• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

I'm still having major performance issues.
My big one is that it is difficult to get around the AA. It hurts my eyes, and because I play on a 60-inch TV at 1080p it is extra noticeable.
So I have been trying to find ways to get these results with Nvidia Inspector:

e9iEyDE.jpg

But so far I have not been able to get it to work. It annoys me. A lot. The in-game Aliasing is completely useless. As is it in the Geforce Control Panel.
I think I might try Reshade next and see if I can get it working!
My other issue (been trying to fix it all day) is the random frame drops. It reminds me of micro stutters from when I had SLI. Currently I only have a 970, and I'll run around with 100-120 FPS.
But then it's like, with 10-15 seconds interval it'll do a dip to 40 or 50, but it feels like the game freezes for like half a second.

And googling this issue is a nightmare. Across all the different versions, betas and alphas in different version from 2012 to 2016 it is very hard to find the core issue. Tons of videos and remedies that work for different people, but I have not been able to fix it.
I just think its madness that such a popular title from 2012 is boggled by so many of these things. The game is a lot more enjoyable when it plays smooth.:I

That sucks to hear but I kind of saw that when hardly anyone was online the brief times I was on.

Ultimately BnS couldn't hold my interest as well as Tera did, I was addicted to that game played from 2nd closed beta til a couple of months after it went f2p. I only left after seeing the grimey direction the cash shop was heading.

I guess one positive is I now have more time to work on the backlog lol.

yaffi

I'm still having major performance issues.
My big one is that it is difficult to get around the AA. It hurts my eyes, and because I play on a 60-inch TV at 1080p it is extra noticeable.
So I have been trying to find ways to get these results with Nvidia Inspector

Inject AA through Reshade. It works flawlessly.

ShinMaruku

Shin and Burton ditched BnS. At least Shin logs in sometimes? Burton is MIA: First he was in Fire Emblem Fates, then Senran Kagura and now DOAX3.

Can't blame them, this is classic GAF behavior. Game for a month then move on.

By then, it might be too late.
I was having some performance issues so the break is ok. I think this is classic mmo behavior more than just gaf where many people just flow from game to game then complain when the games don't last. I have not abandoned Bewb and Soul, I am just playing dfo and pso2 a bit more. :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm on a lot but I've made a bunch of alts trying to find a class I love. Since we didn't do alts in the guild, I obviously couldn't be "on."

In many ways, the game is still "incomplete" since we're still behind everyone else. So, I kind of figure that there is no real rush. Once we are on par, I figure things will settle and get into a nice routine.

The game is still alive and well in KR right?

cHinzo

I'm still playing! :D It's just that some of the new content is really anoying, since my laptop can't handle the amount of players. Getting 11 FPS at Soulstone Plain and as a BM it's almost impossible to stay alive or do my quests. Already playing with everything on the lowest settings. >_>

Paprikka

I don't think I'm cut out for the Soulstone Plains. Died twice at about 30-40 prestige because I didn't know what the bosses were capable of. Died at about 60 cause I pulled agro on the terror type boss and he gripped me in and killed me. Wasted a charm because I didn't know the buff is lost when you swap channels.

And finally I hit about 80 something prestige before the final boss came out, and then I get gripped by a hacker that tries warping away with me. I break free, but his interference meant I only earned enough prestige to put me at exactly 99. Then while running about trying to find something to give me just one point, he warps up to me with a grenade launcher and kills me.

Honestly not even mad about the earlier stuff because I was still learning, but losing that much because of a hacker sucks.

Fuz

Banned
I don't think I'm cut out for the Soulstone Plains. Died twice at about 30-40 prestige because I didn't know what the bosses were capable of. Died at about 60 cause I pulled agro on the terror type boss and he gripped me in and killed me. Wasted a charm because I didn't know the buff is lost when you swap channels.

And finally I hit about 80 something prestige before the final boss came out, and then I get gripped by a hacker that tries warping away with me. I break free, but his interference meant I only earned enough prestige to put me at exactly 99. Then while running about trying to find something to give me just one point, he warps up to me with a grenade launcher and kills me.

Honestly not even mad about the earlier stuff because I was still learning, but losing that much because of a hacker sucks.

The 50 patch is a major clusterfuck.

Also, if you were at 99 you're probably a ranged (am I right?). Be glad you're not a melee.

Inject AA through Reshade. It works flawlessly.

Thanks mate. Wow this program has changed a lot. I'm looking at the presets and the best I have seen so far is Adaptive Sharpening. But it oversharpens the images. Contours become too exposed.

I do think its better because my eyes aren't hurting as much. I feel I want to squint when I watch my characters hair with each string having all those individual jaggies.

Ca you tell me which AA you have used? I tried to presets that are build in for all games, that have FXAA and SMAA but I am not sure I saw much of a difference.
I tried playing with other filters. Vibrance actually decreased the jaggies. I am not sure why.

I also can't pinpoint if there are any of the in-game graphic settings that are making it worse. I've disabled the in game Bloom. There also seems to be something wonky going on with the lighting. :I

yaffi

All I did was deactivating any AA in the game and injecting SMAA. I also deactivated stuff like motion blur.

Here are the settings, though I didn't change much at all:

It's still not perfect, but I usually don't like tampering with stuff like that.

edit: Here's a close-up of my character; looks good enough I guess.

cHinzo

Fck has someone in here killed Dokumo in 1min30sec? I need achievement points, but can't seem to do this one in time. >.>

Paprikka

The 50 patch is a major clusterfuck.

Also, if you were at 99 you're probably a ranged (am I right?). Be glad you're not a melee.

Yeah, and I definitely feel worse for melee trying this. It makes Blackwyrm seem pretty nice in comparison. All frontal attacks, an easily predictable aoe with a good tank, and you could get back in the action easy enough without losing anything if you die.

And for those that haven't seen yet, the achievement vendor is in now.

uzo4FbV.png

Scrolling down there's some outfits, but as a female lyn the only one I can wear makes me look 9 months pregnant.

Fck has someone in here killed Dokumo in 1min30sec? I need achievement points, but can't seem to do this one in time. >.>

I haven't but there's been a few threads about it on other sites. The key seems to be making sure you have a flamethrower ready to destroy the eggs immediately as they spawn, which causes her to skip spitting poison and come back down quicker.

You can read more here.

tatsuki

Paprikka said:
Scrolling down there's some outfits, but as a female lyn the only one I can wear makes me look 9 months pregnant.

Fragrance of Life isn't that bad on female lyn. I just picked it up for my female lyn. I wasn't expecting it to be only 10g. I guess the 3hq fabric could bring up the price though.

They also seemed to stealth fix some of the newer outfits not being able to work with stamps. I'm able to now send my other characters White Hot, Dreamcutter & Devotion.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Shin and Burton ditched BnS. At least Shin logs in sometimes? Burton is MIA: First he was in Fire Emblem Fates, then Senran Kagura and now DOAX3.

Can't blame them, this is classic GAF behavior. Game for a month then move on.

I had mentioned earlier that I was gonna be out for a bit. I honestly thought you dipped out to BDO, but if you're planning on staying I'll give you my position so you and BBoy can run it.

Edit: Going back to work, will get caught up on this later.

Paprikka

Fragrance of Life isn't that bad on female lyn. I just picked it up for my female lyn. I wasn't expecting it to be only 10g. I guess the 3hq fabric could bring up the price though.

They also seemed to stealth fix some of the newer outfits not being able to work with stamps. I'm able to now send my other characters White Hot, Dreamcutter & Devotion.

Ah yeah, didn't look close enough, was just looking at the gourd one. Guess we couldn't let male lyn have all the fun.

cHinzo

I haven't but there's been a few threads about it on other sites. The key seems to be making sure you have a flamethrower ready to destroy the eggs immediately as they spawn, which causes her to skip spitting poison and come back down quicker.

You can read more here.

Grabbing it didn't seem to work and immediately popping the eggs did skip the poison spitting part, but even though we skipped it during all 3 of the stages where Dokumo jumped up, we still couldn't get it in time somehow. Our damage was fine though, but it just took too long to wait for Dokumo to get down. :\

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Whats up guys I'm going to be doing a massive purge of probably kicking out 10 to 20 members,..... JK JK lol, but I came here to let you guys know we going to be doing clan outfits soon as in tomorrow. Let me know if you guys got any ideas

Kintaro

Whats up guys I'm going to be doing a massive purge of probably kicking out 10 to 20 members,..... JK JK lol, but I came here to let you guys know we going to be doing clan outfits soon as in tomorrow. Let me know if you guys got any ideas

Really? Did we get a nice influx of mats to rank up? I know I haven't been on the BD lately because of alt fun, but when I popped on last, the rank was the same. I wanted to donate more stones but wasn't sure if they would matter. =x

Paprikka

Really? Did we get a nice influx of mats to rank up? I know I haven't been on the BD lately because of alt fun, but when I popped on last, the rank was the same. I wanted to donate more stones but wasn't sure if they would matter. =x

The outfit itself is only rank 5, its the head and face parts that take a higher rank to make.

Kintaro

The outfit itself is only rank 5, its the head and face parts that take a higher rank to make.

Ohhh okay. Cool!

Edit: You know, I apologize to the clan. I really do love this game and want to see the clan grow and succeed, but I never felt comfortable on Blade Dancer and wanted to see if other classes fit me better, so I went on an alt spree. Considering the limited spots in the clan, I didn't ask to be added because I didn't want to take up a spot. I'm currently leveling an Assassin a man that class is cool, but I'm really pinning my hopes on Chi Fighter.

In short, sorry. =/

NeOak

I had mentioned earlier that I was gonna be out for a bit. I honestly thought you dipped out to BDO, but if you're planning on staying I'll give you my position so you and BBoy can run it.

Edit: Going back to work, will get caught up on this later.

Not me man. BBoy. He's on way more than any of us.

Ohhh okay. Cool!

Edit: You know, I apologize to the clan. I really do love this game and want to see the clan grow and succeed, but I never felt comfortable on Blade Dancer and wanted to see if other classes fit me better, so I went on an alt spree. Considering the limited spots in the clan, I didn't ask to be added because I didn't want to take up a spot. I'm currently leveling an Assassin a man that class is cool, but I'm really pinning my hopes on Chi Fighter.

In short, sorry. =/

With the amount of inactives, I think we have space

Something that looks good on Jin. Tbh, I would vote for something that is similar to the basic Cerulean uniform on Jins :(

Or the Blue dress that is cash shop.

yaffi

Oh, since the EU clan ist dead I can't craft the Hongmoon Pellet for the achievement that unlocks the LMB skill. Meh.

tatsuki

I think I have an alt lvling problem >.< I just started a Force Master the other day and am at lvl 32 right now. After having just lvled a Summoner to lvl 50, early force master lvling was slightly annoying at times. Did I miss something? Is the only thing you have to protect yourself through early lvling Frost Sheath? You don't get Divine Veil until lvl 34 or your tab until lvl 36. I felt like the class was a bit slow at the start but I'm enjoying it now in the later levels.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
stuck in overflow gaf guild at moment on mushin can someone invite me over to main clan :p

Angel Chay

online now

Kintaro

BTW if anyone on Mushin needs to get in contact, just add Darshiro to friends. \o/ (unlikely but hey! =P)

Btw since we started crafting our stuff, you really want to make sure you check the cost of every materials and stuff you put in the design. A lot are stupidly expensive, or only available from the cash shop. On top of that you will need some NCoins to buy some of the items cause the vendor is in a future patch we don't have yet, and a lot of gold/soulstones/mirage crystals.

NeOak

What we need is to get more people in the guild first, that way we can get the mats and cost more easy.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Btw since we started crafting our stuff, you really want to make sure you check the cost of every materials and stuff you put in the design. A lot are stupidly expensive, or only available from the cash shop. On top of that you will need some NCoins to buy some of the items cause the vendor is in a future patch we don't have yet, and a lot of gold/soulstones/mirage crystals.

oh i did when making the first design. which is up. I can't wait for future patches and hopefully clan rank can get higher so can use more stuff too.

Top Bottom