• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, with queue times as they are, I have no idea when I'm going to get to play my main again. So much for head start. lol Cest la vie!

Brokun

just curious: When you all are saying the game is crashing, how exactly is it happening?

Is it just crashing to desktop? Is it crashing your computer? (requiring a full restart)

For me it was crashing to the desktop. There was no error number message, only an NCSoft error report window that I can send (and I did).

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
So to those who get a founder pack, what exactly am I missing with the founder promotion? I applied it via the ncsoft account zone, but I have nothing on my actual account. Did I miss a step?

Thanks

We had a 12 hours queue on the Chinese server back then, not sure what people expect from the global version.
It'll only get more packed up on official release day later. The non-premium players will leave the game as soon as they see the queue timer.

The hype is real.

It really is. I have never had this much fun farming a leveling dungeon in any MMO I've ever played. We were in Blackram Narrows for a total of 11 runs to get everyone their weapon upgrades and achievement and I don't think I was bored at all during the whole thing.

K.Sabot

Love when someone tries to bid you on your own weapon when you're the only of that class in the party.

I turtle them out, wait for the exact last second to bid up.

Finaika

We had a 12 hours queue on the Chinese server back then, not sure what people expect from the global version.
It'll only get more packed up on official release day later. The non-premium players will leave the game as soon as they see the queue timer.

The hype is real.

So its like Wildstar.

Hubb

I had no idea that Wildstar was that big on release. I thought it's only for the hardcores.

There are plenty of servers without the queue time, hopefully they go to those servers. Wildstar is a similar situation to this game. The popular servers were absolutely dogged and the others were fine. I should know, I was on a fine server.

ahdurian

mine literally just crashed when I was doing a quest in Everdusk....screen went all black/white static, and was like that for a good minute. had to hard boot my computer =/

Shoyz

Is there no secondary guild on a different server? With how bad the queues are for premium members, no way am I joining (if I even get the choice) Mushin on the F2P launch. Is there no backup server/guild for the leftovers? I personally much prefer playing MMOs on low-population/low-competition servers.

I hope I don't regret passing up on the Founders packs. I just can't see how I'll feel about this game 6 months from now to put in the $125. That, and I thought the outfits were ugly (and the weapon skin for KFM is AWFUL)
The biggest downside to F2P (that I can see) is the lack of Wardrobe access; but I figure I'll just buy the Santa outfit and wear only that. That, and queues..where are the non-Mushins going? Jiwan?

K.Sabot

f1SS28w.png
8ksgrAG.png

my life rn

Kintaro

Well, since I got booted, I started with my girlfriend on Soha and rolled a Lyn Sword Dancer.

I am part of the Lyn army now. =x The class is a blast!

Psyren

Okay so not too big. Since my internet connection runs at a whopping 2Mbps, i just wanted to gauge more or less how long i'd need to wait before i can start playing. Thanks again for the info.

Love when someone tries to bid you on your own weapon when you're the only of that class in the party.

I turtle them out, wait for the exact last second to bid up.

I had someone try to do that to me too, complete with taunting afterwards.

Anyway, I altered my character's appearance and I'm pretty happy with the changes so far (old pic is from beta).

A pretty good character creator overall, I made a Cloud and some others for fun just because it's flexible enough to allow for that (also helps that they actually put Cloud's haircut into the game too I guess).

yaffi

What are the working options to implement better AA now that the game is out?

The ingame AA is bad, but without it the aliasing is even worse. I read forcing fxaa through drivers also blurred the text.

Veggy

Had a pretty productive day yesterday, was lvl 7 when I logged in and lvl 23 when I logged out + upgraded all my hongmoon stuff a lot

The combat system is fun but the story kinda puts me to sleep, especially coming off something like FF14

Mawarup

Neo Member
Oh man that was the longest session I had with any mmo, due to the long que time that I was warned about. Got to 34 before I said quits and logged. Enjoy running Blackram with you folks getting our full Soul Shield set. I was the giant Gon.

kiryogi

Banned
Had a pretty productive day yesterday, was lvl 7 when I logged in and lvl 23 when I logged out + upgraded all my hongmoon stuff a lot

The combat system is fun but the story kinda puts me to sleep, especially coming off something like FF14

Kinda funny, I feel the opposite and found Blade and Soul's story far more engaging, not to mention better event instances.

Uthred

Kinda funny, I feel the opposite and found Blade and Soul's story far more engaging, not to mention better event instances.

Apparently the western B&S story has been "streamlined", foreshadowing removed, NPC's messsed up and so-on, so it might not be as engaging.

Chariot

Apparently the western B&S story has been "streamlined", foreshadowing removed, NPC's messsed up and so-on, so it might not be as engaging.
Yeah, the translation is subpar. And this goes even more for skills where I occasionally have to figure out with the internet what the hell I am looking at or have to look for.

Muddimar

Sooo anyone else having issues with accessing the Marketplace? Everytime I try to use it, it says "Temporarily Unavailable, please try again later". I have yet to use it because of this.

Edit: Anyone playing on Poharan? Feel free to add me... "Safire" - 25 Assassin

Kintaro

Trying to get a Lyn Blade Dancer on Mushin since I love the hell out of that class. 17 minute queue.

Edit: 8 min....11 min....9 min....12 min...

Top Bottom