• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

nataku

Well, I don't know what happened, but the game won't even load for me now. The launcher works, but when I hit play... nothing. It shrinks down to that little window that has Settings and File Repair, but the game doesn't load. I do see the client "Blade and Soul by bloodlust (32-bit)" in my task manager under background processes, but that's it.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Windows 10 update I just got or what. That's the only thing that has changed on my PC since a couple hours ago.

Well, that and the BnS client did a little update. No idea for what, though.

EDIT: Guess it's the patch the game downloaded.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41bsjh/client_suddenly_will_not_open/

Ibuki

Banned
Well, I don't know what happened, but the game won't even load for me now. The launcher works, but when I hit play... nothing. It shrinks down to that little window that has Settings and File Repair, but the game doesn't load. I do see the client "Blade and Soul by bloodlust (32-bit)" in my task manager under background processes, but that's it.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Windows 10 update I just got or what. That's the only thing that has changed on my PC since a couple hours ago.

Well, that and the BnS client did a little update. No idea for what, though.

I am having the same problem, even though the client was working fine a few hours ago.

nataku

From reading the reddit thread it's an issue with Windows 10 and 8 since the client update. There's a few people reporting it's working just fine on Windows 7.

Quonny

Apparently you can mail account-bound items to characters on other servers as long as they are not bound to your character.

Sweet. Gonna roll on a low pop server this week, play the game, then once the servers die down transfer stuff to a new character on Mushin. Sure I'll have to level again, but who cares. The leveling in this game seems really quick. Won't be able to transfer everything, obviously, but still it'll give me a leg up should I stick with the game.

Nice to have a plan and one that will avoid these queues.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
How do you send out an update and not make sure it actually launches your game? =P

I kid. =P

Bought Jae the game btw.

Hubb

Guess I am not logging out tonight then. Usually I do, but I don't have confidence that NCsoft will have it up by the morning.

Ranmo

I seem to be 4 levels ahead of my main quest. I've done every side quest so far.

Yeah I noticed that, and because of that my leveling seemed to slow down. I just started to skip side quests until I catch up for more appropriate side quests.

K.Sabot

Game is not opening after I updated.

Though I did move my entire game files to a new drive, something must have been lost in translation.

K.Sabot

Sigh I see what's ups with them breaking their own game now.

I had to shut it off because this game also has memory leak issues and my 8 gigs of ram was almost used up after keeping it on forever...

fuggin rip

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Launch seems...spotty from you guys. It came out in a terrible time for me with Dragons Dogma and then XCOM 2 in 2 weeks, but its bumming me out it hasn't been a smooth launch.

DrBo42

How is a company dumb enough not to have a system in place to boot AFK users? That's like MMO 101 shit. Fuck sake.

_woLf

Launch seems...spotty from you guys. It came out in a terrible time for me with Dragons Dogma and then XCOM 2 in 2 weeks, but its bumming me out it hasn't been a smooth launch.

It's frustrating because the game is a ton of fun, too.

How is a company dumb enough not to have a system in place to boot AFK users? That's like MMO 101 shit. Fuck sake.

Honestly, having an AFK boot system seems almost as painful. The queues would not be any shorter.

_woLf

How do you figure that?

Not everyone can play for extended periods of time but they want to play the game. Overall queue times would be reduced, but I imagine they'd not get much better during peak hours.

I guess it could reduce queue times outside of peak hours, but the overall number of people queued would go up.

Also, a lot of MMOs don't have AFK timers. FFXIV removed theirs a few weeks after launch, for example. What they needed to do was restrict character creation on the servers dynamically from the start.

DrBo42

Not everyone can play for extended periods of time but they want to play the game. Overall queue times would be reduced, but I imagine they'd not get much better during peak hours.

I guess it could reduce queue times outside of peak hours, but the overall number of people queued would go up.

Also, a lot of MMOs don't have AFK timers. FFXIV removed theirs a few weeks after launch, for example. What they needed to do was restrict character creation on the servers dynamically from the start.

People are staying logged into the game and going to sleep overnight because they don't want to sit in queue again tomorrow for hours. I don't understand how that has anything to do with people playing for extended periods of time. Has absolutely nothing to do with peak hours either.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
so...as someone who played FFXIV for a looong time ( since beta for 1.0 in 2010)

is someone playing this who has experience with FFXIV and can give me a comparison and if it's worth it to pay the 25€ to play something new?
for example I did not like Tera at all.
I would really appreciate that :)

Chariot

Darkglimpse with an Assassin is some bullshit when the Shamans appear, because I can't use my Decoy without getting in high danger of landing inside the instakill mist. Furthermore, I got to leave the cave entirely when I fail and sit through all of the process again. I hate that cave.

K.Sabot

so...as someone who played FFXIV for a looong time ( since beta for 1.0 in 2010)

is someone playing this who has experience with FFXIV and can give me a comparison and if it's worth it to pay the 25€ to play something new?

I would really appreciate that :)

Heyooo I've played 1.0 since ARR launch and I'm enjoying my time with BnS immensely.

The game is F2P and opens up for free in 2 days, what you're buying for $25 in the founder pack is basically jack shit at this point unless you wanna play RIGHT NOW.

The game is super focused on its combat system, to the point that the crafting is almost completely automated where you just order stuff with materials in your inventory and they get made and delivered a certain time later.

The combat is the deepest combat system in an MMO from a design standpoint ( still stand by Dragon Nest having deeper combat mechanically personally). The tutorials more or less explain the complexities, of which there is a lot more than Tera.

I abandoned the quest that unlocks my C key skill (BM shoulder charge). I can't find the quest on the map anymore. Am I screwed?

One super good thing about being on Mushin: no gold sellers. Apparently on the less full servers, they are already rampant. On our server, due to it being perpetually full and having multiple-hours queues, we are 100% gold seller free and it feels good man.

Just got to the desert. I wish the level designs looked as good as the characters. This is something tera does pretty well I think. I don't see any sky whale here.

syoaran

Anyone on the GAF EU guild able to invite to Clan? [or is there even a guild?]. Checked OP and made my toon my Windrest with another GAFer.

Anyone able to help?

ingame name is Nomujoa

Top Bottom