• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

ShinMaruku

I knew I didn't like that bastard for a reason. I'm gonna kill the fucker and take her for myself.

Not sure if our version will have it as it is in KR both of them want to kill the demon king which is why she serves him. Of course he wants to rule so I guess she'll be his queen or some shit.

tatsuki

Finished the 45 grind on my Lyn warlock an hour ago. Now the grind for a good ss begins. I did get to mess around with soulburn in my e.fleet party just now though which was fun.

arimanius

Hit 45 with my warock a couple of hours ago. Having fun but wtf is up with my dragoncall going on cooldown if the mob dies before I get the cast off. So fucking annoying. Specially if there are a ton of mobs around it.

I'll probably never get tired of seeing this animation

KERSG4l.gif

Sciel

Used a character appearance ticket. Really happy with how my summoner looks atm.
3a1162aad9.jpg

Also, managed to beat Munshin's Darkness today.. my gosh, it was quite a tough fight (in terms of dps check). Beat it with like 20s to go or so. The key was to CC the fk out of him and push dps to skip the ice phases.

The Black Aura's are a mixed back. Sure you do more damage, but you take more than two and its very hard to recover if you make any mistakes.

The reward was pathetic though....the ugliest costume in-game without any chest :| .

Chariot

Man, Blade and Soul worked rather well for me the last month, but today it decided to annoy me to no end. Two random disconnects in the duel arena that are now forfeits, me getting into the arena just when the enemy is already on me, SS not working always and now this:

This shit is exhausting.

What's the success rate of BSH 4 man through cross server dungeon finder? I assume no bueno.

I've done all of them either 3man with friends or through F8 queues. Once in a while it's shit but mostly good/average. That said, don't know about now, haven't done it in a few days, and it's the weekend, so could be worse than usual.

You kinda need to be able to carry bads though, so the better geared you are, the more chances you can do it. On my BM I can virtually solo all the fights other than the last boss(and I mean I could solo it if it didn't have an enrage), so people are just there to add damage, and if they die half way, they still added half a fight's worth of damage, so that's ok.

You can try finding groups that have high stat reqs to run it instead, but I've never tried these personally. Also since I play one of the classes that a bunch of people seem to think suck, I'd probably get refused groups, so it's like whatever, I just F8. In my experience in other games, people who are super rigid and require way too much gear for the content are generally also terrible.

So of the big four dungeons what's the easiest one to solo.

Well easiest depends on class although none of them is really hard overall. Brightstone is the go to, but now that the recipe price has dropped quite a bunch, and that the exploit in Ogong has been fixed, people do Pigsty instead, it's faster(enter from the side entrance, south of hogshead, you start at the first boss right away and can skip most trash this way).

Well easiest depends on class although none of them is really hard overall. Brightstone is the go to, but now that the recipe price has dropped quite a bunch, and that the exploit in Ogong has been fixed, people do Pigsty instead, it's faster(enter from the side entrance, south of hogshead, you start at the first boss right away and can skip most trash this way).

Cool I'll do that one then. I just want Moonwater tears without the hassle of bidding for it.

Hubb

I wonder how much level 50 content they're gonna give us when they do the expansion.

Pretty sure they are doing it in waves. We get the next story chapter and w/e comes with that chapter, and then after a bit they'll release the next story chapter and w/e comes with it.

Out of curiosity, I installed the Korean voice pack and damn. Fully voiced NPCs is pretty crazy, these guys won't shut up now. I run past the ones in a camp and they all start blabbing their life stories at me. Maybe there's something to be said for NPCs which aren't voiced.

ShinMaruku

Out of curiosity, I installed the Korean voice pack and damn. Fully voiced NPCs is pretty crazy, these guys won't shut up now. I run past the ones in a camp and they all start blabbing their life stories at me. Maybe there's something to be said for NPCs which aren't voiced.

Some of the npcs kill me. Like the lyn shop keeper outside of the place you get stuff for old man cho. How she looks and her voice slayed me.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I read that apparently with Soul Fighter there is an option to have it start out at 45/max level.

I wonder if they will do the same for NA.

I have mixed emotions about this. On one had, maaaaajor time saver. On the other, you won't have the ability to slowly learn your class over time. Conflicted!

I have mixed emotions about this. On one had, maaaaajor time saver. On the other, you won't have the ability to slowly learn your class over time. Conflicted!

Well, you got those Hongmoon levels to learn!

Finally got my Warlock to 24. I've decided to try Dragon Helix, and wow it's actually pretty interesting. Since Wingstorm hits 3 times, you can actually have 3 Dragon Helixes and Ruptures back to back. I'm running Dimensional volley and since it helps wingstorm cd it has pretty nice synergy and brings it back fast. I think Warlock actually has some nice consistent dps, though I need to get to endgame before I can say for sure. Dragoncall build definitely is some crazy burst.

From what I'm told at KR 50 you pretty much exclusively use Dragon Helix, standing still while Dragoncall channels is not survivable. Since you consume the Thrall to activate Soulburn, this pretty much makes you a FM with less DPS but an incredible support skill in Soulburn. 15 seconds of balls-out DPS for your whole party makes everyone love you though, so WL has no issues finding parties at endgame.

Nothing that some training at Mushin Tower's dummy area can't solve.

That place is good in general for working through rotations.

From what I'm told at KR 50 you pretty much exclusively use Dragon Helix, standing still while Dragoncall channels is not survivable. Since you consume the Thrall to activate Soulburn, this pretty much makes you a FM with less DPS but an incredible support skill in Soulburn. 15 seconds of balls-out DPS for your whole party makes everyone love you though, so WL has no issues finding parties at endgame.

You forgot to include the Soulburn outfit. :p

EDIT: Here's a video that shows it in action instead for those that haven't seen it.

For the Dragoncall build you don't have to really stand still outside of the initial cast since most of them will be instant. There are a few casts inbetween Leech/Imprison that can be planned around too.

Dragon Helix build's longest cast is Wingstorm at 1 second (2.5 for Dragoncall build) so it's definitely a lot more mobile since that is really the only time you need to stand still (when Leech/Imprison are on CD).

I'm actually going to experiment with it soon since I've been using the Dragoncall build the entire time I've been playing Warlock up to this point.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I haven't been able to play last few days. Got sick after donating a bunch of blood. T-T I miss the game a bit. lol

Went to Mushin tower today on my lock, hadn't really bothered playing her much after hitting 45, so went in with 22k hp(moonwater/random poh pieces soulshield) and true profane 7weap infernal accessories not fully upgraded and stuff, and still tore through the thing, at least until mushin himself. I killed first form but didn't bother trying 2nd as my damage was low and I was close to enrage on first form already. Junghado was a lot easier than I thought he'd be, had like 2:30 left on timer. Being ranged is quite an advantage on that fight.

I have yet to try to Helix build though. I've been playing exclusively dragoncall, I really like how it works, doesn't feel like there's much downtime. Looking at Helix build videos, it looks pretty crappy at times where you're just spamming LMB/RMB stuff and hoping for crits/waiting for wingstorm. Especially with my crappy crit rate I don't see it being very good.

Went to Mushin tower today on my lock, hadn't really bothered playing her much after hitting 45, so went in with 22k hp(moonwater/random poh pieces soulshield) and true profane 7weap infernal accessories not fully upgraded and stuff, and still tore through the thing, at least until mushin himself. I killed first form but didn't bother trying 2nd as my damage was low and I was close to enrage on first form already. Junghado was a lot easier than I thought he'd be, had like 2:30 left on timer. Being ranged is quite an advantage on that fight.

I have yet to try to Helix build though. I've been playing exclusively dragoncall, I really like how it works, doesn't feel like there's much downtime. Looking at Helix build videos, it looks pretty crappy at times where you're just spamming LMB/RMB stuff and hoping for crits/waiting for wingstorm. Especially with my crappy crit rate I don't see it being very good.

You have to rely on crits for both builds, especially if you have the skill book for Dragoncall that lets you instant cast another one if the first crits (same book for Dragon Helix lets it return two orbs on crit so you get another one with your Rupture orb).

Here's a video of the Dragon Helix build in action.

Dragoncall build with the skill book looks really amazing visually though.

So many dragons.

arimanius

The bug where rooted mobs get reset is killing my warlock. They really need to fix that asap. Unfortunately I've read it's been known in Korea for awhile.

The bug where rooted mobs get reset is killing my warlock. They really need to fix that asap. Unfortunately I've read it's been known in Korea for awhile.

Don't know if that has anything to do with the Warlock root to be honest.

It's only happened to me once so far in the Ogong dungeon.

The monkey mini-boss that spawns 2 tigers started resetting repeatedly. And that's without roots casted because there was no time. We would be attacking it then it would reset, then 2 seconds later it would reset again repeatedly until most of us were wiped out. The other Warlock in the party mentioned the rumour.

I'm not convinced that it's the Warlock 2 causing it because neither of us casted it and and the boss would reset every couple of seconds until all of us except for one person were KO'd.

arimanius

Don't know if that has anything to do with the Warlock root to be honest.

It's only happened to me once so far in the Ogong dungeon.

The monkey mini-boss that spawns 2 tigers started resetting repeatedly. And that's without roots casted because there was no time. We would be attacking it then it would reset, then 2 seconds later it would reset again repeatedly until most of us were wiped out. The other Warlock in the party mentioned the rumour.

I'm not convinced that it's the Warlock 2 causing it because neither of us casted it and and the boss would reset every couple of seconds until all of us except for one person were KO'd.

I don't know if it's roots in general but it always happens to me. Had it happen a ton tonight when I doing harbor.

edit* Just had it happen in the tower. Makes using the 2 spell a gamble.

Top Bottom