• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Ken

Storm Siren? Costs 20siren emblems, 18 with premium. Not worth bothering getting it otherwise unless you'd rather spend 10g to buy a moonwater key via currency exchange and using it on a chest, but chests are annoying to farm. Normal siren you just run 4man poh, drops 1-2weapon per run plus chests. Can also buy for 45/40 emblems.

Siren. I don't have anyone to do 4man poh with and I'm at 39 emblems after doing dailies. Right now trying to just do bosses for their chests and hoping for the last emblem.

Siren. I don't have anyone to do 4man poh with and I'm at 39 emblems after doing dailies. Right now trying to just do bosses for their chests and hoping for the last emblem.

Well I used to do poh4 with F8 random groups, worked fine, dungeon is pretty easy, but I did that as tank or summoner, so wether or not my team was good wasn't really a factor. Would be more annoying on some other classes I guess.

Can always just wait for the daily reset tomorrow if you're that close though.

I just hit 45 and slightly overwhelmed about what to do next...

I assume I should be running Blackram Supply Chain for its soul shields then do dallies to farm gold for upgrades?

Also is there any room in the GAF guild? Figured it'll be full since it doesnt show up on the search function.

Ken

Well I used to do poh4 with F8 random groups, worked fine, dungeon is pretty easy, but I did that as tank or summoner, so wether or not my team was good wasn't really a factor. Would be more annoying on some other classes I guess.

Can always just wait for the daily reset tomorrow if you're that close though.

Ok I just did it with F8 lol. The 4th dropped at Chef and we 3 manned the rest. That wasn't too awful; we almost one shot everything too. I think I was just traumatized by 4man BSH.

I just hit 45 and slightly overwhelmed about what to do next...

I assume I should be running Blackram Supply Chain for its soul shields then do dallies to farm gold for upgrades?

Also is there any room in the GAF guild? Figured it'll be full since it doesnt show up on the search function.

Yeah Blackram Supply Chain isn't bad option for Soul Shield since the Bloodshade SS are getting bid really high these days (like 50s+ for the 3,5,7 pieces). On my 45 Warlock I just farmed a full set of Endless Tower but that might be rough if that's your first 45.

Kangi

Started playing on Monday or so, hit 45 today. Instantly cleared Mushin level 7. Summoner is so great.

Time to slowly farm money. Not even at Profane weapon yet. Have full Endless Tower, at least.

Probably could've gotten farther by now if I didn't spend so long farming outfits, but my little geomancer needs to stay fashionable. At least, as fashionable as a male Lyn can be considering the horrible array of options. I should still get that Grave Robber outfit regardless.

Ken

I'd be more inclined to finish my smn if lyn didn't have that weird droopy head thing going on (and also everything past awakened siren costing a fortune).

cHinzo

69d94e17bc.jpg

FML.

What exclusive stuff does 4man naryu have or is it just the outfits?

I think the outfits drop in 6man too? There is the achievement for 10clear which gives +3AP so that's something decent, although I'm fine with my 150defense one for now. Not really worth running 4man until you have full soulshields though. I do now but my friends I run with don't so I'll probably stick to 6man for a while. I think once our summoner get pirate weap we'll just 3man it a few times for the achievement.

Finished leveling my 2nd 45 for the leveling event, my FM. I really liked how easy it was leveling, but I'm not really digging the endgame stuff too much, it's too finnicky with the RMB/LMB stuff, like you have to just do RMB/LMB then press a key, you can't just mash RMB/LMB then do whatever like you can with most other classes, if you press the key inbetween it casts the frost spell instead and then it fucks everything up cause there's a weird global cooldown on abilities or what not. The damage is crazy good, it's just annoying to play.

Another class to 45 that I don't feel like playing anymore.

Sciel

What exclusive stuff does 4man naryu have or is it just the outfits?
Seems to just be costumes (I've never seen them in 6 man). Other than that, the dungeon drops more or less the same loot and is a pain.

We did it with a really "cheese" setup of 3 SMN 1 FM. We didn't really have the BiS Soul Shields (most still using BSH/Endless and had sub 35k hp). Did have 3 True Pirate weapons tho.

NeOak

FYI, we have space in the main guild.

Whisper Serena (me) or UGS BboyDragon for invite.

Send me a mail too if i'm not on.

Tabby

So after about 2ish months I've finally hit level 45. What am I suppose to do now? I've got Moonwater Hero SS but which SS am I meant to go for next?

ok I'll send neOak a mail for guild invite after my xiv raid and then you can carry me to warlock books and naryu ss

I should warn you that I haven't reached 45 on my WL yet lol

Ken is in the Discord right now and he's been there awhile, weeks probably considering I don't exactly watch the list of people in it everyday

Ken

I should warn you that I haven't reached 45 on my WL yet lol

Ken is in the Discord right now and he's been there awhile, weeks probably considering I don't exactly watch the list of people in it everyday

Oh I got invited earlier. Thanks NeOak!

I just sit in Discord cause XIV GAF moved to Discord too so I have both servers open. You can message me there and I'll maybe check it!

cHinzo

Glad I'm locked into the Pirate weapon path. :D Still don't have all my Naryu Lab shield pieces, since they are still expensive as fck and it's hard to get all the right pieces to drop. Only saw the 6 and 8 piece once.

Well prices going down, at least on EU. NA was already rock bottom so guess it won't move much but EU, moonwater stones went from around 6g to 5.2-5.3 in 3days. Announcement probably won't help(was crashing before), so unloaded all my stones for now.

Gonna upgrade my summoner weapon to pirate, every other char I'm leaving at true profane. BM's fully geared at this point, just need to solo farm naryu optional bosses to get some stones thingies to make a moonwater soul on that char.

I got really lucky on summoner the other day when I decided to start gearing up, it started with getting a perfect Mushin #2 when I was doing my daily mushin run, then I decided I'd do NSH and BSH to get some pirate emblems and maybe soulshields, ended getting perfect #7 and #5 bloodshade from NSH and then got a near perfect #3 in my BSH run for "only" 70silvers. Also got a dark pirate box, so basically don't have to run any of these anymore, only took one run of each.

Also on the silverfrost thing, from the looks of it the HM skill we're getting is the Yeti one. Which for BM is basically the best one more or less, it's hongmoon Block. Sadly the idea of having to pay the equivalent of 500g again isn't very appealing, but eh.

Full list for people too lazy to check:
Blade Master: Block(top tier pve/pvp)
Kung Fu Master: Counter(top tier pve and probably pvp too since iframes)
Destroyer: Hurricane(seems top tier for pvp, pve I don't think so unless tanking or whatever, maybe)
Force Master: Impact(seems great for pvp can do melee counter with knockback, not so great for pve only a bit more damage when you impact)
Assassin: Decoy(not sure if it's any good, gives iframes so might be nice for solo pve at least)
Summoner: Seed Shroud(seems very good, gives overflow for 3secs on counter for burst, probably top tier pve and pvp)
Blade Dancer: Vortex(no idea)
Warlock: Soul Shackles(seems alright for pvp)

NeOak

So I shouldn't try to get Siren? lololol

I guess time to do runs to get money from those bidding wars or something.

Sigh, still gotta level up an alt for the costume. Too lazy D:

So I shouldn't try to get Siren? lololol

I guess time to do runs to get money from those bidding wars or something.

Sigh, still gotta level up an alt for the costume. Too lazy D:

You should absolutely try to get siren, or awakened pirate. It'll skip steps when the lvl cap is raised, which is sure to have very high prices when the materials are in low supply at the start. The higher you can go before the patch hits, the better, as the prices are currently low compared to daily income, but once the patch hits, we're going back to high prices for like a month or two.

Alt leveling goes quick if you focus on it and don't waste too much time. Buy a 25AP diamond to put on the alt, buy a gem hammer so you can get the 4th socket for only 1 hammer once you have awakened blight, get at least 1 soup from the cash shop(hongmoon coins) or use one you got from daily dash that's sitting there, maybe 2 or 3 even, then at ~25 go to vulture dig and grind in there until 31-32 with soups on, will save you like 2-3hours in the desert. Try to find people doing Poharan 24 when you reach 43 and get the quest for a large boost of xp, or grind with soups at monkeystone or undeads in misty woods if there's no one, can do last 2 levels in an hour.

Total time is like 15hours without being too efficient, can go down to like 12hours. Can be done over the weekend pretty easily.

That said, it's no Dreamcutter, so not a huge deal.

Ken

Well, refining stones were only going for 20s+ in the runs I did earlier which is a big increase over them falling to the floor.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just wanted to give you guys a status update just letting you know I'm still alive. :lol

Wanted to take a break from the game as the constant content updates were becoming overwhelming (+ salt generated from Mushin's rage), as well as wanting most of the player base getting their Naryu Lab pieces so I wouldn't have to deal with the crazy bidding wars. Will probably get back on either later this week or weekend. Want to try to get some time in before DOAX3 drops. :p

NeOak

You should absolutely try to get siren, or awakened pirate. It'll skip steps when the lvl cap is raised, which is sure to have very high prices when the materials are in low supply at the start. The higher you can go before the patch hits, the better, as the prices are currently low compared to daily income, but once the patch hits, we're going back to high prices for like a month or two.

Alt leveling goes quick if you focus on it and don't waste too much time. Buy a 25AP diamond to put on the alt, buy a gem hammer so you can get the 4th socket for only 1 hammer once you have awakened blight, get at least 1 soup from the cash shop(hongmoon coins) or use one you got from daily dash that's sitting there, maybe 2 or 3 even, then at ~25 go to vulture dig and grind in there until 31-32 with soups on, will save you like 2-3hours in the desert. Try to find people doing Poharan 24 when you reach 43 and get the quest for a large boost of xp, or grind with soups at monkeystone or undeads in misty woods if there's no one, can do last 2 levels in an hour.

Total time is like 15hours without being too efficient, can go down to like 12hours. Can be done over the weekend pretty easily.

That said, it's no Dreamcutter, so not a huge deal.

Thank you. I have a lot of soups and I didn't know about the hammer at that stage. Now i have to get 4 ;/

I'll do exactly that. Fastest should be Warlock, right?

Just wanted to give you guys a status update just letting you know I'm still alive. :lol

Wanted to take a break from the game as the constant content updates were becoming overwhelming (+ salt generated from Mushin's rage), as well as wanting most of the player base getting their Naryu Lab pieces so I wouldn't have to deal with the crazy bidding wars. Will probably get back on either later this week or weekend. Want to try to get some time in before DOAX3 drops. :p

I cancelled the DOAX3 Saikyou edition preorder I had. No moneis ;-;

Paprikka

Thank you. I have a lot of soups and I didn't know about the hammer at that stage. Now i have to get 4 ;/

I'll do exactly that. Fastest should be Warlock, right?

At this point I would just wait on hammers, as one of the upgrades at 50 will naturally unlock the fourth gem slot and most of the good gems to put in that slot are crazy expensive/not available anymore.

At this point I would just wait on hammers, as one of the upgrades at 50 will naturally unlock the fourth gem slot and most of the good gems to put in that slot are crazy expensive/not available anymore.

That's one way to go about it, at 50 I think max sockets go up to 6, so we're probably getting 4 for free, although I don't know for sure. Also a good point that gems currently are in a state where you literally only need 2, an AP diamond obviously and an amethyst for some healing, the rest is minor stuff. Rubies don't proc near enough to be worth spending a ton of gold on a "good" one that only adds like 300dmg on you 6-10k hits anyway, and 4th gem is literally garbage regardless of what you pick, other than if you do world pvp with a CC heavy class so you benefit from the dmg on CC citrine.

As for fastest, any class is fast if you have +25AP, but ranged classes are faster probably. FM, Summoner or WL would be very fast. WL is all about grouping a bunch of stuff then one shotting it, summoner is roughly the same concept but more failproof with cat taunt and FM is all about single target instant killing everything while running through stuff.

NeOak

Yeah, I should have done the Valentine's event gem. meh.

That's one way to go about it, at 50 I think max sockets go up to 6, so we're probably getting 4 for free, although I don't know for sure. Also a good point that gems currently are in a state where you literally only need 2, an AP diamond obviously and an amethyst for some healing, the rest is minor stuff. Rubies don't proc near enough to be worth spending a ton of gold on a "good" one that only adds like 300dmg on you 6-10k hits anyway, and 4th gem is literally garbage regardless of what you pick, other than if you do world pvp with a CC heavy class so you benefit from the dmg on CC citrine.

As for fastest, any class is fast if you have +25AP, but ranged classes are faster probably. FM, Summoner or WL would be very fast. WL is all about grouping a bunch of stuff then one shotting it, summoner is roughly the same concept but more failproof with cat taunt and FM is all about single target instant killing everything while running through stuff.

Hmm. I see. Alright, i'll see what to make and write here.

Ken

i wish i could move my valentine gem to my warlock zzz

i guess it's not even possible for a warlock to get the gem since it and the roses were bind on acquire + expired before warlock

Ruff

I haven't hit 45 yet only 42, but i went to the Nightshade harbour place... there's no NPC's anywhere even at the wheels and most of the paths lead into invisible walls there? The place feels unfinished... yet i heard there's a dungeon here?

I haven't hit 45 yet only 42, but i went to the Nightshade harbour place... there's no NPC's anywhere even at the wheels and most of the paths lead into invisible walls there? The place feels unfinished... yet i heard there's a dungeon here?

I think if you haven't completed the right story quest that takes you there, you enter an instance of the zone that's empty, you can't unlock the teleport either. You have to go there after you do a series of quest that takes you there where you encounter Junghado for the first time and stuff. It's a bit weird.

At 43 you also receive a letter of invitation for that place so you can go at that point and get the quests in there, they give a ton of xp, although they're pretty hard to solo if your class isn't ranged(and even then), before you get a decent bit of hp. I'd highly recommend buying a few profane essences and rolling the wheel in the necropolis to get a full profane soulshield set, gives about 17-18k hp which lets you at least not die in one hit to boss aoes.

Ken

Does Warlock's Wingstorm stack? Like, can I have 2 Wingstorms shooting off at the same time?

Also patch preorder bonus get

Untitled_zpsers9gb8w.png

Does Warlock's Wingstorm stack? Like, can I have 2 Wingstorms shooting off at the same time?

Also patch preorder bonus get

Untitled_zpsers9gb8w.png

Wingstorm doesn't stack no, it seems only one can be active at a time. So I guess if you Time warp you want to stagger them a decent bit to extend uptime, although that's more of a pvp thing. If you activate before leeching, wait until it's over to recast.

Love logging in to check my crafting stuff at the time it's supposed to be done to notice I actually didn't start crafting last time cause I forgot something when I was logging inbetween chars. Oh well.

Top Bottom