on these things.

Did they ever confirm they switched it to 24 hours? It used to be a year. Send a support ticket in, if they haven't switched it to 24 hours they may be able to help you out.

EDIT: Looks like the most recent patch did say they bumped it to 24 hours. Check here to see if anyone has your name.

Ayumi

Anyone here active on EU? I made a character on the EU GAF server Windrest. Was hoping to get some in-game friends. :3

yaffi

Anyone here active on EU? I made a character on the EU GAF server Windrest. Was hoping to get some in-game friends. :3

Define active. :D

Right now we're around 4 or 5 people you could call active (Chariot and me being super active, I guess).

So i got pissed last night....

I suck at pvp with my blademaster... I can beat another blade master.., but other than that... Its such crap.

Ive rolled warlock now.

Tbh, I don't believe Warlock's a lot better at PvP than BM is atm.

Also you should have no trouble with FMs in general, that's really the easy matchup for BM, the rest is, yeah. Sins I guess can be ok, depends on how familiar the sin is with BM tricks and plays around them, but we can kick them out of stealth pretty well with flicker or flock of blades, block a bunch of their ranged crap and can punish them hard if they mess up. Destroyer/BD feels like tough matches most of the time but can be done, summoner feels like garbage and other than the bad ones it's really hard to beat one.

So yeah BM atm is kinda like, most of the hard matchups are also the most popular classes, it's rough.

ShinMaruku

With this combo I'm always tanking in parties.

I guess people aren't going to spec into threat stuff at anything less than max level though so that might explain it.

Sometimes on my fm I'm tanking regardless if they mess up on one thing but that's due to burn build being retarded sometimes.

Probably should look into 10% less threat builds soon.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Tbh, I don't believe Warlock's a lot better at PvP than BM is atm.

Also you should have no trouble with FMs in general, that's really the easy matchup for BM, the rest is, yeah. Sins I guess can be ok, depends on how familiar the sin is with BM tricks and plays around them, but we can kick them out of stealth pretty well with flicker or flock of blades, block a bunch of their ranged crap and can punish them hard if they mess up. Destroyer/BD feels like tough matches most of the time but can be done, summoner feels like garbage and other than the bad ones it's really hard to beat one.

So yeah BM atm is kinda like, most of the hard matchups are also the most popular classes, it's rough.

yeah BM vs FM is BM best match up in game. Ask Burton when we run 3 vs 3 I normally always take the FM on and win NP. Also if you need help with BM come on discord ask me or Yushi tips we both hit gold Before patch and during patch. well right now Yushi is Plat. Yeah you got a good few BM that like to PvP

SDBurton

yeah BM vs FM is BM best match up in game. Ask Burton when we run 3 vs 3 I normally always take the FM on and win NP. Also if you need help with BM come on discord ask me or Yushi tips we both hit gold Before patch and during patch. well right now Yushi is Plat. Yeah you got a good few BM that like to PvP

^ This is true. Usually when a FM pops in we send in BBoy to handle it. I like being a stun assist at that time so I can wait and see when they blow their escape skill and make them answer for it. :lol

Ken

But you can move away or do other attacks meanwhile.

I know. It was just funny trying it out farming mobs that stuff would die before it lands.

I guess it's also weird that regular cast Dragoncall has a sped up animation that switches to slow on instacast.

tatsuki

instacast dragoncall
animation before damage is as long as cast
zzz

You can try Dragon Helix. It's instant. I've been doing something like Wingstorm, Dragon Helix, Rupture, Wingstorm hit, Dragon Helix, Rupture, Wingstorm hit, Dragon Helix, Rupture, Leech and repeat.. It's worked pretty good so far.

SDBurton

Mushin's 2nd phase is such a joke. It's not even about skill, it's about getting lucky and praying that you don't get hit by his insta-death combo once you get stunned by one of his many moves.

Can't dodge his red aoe that gives you a sec to react: dead

Get hit by his counter even though you're mashing triple kick to stun: dead

Knock him down: wakeup stun

And if you're not putting enough dps on him while avoiding that triple threat, he'll do his ridiculous ice aoe that will wreck your health bar.

Got him to 1% first attempt before I got nailed by that nonsense, and haven't been able to get him past 50% ever since. Makes me even saltier that NCSoft thought it would be a brilliant idea to up his health pool for our version, while leaving all of their other versions intact. Thanks assholes. /rant

Ken

So why does the random party leader in a pug have control over loot rules? This dude set everything to minimum of 1G just as we did the last boss of ToE. Of course, people ended up bidding 1G on blue offering ring and a dumb soul shield piece.

Chariot

Barely beat Mushin's Rage, had 4% left and used 3 Kaoliang Ju over the course. Brr. I don't want even try Darkness yet.

arimanius

Did they ever confirm they switched it to 24 hours? It used to be a year. Send a support ticket in, if they haven't switched it to 24 hours they may be able to help you out.

EDIT: Looks like the most recent patch did say they bumped it to 24 hours. Check here to see if anyone has your name.

Thanks for the link. Not seeing anyone else have it still. I opened a ticket yesterday and got an email they are looking into it. I still couldn't use the name so I used a variation of it instead of waiting around twiddling my thumbs.

Chaariot! :eek: I tried to ask on Discord right now but I'm going out now and won't be back till midnight EU time, the thing with my guild is finally through so I would appreciate if you could invite my character Mei Xing to the guild if you're around at that time :)

Chariot

Chaariot! :eek: I tried to ask on Discord right now but I'm going out now and won't be back till midnight EU time, the thing with my guild is finally through so I would appreciate if you could invite my character Mei Xing to the guild if you're around at that time :)
Not sure if I will still be online, but I try to :D

Chariot

Can't wait for level 50 cap. Getting thrown out regularly with BMs from Nyaru Crossserver party's because you're a Sin is harsh. ;___;

Chariot

Naryu that bad? I haven't attempted it yet since still on the warlock grind.
No, when I get into a 410+ group, 6-man goes out without a hitch. now that people know what needs to be done. But people are concerned, because Sins don't actually add much to the team and can't do much at all at the yellow god. They rather have people who add more stuff to the party. I already dreading looking for 4-man ;__;

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I finally hit plats after so many grinding, I would like to special thanks to all the summoner and destroyer bots that carried from from 1700 to 1800s, don't know how bots managed to get all the ways up there, but thank you.

Finally I can take a break from this game till next pvp season. Please excuse my horrible win:loss ratio.

NB8pFPd.jpg

No, when I get into a 410+ group, 6-man goes out without a hitch. now that people know what needs to be done. But people are concerned, because Sins don't actually add much to the team and can't do much at all at the yellow god. They rather have people who add more stuff to the party. I already dreading looking for 4-man ;__;

Why don't you just solo it with your broken perma-stealth ^^

That's her royal outfit.

That's her waifu outfit

Top Bottom