• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Manac0r

Like a fool I deleted the NC launcher from Programs directory. Without properly uninstalling..

Now I cant reinstall the launcher - says I already have a copy installed.

Tried CC cleaner to fix up registry.. went through regedit to delete any reference to NCWEST.

Rebooted several times... Cant get it to install again... there is no option under control panel for NCWEST... or launcher...

Manac0r

Panic over .. I literally had to search for the entire Key string and flush out and references in regedit, of which there was a few.

Moral: Always uninstall through the right channels..

Veggy

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones that didn't have to wait in a queue to get in

Playing on EU server Windrest, character name Rachnera. Pretty fun so far

Eridani

Apart from the queues, how has the lag been so far? I'm really looking forward to playing this on the 19th, but from past experiences MMOs tend to be rather unplayable right after launch. Wildstar, for example, took weeks to fix the lag after the FTP launch and I'm really hoping this won't be the case here.

No. There are apparently no plans for server transfers either. People who splintered off from Mushin to other servers will have to create and re-level characters on Mushin if they want to rejoin GAF after the initial launch rush.

My hongmoon sword is stuck at level 10. I'm lvl18 now and I don't know where to this blight sword for transformation is.

Upgrading hongmoon stuff might be a little weird, but I'm just glad I don't have to worry about wearing any mismatching armor throughout the game. Other mmos need to do something about that.

Can you buy it off the market place?

I guess I'll have to if I don't figure it out soon. Money seems kind of slow to get. I only have 6 silver right now.

Hubb

No. There are apparently no plans for server transfers either. People who splintered off from Mushin to other servers will have to create and re-level characters on Mushin if they want to rejoin GAF after the initial launch rush.

Sooner or later they'll add it, it is money on the table I don't think they want to just leave. How long it'll take them, and if you'll be able to transfer to the highest populated server is another question. They probably don't want to say so now, because if they do in a weeks time people will be yelling for the option to transfer.

My hongmoon sword is stuck at level 10. I'm lvl18 now and I don't know where to this blight sword for transformation is.

Can you buy it off the market place?

FiraB

Banned
Blight gear is from the first purple dungeon, your hongmoon weapon will tell you where its upgrade piece is on the description.

Vex_

Banned
Just overall similarities to others mmo's.

Does this bring anything new to the table?

ahh I see. Yes, its combat for one. Nothing quite like it. And it currently has the most robust character creator released thus far in a NA MMO to date. PvP is great due to combat being timing based/skill based at high levels.

Everything else is run of the mill for any mmo. Go here, kill this. Factions are neat though.

Zand

Neo Member
For those who rolled on Poharan, I joined a decent guild called "Pure", we only have around 20 people at the moment, we went Blue faction as well. If you want to hang out with us while Mushin stabilizes over the next week or so, feel free to send me a friend request:

IGN(s): Eshemi / Baam

Tabby

Just made a character on EU Winrest, Riya. I really want to play as a Blade Dancer and Summoner but I don't fancy playing as cat people.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It turns out that I was trying to play yesterday without any of the Founder's Pack stuff I paid for applied to my account.

Had no idea that you were supposed to apply the code, lol.

I made a new chat tab just for clan chat and it is the only thing I have enabled and filtered but I can't seem to get rid of that annoying repeating red message that says:

"If you purchased a Disciple or Master Pack and did not ..." etc.

Anyone know how to get rid of this? Oddly enough, it doesn't appear in any of my other tabs.

nikos

So is it worth paying for early access just to play today, or is Mushin slammed? I see there will be a character creation restriction placed on the server in four hours, so I'd have to get in before that.

Veggy

83 premium members waiting

72 minute wait

The fuck, I was only gone for a few hours and now this queue

Fmal

Banned
I think switching servers is kind of a waste of time. Queue times suck, but having a dead server after a month is even worse and splitting the community sucks. It's worth waiting to play on Mushin.

Veggy

Now its gone up to 199 mins, if its this bad for people who paid for the game wtf is gonna happen in a few days when its open to f2p public

Kitoro

I skipped every cutscene within seconds of them starting yesterday, and from 10am-6pm when I logged out, I never crashed or got booted. I wonder what exactly is causing the cutscene skipping bug for others.

Not excited about trying to log in this morning, haha.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Now its gone up to 199 mins, if its this bad for people who paid for the game wtf is gonna happen in a few days when its open to f2p public

You aren't in the Premium member Q. Once you get Premium membership the Q will actually drop.

Kitoro

Pretty sure even when Mushin us open for registration, new F2P players will see the queue time and choose a different server instead.

LowParry

I skipped every cutscene within seconds of them starting yesterday, and from 10am-6pm when I logged out, I never crashed or got booted. I wonder what exactly is causing the cutscene skipping bug for others.

Not excited about trying to log in this morning, haha.

Well there's 1232 waiting right now.

68 minutes.

Top Bottom