• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

This is my achievement for the night, I soloed Blackram Narrows. Took me 40 minutes for the whole run (from 4:30 to 5:10 am) because learning the mechanics and what not to avoid getting force choked to death. I can't stress how much I love the mechanics of this game. Assassin has a lot of ways to avoid getting hit and iframes on backstep + shadow slip combo prevented me from being instagibbed. It's like Dark Souls or Monster Hunter where you learn the boss pattern and try to beat it without messing up. Granted, everyone knows it is smart and efficient to just party since they can break you out of force chokes and what not, I think people who like a challenge should give it a try.

k7IWS8r.jpg

After 2 days of unable to play the game due to an error, I decided to uninstall it, and re-download it. Finally got it working.

I then created my character...then got a queue that went from 150min to 538minutes.

2+ hours wait to play???

:ragegif:

DrBo42

After 2 days of unable to play the game due to an error, I decided to uninstall it, and re-download it. Finally got it working.

I then created my character...then got a queue that went from 150min to 538minutes.

2+ hours wait to play???

:ragegif:

I'm in a 6 hour queue so far. And now the amount of people in line before me has gone UP.

I decided to make another character on Iksanun, and got in straight away. Pretty sure it's a dead server though. I haven't seen anyone..and chat is chock full of nothing but gold spam lol

Is it possible to play this game using a controller?

DrBo42

And then horror rolled over my face when I realized you have to go to the website and apply the code, you're not premium automatically. FML. FMLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Tabby

And then horror rolled over my face when I realized you have to go to the website and apply the code, you're not premium automatically. FML. FMLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I think you might be getting that mixed up? I bought premium and It applied automatically, you might be on about Founders Pack.

DrBo42

I think you might be getting that mixed up? I bought premium and It applied automatically, you might be on about Founders Pack.

Yeah I had the 2nd pack but the premium from the mid tier pack doesn't apply unless you apply the code. Buying premium from the store with NCoins from the client applies instantly probably.

Randy

Visually this really looks similar to TERA, even some environments look quite the same. Is this a coincidence or...?

vehn

anyone know how to get the gamepad support to work? I have it plugged in but the "gamepad" tab is greyed out

Visually this really looks similar to TERA, even some environments look quite the same. Is this a coincidence or...?

Both korean, plays similarly, both in a playable state in 2012. Environments don't look as good as tera's though. And the variety seems just about on par as every other mmo. Plains, forest, desert, corrupted land, etc.

Wulv

Neo Member
anyone know how to get the gamepad support to work? I have it plugged in but the "gamepad" tab is greyed out

In the general settings tab there is a box to check for gamepad use. Then the gamepad tab will open.

Oldsql

Like in every other Mmo I can´t decide what class to play. I always end up with all classes leveled up but undergeared :(

We are currently looking into alternative ways to help alleviate some of the long queue times such as implementing an AFK feature to Blade & Soul. We'll be sure to keep you guys posted as soon as we have solidified all of the details.

Hopefully before the real launch. Launching without a AFK timer is ridiculous.

Looks like the queue nightmare is still alive.

AFK'd again last night and thankfully had no internet hiccups. It was more of a test since I also had FFXIV running overnight as well.

Ultimadrago

All I want is a Lyn Destroyer who swings a giant ass hellebarde with magic.

I wanted a Lyn Destroyer at first (coming off of Elin Destroyer in TERA), but after CBT I'm having more fun playing Blade Dancer than I ever did swinging an axe for hours in TERA.

(That said, I would have immediately went for it were available it at first.)

Kitoro

Ugh.. My time with B&S this weekend has been so bittersweet. I love my female Destroyer so much; possibly my favorite MMO character I've had. My F2P friends are starting on the 19th, and I know I'm going to have to take a long break from her and roll an alt on a different server so they can actually get on.

I planned for my first alt to be Summoner, and even made one already during the reservation period withva name and look I like, but he's already on Mushin.

Maybe I'll just go for Blade Dancer, since it'll likely feel most like Destroyer, mechanically.

Anyone else here with an alt on a different server? If so, which one? I'm assuming Poharan and Jiwan are now starting to develop handsome queues already, so it's probably best I go even lower?

Thanks!

This is my achievement for the night, I soloed Blackram Narrows. Took me 40 minutes for the whole run (from 4:30 to 5:10 am) because learning the mechanics and what not to avoid getting force choked to death. I can't stress how much I love the mechanics of this game. Assassin has a lot of ways to avoid getting hit and iframes on backstep + shadow slip combo prevented me from being instagibbed. It's like Dark Souls or Monster Hunter where you learn the boss pattern and try to beat it without messing up. Granted, everyone knows it is smart and efficient to just party since they can break you out of force chokes and what not, I think people who like a challenge should give it a try.
My friends and I must be terrible at this game. We couldn't beat him with a party of 3 (playing the 6-man version). I don't think we coordinate our skills, and we just got overwhelmed by the constantly spawning mobs around him.

I shouldn't of logged out last night but I always want to turn my pc off at night at least. Guess I won't be playing until the football games are over.

arimanius

Wow I'm trying out all the classes and usually it doesn't take long (6 mins) to delete a guy. Today it's going to take 7 days to delete one of my guys. :|

Skulldead

It kinda sucks that a lot of people who paid money to play early are having a hard time, you know, actually playing early.

Almost every Successfull MMORPG have this problem, and i always find it funny because nobody seem to learn from nobody...

Imagine at the official launch...

Chariot

It kinda sucks that a lot of people who paid money to play early are having a hard time, you know, actually playing early.
Actual launch will be chaos. Mothers won't know their children. friends won't know each other and dogs will lick their balls shortly before they're lick your face. It will be earth on earth. Up is down and down is left, right is left and left is BBQ.

Ranmo

I'm convinced for the next week after work I won't be able to play this game. I have to do video editing so I can't really leave the game on when I'm rendering so...

I'm convinced for the next week after work I won't be able to play this game. I have to do video editing so I can't really leave the game on when I'm rendering so...

Set the Background FPS to 5fps in the game's options and untick "client.exe" for Core0-2 in Task Manager so it only runs on one core. That way my Graphics Card doesn't even shift to 3D Mode when I have the game in the background.

Ranmo

Set the Background FPS to 5fps in the game's options and untick "client.exe" for Core0-2 in Task Manager so it only runs on one core. That way my Graphics Card doesn't even shift to 3D Mode when I have the game in the background.

Thanks for that info. I might try that. I feel like my game is running a bit worse then yesterday from leaving it on all night. Restart time loss isn't worth it though!

Kudo

I'm getting myself ready for Tuesday.

This is me on Tuesday night trying to get to Windrest:
8vfp52y.gif

Need to stack up some energy drinks..

Tabby

I'm getting myself ready for Tuesday.

This is me on Tuesday night trying to get to Windrest:
8vfp52y.gif

Need to stack up some energy drinks..

Same. I'm probably just going to give up on my main and play on an alt for a while until it dies down.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Hey guy I'm the adivisor for the guild I dont hard for me to check neogaf cause I'm streaming.. So if you want a invite it will help me a lot if you can put in twitch chat on my stream Twitch.tv/UGSLive

Top Bottom