• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

arimanius

Got my BM up to 45 yesterday. So now have a 45 Warlock, Destroyer, Assassin, KFM, and BM and still don't know what to main. So frustrating.

Are groups usually set up on Discord? Can't join the GAF guild since I play on a different server (could never log in on Mushin when I had time before). Wouldn't mind doing some of the harder dungeons like the Lab or BSH.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Letting everyone know in the Main Guild. I will be away this weekend on another tournament so I will not be online at all. IN mean time Neoak and Shin can hold down fort again. I just remember last tournament I went to I forgot to let you guys know I will be away. Who knows I might sign on sunday and sat night if I find time to play a good hour or two

NeOak

I blame Saff

E4T6r6j.png

Hey guys, I'm looking for another alt between force master and warlock. I like mobility a bit more, so i was considering force master a bit more. Some of the Warlock stuff looked flashier though and I like it flashy as well ^^;. I'd mostly be playing pve if that matters aswell. Anyone have an opinion on which class is more fun to play in general?

NeOak

I blame Saff even more
3rd time I tune the appearance of this character

Hey guys, I'm looking for another alt between force master and warlock. I like mobility a bit more, so i was considering force master a bit more. Some of the Warlock stuff looked flashier though and I like it flashy as well ^^;. I'd mostly be playing pve if that matters aswell. Anyone have an opinion on which class is more fun to play in general?

That is up to you really. How about try both until level 10 or something?

https://youtu.be/OjQrf8mOf6s

For Blade Master in this guild running Naryu this weekend while i'm away for another Major tournament. this is a Video of me tanking all 3 adds. please use it as a reference to get a understanding what you need to do when the need arises

Is this like hard mode tanking? I mean it's so much easier if you just go sit in the open corner, hit every add once at the start, run over there, then just spam block(the non counter one, lasts longer and heals you). Only nearest add grabs you, so SS that. When boss does big aoe, cyclone or SS whichever is up. Can spec multislash in case neither is up too. Goes a ton smoother. Not as good as cat tank though.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I just recently got sucked into this game even though I was hyped for it years ago.

The server I play on I'm kinda a jerk. If a player kills me when I'm alt tabbed on my summoner I will repeatedly kill them while they keep talking smack as if they were a super hot shot.
Guy asked me when I was going to fight since my cat did most the damage.... Kek

NeOak

I just recently got sucked into this game even though I was hyped for it years ago.

The server I play on I'm kinda a jerk. If a player kills me when I'm alt tabbed on my summoner I will repeatedly kill them while they keep talking smack as if they were a super hot shot.
Guy asked me when I was going to fight since my cat did most the damage.... Kek

You should have seen the 45 that I killed, told him he needed a better SS, he then told me he was ok and didn't need anything, so I killed him again to prove him wrong.

He bitched at me for like 30 mins for killing his lv 14 alt before he was on his 45. Like, OwPvP buddy: you put on the uniform, you're a target. Honor? what honor?

tatsuki

My blackwyrm chest opening rng is terrible. I followed my faction between channels for 12 chests earlier and all I got was 2 evolved stones and the outfit.

I leveled a summoner to 45 the past 2 days for the extra temptation outfit and it was in my mail today. I don't think I have it in me to do another character though. There are parts of the story while lvling that are really starting to annoy me. I know it's not incredibly long but the whole intro to moonwater really gets to me. I'm fine once I get past those first 2 or 3 chapters though.

Also, Summoner vs Junghado is 100% cheese mode. I haven't tried Mushin yet though. Maybe it will be more challenging?

Character Count
2 45 Blade Masters
1 45 Warlock
1 45 Summoner
1 45 Blade Dancer.

I might regret putting time and money into alts if Silverfrost really comes out on the 6th though >.<

My blackwyrm chest opening rng is terrible. I followed my faction between channels for 12 chests earlier and all I got was 2 evolved stones and the outfit.

I leveled a summoner to 45 the past 2 days for the extra temptation outfit and it was in my mail today. I don't think I have it in me to do another character though. There are parts of the story while lvling that are really starting to annoy me. I know it's not incredibly long but the whole intro to moonwater really gets to me. I'm fine once I get past those first 2 or 3 chapters though.

Also, Summoner vs Junghado is 100% cheese mode. I haven't tried Mushin yet though. Maybe it will be more challenging?

Mushin is certainly harder than Junghado, although I don't know how much more so for a Summoner since.....Summoner.

Muzicfreq

Banned
You should have seen the 45 that I killed, told him he needed a better SS, he then told me he was ok and didn't need anything, so I killed him again to prove him wrong.

He bitched at me for like 30 mins for killing his lv 14 alt before he was on his 45. Like, OwPvP buddy: you put on the uniform, you're a target. Honor? what honor?

Lol I get kinda irritated when a high level kills me but sometimes I understand when they're helping their buds and just target kill all red named mobs.. I get mixed in there sometimes.

Ken

gimme one of your 45 blademasters

I always found the worst parts of the story to be everything after necropolis. brightstone village kinda stinks too.

When leveling I really hate the desert(luckily it's one of the easier part to skip by grinding in vulture dig) and the necropolis part where you time travel and there's no TP and you have to run back and forth for what seems like an hour. Bunch of other specific parts too annoy me, mostly quests and what not, but overall I don't mind it too much. Good thing is I'm pretty much done leveling forever, I could still level 3 classes but have little interest in them so until the Soul Fighter leveling challenge I probably won't level anything.

And yeah musin as summoner is easy. Mostly the issue is having enough gear to make the timers, because while you're never at a risk of dying(well mostly, sometimes he does weird shit), you still need to make that enrage timer. With true profane 10 I could only do 8.1 and 8.2, 8.3 I didn't have enough time even when eating several stacks of the buff(also the buff applies to the cat, which is a big problem since it means it'll die at some point since you're often draining it to heal yourself and stuff, but rezing it is pretty easy during a fire phase or just rooting mushin). With True Siren 10 I had enough to beat 8.3 with a bit of time to spare. I didn't upgrade my accessories though, so probably awakened siren 10 is enough with awaken siren accs to go with.

NeOak

Man, making gold in the game is hard. Either RNG, or getting lucky with RNG, or just making 8 characters and doing dailies
or botting

Man, making gold in the game is hard. Either RNG, or getting lucky with RNG, or just making 8 characters and doing dailies
or botting

Well arena is good on EU, on NA I guess you make a lot less money that way due to SS prices being low, but isn't everything a lot cheaper as a result? Like moonwater stones are 3g or something from what I heard. You still get pretty good money from doing mushin/nsh/efleet which doesn't take all too long. Once you're geared you can farm money pretty quick too either doing blue dungeons for tears(but again no idea what NA prices are like, on EU they're 70silvers atm which is a lot lower than a week ago but still good considering you can do pigsty in 5-6mins) or mushin 5F to 8.2 for honorary which is RNG but eh.

BSH4 and Naryu6 also are pretty good money in general. Hell even poh4 might be with the prices on gun oil.

I mean there's no like "make a lot of money fast" scheme but there rarely is, if you play everyday you make a good bit of money out of the tedious dailly stuff and eventually buy what you want. It's when legendaries are going to come that shit will be really out of proportion, but atm I find that I can advance toward upgrades quickly enough with only doing a few daillies on 2chars.

I get about 80 soulstones a day doing pvp daillies on summoner+BM and misty woods faction daillies(I don't bother doing tomb of exiles or the beach ones anymore) and like 15g or whatever from mushin/pvp/faction quests and some crafting. That means I can generally consider upgrading something every few days. Like I'm at awakened pirate on summoner, to get to true pirate, I'll need about 5-6days, which I find is an acceptable amount of time for progression. Upgrading an accessory would be ~3days or so instead.

I can get this done in like 1h30-2h, and most of it is doing stuff I enjoy(the faction daillies I hate, but I like doing mushin seeing how fast I can go and arena is fun).

tatsuki

And yeah musin as summoner is easy. Mostly the issue is having enough gear to make the timers, because while you're never at a risk of dying(well mostly, sometimes he does weird shit), you still need to make that enrage timer. With true profane 10 I could only do 8.1 and 8.2, 8.3 I didn't have enough time even when eating several stacks of the buff(also the buff applies to the cat, which is a big problem since it means it'll die at some point since you're often draining it to heal yourself and stuff, but rezing it is pretty easy during a fire phase or just rooting mushin). With True Siren 10 I had enough to beat 8.3 with a bit of time to spare. I didn't upgrade my accessories though, so probably awakened siren 10 is enough with awaken siren accs to go with.

My summoner is only at 380 attack power. I keep avoiding having to deal with him. I think I might have to give it a shot today though. No more going back downstairs after Junghado.

I always found the worst parts of the story to be everything after necropolis. brightstone village kinda stinks too.

I would if I could. My 2nd one is rarely used. I just don't have it in me to do all the same dailies on all of my characters and that character is the one that just sits there.

Around Sapphire Basin is where I noticed I start to get annoyed with side quests and just focus on getting the main story done instead.

Also, is Artisanal Moonwater Crit Primer known to fail at getting max stats? I just used one on a bis lab 4 piece and it gave me a normal.

My summoner is only at 380 attack power. I keep avoiding having to deal with him. I think I might have to give it a shot today though. No more going back downstairs after Junghado.

I would if I could. My 2nd one is rarely used. I just don't have it in me to do all the same dailies on all of my characters and that character is the one that just sits there.

Around Sapphire Basin is where I noticed I start to get annoyed with side quests and just focus on getting the main story done instead.

Also, is Artisanal Moonwater Crit Primer known to fail at getting max stats? I just used one on a bis lab 4 piece and it gave me a normal.

Well 380 should be enough for 8.1 and 8.2. 8.1 is a pure DPS check, no skill needed other than running circles, 8.2 is where you learn the few attacks he has to prepare for 8.3.

I think artisanal shields work the same way as others, they don't always give you max value. Tbh I don't bother, I run mushin everyday so I have a lot of endless tower and mushin #8 that I use instead, it's a ton cheaper and is about the same crit, in fact it's higher for mushin #8 with good roll(it's the highest in our current patch to infuse naryu with). Can also use BSH #8 if you have some spare.

Sciel

THIS, so much this. I just leveled my warlock from 1-45 over the weekend and the necropolis bits of the MSQ were AWFUL. Towards the end, you literally run across the map 4-5 times for each part of the quest.

or botting
Just do the usual dailies on your main (or alt?). Besides that, what i did was farm poh4. The perfumes sell really well and you can get lucky when costumes drop (was making between 1.5 to 2.5 g a run usually).

Character Count
2 45 Blade Masters
1 45 Warlock
1 45 Summoner
1 45 Blade Dancer.

I might regret putting time and money into alts if Silverfrost really comes out on the 6th though >.<

Mushin 1-> stand still and pewpew. CC him with cat when he motions to grab/ manages to grab you.

Mushin 2-> CC with cat and spam. I would say this is same level/ only slightly harder than F7 as SMN.

Mushin 3-> Basically M2 with increased damage/speed/HP in DPS race mode.

I really enjoyed the Mushin fights TBH. As a summoner, they really teach/make you not be so reliant on Cat taunt and to use everything in your arsenal to pull off the wins

Ruff

My assassin just hit 45. I have the complete Endless Tower SS set from doing Mushin Tower 1 to 8 at 43 already... What SS should I be mixing this with? I have really low crit (1500ish) Nightshade harbor? Should I be bother with E. Fleet? I can only do the 24 man version of them due to constant afks/kicks so where does it drop there? Thanks if anyone answers ;-;

Edit: These 2 sets of dungeons having similar names Bloodshade, nightshade... Supply chain, E supply fleet is really confusing for newbies. Which one do I want D: I currently only have Max profane weapon, 370 AP. I have my siren weapon but the mat prices man, gonna take some farming.

Ruff

So for clarification, Is "Bloodshade Soul Shield" the set from Nightshade Harbour that i'm after? I must have somehow got one from the 24 man version then.

My assassin just hit 45. I have the complete Endless Tower SS set from doing Mushin Tower 1 to 8 at 43 already... What SS should I be mixing this with? I have really low crit (1500ish) Nightshade harbor? Should I be bother with E. Fleet? I can only do the 24 man version of them due to constant afks/kicks so where does it drop there? Thanks if anyone answers ;-;

Edit: These 2 sets of dungeons having similar names Bloodshade, nightshade... Supply chain, E supply fleet is really confusing for newbies. Which one do I want D: I currently only have Max profane weapon, 370 AP. I have my siren weapon but the mat prices man, gonna take some farming.

The soulshields from these dungeons are the same, there's only one bloodshade soulshield set(well technically there's a blue one also but that's obviously not good) that you can also get in nightshade and one blackram that you can get in efleet. Difference is they're not guaranteed in 24man, it's a chance in chests you open, while in 6man they're guaranteed to drop from each boss.

Mostly you'll want the bloodshade soulshield, especially 3 5 7 as mentionned before(and you need to roll crit on 3), but some others are also better/similar to mushin/endless tower, check the google doc for the full list of stats. For the BiS set the only soulshield from tower you want is Mushin #2(not endless tower, it drops in 8.1).

With a mix of endless tower, mushin #2 and BSH 3 5 7 on my summoner I have 55+% crit though, which is more than enough, Naryu is mostly for the health and a little bit more crit(think my BM has like 58% instead with near perfect soulshields, so yeah). I did infuse a lot of my stuff with endless tower/mushin #8, so I have like 100-120crit infuses on most pieces, those cost quite a bit of money however. Can just infuse with critical elite shields that drop in efleet, the green ones, they're cheap to infuse with and give 30-40crit per piece.

Skip blackram entirely if you already got endless tower, not worth the time/money to unseal these.

That said since you'll most likely need emblems to buy siren/pirate weapons, you might as well do efleet daillies too. They're also good xp for hm levels.

Ruff

Thanks for the advice :) It's really quite overwhelming once you get to 45. I didn't even know you could upgrade SS pieces until today ;-;

Thanks for the advice :) It's really quite overwhelming once you get to 45. I didn't even know you could upgrade SS pieces until today ;-;

Yeah there's a bunch of stuff not explained and especially now that there's a lot of content at once, it's a lot of stuff to take in. Was easier at launch when there was only poh so your path to upgrades was pretty clear.

And yeah do infuse even garbage stuff, if you use the elite crit shields from efleet(can buy them from the market too if you're lazy/don't have enough), it costs only 10silvers per infuse, throw one infuse on each piece of your soul shield and you get like 250-300crit for only 80s, which is easily one of the most cost efficient damage boost you can get. Then as you change your shield, you reinfuse pieces, and eventually once you have decent gear you can infuse with purples which cost 50s and 2soulstones, which is quite a bit costly unless infusing perfect pieces, and even then not worth if you still need money for gear.

Also the biggest damage increase to look for at cap, other than getting to true profane 10/true infernal 10 accessories(or awakened infernal I forgot how they're called), is buying an attack power diamond. Sparkling Pentagonal Diamonds with +25attack power are like 17g atm on EU(might be lower or higher on NA no idea), and they're worth all that money and more. They were worth buying back when they were 30g. Make sure you don't buy the crapped additional damage ones and instead get attack power. You can search the market for 25 attack diamond, and it'll show you the right ones.

Ruff

I actually bought one of those straight away haha. It made me do more damage than going through a whole weapon evolution which is pretty insane.

Wow what in the actual fuck. The expansion comes out in two days on the 23rd. Damn I though I would at least be able to finish my HM levels in time and now I'm gonna be stuck at HM4 until I get to 50.

They need to slow down, like seriously, I haven't had a chance to do Naryu and BSH4 yet, and there are still like million other things to do.

Chariot

Oh good, I can return to the game then. I didn't play the past week, because there was not much left, but grinding the same stuff. And I am not one to commit to two characters.

They need to slow down, like seriously, I haven't had a chance to do Naryu and BSH4 yet, and there are still like million other things to do.

Hopefully they'll slow down once we're at 50. I had plenty of time to do stuff but I could see how this is too fast for a lot of people, my friend who doesn't play as much as I do just upgraded to awakened pirate yesterday, and he still gets pretty good money cause he's a summoner who does some pvp and we do BSH/naryu daillies everyday quickly together.

On the other hand, so excited for new content, and for 50 HM10 BM options. Like, I can take all the things, I don't have to decide which skills I can't take even though they're all so good, for real? So hyped about that. Oh and HM block.

cHinzo

Thank god I'm locked in at Awakened Pirate. Going for True cost so much. Prolly won't be able to get the new BM skills anyways as usual, since they cost a fortune.

Top Bottom