• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

arimanius

Too fucking soon im getting punished for not getting to pirate on my WL which is ridiculous.

Half way April would have been decent.

God that sucks. They really threw everyone that isn't at Pirate under a bus. Also those lvling rewards are now useless and i was counting on those for my WL.

Yeah I'm pretty upset at this as well. Just makes everyone not already at pirate be even further behind. Good way to make people frustrated and just say fuck it and quit.

tatsuki

I'll only be able to get to True Siren 10 by the update. How screwed am I? I knew I was going to regret dropping so much gold in the currency exchange for outfits.

Well you have to remember that not being at pirate only means that you won't be able to upgrade right away at good costs, but prices will go down relatively quickly anyway, at which point it's no real difference and it's not like it's impossible to upgrade either. Probably will go down faster than MTS did too cause now everyone knows how it works from the start, everyone will be farming for the recipe asap and stuff.

We're also not getting any content that actually requires to have like true scorpio or anything like that. I mean the 4man groups that will want to clear fast will ask for x AP, but they already do right now so that doesn't change anything.

I have True Profane or whatever the second profane one is before the storm upgrades I think.

I'm looking forward to the new content, I'm assumming with the level 50 stuff that means we're getting the next chapter of the story?

Yushi

Everyone are going crazy over the weapon upgrade. We're getting a significant increase of resources with the 50 patch too. Sure it's going to cost a bit more but it wont be too bad imo. While we seem to get the same things as TW and co, we do have some slight difference.

I have True Profane or whatever the second profane one is before the storm upgrades I think.

I'm looking forward to the new content, I'm assumming with the level 50 stuff that means we're getting the next chapter of the story?

Yes, the trailer that was posted(it was posted wasn't it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5blceLTBxU ) shows some bits of the story stuff. Also content.

Is not being at a certain weapon level that bad going into Silverfrost?

Well the assumption, and probably the right one, is the materials for upgrading at 50(the silverfrost transformation stones, the moonstones and the venom things etc) will be very expensive at first, because they're new and the demand will be very high and supply very low and such. That means that once you go into the patch, upgrading your weapon is going to be pretty annoying, kinda like how it was the first couple of week of the release with MTS being worth 10g+ and so on.

Meanwhile, upgrading now is great because the mats are basically at an all time low(well they went up since the announcement, but they're still low). And because the upgrades are parallel, upgrading now is the same as upgrading after the patch(to a certain level), but comparitively is a lot "cheaper".

To give an example, let's say you do daillies now, not too many but like NSH BSH Naryu and Mushin. That's like 10g. That buys you 2 MTS(3 if you're on NA I think). Now in the 50 patch, you do the same amount of daillies and get 40g(yeah it goes up a lot). But the stones due to their rarity since they're reliant on refiners that need a recipe that not many ppl have and that has a 12hours cooldown, those stones are worth 60g. Now you need a day and a half worth of daillies to buy one stone. That means you need like over a week to get the money just to buy the stones. And you still need to buy all the rest of the crap.

That said, fast forward a month where you've been building up your money slowly and maybe upgrading a bit, and new stones are now worth 30g instead. Not quite as cheap as current, but you can buy over a stone a day and upgrade at a decent pace.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hmm, I see. Well, I'll just go with the flow. I'm not even sure what to main anymore at this point. I really like WL T-T But I like my BD too.

God that sucks. They really threw everyone that isn't at Pirate under a bus. Also those lvling rewards are now useless and i was counting on those for my WL.

Yeah I'm pretty upset at this as well. Just makes everyone not already at pirate be even further behind. Good way to make people frustrated and just say fuck it and quit.

Damn y'all act like it's the end of the fucking world if you don't get to pirate before the expansion. It's really not that serious plus the expansion is gonna bring more resources anyways. Get a grip people

NeOak

Damn y'all act like it's the end of the fucking world if you don't get to pirate before the expansion. It's really not that serious plus the expansion is gonna bring more resources anyways. Get a grip people
It is the end of the fucking world!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It would be good if we could still upgrade to siren/pirate even after the patch, but I'm not sure if they are removing the weapons

Seriously NCSoft, you're fucking giving us shit too fast and making our stuff obsolete too fast.

Sciel

I think thats a little unfair.
The patch announcement was extremely abrupt (like what...2 days in advance?) which leaves people with little to no time to prepare.

Personally i'm not too upset since my main is geared (my warlock will be stuck in siren path though grr) , but i can see why people are raising pitchforks now.

NeOak

I'm salty as fuck. Yesterday I was gonna buy the 4 MTS to go to Awakened Siren, but thought that prices would drop because it was a monday.

They were 3g70s. Now they are 4g27s.

Fuck you NCSOFT.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm salty as fuck. Yesterday I was gonna buy the 4 MTS to go to Awakened Siren, but thought that prices would drop because it was a monday.

They were 3g70s. Now they are 4g27s.

Fuck you NCSOFT.

Pretty sure those prices were going to rise no matter when they announced the patch. =/

yaffi

I mean, I won't be able to upgrade to pirate before the patch either (stuck at true siren stage 10). I just didn't think it would hit that early; but eh, whatever.

NeOak

The new path is BS.

2fPHzkk.png

We're getting crap way too fast, personally as someone who doesn't have that much free time. (I work 12 hour days) it just feels like I'm falling even further behind, with no reasonable way of me ever coming close to catching up.

Now you're telling me people who aren't at Awakened/True w/e the crap Pirate are forced into an even longer weapon upgrading grind to reach the same bloody end point?

The only other MMO I've played has been TERA but I've never felt pressured into rushing through content as much as I've have playing BnS. It's ridiculous.

Honestly they just want us to be caught up Korea and all of it's content. Trust me these content releases will slow down eventually then you will all shift to complaining about no new content.

NeOak

Honestly they just want us to be caught up Korea and all of it's content. Trust me these content releases will slow down eventually then you will all shift to complaining about no new content.
Sure, but not by announcing new content that fucks over whoever hasn't finished the current content and fucks the new players just 2 days before it is launched because they haven't had time to prepare.

Fucking BS. If you don't respect people's time and effort, they leave.

I quit Destiny when Bungie pulled this shit with TDB, and they fixed it with HoW. Seriously, fuck off NCWest.

NeOak

This path was also in Korea, you should also blame the developer as well.

I knew we wouldn't get the Dragon legendaries and what not at the old 45 end game.

I'm pissed off for the sudden announcement. I was fine with the rumored April 6 date.

Sorry it's just no that serious to me. They'll get caught up. I agree they shouldn't of gave us only two days notice but it didn't kill my excitement for the expansion any. My only gripe was that I didn't get to HM level 5 before the expansion. The weapons thing isn't that big a deal to me. I understand it's expensive but I just have this feel that whatever weapon you have you'll be alright to do the content.

The weapons thing isn't that big a deal to me. I understand it's expensive but I just have this feel that whatever weapon you have you'll be alright to do the content.

It's nice you feel that way, but I am sure most DF groups will scoff at the notion having someone still at Profane or Awakened Siren trying to do dungeons with them, adding more time/gold sink upgrade paths well not help with that stigma at all.

You already have that problem with freaking POH6/4 and BSH6/4 and people AP gating others.

Speaking of which there needs to be a penalty for outright leaving a party while in dungeons, I've seen this happen way too many times and it's absurd that they get off scott free. That crap doesn't fly in other MMOs.

This content release schedule is fucking ridiculous. I haven't even done Naryu Labyrinth yet because I've been leveling WL. What the fuck is even the point of the level 45 event rewards if they are being made instantly obsolete when the event ends. How the fuck am I going to find someone to do Naryu with now that it's being made obsolete. Are they really going to burn though 4 years of content in 4 months and then everyone will quit when there is nothing to do.

I don't really think NCSOFT has the slightest clue what they are doing. Which is about right for them going by their history come to think of it.

I think they said since the beginning that we were going to be caught up with everything this year so NA could compete in the tournaments or whatever.

The release of the 50 stuff is sudden, but it means we'll get to explore more new areas and progress with the story which is nice.

Yes, the trailer that was posted(it was posted wasn't it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5blceLTBxU ) shows some bits of the story stuff. Also content.

All of this looks pretty hype. A bunch of new characters and Dochun putting in the work.

NeOak

The release of the 50 stuff is sudden, but it means we'll get to explore more new areas and progress with the story which is nice.

So-so on the story, we're getting the "neutral" path that was made for the Chinese localization, which was then retrofitted to KR. It would be nice if we could have gotten the original Hongmoon and "evil" paths.

And you're forgetting the butchering that NCWest did to the story and side stories. I'm cringing at what they have made to what is left to cover. Inb4 cookie cutter black-and-white PG toned down stuff. Like what we got.

Ken

This content release schedule is fucking ridiculous. I haven't even done Naryu Labyrinth yet because I've been leveling WL. What the fuck is even the point of the level 45 event rewards if they are being made instantly obsolete when the event ends. How the fuck am I going to find someone to do Naryu with now that it's being made obsolete. Are they really going to burn though 4 years of content in 4 months and then everyone will quit when there is nothing to do.

I don't really think NCSOFT has the slightest clue what they are doing. Which is about right for them going by their history come to think of it.

I haven't done Naryu yet either. You can carry me through that later!

So you'll help those of us at True Profane to do the dungeons, right?

So we can eventually catch up, right?

Naw I'll let you guy burn while I enjoy the new content. Besides I'm at True Siren so I still got a battle on my hands myself. I'll still enjoy it though.

So-so on the story, we're getting the "neutral" path that was made for the Chinese localization, which was then retrofitted to KR. It would be nice if we could have gotten the original Hongmoon and "evil" paths.

And you're forgetting the butchering that NCWest did to the story and side stories. I'm cringing at what they have made to what is left to cover. Inb4 cookie cutter black-and-white PG toned down stuff. Like what we got.

I've read a bunch of posts detailing the changes that have been made to the story like the Moonwater Plains "memory dive" segment that was added in for some reason that I have yet to find a sensible explanation for. I'll do the same for the new content so I can get a better picture of what's supposed to be happening.

NeOak

Naw I'll let you guy burn while I enjoy the new content. Besides I'm at True Siren so I still got a battle on my hands myself. I'll still enjoy it though.

I bet if you didn't have True Siren, you wouldn't be such a smug ass right now.

I've read a bunch of posts detailing the changes that have been made to the story like the Moonwater Plains "memory dive" segment that was added in for some reason that I have yet to find a sensible explanation for. I'll do the same for the new content so I can get a better picture of what's supposed to be happening.

Our character is even dumber in the neutral lv50 story. Seriously.

I'm 100% sure that if I had True Profane I would still be enjoying the game and feeling the same exact way. I'm not you and you're for damn sure not me. Lol at me being smug tho.

Our character is even dumber in the neutral lv50 story. Seriously.

I can believe that.

I already expect all the cool things to involve other characters doing things while our character will mainly fly towards someone then probably get hit back or incapacitated somehow.

Sölf

I haven't played in weeks. And since they decided to just release the addon on wednesday, I have to at least give the Naryu Labyrinth a try! xD

I can believe that.

I already expect all the cool things to involve other characters doing things while our character will mainly fly towards someone then probably get hit back or incapacitated somehow.

No what will happen is a big flower pops out of your back and everyone around you gets killed and then Jinsoyun taunts you and wanders off because she likes to keep you alive so she can kill more of your pals while you watch.

Ruff

I have to get from 41 to 45 by the cut off for the free stuff. Tips?

I quested from 41 to 43, then you can do 24-man poh and complete the dailies there. They give a good chunk of XP. You can also farm undead mobs at the crash site in misty woods with a XP soup pretty fast. You can probably do that at 41 too if questing isn't fast enough

Top Bottom