• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Tabby

So for some reason it says target not found when I try to add you, but it worked with Beatrice when she was in my friendlist. Guess you gotta take my friend request first.

Maybe the target needs to be online first? I've got about 9 minutes left.

Ryufujin

Neo Member
Should have entered the queue before you left for work dude! Just turn off your monitor, your PC will be fine. Pro advice.

I just didn't want to leave it on for 9 hours! I'll probably leave it on though if the queues are going to be even more ridiculous when the game officially launches tonight.

Ranmo

How's the grinding in this game compared to FFXIV and TES:O?

Typical quests, active combat makes it more engaging. It honestly doesn't feel very grindy so that helps too.

Side Quest Exp is a lot beefier then they were originally designed to so I find myself skipping out on a lot of misc. quests due to experience slow down from over-leveling.

Ichabod

Banned
There's a story?

I treat the Quest NPCs as "F key simulators", and the cutscenes are "how quickly can you hit esc after it starts" tests.

:p

This so hard. The story is typical mmo schlock and the VA is really bad. Just point me in the direction of something that gives xp and drops purple stuffs kthx.

This so hard. The story is typical mmo schlock and the VA is really bad. Just point me in the direction of something that gives xp and drops purple stuffs kthx.

I have this feeling that some of the VA are just some people around the office. Some of the English VA really gives off that feeling.

Like the old guy in the Sandstone Refuge village. It sounds like a younger guy trying to do an old man voice.

While on the subject of Sandstone Refuge the music that plays there is pretty good.

Muddimar

How's the grinding in this game compared to FFXIV and TES:O?

One interesting part about dungeon running, is that the loot system is bid based. So if you have cash, and really want an item, you can bid on it. Now, this could work against you of course if you are partying with someone who is rich and needs the item. Anyway, point being, to get your soul shield pieces you will need to run the dungeons a few times to collect them all.

The regular quest grind really doesn't feel like a grind to me, and I really HATE grinding. I basically move along picking up all available quests, pick up dailies, complete them, move on to the next area. The combat is SO FUN I literally don't mind runnings/gliding around, completing quests.

One interesting part about dungeon running, is that the loot system is bid based. So if you have cash, and really want an item, you can bid on it. Now, this could work against you of course if you are partying with someone who is rich and needs the item.

That sounds AWFUL.

"Gold farmers are a huge problem in MMOs. What sort of gameplay mechanics can we introduce in Blade and Soul to protect legitimate gamers and discourage illegal gold purchases?"

Muddimar

That sounds AWFUL.

"Gold farmers are a huge problem in MMOs. What sort of gameplay mechanics can we introduce in Blade and Soul to protect legitimate gamers and discourage illegal gold purchases?"

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it is an option for dungeon looting, so I guess as party leader you can maybe change it? Can someone confirm this? I haven't had any issues so far.

_woLf

That sounds AWFUL.

Yeah I really don't like the system much either. I feel bad when I need an item and so does someone else in my party - i feel like in that scenario, going to a die roll is the fairest. Not who has the most money. :/ I think I'll only very rarely, if ever, pug big dungeons in this game because of the loot system.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it is an option for dungeon looting, so I guess as party leader you can maybe change it? Can someone confirm this? I haven't had any issues so far.

People can troll you by doing things like bidding on items they can't use in attempt to make you spend more than what should be needed.

This probably isn't an issue if you play with people who aren't trolls.

Muddimar

People can troll you by doing things like bidding on items they can't use in attempt to make you spend more than what should be needed.

This probably isn't an issue if you play with people who aren't trolls.

I've never been a party leader to see if this option can be changed. I don't really mind it now, because everyone (for the most part) has around the same amount of funds (I'm lv25). I'm sure later this would be a huge pain.

Sorian

Banned
That sounds AWFUL.

The money that you "buy" the item for also gets re-distributed out to the rest of the party equally though. Makes it a little more palatable IMO.

Muddimar

The money that you "buy" the item for also gets re-distributed out to the rest of the party equally though. Makes it a little more palatable IMO.

I did not know that! Some of those fools were buying early game soul shield pieces for 2 silver LOL. Thanks Pals.

K.Sabot

It's great because you become instantly rich when a costume pops up.

They literally put their entire purse of money to in to get it and everyone gets like 15 silver.

Sorian

Banned
I did not know that! Some of those fools were buying early game soul shield pieces for 2 silver LOL. Thanks Pals.

Yup, just make sure to hang around while bidding is going on, if you move into the next area (through the little instance shield thing) the bidding window will disappear because you've been removed from that item roll. If you aren't involved anymore than no money for you. You can still pass, of course, that'll speed things up.

This also explains the trolling that some people do to increase the bidding number. Odds are they are playing a game of chicken to get more money out of someone else.

Sorian

Banned
Do you have to go all the way back to Jadestone to learn a new profession?

Jadestone is the first city that has all of the guilds in one area but each village/city you go from there will have a mix of a smaller selection of the guilds. Each big area (viridian being the first, cinderlands being the second, etc.) will have one city that has everything in one area again. Jadestone being that city for the first area.

I'm gonna try hard today to log into Mushin so I can transfer my costumes to another character I have. I wont delete my character, but I will look into the whole costume thing since the Founder's Pack FAQ states that the costumes can be shared between your characters.

Hopefully I got an invite to the GAF clan.

At level 21 now was getting my ass handed to at level 19 and 20 until I decide to evolve my Hongmoon weapon, necklace, earring and ring. Now it's pretty smooth again

mkenyon

Banned
That sounds AWFUL.

You are leaving out the point that what the person pays on the bid is then distributed to the rest of the party. They pay *you* for the loot.
Is there a secnodary US server, so I dont just randomly pick the one with the coolest name tomorrow?
Rolling with my alt and F2P friends on Soha. Feel free to join us! No queues!
Jiwan is the second most populated NA server. Poharan, TMK, is the "Unofficial" Brazilian server, which pushes the peak times on it a bit forward compared to NA.

I rolled on Jiwan. Good population, no queues.

Jadestone is the first city that has all of the guilds in one area but each village/city you go from there will have a mix of a smaller selection of the guilds. Each big area (viridian being the first, cinderlands being the second, etc.) will have one city that has everything in one area again. Jadestone being that city for the first area.

Thanks!

Just adding one stun to my Blade Dancer changes how I play him, it's crazy. I really need to give my skills a better read and pay attention to how I'm speccing him. I'm using the Golden Deva Soul Shield set right now. Should I worry about upgrading Soul Shields?

Ranmo

Rolling with my alt and F2P friends on Soha. Feel free to join us! No queues!

How's the pop there? I'm thinking of putting an alt and directing my friends to a separate server. At least the few who will complain about queue and probably will only stick to dungeons and I know won't be hardcore on end game / pvp before ultimately quitting the game.

mkenyon

Banned
Here is the most updated server pop list:

WQaoG2o.png

NeOak

You are leaving out the point that what the person pays on the bid is then distributed to the rest of the party. They pay *you* for the loot.

Jiwan is the second most populated NA server. Poharan, TMK, is the "Unofficial" Brazilian server, which pushes the peak times on it a bit forward compared to NA.

I rolled on Jiwan. Good population, no queues.

Wrong. Jiwan is the BR server.

gg

Kitoro

Where can the level 20 soul shield set be purchased in Jadestone Village? Is it worth it, or better to grind a set from Blackram?

NeOak

Where can the level 20 soul shield set be purchased in Jadestone Village? Is it worth it, or better to grind a set from Blackram?

If you plan to farm Blackram, get that set. Otherwise the Viridian set is fine for questing.

Orly?

My time in Archeage gave me some Portugese fundamentals. I was even leader of a guild that had 40+ BR members. Good thing.

Or maybe reroll.

Yup, some friends that were in Mushin and rerolled tried Jiwan. They went "NOPE.webm" and rerolled in Poharan.

Sorian

Banned

I farmed Blackram but I was looking for the costume (which I'm not entirely convinced exists), no costume and the soul shield took forever.

NeOak

I farmed Blackram but I was looking for the costume (which I'm not entirely convinced exists), no costume and the soul shield took forever.

You mean this one?

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/RRGQDqm.jpg[/img]

Unknown made me bid almost 5 silver on it... Damn you D:

Top Bottom