• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

solid mike

If I'm not from NA or Europe and the game has not officially released in my country, will I be able to play the game using the just released NA client?

Kitoro

If I'm not from NA or Europe and the game has not officially released in my country, will I be able to play the game using the just released NA client?

I believe so, but the game is very ping dependent, so if you're not going to be close to the NA servers in Texas, then the two least ping dependent classes are Force Master and Summoner, from what I've come to understand, so roll one of those.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I believe so, but the game is very ping dependent, so if you're not going to be close to the NA servers in Texas, then the two least ping dependent classes are Force Master and Summoner, from what I've come to understand, so roll one of those.

most games as an eu player its normally fine for me to play on us servers, end up with around 100ms, tera which has similair combat was ok for me,

would it be ok to play on us still or no ?

Ranmo

Caved in and bought the Initiate Pack.

Will probably try to get on tomorrow.

Sadly, without premium you might not be able to play much tomorrow. They havent implemented some type of afk kick so you have these massive log in queues going. I've been trying to play with a pal who got initiate pack and hes been in queue since 10 30 am PDT...

If you're not already in the NA Mushin Queue at this point, you should either wait until late at night to log in or just not even try today. I've been in Premium Queue for over 4 hours now and I still have an hour to go, according to the estimation.

Ranmo

If you're not already in the NA Mushin Queue at this point, you should either wait until late at night to log in or just not even try today. I've been in Premium Queue for over 4 hours now and I still have an hour to go, according to the estimation.

Jeez. Did anyone try logging in during the late hours last night? Was the queue any better? or was it a still a pain due to so many people just afk?

Jeez. Did anyone try logging in during the late hours last night? Was the queue any better? or was it a still a pain due to so many people just afk?

I logged out of my main and made a second character pretty late last night and the queue was significantly shorter (got in after a minute or so) as it said there were only like 14 people in line.

docbon

How are the queues on Old Man Cho looking? Thinking of rolling there when the game ends early access on the 19th.

Considering Poharen too, but it's an (e)RP server so I'm conflicted.

2350 in line and 194 minute wait, time to get some Dragon's Dogma going!

I think I'm just going to stick with Assassin for the next week or until queues ease up. I do want to try the Blade Dancer I made but since queues are so long, I should just stick with 1 class and get them leveled at a time instead of starting fresh.

They need to add a ton of server/channel space to Mushin.

As far as I know your premium doesn't go across different servers, so it's unlikely a lot of people are going to forgoe their Disciple/Master pack benefits.

Kitoro

They need to add a ton of server/channel space to Mushin.

As far as I know your premium doesn't go across different servers, so it's unlikely a lot of people are going to forgoe their Disciple/Master pack benefits.

Wait.. really? So if I made a character on a different server, I wouldn't have a premium membership attached to them? That sounds ridiculous...

Ranmo

Wait.. really? So if I made a character on a different server, I wouldn't have a premium membership attached to them? That sounds ridiculous...

I don't think that would be the case. Otherwise why would the char selection screen show the premium logo on the top right.

Would somebody with a character in a different server check up on this? You can see if you have the benefits in one of the corners of the UI when you log in, I believe.

In other news, estimated 10 minutes left until I'm in Mushin... lol

docbon

Yeah, I don't know what you guys were thinking. If Blade & Soul literally can't sustain more than one active server in a few months, then it's probably not a good game anyway.

Anywho, I heard the party finder for dungeons works across servers. Is there any group content that this doesn't work for?

I think some of the premium items you redeem are locked to one character, but I don't see why premium membership wouldn't be account wide.

Caim

Sadly, without premium you might not be able to play much tomorrow. They havent implemented some type of afk kick so you have these massive log in queues going. I've been trying to play with a pal who got initiate pack and hes been in queue since 10 30 am PDT...

I bought Premium via NX coins from the lobby shop but unfortunately it looks like Mushin is locked at the moment. I can't even create a character, but I was able to save the appearance data at least.

I remember reading that a while ago although I haven't tested it myself which is why I said "as far as I know". Considering I'm sitting in the queue right now I can't really do it myself.

Somewhere between 2 AM and 3 AM Pacific this morning, I had to relog and encountered a queue of 8 Premium members. I was amazed. I can't promise it will be so nice later though since I'm guessing most people have figured out there's no AFK auto-kick and will leave themselves logged in tonight.

FinKL

Somewhere between 2 AM and 3 AM Pacific this morning, I had to relog and encountered a queue of 8 Premium members. I was amazed. I can't promise it will be so nice later though since I'm guessing most people have figured out there's no AFK auto-kick and will leave themselves logged in tonight.

Hehe, I remember one of the first patches when FFXIV ARR launched was to kick idle people, otherwise, no one could get it. Abuse it while you still can, waiting until next week to check it out personally.

Hubb

I logged in at 5AM EST and there was no queue, people in chat weren't complaining about a queue until around 9AM.

FiraB

Banned
wow just pushed someone to 1gold for the old empire armor out of blackram narrows, better profit then most my market dealings :) The other party members were like freaking out at our bid off wondering how we had so much money but hey a 30 silver profit is amazing in my books until endgame dailies.

_woLf

Just got disconnected :( :( :(

Time to re-enter the queue...

edit: 2300 people in queue, 3 hour wait, GG

update: it's been 3 hours. My estimated wait time is still at 126 minutes.

This is fucking absurd. I don't mind queues but the fact that the time is not even remotely accurate is infuriating.

Hubb

update: it's been 3 hours. My estimated wait time is still at 126 minutes.

This is fucking absurd. I don't mind queues but the fact that the time is not even remotely accurate is infuriating.

It isn't accurate until you are much closer to getting in 20-15 minutes. Once it actually starts getting close it seems to be better.

Kitoro

Someone who understood that in a month, Mushin will still be a lively server.

I don't know... Considering it's already overloaded with people who mostly paid for the early access, I don't see many in the head start quitting anytime soon.

I fear Mushin will stay this way or worse until NCSoft offers an incentive program for server migration off of the server. I definitely hope I'm wrong...

Fmal

Banned
NCSoft is a crappy company but even they aren't completely stupid. We'll probably be getting an AFK timer soon, and if queues continue to be shitty they'll probably offer a free transfer or something.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
or the opposite happens, people who cant log in migrate to another server which then becomes the next mushin and that becomes the desert

NeOak

or the opposite happens, people who cant log in migrate to another server which then becomes the next mushin and that becomes the desert

What they have is this BS

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/147311-item-transfers-off-high-queue-servers/#comment-1479672

The response to Blade & Soul’s Head Start has been amazing, and we’re thankful to see so many players logging into and enjoying the game. As some of you may know, the servers Mushin (NA) and Windrest (EU) have very long queues, which can mean hours of waiting to log in and play. While other servers are nearing cap and have a healthy concurrency, they haven’t quite seen queues yet, and we’re highly encouraging players who are not committed to a particular server to recreate their characters elsewhere to avoid long wait times to log in to the game.

Many of you have expressed a desire to move off Mushin and Windrest, but have concerns about losing Founder’s Pack items and anything already purchased with NCoin. If you are on Mushin or Windrest and interested in starting on a new server, you can open a support ticket under Gameplay and we’ll be able to help you manually transfer your Founder’s Pack items to a new character.

These manual Founder’s Pack item and name transfers will do the following:
Transfer your Founder’s Pack items onto your new character.
Refund any NCoin spent on purchased items (except gifted items and Premium Membership, which is account-wide) so you may repurchase your items on the new character.
Rename your new character to be the same as your previous character.
Delete your Mushin/Windrest character that had your original Founder’s Pack and NCoin items.

The transfer will not copy over gained levels, non-Founder’s Pack gear/items, or any forms of character progression. If there are other items you would like to move on your characters, please do not start the request process until you are comfortable.

If you’d like to begin a manual item and name transfer process, please do the following:
Create a character on a non-locked server (see schedule here). You can safely begin leveling and playing your new character immediately.
Submit a request into Customer Support under the category "Gameplay" that you would like to transfer your character off Mushin/Windrest, provide your old character name and server, and the new character and server where the Founder’s Pack items and name will be transferred.

This is a one-time request for characters on Mushin/Windrest, and will only be offered until 9 PM PST, Friday, January 22. We’ll provide an update if this offer will be extended and when we’re no longer offering these manual Founder’s Pack and name transfers for Mushin/Windrest.

Please be aware that due to this being a manual process, it will take some time to receive and complete your request, and we appreciate your patience. While you wait you can level up your new character normally, and expect everything to be transferred as we take requests in the order in which they are received. You will receive an update on your ticket when the request has been completed.

As a reminder, Premium Membership and Titles are account-wide. Press the shortcut key U to see your titles.

Thank you again for your support, and we hope you enjoy your time in-game.

Fuck off NCSoft. One of my friends already moved thanks to this shit.

What they have is this BS

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/147311-item-transfers-off-high-queue-servers/#comment-1479672

Fuck off NCSoft. One of my friends already moved thanks to this shit.

So no word on expanding space? This seems like a poor attempt at getting people to switch.

God the music in BnS is so good.

The music is pretty good. There's one particular track that plays when
the Blackram attack the village after you find out about a traitor
that I really liked.

Hubb

I don't know... Considering it's already overloaded with people who mostly paid for the early access, I don't see many in the head start quitting anytime soon.

I fear Mushin will stay this way or worse until NCSoft offers an incentive program for server migration off of the server. I definitely hope I'm wrong...

Yeah, but even if it stays the way it is it wont have the same "rush" a release weekend would have. People won't be slamming the servers at the same time all day, eventually people will have to go to work/school/sleep. So even if it has the same active population it has today, any given time of the day won't be as bad as it is currently. There maybe a peak hour or two but even that won't have multiple hour long queues.

Brokun

Ok well lesson learned. When I finally get in at 3 am I am not logging off. Ever.

GncRTp.gif

Ok well lesson learned. When I finally get in at 3 am I am not logging off. Ever.

GncRTp.gif

The best plan is to enter the queue at the end of the night before you go to bed. When you wake up you should be logged into the game.

Stay logged in for the entire day, if you have to restart or something just do it at the end of the night, then enter the queue again before you go to bed for the night. This way you will always be ready to play.

If they decide to implement an auto-AFK system soon, find an object that you can put on one of your movement keys so you're always moving. Whether this works or not depends on whether whatever they implement is more complicated than just checking if you haven't pressed any keys for 30 minutes.

Top Bottom