• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Chariot

This is correct, they are on windrest and seem to be going crimson legion. Unsure if they ever made a gaf guild though.
If there is none, you could just join the one I made up with some friends.

edit: or we could join you. We didn't anything yet, since neither of us is at the point where we would shell out goldcoins.

Manac0r

Yeah there is an unorganised GAF presence on Windrest. Burning bright souls ready for a charismatic leader to unite and guide them to victory/costume of choice/PVP excellence. When the chosen one finally arrives, you have my blade...

Really need a guild.. So I can block general and fraction chat... Seriously what is wrong with people....

Kudo

How good value is the Founders Packs? If I buy the 60e how much the Ncoins would cost seperately bought alone?
I knew this would happen the last day before it goes f2p, the temptation is strong.

Kitoro

Is one better off to use a complete Soul Shield set from, say, level 10, or sub in some level 20 Blackram Narrows Soul Shields for now until I amass the full set?

Also, I require the breakthrough weapon from Blackram Narrows; I think I got it to drop, but it looks like it requires a special key, and may be a random drop? I recall hearing there was another key that makes it an automatic class drop? Or, because I should grind Blackram 9 more times, do I just keep opening them and hoping for the best? Thanks!

Is there any way to mail the founder's pack costumes to another character in your account? I want them on another character I have, but I don't want to delete my Mushin character since I still wanna try and play with you guys. I don't wanna have to place a support ticket.

Ranmo

Is one better off to use a complete Soul Shield set from, say, level 10, or sub in some level 20 Blackram Narrows Soul Shields for now until I amass the full set?

Also, I require the breakthrough weapon from Blackram Narrows; I think I got it to drop, but it looks like it requires a special key, and may be a random drop? I recall hearing there was another key that makes it an automatic class drop? Or, because I should grind Blackram 9 more times, do I just keep opening them and hoping for the best? Thanks!

The weapon can drop during the dungeon, or from the box that you get after each dungeon. You can buy a key from the cash store to ensure you get the weapon for your class. But I'd say just spam the dungeon since you get so many chances at the item.

I also farmed the shield set while I was there. Didn't take too long to get.

Dandte

Exams will be over in two days and After That i will Join the clash. Has gaf decided on a Server? Only read Somethig about the windrest server.

a few questions from an eager beaver:

anyone playing with a controller? how does it feel? are you limited in any way(besides typing)?
i cant find a benchmark anywhere. am i missing something on the main page or does it not exist?
best race for kung fu master? i want to go with the female only race, but im just looking to be the best build possible. GUIDE ME PLEASE!

Ranmo

Exams will be over in two days and After That i will Join the clash. Has gaf decided on a Server? Only read Somethig about the windrest server.

NA is Mushin - Cerulean Order, EU is Windrest - Crimson Legion . More detailed info is on top of the OP.

NeOak

How good value is the Founders Packs? If I buy the 60e how much the Ncoins would cost seperately bought alone?
I knew this would happen the last day before it goes f2p, the temptation is strong.

TBH, the best "value" is the Master Pack, gives way more NCoin and a higher benefit, along with 2 more months of premium. And the outfit is reaaaaaaaally nice.

I added 35 bucks and got a year sub with the $90 I got from the Master Pack.

mkenyon

Banned
Apparently the western B&S story has been "streamlined", foreshadowing removed, NPC's messsed up and so-on, so it might not be as engaging.
There's a story?

I treat the Quest NPCs as "F key simulators", and the cutscenes are "how quickly can you hit esc after it starts" tests.

:p

Chariot

I am sending friendrequest to Gaffers on Windrest. We might as well start gathering all people in my friend's guild and then move on if somebody has a better name than "Cacophonic Noise".

My character's name is "Madame Maddy", so don't be scared. If you didn't get a request, please post or pm me your characters name please.

Alrus

Going to try and play on the EU servers to see if lag is an issue or not. Usually I prefer to play on NA servers due to usually higher activity at the times I play but if the game is too sluggish I'll just go on Windrest I guess :/

Ranmo

Anyone know what time launch officially starts tonight/tomorrow? I'm thinking I'm going to do a last minute upgrade to the highest founder tier when I get home from work.

Loginius

a few questions from an eager beaver:

anyone playing with a controller? how does it feel? are you limited in any way(besides typing)?
i cant find a benchmark anywhere. am i missing something on the main page or does it not exist?
best race for kung fu master? i want to go with the female only race, but im just looking to be the best build possible. GUIDE ME PLEASE!
I used it for quite a bit and its ok.
There are some really fonky button layouts but you can change that, after that its only a few things that are a pain (hold stick to sprint, mouse cursor in menus that you direct with the stick) but playing a more complicated class (i play assassin) I felt a bit overwhelmed with the button combos you have to input for moves that have to be executed at 0,5s reaction time (lb+LT right after blocking with rb+x etc.). That said its certainly not a problem for PvE.

tariniel

Where can I read about things such as class balance in PvP and such? I'm tempted to try the game because I saw a 'tag' PvP mode while watching some streamers over the weekend that I'd like to try with a friend. I just have a history of picking underpowered classes in MMO's and I'd rather not ruin my time with the game by doing it again. I don't need to pick top tier really, but I want to avoid rock bottom tier. For example, my first instinct is to pick Destroyer. I have no idea how good it is but based on my history I assume it's not great.

Yeah, I mean, after the actual cutscene starts. It crashes if you hit Esc while the screen is still black. It's part of the minigame I play.

I fucking hate cutscenes though.

Just a note for the black screen. You can recover from that with out closing the game. If you get the black screen skipping a cutscene. Hit F8 that brings up the lobby screen behind the scenes and then hit "Y" to enter the lobby. That should recover you from the black screen.

I used it for quite a bit and its ok.
There are some really fonky button layouts but you can change that, after that its only a few things that are a pain (hold stick to sprint, mouse cursor in menus that you direct with the stick) but playing a more complicated class (i play assassin) I felt a bit overwhelmed with the button combos you have to input for moves that have to be executed at 0,5s reaction time (lb+LT right after blocking with rb+x etc.). That said its certainly not a problem for PvE.

awesome. thank you.

Anyway to download this, and any chance the game will be opening for everyone around midnight?

There is a big download button on the main website. Is it even worth it to get premium with the outrageous queues I keep hearing about? Are they implementing AFK? It seems it would be dumb to log off at this point with these multiple hour Queues on Mushin?

Chariot

May i have an invite in the Windrest guild? Name's Beatrice.
You'll be the first one besides me :D

Come on B&S EU GAF, gimme some names.

Anyway to download this, and any chance the game will be opening for everyone around midnight?
http://download.bladeandsoul.com/BnS_Lite_Installer.exe

There is a big download button on the main website. Is it even worth it to get premium with the outrageous queues I keep hearing about? Are they implementing AFK? It seems it would be dumb to log off at this point with these multiple hour Queues on Mushin?
Yes, Premium is the only way to play without being stuck in infinite queue. They work on implementing AFK. Yes, never log off and if you log off, log in a while before you actually want to play.

Sorian

Banned

I mean, premium is probably the only way to get in at this point. I imagine free players just won't be playing this week though I did pop in around 8am EST this morning and people were saying there was no queue on Mushin (people better than me because I haven't logged out since Friday).

Brokun

I think them implementing an afk logout system is a double edged sword. On one hand, the queues should move a lot faster. On the other hand, I won't be able to log on before I go to work or overnight to bypass the queues completely LOL.

Uthred

Dumb question, are the founders packs only available pre-launch i.e. for the next 9 hours? The master one looks like good value but on the other hand its a bit too much to plunk down on a game I havent played yet.

No, that is no problem. Just take a unpopular sever. Should be enough to just try it out.

I didn't honestly even think of that, oops! Want to be in the Gaf guild if I decide to sub, but I want to try it before since I have a habit of subbing to MMOs and deciding to stop playing quickly! Thanks.

Completely new player here that heard about this game about 2 hours ago. This game feels extremely overwhelming, but I want to give it a shot. Are there any "New player guides" or new player tips or anything like that? I haven't found much online thats really been helpful.

Also, whats the least played class right now that will have no trouble finding groups (if there are groups?) For example, how in Vanilla wow no one played warlocks or tanks.

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm working my way through this OT right now.

vehn

Im in the desert area and there is an npc on a tall rock. What do I have to do to jump real high and get up there?

Brokun

Dumb question, are the founders packs only available pre-launch i.e. for the next 9 hours? The master one looks like good value but on the other hand its a bit too much to plunk down on a game I havent played yet.

I think it says in their FAQ that they have no plans to continue the founders packs after launch. So if you're thinking of getting one, get it now.

Chariot

Completely new player here that heard about this game about 2 hours ago. This game feels extremely overwhelming, but I want to give it a shot. Are there any "New player guides" or new player tips or anything like that? I haven't found much online thats really been helpful.

Also, whats the least played class right now that will have no trouble finding groups (if there are groups?) For example, how in Vanilla wow no one played warlocks or tanks.

Sorry if this has been asked, I'm working my way through this OT right now.
No guide needed, the game explains the basics with quests, but this reddit thread can be pretty helpful, even for advanced players.

Also, your class doesn't really matter, everyone is dps anyway and you won't be thrown out for any class. Just pick what is fun to you.

Im in the desert area and there is an npc on a tall rock. What do I have to do to jump real high and get up there?
You gotta glide there from another rock you can access easier.
Just hit level 45! Woot!
Congratz!

Caineghis

Neo Member
If i read correctly the NA Gaf guild will be in Mushin Server - Cerulean order.

Another thing, i tried to use the Discord link in the op but it said that the invitation was expired, i think i will contact one of the 3 people at the op when in game.

Where can I read about things such as class balance in PvP and such? I'm tempted to try the game because I saw a 'tag' PvP mode while watching some streamers over the weekend that I'd like to try with a friend. I just have a history of picking underpowered classes in MMO's and I'd rather not ruin my time with the game by doing it again. I don't need to pick top tier really, but I want to avoid rock bottom tier. For example, my first instinct is to pick Destroyer. I have no idea how good it is but based on my history I assume it's not great.
If you're just going to play casually, I feel like any class is viable. Plus, with updates and patches, whatever class is strong today could be weaker tomorrow. I recommend just playing whatever you enjoy playing. I'm really bad at PvP. I have something like 6W and 18L. But it's fun playing Tag Team with friends, and I get beat no matter what class my opponent is.

Kitoro

Should I use my purple accessory drops from Blackram Narrows to level up my Hongmoon Jewelry? There's little reason to unlock and use the actual Blackram accessories, themselves, right?

Thanks!

Should I use my purple accessory drops from Blackram Narrows to level up my Hongmoon Jewelry? There's little reason to unlock and use the actual Blackram accessories, themselves, right?

Thanks!
From what I've seen and heard so far, yes, your Hongmoon items should be the only thing you upgrade. Just hold onto anything that says Breakthrough Material or Evolution Material in its description.

NeOak

Thanks!

You only need to unseal one when you have the hongmoon accesories at 10.

The rest, yeah, use them as fodder

Ryufujin

Neo Member
At work currently, hope there isn't a massive queue when I get back. I really don't want to regret my decision of logging off.

Brokun

At work currently, hope there isn't a massive queue when I get back. I really don't want to regret my decision of logging off.

Should have entered the queue before you left for work dude! Just turn off your monitor, your PC will be fine. Pro advice.

Top Bottom